[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Defeating the Windows 10 botnet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (20 KB, 528x366) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20 KB, 528x366
>wake up
>see this

Checkmate, botnet.

Despying script: http://pastebin.com/raw/2A5hcNau
Peerblock list: http://list.iblocklist.com/lists/bluetack/microsoft
>>
>>53249170
GENTOO
E
N
T
O
O
>>
>>53249170
Isn't that just checking for update and if your OS is up-to-date?
>>
just so you know, a user on reddit found that about 2/3 of those Microsoft ips are syncing your computer's clock and Calenders with their servers to give you the accurate time
>>
>>53249265
And upload your data
>>
>>53249301
1/3 of 2000something is still a fuckload of spying
>>
>>53249170
Not care and carry on with my day.
>>
What the fuck is your point

If you're connected to internet, you're already being monitored. If you block windows updates you let more room for people to fuck with your own security. There's no win for you.
>>
>>53249301
And the other third?
Just saying, if 2/3 of all ips do "boring" stuff does that mean the third part is generic too?

>inb4 refugee debate

You should read a book tho
>>
I love how people who are supposedly concerned about privacy will run scripts from the internet and think nothing of it.
>>
>>53249466
i love how kids like you think scripts are unreadable and malicious by design
>>
>>53249591
I love how kids dont even comb through the code before funning it
>>
>>53249591

Just like you read and understand the Linux kernel source code and know there aren't any NSA backdoors right?
>>
>there are people who bitch about OS privacy while owning a cell phone

This isn't you, is it?
>>
>>53249170
why are you trying to fix an os which is 100% without the shadow of a doubt known to be botnet?
>>
>>53249784
Isn't the Linux kernel one of the most audited software projects in existence?
>>
Get Spybot Anti-Beacon. It actually does everything, without the need for peerblock or scripts. But you can still use peerblock for extra security (just in case MS decides to use direct IPs instead of DNS)
>>
>>53250145
You're literally retarded if you think that SAB completely stops the botnet. It turns off what it can, but there's absolutely no way to stop it all. Every machine with every option and group policy set to stop it is still broadcasting tons of telemetry.
>>
INSTALL

WINDOWS

S E V E N
>>>>>E
>>>>V
>>>E
>>N
>>
if you dont have a local dns forwarder to block the dns queries along with being able to block the static ips directly at your gateway, you are too dumb to even act tough by talking about MUH BOTNET
>>
How do you guys get Windows updates if you block everything?
>>
>>53250343
We don't lol
>>
>>53249301
>Using more than a handful of IP addresses to sync time and calendars
>Acceptable behaviour

Pick one.
>>
>>53250476
>understanding how the internet works
>you

pick one
>>
>>53250539
>having shit memes
pick
>>
>>53249170
>2016
>Caring about botnets

You're a walking botnet, get over it fag.
>>
>>53249301
time.microsoft.com is a botnet
google dns is a botnet
any cloud service is a botnet
>>
>>53249376
You didn't felt the "free" ad in "freedom" didn't you ?
>>
>>53249170
https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
>>
>>53249301
Why not just get an atomic clock and manual set time like a real men
>>
There is an ars technica article about how impossible it is to unspy win10 and how most scripts miss 90% of the traffic
>>
You can't beat hard coded traffic that ignores the host file
>>
>>53250649
You can with a router.
>>
>>53250665
well, going by that you might as well stick to Win7 "just werks" Edition and use said router to prevent attacks when security update support ends.
>>
>>53250587
>tfw 4chan is a botnet
>>
>>53250707
I guess I'll be enjoying games in DX13 while you're still stuck on DX10
>>
Don't listen to OP, just run Windows 10 as it is. It's secure.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.