[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College major
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
computer science or electrical engineering?
>>
whichever one interests you more
/thread
>>
>>53254519
you should be asking /sci/,there's mostly technician/admin tier guys here
>>
>>53254580
what if they interest me equally?
>>53254602
thanks for the tip :)
>>
>>53254635
>what if they interest me equally?
computer engineering
>>
computer science is over-saturated. You'll have a hard time getting a job because of the other million weeaboos with a CS degree. Go EE, minor is CS if you want.
>>
>>53254519
Yes
>>
>>53254519
Electrical engineering.

Either way, it's over-saturated as fuck.
Pakistanis and fat fucking grease-balls that crawled out of mom's house to attend school.
Go for aero-engineering.
>>
the one that lets you work in a way that makes you happy
>>
How about you don't be an engineer because there's too many of them

How about you do something else that isn't over saturated and whatever /g/ told you was cool
>>
>>53255892
>>53255767
>actually thinking EE is over saturated
Kek
>>
>>53254635
>what if they interest me equally?
Dual major.
>>
>>53254519
>banana slug
going to UCSC, anon?
>>
>>53254519
Fact: An EE or CoE can do anything a CS major can, plus more.
The converse is not true.
>>
I went Computer Engineering. It was basically an EE with most of the power/communications/matlab switched out for CS classes.

It was good.
>>
>>53256018
First thing that came to my mind as well.

Did you apply undeclared anon?
>>
>>53256145
No I was just raised in Santa Cruz and a lot of my family went there (my grandma was one of the first students back in the 60s).
I was a bioinformatics major but dropped out to create a start-up in San Jose with a friend.
>>
>>53254519
I'm studying under electronics engineering, and I have had mostly electrical, and some cs as curriculum.

I'd recommend choosing whatever makes you happy though.
>>
>>53256018
>>53256145
yeap, ucsc. Im actually a freshman right now, i applied under bioengineering but i'm changing majors to either cs or ee
>>
>>53255911
>http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-the-scandal-of-engineering-visas-20160226-column.html
>>
>>53254519
Ebonics with a side of computer electronics engeneering
>>
>>53254519
CS if you KNOW (not think) you want to advance the state of the art of
Research into algorithm efficency
Research into type systems
Research of computational mathematics

EE if you want to:
Advance the state of the art of conductors
Signal processing
-definitely more stuff i don't know about
>>
Go EE.
As an EE you can do most CS jobs, even more so if you specialize towards CE. And for CS jobs an EE can't do you might as well hire a mathematician.
>>
>>53257135
yeah man knowledge of transistors and signal processing will sure help in implementing a database or neural network architecture
>>
>>53257135
You will need to self study quite a lot of programming for that to be true, not all of it is incorporated in standard EE degrees
>>
>>53257261
But you can't do the reverse.
>>
>>53257165
>>53257261
Don't know where you study but EEs learn a shitton of CS.
At the point where an EE is not sufficient anymore computer scientists get shit on by mathematicians.
>>
computer engineering.
its a whole lot harder to learn electrical engineering from home than it is to learn cs from home.

>>53257006
>http
step it up
>>
>>53257290
this post is incoherent
>>
>>53257290
math people study a bunch of stupid useless shit like abstract algebra and topology
the people who actually want to use math to do something useful take classes from the computer science department such as cryptography, statistical inference, and graphics
>>
>>53257319
Not really though.
The CS knowledge of an EE is enough for jobs until you get to a level where both of them get shit on by mathematicians.
Face it, CS is a half assed degree.
>>
>>53257366
it really depends on your school and whether or not their program focuses on systems, infotech, or csm etc.
its all about what you put into it.

that said, ive always thought that a ba in mathematics with some well chosen electives would make for a better grounding overall
>>
>>53254519
Are you retarded ? CS : EE
>>
File: 1455310679806.png (287 KB, 836x1065) Image search: [Google]
1455310679806.png
287 KB, 836x1065
>>53254602

Stop sending subhuman CS majors to /sci/. /g/ exists solely to contain the /g/orillas
>>
>>53257043
>Research into algorithm efficency
HAHAHA, no.
>Research into type systems
HAHAHA, no.
>Research of computational mathematics
HAHAHA, no.

>Advance the state of the art of conductors
HAHAHA, no.
>>
>>53258661
the classic 'quote everything someone says and dismiss it cockily while providing no counterargument or presenting any kind of information at all' /v/ meme, well played
>>
>>53256032
Fact: Earth is red.
>>
>>53258729
No, that is not a fact. However, what I posted is.
>>
>>53258754
Only according to your /sci/-tier delusion.
>>
>>53257261
>You will need to self study quite a lot of programming for that to be true

Yeah but CS stuff is just so damn easy to learn on your own. Would you rather kill 256 downs babies (learn CS) or kill 6 Jason Bourne-s (learn EE)?
>>
>>53257296
>>http
>step it up

https doesn't protect nor hide you. This is a meme from the NSA to trick people into a false sense of safety.
>>
File: CHINESE CARTOONS LAUGH AT YOU.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
CHINESE CARTOONS LAUGH AT YOU.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>53257361
>math people study a bunch of stupid useless shit like abstract algebra and topology
>>
Do you want to design electrical systems across endless fields with a multifaceted degree that encompasses science, mathematics, programming and product delivery or do you want to be cucked by poo in the loo's?
>>
File: CS.jpg (96 KB, 650x369) Image search: [Google]
CS.jpg
96 KB, 650x369
>>53256032

Fact: A CS major can't even get a CS job
>>
>>53254519

EE, CS is lost to the Pajeets.
>>
>>53258902

It's like I'm really on /sci/
>>
>>53254519
Ee student here. Go for it
>>
>>53258930

Remember when your mommy told you that whenever people say mean things about you, it was just them being jealous at you for being a super special snowflake? That was a lie. They say mean things because you suck.
>>
>>53258965
>>>/sci/
>>
>>53254519
Computer Engineering senpai.
>>
>>53257709
At my uni you can't study math without a minor, e.g. CS, phsyics, finance. So CS guys here are just pleb tier mathematicians.
And EEs can specialize in CE, so there really is no reason to go CS apart from being too stupid for EE/math.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.