[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xperia Z5/Z5 Compact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: xperiaZ5white01.png (215 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
xperiaZ5white01.png
215 KB, 1000x1000
Okay, only because I've been fucking asking for 3 days, with no response, I'm forced to make my own thread about it.

The Z5(c) gets recommended a lot on /g/ so I figure a sizable number of you people have it.
I'm assuming at least SOME of you are American and have the US version which came out recently. My questions:

1.) How are you liking it so far?

2.) Anyone here a US customer with the US version of the phone?

3.) Does the phone have that blurring on the edges of photos due to the camera being off-set like the international model?

4.) Has there been an update to fix the lackluster camera software? It's a real shame that it has probably the best hardware, but every other manufacturer is making better use of it than they are.
>>
File: xperiaZ5gold_01.png (588 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
xperiaZ5gold_01.png
588 KB, 1500x1500
Does anybody even own a Z5?
>>
File: xperiaz5white_02.png (130 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
xperiaz5white_02.png
130 KB, 1000x1000
I'm here all week; try the veal.
>>
I am not op, but I would like to offer a friendly bump. Please answer him or her.
>>
yup bumping too. from what I've heard on /g/, it's not recommended, since:
>overpriced
>faulty camera
>overheating even after watching some 1080p movie
>worse battery life compared to Z3c

they advise the Z3c instead.
>>
>>53283068
1 - it lacks fingerprint scanner, if you're not a selfie addicted just get a z3c.
2 - yes.
3 - yes. same camera.
4 - Camera app stand still. For manual control > lumia 950 or G4/5.
>>
>>53283657
Also, no marshmallow yet.
>>
Maybe try asking on a subreddit for the device or XDA, at least you know the people viewing these things actually own the device.

I'm sure it's fine though, I'd go for the international variant because I like fingerprint scanners.
>>
Finally!

>>53283633
>>53283669
I don't care about the fingerprint scanner. Having a Galaxy S3 for close to 3 years, I did not have one and I don't think it's a necessary feature at all.

I want the international version just because it looks cheaper on Amazon compared to the US one, but some of the comments on sellers seem shady. Like people have received second-hand, dirty, used phones.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151121-153955.png (120 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151121-153955.png
120 KB, 1080x1920
>>53283068
Got a Z3, the battery life is epic as fuck. Whole new using experience when you don't need to care about your battery percentage.
Don't know about the z5 though. If you don't need the faster processor or fingerprint sensors, I'd recommend getting a Z3.
>>
I received my Z5C last week, and so far it's been a meh experience. The battery easily last a full day with 3 hours of SOT, but it won't last the advertised two days. For some reason the phone is constantly awake, even in stamina mode. This could potentially change.
The camera is extremely mediocre, no matter what settings I use the fine details just won't show up in photos.
I'm not a US customer, but honestly just get a Z3/Z3C
>>
So, sans fingerprint scanner, is the International Z5 the exact same as the US Z5?

Anyone from the US order the international one and somehow able to get a warranty through Sony somehow?

Or is it impossible to get a warranty on the international version in the US?

I can save like $50+ by getting the international one, but no one seems clear on this, or won't answer me at all.
>>
File: media-20160303.png (80 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
media-20160303.png
80 KB, 720x1280
>1.) How are you liking it so far?
So far its good for me, never experienced lag/crash in every app/games i throw in it

>2.) Anyone here a US customer with the US version of the phone?
I live/bought z5c outside US but i heard they removed the fingerprint sensor in US models

>3.) Does the phone have that blurring on the edges of photos due to the camera being off-set like the international model?
Never had any of those.

>4.) Has there been an update to fix the lackluster camera software? It's a real shame that it has probably the best hardware, but every other manufacturer is making better use of it than they are.
There had been two major updates in camera since 2015 it added more features and customization. But i think camera is somewhat okay tier sony can improve it.

My friend has s6 and mine is z5c, z5c can do pretty much anything s6 can do except the camera part. s6 somewhat has better camera than z5c
>>
>>53285125
Thank you for your input!
>>
>>53285125
Do you think you'll hold on to the phone for a while? It doesn't feel cheap like it wouldn't last 2+ years?
>>
>>53285552
yep, i plan to use it until it cant update to next android version.
I am pretty sure other flagship phones wouldnt last another year or so because of no sd card slot. I considered buying this because of sd card slot for watching backlog of movies and animemes.
>>
>>53283068
>Anyone here a US customer with the US version of the phone?
No nigga das gay. Get the international version on Amazon, it has the fingerprint scanner. No warranty so get a separate protection plan if you're a klutz.
>>
>>53285747
But I don't care about fingerprint scanners. I am interested in warranties though. Not so much because I'm a klutz, but because I'm kind of wary of things like:

offset camera hardware - read about with the international version elsewhere
overheating for almost no reason - I don't plan on recording video in 4k which would be the only reason I'd suspect the phone to overheat. What I don't want is it to overheat with just basic operation.
Battery expanding, causing phone to separate and create gaps between surfaces - There should be no reason for shit like that.

If I got a Z5, I sure as hell am putting it in a titanium case with diamond screen protectors.
>>
>>53283668
MM started rolling out in Japan today.
>>
File: topgnu.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
topgnu.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>53283068
>Okay, only because I've been fucking asking for 3 days, with no response, I'm forced to make my own thread about it.

/g/ isn't your tech support, like holy shit
>>
>>53285823
>offset camera hardware
Camera is shit, don't buy it for the camera
>overheating for almost no reason
Mixed bag, some report it some do not. Might be related, but the white Z5c has a different screen from the black Z5c, and there had been more reports of cracking from the former.
>Battery expanding, causing phone to separate and create gaps between surfaces
It's not the expansion of battery. If the device gets hot enough for a sufficient amount of time the adhesive back will be unset. This happened to my Z1c. They still use adhesives to secure the back plate.

My Z5c is on the way but apparently a fuckton of people are ordering it because I got backordered from tomorrow to next week. Fuck this.
>>
>>53285875
Then why have /spg/ threads at all? Hell, half the questions go unanswered anyway.
>>
>>53285925
Literally for the reason that you idiots wouldnt make threads for each phone with your specific questions.

Also theres a difference between being offered support, and requesting it.
If /spg/ doesnt want to answer your questions while willingly offering support then you must have somehow engraved yourself on their damn shitlist.
>>
>>53285842
And Brazil. I already got the update on my Moto G 2.
>>
>>53285967
I was talking about MM rolling out for the Z5c specifically
>>
>>53285911
>Camera is shit, don't buy it for the camera
I wouldn't normally care as much, but it really bothers me that it has one of the best sensors, but Sony can't do shit with their own hardware. Boggles my fucking mind.
>the white Z5c has a different screen from the black Z5c
That's interesting. More info on that?
>more reports of cracking from the former
Which is a shame, because I like the white color more.
> If the device gets hot enough for a sufficient amount of time the adhesive back will be unset.
Huh. I guess that doesn't help much if I get a model where the 810 heats up more unnecessarily than usual.
I know Sony tried what they can to keep the SD810 cool, and I read different reports where some people only experience heat issues when doing heavy tasks (which makes sense), and others experience heat when just having the thing sitting in their pockets (which I would unfortunately probably send back - which is why I'd prefer the warranty.)
>>
>>53285965
It's even more asinine when every phone thread I browse, a good chunk of people will recommend Z5/c. So I'm thinking maybe, just maaaaaybe, a decent number of /g/ users have some knowledge of that particular phone.
Unless it's all be just a clever ruse, because it's kind of annoying when no one seems to have any information. The kind that I'd only trust from real people like the denizens of /g/ with some grappling of the English language, rather than some Amazon comments section where the majority of people are shitskin pooinloos.
>>
>>53286029
Re: Screen
http://forum.xda-developers.com/z5-compact/general/z5c-check-panel-id-t3224567
They're not sure what it means yet.
Re: Housing
It's a design defect because
>muh thin
But since I want a sub 5 inch phone I'll have to live with it.
>>
>>53285999
Sorry, my bad.
>>
>>53286086
Because what better source of information than some /g/ neckbeard with a phone that youre specifically interested! (Ignoring other thousands of people who might have reviewed it elsewhere ofcrouse.)
>>
WE MARSHMALLOW NOW
http://www.sonymobile.co.jp/product/update/docomo/marshmallow/
>>
>>53286127
I know 4chan is a bunch of faggots, but those faggots haven't steered me wrong for the most part for the better part of 10 years. ¯\(°_o)/¯
>>
>>53283068
>It's a real shame that it has probably the best hardware, but every other manufacturer is making better use of it than they are.
no other manufacturer gets to use those internal sony sensors. they are just shit.
>>
>>53286488
So Sony makes these camera sensors for other vendors that are better than their own? That never fails to not make sense to me.
>>
>>53286574
He's retarded, Sony reserves the best sensors for themselves, but their image processing is pure shit
>>
>34 replies
>command + f "manlet"
>not found

I'm disappointed /g/
>>
File: 1433089169344.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1433089169344.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>53285842
>No STAMINA
>No new icons from Xperia X
>No manual camera mode
>No new emoji
>6.0
>ONLY in DTT DOCOMMO
>>
>>53286645
Fuck you.
It's not so much the handling of big phones but how the fuck does anyone store their phones comfortably?
I wear regular, "loose" fitting cargo pants, and keep my phone in my front pocket. I have a GS3 with a Zerolemon battery in it, and it's already fashioned a hole where the top corner of the phone rests. I couldn't imagine the lack of mobility with an even bigger phone.
I'm lead to believe that /g/:

Is a bunch of basement dwellers who never leave the house to worry about bringing any size phone with them.

Is like the opposite of /fa/ and wears jnco-style cargo pants and just throws everything into their pockets

Is a bunch of /fa/ggots who bring purses or "satchels" with them everywhere they go.

Prove to me otherwise one of these scenarios is not the case.
>>
Perhaps wait for surface phone. Though Samsung and LG already released their shit.

>>53286645
I'm 6"2' and I prefer the smaller size.
>>
>>53286774
>No STAMINA
Do you even use this shit?
>No new icons from Xperia X
>implying it's even out
>wanting new emojis
The rest are valid complaints.
>>53286786
Manlet detected
>>
>>53286786
I use only skinny pants, my Z5 fits, not that comfortable but it does.
I think we've reached a point where designers doesn't even care about size X handling. It's all about muh 99999 ppi 4k screen and huellion-cores at 10ghz.
>>
>>53286825
Ye man.
STAMINA is fucking based though Doze is on by default in MM.
I'm curious to see the results. Sony said they had put STAMINA aside with Doze with no issues, looks like they lied.
>>
>>53286825
I forgot, the "manlet detected" meme for phones on /g/ is analogous to dark souls' "git gud" meme on /v/. *rollseyes*
>>
>>53286873
>put STAMINA aside
>aside
so they removed STAMINA. Maybe it was rendered redundant by doze.
>>53286891
>manlets
>learning
Pick one
>>
>>53286899
I'll have you know I'm a palpable 5’12”.
4'10" when I'm naked.
What's the likelihood of Sony's MM update fixing their camera software??
>>
i have a z5p
it's bent like a soggy iphone 6!
the camera is a disappointment because of sony's software
that's about it
>>
>>53286938
We'll just have to wait. I don't even have my z5c yet because backordered
>tfw z1c battery expanded
>tfw back to xperia active
>tfw xperia active is on marshmallow
>2011 phone running MM smoothly
JUST
>>
>>53286991
Are you Americlap ordering a US version?
>>
>>53287087
I'm an americlap ordering the international version, hence the lack of stocks
>>
I like my z5p
I don't really have any gripes with it, but I do think the battery life does go by pretty quick if you're a heavy data/Wi-Fi user.
>>
>>53286200
Sorry, but there's no way you haven't fallen for some meme before, especially if you regularly browse /g/.
>>
>>53288730
Iunno, man
>>
>>53287103
Yeah, idk if everyone's just buying them up or if Sony has a weak stock thinking that Americans don't want their phones.
I'm hoping the price goes down with the release of the X line, which should be releasing soon. Don't know when though.
>>
>>53283068

Shit camera software, no fingerprint sensor

Wait for the compact variant of the X or just get a galaxy s7
>>
Got the Canadian z5c which has the fingerprint sensor great so far, 1 and a half day battery if you don't check your phone/surf too often. Camera seems great but I keep the pixel setting to 8M.
>>
>>53290809
Any word on when it's being released? Gsmarena still says February 2016 and uhhh...
>>
>>53286815
If I was 6 inches 2 feet I would too
>>
I'm waiting/hoping the US Z5 gets cheaper when the X line comes out.
Right now the z3 is about $348.
The Z3+/Z4 is about $399
>>
>>53292480
It was announced February 2016.
>>
>>53290326
>or if Sony has a weak stock thinking that Americans don't want their phones.
I think it's the weak stock. Seriously Sony has an irrational hateboner for the American market.
Let's ignore the other shit releases
>release Z3+ in the US
>release Z4 three months later making the Z3+ obsolete
and focus on the Z5
>Z5 line finally arrives in the US
>no fingerprint sensor
They're just saying it's a "business decision," and a more logical explanation would be licensing problems. They could bump up the price to cover the extra licensing fees but nope let's just remove the sensor. Also let's give it a CAT4 modem instead of the CAT6 every other new phone, including the non-US version of this phone, has.

I think someone high up in the board of Sony's mobile division had his mother fucked by an American GI stationed in Okinawa or some shit.
>>
>>53294910
>>release Z3+ in the US
>>release Z4 three months later making the Z3+ obsolete
I thought the Z3+ was the Z4 in the US
>>
>>53296734
I thought so too. And didn't only Verizon get it!?
>>
>>53286825
i almost bought a z5 since i'm a sony fanboy

>just stick the sensor there guys and call it a day

fucking disgisting

the LG G4 supports laser autofocus (how earlier sony nex cameras focus) and fucking Optical Stabalization

along with a full manual camera app that can even shoot RAW

>all on a sony sensor

the fuck were you thinking sony?
now im going more than likely get a shitter g4 just because of the better camera features
>>
>>53296781
I feel the same way. Call me a fanboy, but when I see a Sony product, I think of quality Japanese industry. If I saw a Sony product next to some Ningshong no-name brand, I'd obviously chose the Sony.
But I've been getting increasingly burned by them lately. A bluray player I bought from them would make Netflix skip after 2-3 episodes of a show. I then bought an updated one, and getting the thing to connect via WiFi every time I turn it on is a hassle.
It's like they are just shooting themselves in the foot on purpose. It's like watching a childhood best friend fuck himself up over alcohol and drugs.
>>
>>53296734
>>53296765
You guys are correct. I meant
>release Z5 after just releasing Z4
>>
>>53297078
Isn't the Z3+/Z4 just the Z3 with the SD810 in it? How well does it compare to the Z3 and the Z5?
I imagine it'd be a huge battery drainer and crotchfire being so unrefined on a Z3. At least the Z5 had time to fix some of SD810's flaws, right?
>>
>>53297211
>Isn't the Z3+/Z4 just the Z3 with the SD810 in it?
Yes. And it's shit. The Z5 and Z5p has dem heatpipes to alleviate Fermi, Jr. The Z5c has none. Some faggots say that the 810 on the Z5 line are better binned chips so they don't heat up as much as the Z4
>>
>>53297289
I figured. I did read somewhere (I think xda maybe) that there was an update for z3+ that made the phone run smoother/not heat up as much.
Took it with a grain of salt, but it made me hopeful that maybe Sony could release an update to increase performance of the Z5 and maybe fix the camera.
My biggest gripe was the physical hardware being bad on the camera. If it's all software, then there's at least some hope that it can be fixed.
>>
I have had a z5 for about 3 months now. Posting from one right now actually. It's pretty much exactly what I expected from it.

Perfect size for my average size hands. All of the nonsense about the fingerprint scanner not working on some devices is bullcrap. Mine works perfectly, even upside down.

The thing is stunning design wise a has a distinct shape so it doesn't slip out of your hands.

No problems as of yet.
>>
>>53297524
So obviously, you're using an international, non-US version of the phone. You see yourself using it for 2 years, if you were the type?
>>
This is one of the most pathetic threads in a while. Some baby can't even research the phone he wants, chucks a tantrum and all you betas run to his aid. So much for 'not your personal tech support'.
>>
>>53299011
So threads like >>53290347 are perfectly fine?

That's nice.

And I've been researching for months on the Z5, but I hear anything from "it's the best phone ever" to "it overheats for absolutely no reason" and "it literally just shattered when I blinked at it, fuck this thing"

And if you disagree that every phone thread, someone recommends the Z5/c, you're being a brent. Stop that. No one likes a brent.
>>
Some nigger stole my z3c,
I was about to get the z5c then I read it have worse battery life, wtf? it have a bigger battery and it worse? There are threads on sony and xda where people are getting 3.5 hours on screen and bearly one day of battery life.
fuck that shit
Now I don't know what to do, get the z3c again or wait if marshmallow would fix that?
it's a shame you can't get the mint green z3c one anymore, only black.
>>
>>53298762
Since it can get 6.0 when it is released, I could easily see 2 years with use.
>>
>>53299291
>it have a bigger battery and it worse?
It has the SD810. Also lollipop is shit with all sony devices in general. Hell my 2011 Active is running CM 13 (MM) perfectly so here's hoping that MM will make things better.
>>
>>53300551
fucking 810... even if they will fix something in MM it would never be like the battery life in the z3c.
Such a shame, all this muh last 16core cpu! even if the only difference are the points in benchmakrs apps and it will eat more battery! fuck this retardation!
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.