[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things you like will trigger /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
I actually use ElementaryOS and I like it.
>>
I think Unity is the best Linux DE, by a wide margin.
>>
>>53208996
there is literally nothing wrong with arch linux
i use it on every computer i own, including a production server and nothing has ever happened to them in 4 years of this
it's usually an error in your thinking, not the os
>>
>>53209028
Indeed The Arch Wiky lacks one iota of a mistake and is meticulous in its documentation. Literal perfection.

Another reason to use Arch.
"Keep It Simple Stupid"
KISS philosophy, at its finest.
Can you believe people still have the audacity to claim inferiority to other distros?
>>
I don't seem to mind GNOME 3, and hate tiling WMs.
>>
File: 0d23b03a0.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
0d23b03a0.png
487 KB, 900x900
>>53208996
>16:9
>dock on the bottom wasting vertical space
>>
I like windows 8.1
>>
>>53209473
I liked win8 more than win8.1. And I liked win8.1 more than win10.
>>
>What have you got to hide anon?
>>
>>53208996
I hope pantheon gets more dev work than fucking GNOME
>>
I enjoy using Windows 10.
I also loved 8.1 and it pulled me away from Linux after using it as my only OS for 8 years.
>>
I really don't care about free software, if it works it's ok.
>>
>>53209028
>there is literally nothing wrong with arch linux
Who said there is ITT, faggot? Archnigger myself
>>
>>53209077
if you're being sarcastic, i never claimed this
the arch wiki has it's fair share of mistakes
but for a community managed distro, the documentation is fucking superb dude
>>
Mint 17.3 cinnamon is probably the best operating system ever written. If it could just implement directx or if there was some way to play the games I like I wouldnt have to install windows. I totally love mint 17.3. In terms of stability, speed, and usability it is absolutely THE BEST

You're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than any operating system
I've ever met
I'm stuck on your cinnamon
I hang on every word you say
Tear us apart
Baby, I would rather be dead
>>
File: 1417919358933.png (439 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1417919358933.png
439 KB, 1280x960
if you use Linux for your privacy you're retarded.
if you use Windows and try to disable the privacy spying, you are retarded and should kill yourself
if you go out of your way to use open source software for literally everything, kill yourself.
>>
Apple's Magic Mouse 2 is the best mouse I've ever owned. It looks gorgeous sitting on a table, it feels great in my hand, and it lasts almost two months before I have to plug it in while I go to sleep one night.
>>
>>53209699
If you use birth control pills as a contraceptive you are retarded.
If you use condoms as a contraceptive you are retarded and should kill yourself
If you go out of your way to use contraception for literally everything, kill yourself
>>
>Unironically like Fedora, daily driver in my laptop
>Only Windows 10 on the gaming PC
>Vidyagaems
>Non rooted stock LG G4
>>
>>53209760
does it make your cock hard and your balls ache?
>>
>>53209764
yeah I don't know what contraceptive is but I think your relation is fucking stupid already.
looks like I triggered you didn't I?
>>
>>53209004
I'm with you there
>>
>>53209832
>I like being shagged up the arse by a Turkish goat herder who smells of cheap wine and cigarettes and has only 5 teeth left
>>
>>53209850
No, I triggered you, I love trolling people who know nothing
>>
>>53209850
>i don't know what contraceptive is
You must be 18 to use this website, faggot.
>>
>>53209874
yeah well your response wasn't even right anyways. all 3 of my comments didn't relate to each other. yours did
>>
>>53209672
Unironically cucked itself and it's own users into botnet status
>>
>>53208996
>Things you like will trigger /g/
NIGGERS ! I love niggers
>>
>>53209929
Terry, pls. Take your cia shit somewhere else
>>
my daily driver desktop is a mac mini

I develop java for a living

I dont play video games
>>
I like ms office ribbon ui over libre office and prefer photoshop over gimp
>>
>>53209609
I agree and currently use it. I just thought we were supposed to say things in this thread that upset the /g/. I misunderstood?
>>
>>53209377

I'm using KDE and I almost always have two windows open, one on the left and one on the right, it just works better with the taskbar on the bottom.
>>
Windows 10 is the best version of WIndows to come out.
>>
>>53208996
I use php from everything from scripts to apps webpages its an amazing language

I enjoy citizen watches

My sony a6000 is the best camera ive ever used
>>
>>53209905
BUTTHURT.COM
>>>>>> that way
>>
>>53209004
Yeah I can see that. With a few extra options it could be perfect. I also like GNOME Shell but it needs some official ownership of a few widely used extensions so they never break on update.
>>
>>53209878
Or maybe he's just a kissless neckbearded virgin like everyone else on /g/
>>
>>53209869
Yep, you look assblasted, son.
>>
Everyone who uses Linux professionally, or in any other serious quantity, has Gnome2/3 or MATE as their DE. Any distro besides CentOS or Debian is pointless.

Riced desktops and tiling WMs are for kids who watched some youtube tutorials on installing Arch and don't understand what they're actually doing. All of these systems you see in desktop threads are probably broken.

All other DE's (KDE, Cinnamon, Unity, Pantheon) are for "Windows-replacement" distros. Only first year kids majoring in CS or something use this shit on their dual-booted gaming PC.
>>
>>53208996
I dual boot arch and win10, I use an iPhone 6S and believe it is the best phone out there right now, at least for me.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.