[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What browser do you use and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 2048x1869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 2048x1869
What browser do you use and why?
>>
Chromium, brings me the comfy feeling of using a Chrome-based browser without expose my data to the botnet.
>>
>>53268800
Yandex. It's good looking and works quite well.
>muh botnet
Every browser is a botnet so I would rather give my data to a company that doesn't share info to NSA.
Why would a Russian company be forced to hand in user data to anyone but Russian gov? And since I'm not Russian it's all good.
Google on the other hand...
>>
Recently I've been using Vivaldi.
>inb4 muh botnet
>>
what the hell is a "ro" bot? read-only?
>>
Pale Meme
>>
Firefox because addons
>Tab Groups (it's an addon now)
>DownThemAll
>Classic Theme Restorer
>Tile Tabs
All stuff you can't do with chrome

I do have Chrome running in the background though, because the hangouts addon for FF sucks, and sometimes at work I mass-open 50 tabs at once which FF can't handle
>>
Chrome Canary, because just works and I get the latest botnets, it's even lighter than Chrome.
>>
I've been using Firefox exclusively for more than a decade now. I used a bit of Opera back when it was the only one to have tabs, tried Chrome once but didn't like it for some reason, immediately uninstall and never again.
>>
chrome
because it just syncs with my phone
easy to use, never encountered any problem, fuckload of addons and themes
>>
>>53269492
Every time I try to post with the dev version here I get "File is too large" error when I'm not uploading any picture.
>>
File: Capture.png (41 KB, 302x284) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41 KB, 302x284
>>53269571
Yeah, it's really annoying, it was fixed a few weeks ago but now it returned for the second time.
>>
was a chrome fan for number of years - then realised Firefox is what I was looking for. Both Linux and Windows. For Android phones, chrome still has all my shit.
>>
>>53268800
chrome dev on all devices for sync
firefox dev main on laptop cuz chrome is shit for battery
>>
File: 1450882185623.jpg (14 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
1450882185623.jpg
14 KB, 329x329
>>53268890
>not realizing that the botnet is hidden
>>
Dunno.

Chromium seems a little bit pointless, there's not that much guarantee of safety with it and holy shit that new code of conduct. Wow-

Chrome is the most convenient, but I have no doubt it's tracking everything I do and I'm not sure if it's to blame when I want to do something intensive that uses VRAM and shit goes bad.

Firefox has always performed worse than chrome at tasks like watching youtube videos. Old rig I could watch 1080p@60fps videos on Chrome just fine, firefox would have them stutter. Same now with 2k videos and scrolling on pages with a bit of heavy stuff being pretty sloppy.

Opera was my choice back when it was 11. Then it crashed, and it crashed. Then it turned into chrome. Then I used and I realized "it's just chrome without a few features, speed dial added". And stopped using it.

Vivaldi is featureless. Moreso than Opera of course. I know it's still green but I'm going to complain about it and you can't stop me.

Edge requires upgrading to Windows 10 and has shitty font rendering. Nuff said.

I'm all out of options here for Windows it seems.
>>
>>53269861
>implying
>>
Chrome.

I just like it, I like google as a company. And that makes me a fag but we're all fags on the Internet.
>>
>>53268800
google chrome direct from mothership
>>
Android & Windows - Chrome
iOS & OS X - Safari
>>
>>53268800
on Linux
- Opera
- Firefox
- Chrome

Windows 10
- Chrome
- Opera (too many issues with 10)
- Edge

Windows 8.1 and earlier
- Opera
- Chrome
- IE
>>
>>53268800
Opera 12.18
Because I'm addicted to its unique brilliant features.
>>
>>53271130
If I had three precise browser preferences depending on which OS I am using I would kill myself.
>>
File: untitled.png (668 B, 100x65) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
668 B, 100x65
>>53271058
>binary blob
>>
>>53269570
You can sync firefox too...
>>
Firefox, i tried a lot of browsers, but firefox it's the best...
>>
Firefox. Tree style tabs is indispensable. It's absolutely crazy that no other browser supports it.

I was using Pale Moon, but version 26 was causing me nothing but problems, so I just went back.
>>
Chromium now.

I can't get Firefox, iceweasel, palemoon to not have video lag when moving my mouse.

I do not have this problem on chromium.

I used to he a firecuck fan for a long time but idk. Chromium is comfy I guess.
>>
Chrome because syncing with devices is ez and I don't care that much about the botnet.
>>
>>53268800
Seamonkey because i had enough of chrome bullshit and firefox can't stop changing and adding bloat.
>>
File: 1455650438743.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1455650438743.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>53273586
this to be desu with you
>>
>>53273493
>thinking tabs should be handled by the program
>not the wm

Fuck Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. They are devved by Wincuck retards for a locked down system. Use a good wm that supports multinested tabs.

Also Surf.
>>
When I'm on Linux chromium performs the best. But since I use Windows now I go for Firefox nightly which is incredibly fast, smooth and powerful.
>>
>>53268898
retard

Chrome
>>
Brave browser

Enjoy non tracking ads
>>
>>53269311
Crashing daily much?
>>
Chromium for everything except with 4chan, Iceweasel for that.

For some reason, after different distros 4chan lags on me when the bump limit is close, the captcha takes ages to load.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.