[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>computer science major at super liberal college >everyclass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: 1456207787568.png (42 KB, 846x592) Image search: [Google]
1456207787568.png
42 KB, 846x592
>computer science major at super liberal college
>everyclass always tries to infuse liberal bullshit into the curriculum
>today in my gamedev class two older ladies walk in
>hello class! today we won't be writing games
>instead, we will be playing games!
>tell the class to get into groups, and to find a game to play.
>tells us to discuss with our groups what kind of social justice issues are in the game
>pack my bag up and walk out of the class.
>tfw im paying for this bullshit.

why the fuck couldn't I have went to some generic state school? anyone else being cucked by their CS department ?
>>
>>53250117
Holy shitwazzle that sounds awful.
>>
>gamedev class
>>
>>53250117
Welcome to the future. Computers were pretty much one of the last bastions we men had and femtards are trying their hardest to take it away from us. They don't like it when we do things that exclude them, that's why they lowered the standards for the Rangers to let them feel good while they end up getting people killed.
>>
what school
>>
>>53250156
Hillsbree high school>>53250156
>>
>>53250117
Your fault for falling for the game dev meme cuck boy

More money to be made outside of the gaming industry and not slave driving hours either.

Better luck next lifetime OP
>>
sounds more like gamedev than CS

I was in similar situation for an actual CS program @ a uni i will not name, and holy shit there was an entire course dedicated to telling students to be nice to foreign workers and bend over for THEIR customs

jesus what a disaster education has become
>>
>>53250170
It was a college just a few minutes ago wtf?
>>
>>53250117
>>computer science major at super liberal college
>>college

>>53250170
>Hillsbree high school
>high school

Hmm...
>>
>>53250153
Are you joking? Computer's being innovated every thing is a problem for not just future humans but also how people view technology as a whole.

This age is built upon the childish notion that constantly creating "The Next Big Thing" to gain fame and clutter people's lives more. Its fucking retarded how people want technology to be boundless.

The whole point of technology is to make life easier, well how fucking easy do you want it? Men and Women alike are become slaves to the very creations they make for the masses and media.

Stop blaming femtards, and other fucking stupid groups of people for things they have no control over. Its ALL OF US.
>>
>>53250170
>>53250117
How old are you?
>>
>>53250188
>>53250203
>>53250218
>implying that anon is the same as OP and not just an ebin memer
>even though this 4chan plugin is literally stating the comment referencing high school is from a new IP
>>
>>53250156
OP here

its Grinnell College in iowa
>>
>gamedev class
You might be the problem here.
>>
>>53250183
>>53250262

its just an elective im taking for easy credits. It was a mistake though, worst class I have ever enrolled in.
>>
>be argie
>studying geophysics
>student government has a decent amount of power in the school's operation
>they did some nice shit like get physics and geology classes dictated right on our campus for ourselves, so that we don't have to go all the fucking way to the exact science and natural science campuses for clases, which is a real pain in the ass
>throw some parties, for example an end-of-year/holiday barbecue (southern hemisphere) and a barbecue for the school's founding anniversary
>student government is made up so that whoever has the majority gets to do basically anything they want
>"independent" (as in from an actual political group) but extremely left leaning student body group has been incumbent for 8 years

The worst they did was take statues of Newton/Kepler/Laplace/etc. we have on the main building, and dress them in skirts, tube tops and wigs "in support of LGBT rights". They also use completely made up gender-neutral pronouns in the mailing list. Other than that, they organize marches against our new center-right government with the other left-controlled campuses, but they keep that shit mostly out of school and it's pretty easy to filter all that crap out of the mailing lists, though it certainly is a lot.
>>
>>53250117
What exactly is it about the lesson that you object to?
>>
>Paying for anything development related
Top kek

The only successful people I know in any development field starting out freelancing and social networking to get into higher places.

No employer gives two shits about your degree or what school you went to.
>>
>>53250285
easy credits are also the fucking worst
while the work 'required' is easy as fuck, the amount of damage your brain takes due to how fucked up the professors usually are, is definitely not worth it

tbqh I typically take the 'hard' credits, and they're usually a breeze due to professors overcompensating due to the fact so few students actually take them
>>
>>53250322
They do but only on start. If you have +2 years of experience and a good opinion + skill they don't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>53250322
>No employer gives two shits about your degree or what school you went to.
Fresh out of college they do, since that's just about all you've got.
>>
>>53250381
>They do
No they don't. Unless you actually graduated from the top tier in whatever country you're from, your school literally does not matter whatsoever. In fact, you may make someone @ whatever company you're applying to laugh by including your shit school and shit GPA.

Funny unrelated note, I know someone from HR and she regularly tosses out resumes from the school she used to go to. Life's always fair boyz
>>
>>53250247
jesus man, why are you going there? at least go to isu or something, not that awful place.
>>
>>53250685
financial aid is real good here.
thats really the only reason
>>
>>53250719
fair enough, but I'd recommend transferring someplace else that isn't unamiously known as "faggot city" by locals (at least here in SE iowa). don't know the cost of isu as i graduated years ago, but seriously consider it.
>>
>>53250117
maybe you are just a self-centred asshole OP
>>
>>53250117
>Computer science
The field is being flooded, what are you doing
>>
>>53250216
Hush idiot
>>
File: 36e.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
36e.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>53250299
Crucify all of them for that statue shit. Then, rape their families as they watch in agony. Why the fuck would they do that to the pioneers of modern science? Just so they promote their degeneracy? If that's the case, castrate them with a pocket knife and make them drink their own blood. Then tell anyone watching "This is what happens to 'its' that fuck with true progress." Then proceed to bash their skulls in with a brick and put it on public display.
>>
>Go to some shitty college and do a Computing Degree
>Learn various languages
>Class and lectures are taught by someone with a doctorate
>Go to class, silent as fuck people working away at programs
>College is surrounded by IT companies
>90% of graduates walk into a job.
>>
I'm honesty pretty scared I won't get a job from CS, because I don't love programming with all my heart, but I do it anyway.
I'm more interested in physical computers, but that degree will get me even less farther in life.
>>
>>53250152
Game development is actually one of the most difficult areas of software engineering.
>>
>>53251903
just get the degree, you can not not get a job in CS is impossible (unless you are retarded)
>>
>>53250117
I go to a small school (relatively small anyway, still have 15,000 students), which is mainly focused on the arts since it brings in the most money. I'm in the computer science major, which is about 120 students big at any one time, mostly less, and don't have to deal with any of this shit. Makes me glad.

Also, not in the States, so that helps too.
>>
>Have friend that is a computer science major
>Start a Minecraft server for the two of us
>He invites some of his classmates
>They have Deadpool skins and talk about memes

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
You can just walk out?

Shit nigga, everytime shit like this starts, just leave the class and go do your own shit you need to do.

If they single you out and ask why you're leaving all the time when they get fruity, just say that you're hear to learn about the technical aspects of CS and the social side holds no intrest for you.

Hopefully you'll actually be taught some shit at some point though...
>>
>>53250153
Cars are still safe because they're dirty, loud, require skill to operate well, and women can't drive. If you're feeling cucked by your hobby try motorsports and car clubs.
>>
File: sorry_mom.png (725 KB, 960x791) Image search: [Google]
sorry_mom.png
725 KB, 960x791
>>53250117
My first CS class when I started my undergrad was taught by a guy that refused to start a class after 8:30am and would always pepper comments such as "Never trust politicians, I know you kids think Obama is great; but trust me, that man is a fucking liar"

He was a weird guy. He taught intro CS classes, and taught final senior boss-level classes that defined your graduating GPA. The type of classes that if you got a decent grade in it, your interviewer would bring up how he got raped in that class when he was doing his undergrad.
>>
File: 1298527151028.jpg (25 KB, 627x627) Image search: [Google]
1298527151028.jpg
25 KB, 627x627
>>53250117
>make shit up on /g/ about MUH WOMEN MUH SJWs
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>53250117
should have tried harder and not spent all your time shitposting
op is a op
>>
>>53250117
>science major
>at liberal college

you fucked up even before attending classes
>>
>>53254266
op is a faggot
>>
>>53254217
Just like old people and terrorism, SJW is something every uni students and graduate looking for work is worried about. It's quite disheartening to know you're a lower priority due to your skin colour and gender, it feels worse to know someone out there felt self righteous about throwing your resume out. It's as if every achievement you've had is meaningless, because this HR just finished reading a "less white men in STEM" article.

Want to know why we talk about it? Because SJW is the greatest injustice facing the western world (but hey, at least we don't have acid face or adultery stoning...)
>>
that must be an american issue
my college is very libtarded but they don't infect actual engineering degrees, they stay contained in social sciences bullshit like social work and sociology
>>
>>53250117
nigga go write a book, you've got a pretty good imagination
>>
>>53254276
You spend too much time on /g/, because believe it or not that bullshit isn't nearly as prevalent in the real world as you want to think.

You can bring up articles about github or something else all day long, but in the end there are far more normal companies out there that you will never encounter this stupid shit in.

But I suppose everyone here needs something to blame for them not being able to take responsibility for their lives.
>>
>>53250117
I go to an actual university and if that shit were pulled everyone would leave. Some people travel an hour there and back at their own expense - to play games? It's not school where you're forced to go.
>>
>>53250117
>tfw go to small, no-name state school
>don't have to deal with SJW bullshit
>will graduate debt-free

it's pretty nice t bh fa m
>>
>>53250117
From the Tales of /r/ThatHappened.
>>
>>53250225
how the fuck do you tell that a post is from a different IP? It's not a feature in Loadletter's 4chan X...
>>
>>53253922
Don't play vanilla faggot
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.