[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to a hackathon in a month and my team has no idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: hackathon.jpg (43 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
hackathon.jpg
43 KB, 530x298
I'm going to a hackathon in a month and my team has no idea what to make. Give me your shitty app idea.
>>
>>53241509
>4chan + openstreet maps
>posts require being tagged on a map
Enjoy being the next moot
>>
A chan viewing app that prevents users posting about Apple products constantly
>>
>>53241509
An app that lets you play with your phone like a Frisbee and then it measures how far you have thrown it.
>>
Mobile tron using GPS
>>
>>53241509
Just ask the company hosting it what they want you to make since you are basically working for them for free.
>>
>>53241509
Make a gps app that takes homosexuals to the nearest mental hospital.
>>
The Uber of MAME arcade machine emulators
>>
help Indian find the nearest toilet app
>>
>>53241764
You mean nearest designated shitting street.
>>
>>53241509
An app that pitches you hackathon app ideas
>>
>>53241509
grindr for heteros. Basically a hookup app. :P
>>
>>53241764
Pretty useless. Use it in india and it's like:
"Nearest loo: 43 miles. Enjoy your poo, pajeet!"
>>
An app that helps college kids and high schoolers figure out what career to get into.
>>
>>53241554
Is this YikYak?
>>
>>53241509
Make Bonr
>>
>>53241509
An application that makes installing debian chroot easier on rooted devices
Lil Debbie and other applications are pretty much dead
>>
Make an app for straight men to find cute local traps.
>>
>>53241847
>:P
nice.
>>
an app that finds the nearest pair of erect nipples
>>
>>53242818
So basically Bonr but for nipples.

Nipplr.
>>
An app for gay people that allows them to put their position on the map to signify that they wish to have sex asap
>>
App that assigns everyone in the room a random color. As the entropy for a particular color decreases, those screens get brighter
>>
>>53241692

Also, in the same vein, an app that lets you stand on your phone and tells you how much you weight + a random number that you're not told
>>
>>53242818

been there done that
>>
http://brianchang.info/2016/02/28/hackathon-be-gone.html
>>
>>53241692
Look at send me to heaven for android
>>
>>53242818
NipAlert
>>
>>53241692
An app that allows you to use your phone to measure the temperature of your bathwater
>>
>>53241509
Dragon dildo social networking site.
>>
Best thread right now tbf
>>
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11193335

hackathon should be gone..
>>
>>53241509
Mess with canbus.
>>
An app that will check to see if your phone is using any non free software. Include a buy-in feature that will replace every instance of Linux with GNU/Linux.
>>
might check out a hackathon, just for some free shit.

doesn't look like you can win if you don't have some shit already to go.
>>
A game using the accelerometer in your phone. You get points from rapid accelerations + decelerations. Get people to start throwing their phones in the air.
>>
>>53248229
Breddy gud tdh
>>
Infect all the other teams with rootkits and trojans but fail the main event. Pretend to be stupid/retarded and get last place on purpose. They will have forgotten you by the next day.

Then, sell all their PCs to a Russian botnet cluster for bitcoins.
>>
>>53248229
>>53250004
it exists. Don't remember the title tho
>>
>>53250034
Do this. Infect all those silicon start up losers.
>>
>>53241509
An app that measures the total number of trigger words in a conversation
>>
>>53241509
An app that calculates how much weed do you need to get Astral Projection going.
Bonus points for a "dealers near you" option.
Even more bonus points for a strand library and strand effects.
>>
>hackathon

lmao
You can only trick the socially inept betas to work a for free.
>>
>>53241509
Social app that stores your dick/vag measurements and allows you people near you to check your stats.
>>
An app that allows you to take a picture of someone and shows you their privilege.
>>
make an app where people can trade drugs with via tor network. I guarantee you wont end up with life in prison if you do it.
>>
>>53250231
over 9,000 for cis whitescum
>>
Open up a bunch of ports and turn the traffic into a fish tank of sorts. Give an approx location of the offending ip port sniffing and their actions once you they find the open port.
>>
Make an app that uses gps and muslim populations in that area to determine which areas are prone to have terrorist activity.
>>
>>53250323
Or what areas to avoid at night.
>>
>>53250231
Simplest way would be to use facial recognition and then get the skin color around the eyes/mouth
>>
>>53250356
This

>safeGPS, or some other shitty name
>regular GPS but avoids shady areas with high crime reports or large amounts of poverty (unless it can't be avoided easily or is destination)

I would use it.
>>
i'd like a util for finding unsecured wifi.

just leave on the wifi module and walk/drive around town and it finds them and makes a map for you, maybe even a public map so everyone can benefit from bad security/honeypots.
>>
Fizzbuzz with responsive web design and social media integration.
>>
An app that works with a chip that's installed in a harness around your child. Every time they stray too far radio waves flood them until they're sent to their knees in agony or they run back within their designated area.

The new Twitter - Haiku. Only haikus allowed. Have fun arguing for social change in elegant structure.

An app that pings all other phones like an Amber alert, only it's to tell them to shut their phones off in the movie theater.

SassBlast - An app that contacts the nearest older black female to hypeman when you're about to lay down some heat.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.