[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to switch to linux but all the video editors that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 1404_whisker.png (375 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1404_whisker.png
375 KB, 1440x900
I really want to switch to linux but all the video editors that are available are so awful
>>
KDEnlive
>>
try wine or a vm
>>
well yeah, EVERYTHING about linux is awful

the people here posting positive things and posting in desktop threads is all satire, it is all a big troll to get normal people into linux. They don't actually use linux
>>
False. I use OpenShot editor, for example.

sage
>>
>>53247114

You don't use Linux for anything serious.
You use it only because:
a) unixy stuff
b) hacker credit
c) free as in beer
>>
>>53247130
/thread

Now fuck off
>>
there is free editors like kdenlive and openshot and blender and there is proprietary solutions like maya
It really depends on what you want to do
>>
Fedora has a "design suite" spin that I've never used, might have some good stuff.

Otherwise use WINE or run Winblows in a VM.
>>
>>53247586
> video editing in a VM
are you linuxcucks this retarded ?
>>
>>53247637
what is pci passthru
>>
>>53247637
I'm an avid Linux user, and I see this shit, too.

If you don't like the software available to you on Linux, why not just dualboot rather than try to use wine or worse, a VM? Fuuuck that.

Most people bitching about the lack of software are either gamers, or media editors, and honestly, they're correct to do so. The world runs on Windows and consequently some of the best software is written for that OS. Duh.

No use in getting religious about an OS, though. It's just another tool in your arsenal.

But let's all remember one thing:

People hate Windows because it violates your privacy and cucks you every chance it gets.

People hate linux because it's difficult to learn to use.
>>
>>53247811
>dualboot is better than VM
how fucking stupid are you?
>>
OP, do you plan on hosting a webserver or database on your NLE machine? Tha'ts the only thing Linux is used for.
>>
>>53247833
You'll get better performance and that is a fact.
>muh PCI passthrough
Hardware that actually supports that isn't really common.
>>
That is the sad thing about Linux OP. it had some cool software. But it doesn't have good professional software and certain things. I say it's best to dual boot and whenever you need to do what you do or play a game etc. Just boot onto windows. I'm not one ot use a VM or wine. no just no

But Xubuntu is a great pick.
>>
>>53247833
It is you fucking moron.
>>
>>53247114
I hear macs are good for that.
>>
edit in blender
save as lossless
process with ffmpeg
???
profit
>>
ubuntu's useless software manager
>look gang we have this fancy UI
>but you can't find the program you are looking for
>you need to search over the internet and add a ppa
>thank god for ubuntu
>truly a work of an african
>>
Pitivi...do it now
>>
>>53247114
>2016
>not using lightworks, a literal professional video editor used everywhere in industry, available on GNU
>>
>>53247221
When was beer free?
>>
>>53251628
>GNU
>proprietary
>>
>>53251802
>he runs only GNU software on his GNU
lmao cuck
>>
File: 1456672708975.png (205 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1456672708975.png
205 KB, 500x366
>>53251628
>available on GNU
>>
K D E N L I V E
D
E
N
L
I
V
E
>>
File: balmer.jpg (13 KB, 211x197) Image search: [Google]
balmer.jpg
13 KB, 211x197
>>53247128
>try wine or a vm
Or just keep using the superior OS
>>
>>53247586
>Winblows
>calls Windows Winblows
>Suggests the OP use it in a VM
you've gona 101% retard today
>>
>>53251628
>available on GNU
WTF is GNU? You must mean Linux
>>
>>53247114
They really are.
>>53247178
It's shit senpai
>>
>>53252412
>WTF is Windows? You must mean NT
>>
Why is xubuntus logo a rat?
>>
>>53247114
>kdenlive
>>53247221
>You don't use Linux for anything serious.
then why do all the major technology buisnesses (including Microsoft) use linux?
>>
>>53252485
>Windows
It's the marketing name Microsoft uses for their OS
There is no "GNU OS" and there never was
GNU is a set of applications than can and has been replaced, yet the name of that OS is still called "Linux" Even without those certain GNU applications.
You see, this is where the "GNU/Linux" Controversy falls apart.
>>
>>53251799
Sometimes at company promotions you get free food and beer. That's where the saying comes from.
>>
>>53247114
Discard all of these, use Da Vinci Resolve. It's one of the best grading programs out there and now you can also use it as a NLE.
>>
>>53252582
Being ignorant is OK as long as you don't spout your uninformed nonsense all over the thread.
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>53249559
>Blender
>Worst UI since the invention of the computer

Nope.
>>
>>53249615
>sudo apt-get install synaptic is too hard for me.

Avid ubuntu-based distro user here, I've never used the Software Center and usually uninstall it from my machines.
>>
>>53247811
tell 'em, brother
>>
>>53247833
(you)
>>
>>53252639
Says the "GNU" user
Ran out of bullshit to argue with i see
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.