[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you own a microUSB cable that you've reliably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 010-11478-01_1_1428671604_82[1].jpg (55 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
010-11478-01_1_1428671604_82[1].jpg
55 KB, 1000x1000
Do any of you own a microUSB cable that you've reliably used for more than a month or two? Generally the ones I've tried last for maybe a month before the little pronged legs start to push in and it loses its ability to stay in my phone entirely. Even if that doesn't happen, for some reason they'll fail to provide a proper charge unless you wiggle the end to just the right angle, regardless of how sturdy they seemed on purchase.

Anyone have any brand recommendations? I just want a goddamn quality cable for once in my life.
>>
>>53272718
The ones I have from Digitus have held up for a few years now.
Don't buy cheap shit.
Don't treat your cables like shit.
>>
>>53272718
I've had this Monoprice one ever since my Samsung cable hit the dirt after a year and a half. Just take care of your shit.
>>
the microusb cables that i use are only rarely unplugged from their socket at the microusb end
they work fine
>>
File: scosche.jpg (6 KB, 449x449) Image search: [Google]
scosche.jpg
6 KB, 449x449
i had qualms about purchasing due to the fact it is a fuckin 10 foot cable, but the Scosche Heavy Duty Charge and Sync Cable i got at wal mart for like $15 has lasted me like 6 months so far now and it still works as perfectly as the day i bought it. never have i ever encountered a more durable phone cable in my life.
>>
>>53272718

What the fuck do you fuckers do with you cables when they break like that, I literall have cables which are several years old and work perfectly, I still have my Nokia 5800 and its cable, which works as the first day, and since it that old I accidentally tugged it more than once or trip over it with my leg and send the phone flaying across the room etc.
>>
I've never had one fuck out on me
I run over my oneplus cable with my chair all the time too
>>
>>53272952
This.

>OP lubes up micro usb
>inserts into anus carefully
>feeds the cord up anus so only a little bit hangs out
>plug other end into laptop/desktop usb slot (3.0 preferred for maximum results)
>run away, ripping the micro connector cord out of anus
>go to /g/ and make a thread?
>>
I have two 10 foot cables from insignia, one I have had for over a year, still works great, the other, like 3 months and it's good as well.
>>
>>53272718
try amazon basics
>>
>>53272952
> What the fuck do you fuckers do with you cables when they break like that
Use devices while they're charging.
>>
File: IMG_20160302_051147.jpg (4 MB, 2975x3049) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160302_051147.jpg
4 MB, 2975x3049
I have three cables I rely on and have relied on several years now.

1. 4ft LG charger that came with my G4 (throw away the fucking base; it's useless)

2. 3ft Wal-Mart brand micro USB that came with my PNY T5200 (pic related)

3. 6ft USB cable from Best Buy, cost me maybe 12 bucks
>>
>>53272718

Yes.

Been using one i ordered from amazon that can be plugged in either way for months now.
>>
>>53272718
The one that came with my Xperia Z2 has lasted over 2 years now. There isn't any sign of wear at all.

I charge almost every night. What the fuck do you do to your cable?
>>
get one with an angled connector
>>
>>53272718
been using the same cable for 6 years now
>>
File: OnePlus-one-cable-conector.jpg (32 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
OnePlus-one-cable-conector.jpg
32 KB, 650x366
>>53272718
the cable original from my oneplus is realy good
>>
>>53272718
I'm still using the cable that came with my Xperia Arc s. It's still in good condition and micro USB side still makes a nice snapping sound while being inserted.
>>
>>53272718
I've had mine for 5 years and it still works like new.
>>
Most of my charging cables I've had for years but they've started to fray just underneath the moulded connector. I did buy a long cable recently which lasted about a month, and now no longer stays in the phone's usb port properly and has to be wiggled to get it to work.
>>
>>53275807
This. This is the greatest killer of both micro USB and lightning cables. They're specifically designed so the cable dies first.
>>
>>53276792
Literally never had a lightning cable break. The shit is solid metal.
>>
>>53276894
Literally never had a micro-b cable break. The shit is solid metal.
>>
>>53276894
They don't break, it just becomes loose and won't charge properly. Just because it has never happened to you does not mean it doesn't happen, they're not particularly sturdy.
>>
>>53276924
Micro-b is wrapped and shaped sheet metal. It is hollow by design, and that characteristic makes it weak. Lightning is cast and machined. The only downside is Appleshit proprietary. USB-c might be decent though.
>>
>>53272718
I've used the one that came with my phone to charge it for the past 1-2 years or so.

If your cables are breaking constantly, stop manhandling your technology like some dysfunctional retard with motor deficiency syndrome
>>
>>53272952
The 5800 cable and socket is better than 99% of phones, I am not joking (but I can't offer an explanation for why)
>>
>>53272718
fuck microUSB, I can't believe they used this piece of shit for the Dual Shock 4 controller which is otherwise a perfect controller
>>
The Asus cables are okay
>>
>>53272718
I've been using the same cable since my first smartphone 5 years ago.
>>
>>53272718
Probably my OEM Galaxy S6 Cable
Been 7 months and the thing still plugs into anything just fine
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.