[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
windows 10 worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Windows-10-logo.jpg (42 KB, 645x484) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-logo.jpg
42 KB, 645x484
should I upgrade my windows 8 to w10?
>>
>>53210308
No.
>>
Yes.
>>
Maybe.
>>
Who knows?
>>
>>53210484
OP doesnt
>>
Windows 10 is basically 7 with a more modern look. I have been using it for 2 months now, no problem, it is a lot snappier than 7 though
>>
File: 12334437457.png (662 KB, 519x674) Image search: [Google]
12334437457.png
662 KB, 519x674
>>53210518
>snappier
>>
>>53210308
hijacking thread

>built a rig for my little bro
>decided to install Windows 10 on it to mess around with it and see what all the hype/hate was about
>forgot that shit like Cortana and tons of other privacy settings were a huge concern for not just /g/,but everyone else

What changes need to be made to have Windows 10 become /g/ approved?
>>
>>53210781
>find a new way to monetize the OS
>No bullshit "analytic data" being sent to 8,000 Microshit IP addresses.
>Don't track every keystroke I fucking keystroke I make
>Stop scanning every corner of my fucking drives.
>Remove any and all tracking whatsoever
>>
>>53210781
Uninstall windows 10.
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>53210781
You literally can't change anything to make it /g/ approved. Any changes made are either automatically undone or inaccessible to the normal user.

DO NOT
I repeat DO NOT
Listen to any of the people claiming any "debotnet" scripts or programs work. They don't do shit. They certainly make you think they do, but they don't. Don't use W10.
>>
>>53210844
I apologize for the autistic typing in the third line...
>>
>>53210308
Why are idiots still asking this question despite the many months of constant warnings against Windows 10 since its release? Do you live under a fucking rock? Why can't you make a fucking decision for yourself?
>>
>>53210899
so...
is it a yes or a no?
>>
I've been using it since release and its flawless, not one have I been given a prompt to upgrade and not once have I been forced to shutdown/restart.

>b-b-but botnet

No. The chance that some dorky intern will take the time out of their day to personally look at each and every one of your files and keystrokes is ridiculously low. I'm talking less than one in a billionth. Ignore the Lincucks that cant afford it and the applels that don't know shit about tech. Only thing I don't like about it is the new web/file search bar beside the start menu, but I've gotten used to it. Its a yes from me.
>>
>>53212641
LOL USING BOTNET
>>
>>53210308

Yes, you should. It's better, really.
But you must also dual boot it with you preferred Linux distribution, apart from Ubuntu.
So you can still play games and use Windows only decent software but all the rest you should do it on Linux, so you won't be part of the botnet, which I assure you is not a meme.
>>
>>53210308
Yes
>>
>>53210308
Poo in the loo Parjeet
>>
>>53212641
I find it ridiculous you don't oppose the massive data collecting. Sure they won't look at it individually, but they collect it anyways, big data is a thing that can be sold for very high prices. Also, having your keystrokes recorded, being sent over the internet and having it stored in massive is not very safe if you consider that hackers would be able to leak them, this could potentially mean your bank account info or other passwords. They also can sell data to third parties and screen your data to offer specific ads in your os, e.g. lock screen, start menu, etc.
>>
I'm using Vista, where do I download W10 from? Just search for a torrent? Is there a free legal way?
>>
>>53210308
If you like ads on lockscreen - yes.
>>
Downgrade to 7.
>>
>>53210308
If you want kind off fast OS and be on the new stuff. Yes
If you want to hide all your stuff and be like someone is watching you every single time. No
>>
>>53210308
Stick with 8. Better than 7 except for the start screen (which many people on /g/ still think is the actual desktop. no fucking kidding)
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Windows 10
>>
If you do go for enterprise. no cortana ads etc,

even thought it says cortana is runinng... it's not. i don't get that one heh
>>
File: 1456548667769.png (13 KB, 502x577) Image search: [Google]
1456548667769.png
13 KB, 502x577
>>53210308
>upgrade
>>
>>53210308
No point. 8 despite its shit interface had some advantages, so a install of classic shell later was a better OS than 7.

10 offers lower compatibility and a better interface...which you can already have with classic shell.

So unless you have a hard on for voice search its pretty pointless.
>>
>>53215209
me and my mates are happy with it.

Too many paranoid people on /g/...
>>
>>53212641
this
I have nothing to hide anyway
>>
Is it serious that windows 10 can record things from webcam/mic?
>>
>>53214913
I agree. Windows 7 is much more user friendly and will last much longer than Microsoft wants you to think. There's a good chance that a lot of people will not make the change, or even downgrade.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.