[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SAMSHIT FANS ON SUICIDE WATCH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: no-samsung.serendipityThumb.jpg (34 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
no-samsung.serendipityThumb.jpg
34 KB, 220x220
Where you been when samshit cucked its fans?

1-
>Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will get carrier locks to the first inserted SIM
http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s7_and_s7_edge_will_get_carrier_locks_to_the_first_inserted_sim_-news-16902.php

2-
>Galaxy S7 won’t support Android 6.0’s adoptable storage
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/02/the-lg-g5-and-galaxy-s7-wont-support-android-6-0s-adoptable-storage/

If you don't know this feature, it simply is android 6.0 added an adoptable storage feature, which allows you to format a microSD card as internal storage. Android will then merge the microSD card and internal storage into a single storage pool, allowing you to seamlessly install as many apps as you want, or load it with media.

3-
>Getting a little bit enhanced galaxy S6 for 800$
Good goy

4-
All samshits usuals (touchjizz, lags, slow updates, region lock, 2.8/3 RAM only usable, etc.)

SAMSHIT FANS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: cant wake up.jpg (18 KB, 203x186) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up.jpg
18 KB, 203x186
>>53179665
>cucked
>>
>This also means lots of carriers that weren't locking their Samsung smartphones because of all the hassle, now will do it.
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
From what I remember it is illegal for a phone to be locked to a provider in a lot of places.
>>
>>53179729
Not on the a shit hole 3rd world country called USA
>>
Meanwhile I'm just sitting here with my Note 'Is that a tablet?' 4, enjoying Samsung's best smart phone.
>>
Meanwhile I use my HTC M8 with android 6.0 after 2 years, and an adoptable storage feature gave me of (128+16) GB total storage.
feelsgoodman.png
>>
I'll never "upgrade" from my S4
>>
File: 1356824987837.gif (534 KB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
1356824987837.gif
534 KB, 533x300
>>53179866
mah htc one m8 nigga

This phone is fucking good.
>>
>>53179665
I knew that the moment I found that S3 neo won't support lollipop, even if it's a fucking mid 2014 phone.
>>
>Galaxy S7 won’t support Android 6.0’s adoptable storage

I don't get why this is a problem. I use a 16GB M8 at the moment, and have only just in the past few months struggled with space after about 2 years, and I could fix that if I weren't so lazy and went through all my apps to purge the unused ones.

I use it exactly as I do my desktop PC - phone storage (or SSD) for all my apps, and microsd (HDDs) for all my media. Why would I want to lose all my media if I ever have to factory reset, or have my phone freak out when it's unplugged?

Considering most phones nowadays have a 32GB on board storage minimum option, that's more than enough for a shitton of apps and download a few huge maps or whatever, leaving your microsd partitioned for everything else. I don't see how combining the storage helps other than "wow now I can download even more apps and download even more maps which I'll look at once every 2 years".
>>
>>53179665
I thought it was official that samsung is milking the cow dry since S2
Sony z5c all the way
>>
>>53179930
>Considering most phones nowadays have a 32GB on board storage minimum option, that's more than enough for a shitton of apps and download a few huge maps or whatever, leaving your microsd partitioned for everything else. I don't see how combining the storage helps other than "wow now I can download even more apps and download even more maps which I'll look at once every 2 years".
Yeah, who the fuck cares if it can't add the mSD storage to the internal partition? The internal UFS memory is SO much faster that you wouldn't want to anyway. Just keep it separate and organize it yourself.
>>
>>53179959
microSSD when
>>
>>53179665
Samsung have come out saying adoptable storage is literally for poor people (emerging markets) and isn't needed on flagship tier devices, also idiots will probably lose data when android formats their sd cards for free.
>>
>>53179930
>>53179959
>>53180157
Samshit fans at full damage control
>yeah who need that feature
>yeah that feature suck anyway
>this isn't useful anyway
>>
>Don't panic! This doesn't concern the SIM-free and carrier unlocked models.

>2016
>not buying unlocked phones
>still falling for the contract jew

top kike
>>
>>53180392

Can you name the advantages other than "more apps"?
>>
>>53179928
My sister phone is note 3 and it is obsolete in the term of updates, not even the security ones.
>>
>>53180404
See >>53179698
Soon will be no phone unlocked if every manufacture will adopt this.
>>
>>53180411
You don't have to worry about managing what's in your SD card and what's in your internal memory
>>
>>53179866
My nigger
>>
>>53180490

That's the fucking dumbest "worry" I've ever heard. My apps are on my phone. My media is on my microSD. If I want more apps, I'll see if there are any unused apps first. If I want to listen to another album, I'll see if there are any I don't listen to and replace it.

If I adopt the microSD, the microSD is slower than the internal storage and will bottleneck the performance, and then you'll have retards who adopt class 4 cheapo cards and they'll be stuck with a pile of shit.

Not to mention you can't use that microSD card to quickly swap into other devices once you've merged.
>>
File: 1456068915579.png (289 KB, 514x424) Image search: [Google]
1456068915579.png
289 KB, 514x424
>Buying a carrer locked, region locked "portable" device
>Getting cucked hardcore on storage space
>Dealing with TouchJizz

Samcucks are truly the Windows 10 users of smartphones.
>>
>>53180756
>microSD is slower than the internal storage and will bottleneck the performance

Don't forget Andorid is encrypting the cards as well which makes them EVEN FUCKING SLOWER
>>
>>53180845
They could compromise and only allow Samsung brand MicroSD cards to work. This could also help cut out the market on fake Samsung MicroSDs which claim to have more storage than they actually have.
>>
>>53180869
>They could compromise and only allow Samsung brand MicroSD cards to work
>literally asking for the biggest shitstorm ever

Best way to do this: when a user puts a new card in it, run a speed test. If it's too slow, put up a permanent notification about it being a shit card.
>>
>>53179665
>Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will get carrier locks to the first inserted SIM
Too bad that's illegal in Europe.
Lol murika
>>
>>53180912
Too bad we're getting cucked by receiving the Exynos S7.
>>
>>53180869

Oh boy, proprietary storage! Please share more brilliant ideas of yours!
>>
>>53180935
>buying jewish smartphones
hahahaha, nice meme my friend. Can I save it?
>>
>>53180756
>hurr durr no need for more aditional space
geez, who else say that? oh yeah, bill gates when he say a floppy disk is more than enough.
and if more space not needed, then why all the flagship in this year double the storage of last year storage?
there is never something as "enough space"
>>
>>53180756
>Retards will misuse that feature and blame the manufacturer, so nobody should have it

"computers for the rest of us" was a GREAT idea.
>>
>all smartphones are the same shit but dumbfucks will blame one single company for representing their massive failure
It's over, /g/. Your little toys are dead.
>>
>>53179665
op has no idea that samsung not only makes smartphones but much more. tanks.cars.burj khalifa.
>>
>>53181034

The point wasn't people don't need more storage. The point was merging the microSD and internal storage is a dumb feature which has more disadvantages than advantages.
>>
>wont support unified storage

Good i dont fucking want that shit i aant my sd card to be seperate
>>
>>53181074
>smartphones
>massive failure

You are fucking dilusional if you think smartphones failed
>>
>>53179665
Don't you mean Samshit /g/tards on Suicide Watch?

You know normies will fucking eat this up the same way when Apple release a new iPhone,.
They don't care about what the tinfoil community say, all they care about is the market with the most amount of people who they can exploit easily and quickly.
>>
>>53181892
The first one makes it easier for more carriers to carry their phones and the second is just common fucking sense i dont fucking want my sd card to be read as part of the main storage
>>
>>53179665
None of this matters. Just get an unlocked phone from the start and you're good, and adoptable storage was a bad idea when Windows Phone did it and it's a bad idea now so stop bitching.
>>
>>53181785
>>53181938
Holy shit, /g/ is really full of retards!
The feature (like any other one) is optional, like in nexus, HTC and maybe LG, if you're autistic,you can keep it disabled, BUT you still have the option to enable which is not the case here in sadsong.
>>
>>53182011
I dont want the feature in the first place and clealr sumsung is smart enough to know others wont either
>>
>>53179729
Not illegal in Germany as well
>>
File: dickbut.png (252 KB, 1236x1500) Image search: [Google]
dickbut.png
252 KB, 1236x1500
h8 me r8 me p8 pee
>>
>>53182011
You've gotta remember that Samsung must be compelling to the absolute lowest common denominator. They're forced to keep things piss-simple cause that is their user base en masse. So much so that the more savvy user is stuck with a locked up phone. Samsung sell SO many devices that doing legit customer service is beyond them so it forced their hand.
>>
>>53179665
Does Samsung want LG to win? Jesus.
>>
>>53179665
>adoptable storage
Does it also improve performance like raid0?
>>
>>53182138
Is this why i cant change to a custom notification sound
>>
>>53179665
that storage thing is fucking bollocks, even my 2 year old one M8 got that with the 6.0 update.
>>
File: pTJEaej.jpg (144 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
pTJEaej.jpg
144 KB, 960x640
>>53179665
Mfw I just bought an S7 Edge, upgraded from note3 because I want to checkout Vr and
>I like touchjizz
>Im using the same sim since 3 years
>never needed adoptable storage on my note 3
>never update anyway
>never had lags
>>
>>53182161
No it's a spanned volume

>actually wanting to stripe a phones internal flash with some shitty 12mb/s microsd

Pls don't work for google
>>
>>53182089
>>53182267
B8/shills, take your poisons guys.
>>
>>53182296
not striped, as you can't use the internal storage with an SD formated as internal, it just makes an SD card look as internal to applications, just a shame it's OS level not bootloader, as it fucks up swapping ROMs.
>>
>>53182347
I was actually making fun of the idea of striping internal SD with a microsd but I guess it didn't come across well.
>>
>buying new phones

Who note3 master race here?
>>
>>53179930
>>53179959
>>53180157
>>53180756
>>53180895
>>53181369
>>53181785
>>53181938
>>53182138
>>53182347
>>53182447

Comparing interface speeds isn't particularly helpful. Just because your device has a UFS 2.0 interface doesn't mean its going to give you 5.8Gb/s speeds. For example, the UFS 2.0 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ has around 350MB/s sequential reads and 20MB/s random writes. A recently announced Sandisk MicroSD card can do 275MB/s reads. and 2014 devices barely reach 20MB/s which is almost equal to 20$ sanddisk card.

>http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-storage-performance-test/
>http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-storage-speed-comparison-which-phone-has-the-fastest-IO-performance_id65588

With Adoptable Storage you choose which apps would be on the SD card anyway, so even if it were enabled you can still store most or all apps on the internal fast UFS 2.0 storage. At least with adoptable storage you have the option to move apps to the SD card.

That said, generally the internal storage will be faster than a MicroSD card but that still doesn't mean that Adoptable storage will slow down the UFS 2.0 internal storage. Adoptable storage means that you *choose* what if anything you want to put on the SD card. It gives you the best of both worlds with the only real disadvantage being that you can't hotplug SD cards anymore.
>>
>>53179665
Did you even read the article? Fuckin clickbait piece of shit

>With adoptable storage, first of all the card may be erased the first time it is inserted into the device. This behavior may be unexpected by many users and we don’t want our users to lose their files. Second, once Marshmallow starts using a card for adoptable storage, it cannot be read by other devices, so it loses this ability to be used for file transfer
>>
>>53182654
for eMMC based phones it's a very cheap way to boost storage capacity which is great, but like you said with UFS2.0 based phones it'd probably result in normies whining their phone is slow and should have gotten an iphone,
>>
>>53182683
lame ass excuses:

>This behavior may be unexpected by many users and we don’t want our users to lose their files
Like .. you know... any fucking 'behavior' you do in your smartphone, you may erase anything.

> it cannot be read by other devices, so it loses this ability to be used for file transfer
Really? I never used the card to"transfer" files since my nokia phones, If I want to transfer something I just plug the cable, the card only used to expand the storage for whatever needed.
>>
>>53182594
I have an S5 running a snapdragon 801 and it's fast as fuck still, same with my snapdragon 800 samshit tablet.

A decent jump in battery life might convince me.
>>
>>53182838

>Like .. you know... any fucking 'behavior' you do in your smartphone, you may erase anything.

A. Do you think normies are going to know this? Half the fucks walking around in america couldn't tell you the name of another country that startts with the letter M. They sure as hell wont know about this.

And besides, i have no clue what you're talking about. There are loads of behaviours i can have for a phone that wont erase anything, such as: Downloading apps, calling, texting, or - surprise- sticking in a microsd into say, a an old s3.

>Really? I never used the card to"transfer" files since my nokia phones, If I want to transfer something I just plug the cable, the card only used to expand the storage for whatever needed.

Well congrats you dont, other people might; people such as, photographers.
>>
>>53179866
Mah nigga
>>
>>53179665
For that reason Android sucks,because of the manufacturers.
The encryption implemented since 2011 and the full disk encryption rolled out with lollipop, even so , some manufacturers chose to disable that option and sacrifice the user privacy and didn't give the option to choose whether to make full disk encryption or no.
In marshmallow, it is mandatory but that only 1.5+% of all Android devices.
>>
>>53179866
Enjoy your 8 inches of bezel.
>>
>>53184453
Indeed i am enjoying them, thanks.
>>
>>53179816
It's not that big. Sent from my note 4.
>>
>>53179665

Heh heh, ShitDung btfo.
>>
>>53179866
M8 here as well
>>
>>53179729

EU requires you offer an unlocked version.
>>
>>53179766
Yes it is. If your want your phone to be put on another carrier, your current carrier has to unlock it.
>>
>>53179665
>apple fag thread, /g triggers so easily
kek
>>
OY VEY ....
i'm planning to buy one
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.