[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting CS Today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: Bahelit_Awakes.jpg (11 KB, 568x404) Image search: [Google]
Bahelit_Awakes.jpg
11 KB, 568x404
Any tips?

Pic related
>>
>>53251153
Don't be a cocky cunt. There's enough of those already.
>>
>>53251153
>>53251341
also don't suck. do good.
>>
>>53251153
Have a fun time! But seriously if you really want to learn it do some of your own projects. The class probably don't teach everything
>>
Op here, just had my first class and maybe 30% of them were complete autists, basically embodying /g/ out loud unironically. Apart from joining clubs any ways to meet people outside of your course? I didn't think it would be this bad.
>>
When the ambition of the one you call friend comes crumbling down, on the night of the eclipse, you will face an inevitable death!
>>
fuck off, were full
>>
>>53252091
that's just university man, just keep meeting people you'll eventually find someone that's not retarded
>>
EJECT. EJECT. EJECT.
>>
>>53251153
Which uni?
>>
Quit and study engineering with something related to computers if you really want to code.
>>
>>53252606
Texas A&M.
>>
>>53252840
Fucking aggies.

Yeah, people who do cs degrees are usually /g/ level autists or wanna be game devs or girls who think they're smart. There's always a few decent people though, not everyone is like that. You just gotta look for the people who aren't fedora tier.

But no matter what you do, you'll still be in college station, so you should probably just drop out or transfer to texas tech, since that's objectively better
>>
>>53252840
>>53252905
Op here not going there I'm not gonna disclose where I'm going because a lot of my mates browse the board and will instantly pick me
>>
i'm switching to mathematics most likely

at least i shan't have indians who can't listen or autists playing minecraft in my lectures
>>
>>53252840
Lots of fellow Aggies on /g/ it seems. What year are you on? I'm in my first year in the CS program, any professors you recommend?
>>
>>53251153
Aim at head level, check corners, buy AK or m4 when you got the money, don't rush smokes, use flashes and grenades, communicate with team
>>
>>53251153
I hope you didn't enroll for muh programming maymay
mathematics, algorithms and logic is a big component
>>
>>53254198
My intention is to get into virtual reality, not just gaymes and shit, actual utility.
>>
>>53254194
They say the pp bizon is the new ak
>>
>>53251153
You will soon learn how fucking terrible you are at math.
>>
>>53254247
Anything more than trigonometry/matrices/calculus? I assumed I'd just need Pythagoras and I'd be good
>>
File: 1433447605619.png (80 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1433447605619.png
80 KB, 200x200
visit /sci/,abandon /g/
>>
File: 500years.png (1 MB, 1182x733) Image search: [Google]
500years.png
1 MB, 1182x733
>>53252145
You some kind of newfag? CS has been on my 4chan for 12 generations!
>>
>>53252840
>ass-to-mouth university
>>
>>53254679

wait so I've been on the wrong board all this time/1
>>
>>53252145
cept he didn't die senpai
>>
>>53254305
Depends what kind of school you're going to. You might find yourself neck-deep in some crazy shit.
>>
>>53251153
do meth
>>
File: tips.jpg (27 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
27 KB, 600x750
>>53252145
>>
>>53251153
The more you think you're better than others at something, the more likely it is that you actually suck.

Do your fucking assignments the day you get them.
>>
>>53254305
>bout to build a house guys
>anything more than hammers/saws/nails i need?
>>
>>53252905
Lubbock if worse than college station.

I live in Galveston anyway which is better than both.
>>
Couple of reality checks that you should remember.

>Holy shit I know everything about loops and if-statements, I am a pretty gud programmer!
Please finish CS101 and shut up.

>Wew, I totally understand divide and conquer algorithms like merge sort. Computer Science is easy!
So do the 10 year olds who watch tutorials from YouTube.

>Check out this rad Dijkstra's algorithm I wrote, I can write navigator software now.
You only used 10 hours and 200 lines of Java to do it. A decent entry level programmer does that in 10 minutes and under 50 lines of Clojure.

>Well, I can draw all these cool NFAs and I almost know how to prove NP-hardness.
Yes, theory is important and I'm not going to hire a dumbass who doesn't know this second year CS stuff but can you also talk to customers and write a SPA on top of your own REST API?

>That's web right? I know Ruby on Rails and Postgres!
You only used ActiveRecord and rendered everything on the server. You didn't test your project, copypasted the JS and don't know what sockets are. 1/5.

>Maybe I could write some embedded software. I'm decent at C.
Understanding pointers doesn't make you special. Some applicants looking for entry level C jobs have already contributed to Linux kernel development or they have written a network driver as a hobby project.

>I can also work as a project manager because I do LEAN and Agile.
Get. The. Fuck. Out.
>>
>>53258201
Half of that stuff has nothing to do with CS dude. The only thing that is CS is suckign Math major's dicks when they make mad money
>>
>>53254305
>Anything more than trigonometry/matrices/calculus?
Depends on the school. The small religious school in the middle of nowhere that has a shitload of financial aid will "strongly encourage" numerical analysis as a formality while the larger schools outright require it.
>>
Drop your course and read SICP instead.
>>
>>53258201
Holy shit are you me? Those are literally the checkboxes I look out for when I'm applying for jobs. So many people moving into the area that just do it for the hype and really shouldn't be developing software.

I'm in Seattle btw.
>>
>>53254174
Everyone who does that shit is gone by the second year.
CS isn't hard, but it's apparently hard to impulsive retards who can't help but browse facebook and play games in class.
>>
>>53258291
Extrimly funi circlejerk joke mate.
Half of that stuff truly isn't CS, but that half is what most of the people end up doing. It also pays pretty well if you end up in a senior position for some decent company. It's stupid to think that you would study the exact same things in the university that you're going to need in the real life. There are trade schools for that.

>>53258318
I takes around 15 hours for me to fly to Seattle so I'm probably not you.
>>
>>53251153
I'm finishing in a few months, I can guarantee that you're fucked lad.
>>
File: berserk_b8.jpg (95 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
berserk_b8.jpg
95 KB, 680x989
>>53252145
>>
>>53254679
>implying computer 'science' is STEM
>>
File: cs.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cs.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>
>>53251153
Counter strike? Just google it.
>>
>>53251153
should've gone into accounting my code monkey friend
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.