[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>more than a year since first vivaldi release >we will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (737 KB, 1401x889) Image search: [Google]
file.png
737 KB, 1401x889
>more than a year since first vivaldi release
>we will bring opera features to chrome reskins!
>pretty much 0 actual features was added
Why bother
>>
>>53277124
I don't even know why vivaldi is a thing in this board. It's just some proprietary crap, another chromium based browser that brings nothing useful
>>
>>53277124
Yet it has already more features than all the other browsers except Firefox and Opera 12.
It also isn't run by SJWs actively removing features and hasn't been updated the last time more than a year ago.

It's proprietary, yes. But definitely not crap.

You can also expect it to get better, which can't be said for all the other browsers.
>>
>>53277767
>it has already more features than all the other browsers
Such as?
>>
>we want the power users
>still less customization options than chrome

ok thank u vivaldi for being a waste of time

>>53277767
>You can also expect it to get better, which can't be said for all the other browsers.
brave will continue to get better though, and I don't see why firefox wouldn't either with some of the sweet tech incoming, or why chrome would suddenly kill itself.
>>
>>53277797
the one thing I use the most that no other browser has is:
>save bookmark
>give it a short nickname like 4ch for 4chan
>f2
>type just 4ch
>it opens the page

And it's just one of the few things you can do from the f2 multipurpose bar.

>>53277834
>less personalization than chrom
Nigga you baiting.
Interface customization:
>can decide the position and presence or not of almost every UI element (tabs, adress bar, status bar, extension buttons)
>can decide colors from the settings
>can decide speed dial background from the settings
>can decide to use light or dark interface
>can decide what sites to have in the speed dial instead of being based on your chronology
>can have multiple speed dials

Also fully customizable keyboard shotcuts and mouse gestures.

>brave will continue to get better though, and I don't see why firefox wouldn't either with some of the sweet tech incoming, or why chrome would suddenly kill itself.
Brave is my second hope.
Firefox has been constantly removing things, see plugins support.
First they removed unsigned plugins.
Then they said they're gonna deprecate the actual plugin writing system in favor of chrome stile plugins based on APIs instead of XUL, thus killing a lot of extension such as Classic theme restorer, three tabs, down them all, stylish and others yet.
As for chrome they even removed ftp support because not enough people use it, and have zero customizations and limited settings.
They aren't "killing themselves". Just killing all features and options normies don't use. Which is almost all of them.
>>
>>53277949
Yeah or you can just add 4chan to the speed dial and use 1 click instead of 3 steps
>>
>>53277983
I prefer to use the mouse as little as possible.
Even if it's 2 steps (f2, keyword. No need for "enter") it's faster than moving my hand away from the keyboard.
But yes, you can also add it.

You have 2 ways to do it, which is better than only one.
>>
>>53278038
Yeah okay it have one useless feature and still is missing 150 from opera and a lot from chropera
>>
>>53277767
>You can also expect it to get better, which can't be said for all the other browsers.
What a classy phrase for saying that it can't get any worse
>>
>>53278063
I completely agree on that.
But it's still better than chrome.

>>53278082
It's more about describing the trend.
With each update they fix and add stuff.
Meanwhile FF with each update removes stuff.
FF is still better, but I'm afraid that soon this will not be the case.

Vivaldi isn't even my main browser. I just hope it becomes good enough before ff goes completely to shit.
Also I'm getting tired of being prompted every 20 minutes to upgrade to 38.6esr
>>
>>53278160
Netscape navigator is better than chrome
I need an alternative or chropera
>>
Does it still use no ram?
>>
>>53278176
80MB here
>>
File: stallman_disgust.jpg (186 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
stallman_disgust.jpg
186 KB, 690x460
>>53277767
>proprietary
>not crap
>>
>>53278194
They said when they first released it that it uses no ram
>>
File: lol.jpg (64 KB, 832x322) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
64 KB, 832x322
Why is Sheever there

who is the random dude on the left
>>
>>53277124
Another meme browser

Just use Chrome
>>
>>53278303
>no RAM
That's not possible.
>>
>>53279026
It's what they said
>>
>>53278063
>still is missing 150 from opera and a lot from chropera
>a lot from chropera
Since when did chropera have more features than the last "real" Opera?
>>
>>53280025
Since never, only more than chrome and vivaldi
>>
>>53277949
>that no other browser has is:
Literally what tags are for in Firefox bookmarks.
>>
I have no idea why /g/ is so obsessed with this shitty browser in the first place.

IT LOOKS FUCKING AWFUL. ITS UI LOOKS LEGITIMATELY BROKEN.
>>
File: file.png (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
193 KB, 1920x1080
>>53280100
>ITS UI LOOKS LEGITIMATELY BROKEN.
What do you mean?
>>
>>53280138
ew
>>
>>53280224
Post your idea off a good "UI"
>>
File: 1191467591881.jpg (155 KB, 801x603) Image search: [Google]
1191467591881.jpg
155 KB, 801x603
>>53280235
>>
>>53280060
Not really, no.
Tags are for organizing and filtering bookmarks and additionally can be used like that, but it's
>ctrl+l to focus the adress bar
>keyword
>arrow down to select it instead of doing a search
>enter

instead of

>f2
>keyword

no ctrl+something required, no down arrow, no enter.
The no down arrow is especially important as it lets you keep your hands on the keyboard without having to move them on the arrows
>>
>>53277138
>I don't even know why vivaldi is a thing in this board.
because brendan eich is a thing on this board
>>
>>53278371
>Chrome
But Vivaldi IS Chrome, just with slightly different buttons.
>>
Anybody know how the hardware acceleration is in Vivaldi? It sucks balls in Chrome. The only browser that do proper hardware acc. on Windows is Edge and IE11, Firefox is decent but not great.
>>
>>53281591
see
>>53281487
>>
File: Untitled.png (222 KB, 1461x1308) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
222 KB, 1461x1308
>>53280138

It looks broken
>>
>>53281700
you'd think they'd at least improve on things that Chrome lacks in. ah well. don't wanna use a beta browser anyway.
>>
>>53281751
>aero
>>
>>53282009
>flat
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>53280138
I dont see anything wrong here.
>>
>>53277124
Vivaldi is apparently great. Haven't tried it yet, waiting for them to improve performance... and I guess stability. Can't deal with data loss (losing tabs is a big nono for me, since I typically use 100's)
>>
>>53282413
Actually, they added sessions to vivaldi like old opera has, you can save your tabs
>>
>>53277138
Because, sadly, if you take away the proprietary shit, it's the best full-featured browser, because Firefox is going from bad to worse, and Chrome has a shit interface.
>>
>>53281751
>It doesn't look like I want it to on Wangblows© 7™ with Macroshit© Telemetry™©

Fucking commit suicide, retarded winbabby
>>
Used it as my main browser for close to half a year now desu, it's better than the big 2 alternatives even though the UI lag bothers me.

Whoever invented the one process per tab meme is a fucking idiot, it never worked as well or as smoothly as opera 12 with 3000 tabs.
>>
>>53282550
Need a way to automatically incrementally save the tab list to text file, like Firefox can with an addon. It's a good start though.
>>
>>53283367
This is what I love about Firefox with e10s. You can control exactly how many processes the browser is allowed to use. I've found 3 processes works great, keeps the UI responsive.
>>
>>53282915
>and Chrome has a shit interface.
And yet Vivaldi has a worse one.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.