[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normies are out in full force to defend the fbi and demand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
>normies are out in full force to defend the fbi and demand a backdoor into "this one" phone
>normies have no fucking clue about anything regarding encryption, security, data, etc or how fucking dangerous their retarded ideas are
>normies still think their opinion is worth anything despite them clearly not knowing anything and suggesting the wildest idiotic shit that shows they don't know what they're talking about

>mfw people are literally trying to destroy decades of technological progress in their complete ignorance

Hold me /g/, the future looks fucking scary when you're surrounded by these idiots
>>
File: 1450923459817.jpg (36 KB, 517x487) Image search: [Google]
1450923459817.jpg
36 KB, 517x487
fucking normies
>>
OP, so I can not be ignorant, can you please tell me what it is, specifically, you're addressing? What's so dangerous about backdooring a phone or defending the fbi and how does the contribute to the degeneration of our technological progress?
>>
>>53201324
Fucking hell do I even have to explain it? Get off of /g/ if you don't even understand encryption basics like how backdoors don't care who uses them or how they got to them, or the avalanche effect such a security hole can have on the rest of the system regardless of the backdoor being used or not.

Also this shit is way too extensive a subject to just explain it to you. You're gonna have to do a lot of reading, experimenting and thinking, anon.
>>
>>53201210
Not normies, drones, they are fucking drones.
>>
im assuming that if the fbi gave any company a warrant to open up source code or schematics of their hardware than the company has to legally do it.
apple wouldn't even be the first company to do it.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ibm-allows-chinese-government-to-review-source-code-1444989039
>>
>>53201628
normies are drones

What the fuck are you smoking. We need a non-normie president and have him order all the normies to be gassed. Fucking normie niggers.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
One thing that confuses me about this: isn't the FBI asking Apple to do the impossible? I thought standard encryption methods required quantum computers to be economically feasible to crack. Is there already an apple exclusive back door in the iPhone that the FBI is just wanting access too, or is the FBI literally trying to get Apple to bypass it change the fact that p=\=np for encryption right now?
>>
>>53202134
They want Apple to remove safeguards to prevent brute force attacks.
Passcodes are usually 4 digits of 10 numbers, so won't take much to break if they can go at it full force.
>>
>>53202134
FBI wants an alternative door to the safe.

Imagine the world's strongest safe. Imagine if someone had access to the safe without having to go through all the security that the main lock asks you. Yea.
>>
I hate how these fuckers don't realize that if a backdoor is made hackers WILL look for it and they WILL find it.
>>
>>53202189
That explains a lot, thanks. This whole thing is actually turning me, a mac hater into a potential iPhone buyer. Is there any other phone company currently butt flustering the ABC organizations as much as Apple?
>>
>>53202134
After some number of attempts, Apple phones erase themselves.

And that's after they make you wait between attempts. So the FBI could spent a full day testing only a handful of pins only to have the phone erase all data.
>>
>>53201210
>>normies still think their opinion is worth anything
The 21st century problem.

Uneducated, intellectually lazy, uninformed and feels overly emotional on the issue, absolutely zero impartiality and absolutely zero evidence to believe anything, yet they'll cry havoc if you even let slip that they're even wrong let alone that their opinion wouldn't matter anyway.

Why? Because suddenly reality became a democracy instead of just the way shit is.
>>
>>53202315
well not if you dump the state before you start trying and reload as needed which is likely what mcafee would have done. What they're really after is an excuse
>>
File: 1266126008249.jpg (68 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1266126008249.jpg
68 KB, 305x196
>/g/ keeps talking about encryption and backdoors when the FBI only wants to ability to brute force the password, which has no guarantee of working within our lifetime
>>
>>53201210
Its only one phone Apple and Op
stop freaking out about "youre gonna bring the whole system down arrrggh"
Its LITERALLY one phone Pajeet
>>
>>53201210
>Apple confirmed for traitors who support terrorism
is anyone surprised?
is anyone going to poo in loo?
no
>>
>>53202219
its more like if a safe company built a safe that a user created physical key and an electronic keypad.
and that keypad had anti-brute-force technology.
80ms gap between the first couple of mistakes
then a couple of minutes
and then a couple of hours.
but the company had a way to gain access to the software code for the keypad. *cough* DFU *cough*
the FBI has a warrant for the company to gain access to the keypad software and demands that they re-write the code and disable the security measures.
the FBI didnt ask the safe company to create a physical key that would match the customers key.

>fbi is forcing a company to create something totally brand new...IOS NSA approved edition 2016.
nope.
just like software and video games have demos. the demos are just gimped versions of the full retail version.
go into apple IOS source code and delete the anti-intrusion parts. that is all.
>>
Here is a thought, once this is done and it is possible what is stopping China or Russia demanding the same thing ?

People talk about national security, but these backdoors and shit don't know borders and will be abused by other governments not just the US.

We shouldn't weaken security for everyone, just for one case or any number of cases, and we need to stop wrapping things up with "terrorism".
>>
File: 1456388816905.jpg (264 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456388816905.jpg
264 KB, 1080x1080
>>53201257
go away
>>
>>53201210
Did the manga start again?
>>
>>53201210
>>53201324
>>53201433
>op criticising people for not knowing the consequences of a backdoor
>someone asks op for the consequences of a backdoor
>op tells him to get lost and doesn't even tell him the consequences of a backdoor

You're doing a great job op
>>
>>53202818
this is right, but if apple agrees to turn off the self-destruct feature or w/e to allow brute force, why not just save the FBI some time and go all the way and unlock?
>>
>>53206981
This. I'm a normie and visit /g/ to educate myself on those important subjects, find some good entry level points for further googling etc, but OPs like this are just worthless. I'd dislike this thread if I could.
>>
>>53207071
>FBI is making a reasonable request, but I'm going to compare it to something outlandish and phrase it as a rhetorical question
>>
>>53203988
Yeah, but it's on hiatus again until Summer.
>>
>>53207088
The fact you're in /g/ trying to learn anything is sad. You do realize that the second level domain to this website is 4chan.. The asshole of the internet. You will learn that you are a normie nigger faggot. That's about it. Dislike is for facebook and youtube. Go there.
>>
>>53207071
Because government supercomputers could break through with brute force in roughly 24hours... Not that long of a time. Btw the government totally already had quantum computers. They're just experimenting with their effects and security flaws were they to use them on the internet.
>>
>>53208362
Has*
>>
>>53208349
How does the bait taste?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.