[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain this crap to me? The innovation of modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: twitch_logo3.jpg (13 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
twitch_logo3.jpg
13 KB, 262x200
Can someone explain this crap to me?
The innovation of modern times allows us to watch videos anytime we want, and now people start to get back to television like broadcasting on arbitrary time slots?
>>
Fan interaction, live events, camwhoring and money.
There's also an option to save past broadcasts and export them to YouTube.
>>
>>53153414

Live Counter Strike/whateveresportyoulike matches.
>>
File: Ohwow.jpg (36 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
Ohwow.jpg
36 KB, 562x437
>>53153719
>e sports
>e
>""""""""""sports""""""""""
>>
>>53153719
E-sport is a sport.

Chess are too.
>>
>>53153454
>Fan interaction
Twitch's delay is far too shitty to allow for proper fan interaction.
>>
>>53153414
If you want to interact with the person. However if you are not around then you can watch a recording of a past show.
>>
>>53153414
Stupid people wasting their time watching others play videogames while they could be playing videogames themselves.
>>
>>53153772
No

Chess are for nerd fags and gaymes are of manchildren

Learn to rice arch and watch animu
>>
> not having a twitch-fu
>>
>>53153755
Fuck off grandpa.

>>53153772
More like racing cars or something. It's usually about reactions and responses rather than consistent exertion like in traditional sports. Whereas chess is a board game and has none of those things.
>>
File: 1456060223161.webm (2 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1456060223161.webm
2 MB, 720x720
>>53153867
Jesus Christ how cucked can you be?
I bet you also donate thousands of dollars every month to some Twitch whore and masturbate to her saying your name once and instantly forgetting about you again.
>>
>>53153840

Actually i rice arch and watch animu
>>
>>53153959
considering amount of people who do that, what are the chances that there aren't several of them on this very chan?
>>
some people want to watch game tourneys live. I know you can watch the VOD, but it is not as suspenseful and there is a good chance the result will be spoiled for you.
twitch chat is cancer and CSGO has some of the worst delays.
>>
>>53153811
Some of us can't play said video games cause we are poorfags who don't have consoles.
>>
>>53153811
Stupid people wasting their time watching others play real sports while they could be playing real sports themselves.
>>
>>53153811
It gets boring after 20 thousand hours of playing
>>
>>53153959
I wish I was female goddamn.
>>
>>53153755
laugh your tits off or not, that's the name and they're here to stay
>>
Stupid question incoming

Twitch chat is an IRC channel, right? Doesn't that mean that you can see everyone's IPs?
>>
>>53153784
Wow a whole 10 seconds
>>
>>53154154
It's never too late
>buckle up buckaroos
>>
I do a moderate amount of streaming myself and I've noticed that pulls in more for voewers than most sub 5000 gaming channels on YouTube. Ot's most likely going to turn out to be a fab and die out with cable television.
>>
>>53154170
Not that guy and I agree with you re: e-sports but you type like a big nerd fag lmao
>>
>>53154214
It kind of is. 27 is too old for really successful hormone therapy.
>>
>>53153811
I can't play games (old computer) but I never brought myself so low as to watch another person play them.

>something suddenly kills you outta nowhere
>HOO-HA-HA-HAHAHAHAHa-WEW WEW WEEEW
>THAT WAS FUCKING SCARYYYY!!!!!!
>spend a solid minute "calming" yourself down while you're laying down on your YUUUGE breasts, making 99% of the viewers pop a boner and send you money
>>
>>53153414
god i fucking hate twitch streamers, their ugly face takes up 1/3rd of the screen and donation/sponsors the rest and their cancerous unfunny *le kappa meme xdd
>>
>>53154189
IRC servers don't usually make user's IP addresses visible.
>>
>>53153414
>arbitary time slots
You can watch twitch any time you want. There is always someone streaming there.
>>
>>53154214
>trans freaks
>females
>respected in society

Lol
>>
>>53154198
that's pretty long
>>
>>53154198
have you tried holding a phone call with 10 seconds of lag?
>>
File: 1452358560430.gif (1 MB, 303x307) Image search: [Google]
1452358560430.gif
1 MB, 303x307
>>53154677
>females
>respected in society
>>
>>>/v/
>>
Starcraft.

Also discovering good games you would have otherwise never heard of because you aren't a /v/edditor and don't live on Steam.
>>
Attention seeking 12 year olds who want internet celebrities to shout out their names
>>
Speedruns are fun to watch
>>
>>53153755
Yeah, I think the name should be changed to eletronic athletics
>>
>>53154198
10 fucking seconds if you're LUCKY dude and even then it's terrible
Imagine talking to someone and having to wait 10 seconds every fucking time like some other guy said
>>
>>53155433
>>53154724
>>53154742
It's seriously not a big deal. The idea is to be entertaining a bunch of people on stream while playing your game. People in chat do not expect the host's undivided attention nor do they expect an instant response to their chat message. They know the host has other shit going on.
>>
>>53153961
anime is mostly for manchildren too
except the patrician tier anime
like gits, eva (sadly meme now), ergo proxy etc

feelsbadman
>>
>>53153959

That's the one thing I can't stand: as soon as I realize the streamer's in only for blatant camwhoring, I have to switch channel. Now that I think about it, that, meme spouters, and subscriber circlejerking. Which leaves only a few good ones.
>>
>>53154742
Ya, actually I have. You say your pieces in blocks.
>>
>>53153959
that webum makes me fucking uncomfortable

that dog cannot possibly like that
>>
>>53153414
There's a lot of good stuff in TV compared to twitch.
>>
>>53153784
What the fuck? It's literally just an IRC with a 10-30 second delay. How is it "far too shitty to allow for proper fan interaction"?
Do you always get 100% of your responses within 10 seconds on IRC?
>>
>>53153719

> /v/
> Sport

This is what fat neckbeards tell themselves to justify why they don't workout like a real athlete.
>>
>>53155756
Why would the dog care? Most dogs have a ton of extra skin so that they can still maneuver even after being bit. The owner wasn't being too rough so the dog probably didn't care at all.
>>
>>53153414
Most of what twitch is doing requires fixed time slots in order to provide for interaction between the streamer and the viewer.

It's a much more personal connection than television ever could be, and I wouldn't even begin to compare the two.

Plus, for people who don't give a shit about the twitch chat integration, you can just download the recordings off the archive and watch them at your leisure instead.
>>
>>53155756
>that dog cannot possibly like that
Dogs have been bred for tens of thousands of years for the sole purpose of being tools and companions for human.

You can bet that a dog receiving attention from its owner is the high point of its life.

They are living tools.
>>
>>53153454
>camwhoring
This is the most important point. The fetish of "gamer girl" keep twitch working.
>>
File: shiba NO.jpg (12 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
shiba NO.jpg
12 KB, 236x314
>>53155756
They have loose skin around their neck, that's why a collar is useless on them, that and they are stubborn little tikes.
>>
It's the feeling of watching something together, but you know without friends that feeling is hard to understand, sorry op
>>
>>53153414
try watching some speedruns
check out *GDQ events

the medium makes more sense once you know about some of the content
>>
>>53153959
What a stupid dog lmao
>>
twitch is a money laundering service
>>
youtube's streaming deal is infinitely better, lower latency, better bitrate, transcoding is free, saves your broadcast by default too

as shitty as youtube is the streaming thing actually works way fucking better, too bad i don't use it
>>
>>53157203
Plus youtube's encoders don't suck ass so you can actually seek in the stream to arbitrary positions in a fraction of a second.

Also, they actually encode to VP9 and also deliver 1440p and 2160p resolutions. (Among higher ones that nothing actually uses)
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.