[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: Windows-10-logo.jpg (42 KB, 645x484) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-logo.jpg
42 KB, 645x484
Give me 3 reasons why I shouldn't give in to the botnet.

Eventually even Windows 7 will become
obsolete and suffer the same fate as you beloved Windows XP

Besides Google already collects our data so whats the point?
>>
>>53146291
Who said you needed to use google? Theres always a point to privacy
>>
>>53146291
1) It infringes on your rights to privacy
2) It infringes on your rights to freedom
3) It genuinely sucks dick compared to previous versions.
>>
Just install Parabola GNU/Linux and quit your bellyaching.
>>
>>53146291
maybe don't use google?
maybe don't use windows? Go with linux
>>
>>53146351
>systemd
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>53146291
Google only collects the data that you give to them. It doesn't steal meta data from your hard drive
>>
>>53146578
bullshit
>>
>>53146291
the font in this bootleg windows image triggers my autism
>>
#1 reason: no restore point after updates. this is "windows is a service" not software you own a license to. so, if you system gets whacked, and you don;t have a manual restore point, you have to completely reinstall!!!! (because the "recover" function doesn't work very well)
>>
#2 Reason: Expect to have the command prompt open at all time to deal with all the bugs and shit microsoft still has not fixed or broke in the last update
>>
>>53146291
1. There is literally nothing wrong with Windows 10
2. Literally, there is nothing wrong with Windows 10
3. Nothing is wrong with Windows 10, literally
>>
>>53146291

>Give me 3 reasons why I shouldn't give in to the botnet.

Windows 7
Windows 8.1
Any Linux of your choice
>>
>>53146291
You dont need 3 reasons
The fact that microsoft is trying to get as close to the line of forcing you to upgrade to it as they can should make your paranoia flare up
>>
>>53147411
>>53146291
>pic related
>>
>>53146545
Systemd just violates standard Unix practices. It's not a botnet
>>
>>53146615
>Can't argue
>>
>>53146342
>3) It genuinely sucks dick compared to previous versions.
It's better than 8. Or rather, it doesn't suck as much as 8.
>>
>>53147495
I'm on board for starting a systemd is botnet meme
>>
Win10 thread?

Is there any way I can permanently disable windows update on this thing?
>>
>>53148120
http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/
>>
>>53148148
That only prevents them from automatically installing, it still stops you from whatever the fuck you're doing and automatically opens the "download update" screen.

Certainly there has to be a hack to get rid of this shit altogether.
>>
>>53148179
It's best not to question big brother. Big brother knows what's best for you, let big brother take care of your computer.
>>
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/x-programs-windows-10-may-remove-device/
>>
It's so sad that they're going to have to rework the entire OS again. It's like they learned nothing from the launch of Windows 8 or Xbox One. I just hope they can fix it before the free upgrade ends.
>>
>>53146291
Google doesn't collect the same amount of data as Windows 10. Windows 10 is literal spyware. Continuing to support such systems means privacy intrusion will only get worse. Windows used to be an operating system on your personal computer, but now it's a surveillance system on the user. Now you can't keep a diary on your own Windows computer without Microsoft and its partners accessing it. It is an absurd situation and should be completely unacceptable.

People relax and let their guard down because there aren't many negative consequences from mass surveillance yet for the vast majority. This doesn't mean it will continue to be the case. You should care about and defend your right to privacy while you still can.
>>
>>53148503
I swear they learned nothing from the Xbone disaster. Phil must be the only sane man in the entire company.
>>
>>53146291
>Google already collects our data
Then stop using it.
>>
1. It's 30% faster than Windows 7
2. It's not Windows 8 with your metro taking over your desktop
3. Virtual Desktops, Cortana is ok, Direct X 12

Oh wait, this is supposed to be reasons to not upgrade, ok

1. Privacy concerns, it's free because you are the product.
2. It installs some useless apps, try office 365 free for one month
3. Uh...?

I like windows 10
>>
>>53146291
i deleted and went back to 8.1

The final straw was not being able to permanently turn off windows defender or whatever they called it.
>>
>>53148120
> permanently disable windows update

Yeah, pull out the ethernet cable.
>>
>>53146291
>you can track people using cash with the serial code on the money
>cameras everywhere
>you need a cell phone to have a job that isn't something like Arby's
>linux is confirmed botnet
we fucking lost just give in
>>
File: google-prism-denial-2013-06-07.png (56 KB, 483x623) Image search: [Google]
google-prism-denial-2013-06-07.png
56 KB, 483x623
>>53146291
>Google already collects

They sure do! And they got paid millions too, while lying about it.
>>
>>53148857
>Windows 10 user detected
That seems about your hourly dose of rationalization.
>>
>>53148616
If you have the Pro (or better) versions, you can use Local Group Policy to do that. Home version, nope.
>>
>>53148602
>1. It's 30% faster than Windows 7
Wrong. Same speed as Win 7. Quit putting your OS in HDDs.
>2. It's not Windows 8 with your metro taking over your desktop
I'll give you this.
>3. Virtual Desktops
Finally caught up to Linux and Mac, Cortana is underwhelming and DX12 is useless right now
>>
It's the current year or how I learned to quit worrying and love the botnet.
>>
>>53146291
> Eventually
That's the keyword. But not sooner than 4 years anyway. Don't be a retard. And after that you've got 3 more years of 8.1. In 7 years things might change, no need to bite the bullet now.

>>53148602
>1. It's 30% faster than Windows 7
7, 8 and 10 have the same performance, retard. Even Vista SP2.

>2. It's not Windows 8 with your metro taking over your desktop
10 has got more METRO than 8. Way more, and now you're also forced to use it as they replaced Win32 programs with METRO crap.

>3. Virtual Desktops, Cortana is ok, Direct X 12
First is useless but you can achieve it easily. I hope you're mentioning Cortana ironically and DX12 is just marketing nonsense.
>>
>>53146291
Just use it. It's free.
>>
Windows 7 and 8 have been tainted by Windows 10 data slurp so it really doesn't matter anymore. The only escape is formating your hard drive and never using Microsoft products again.
>>
>>53150123
>Windows 7 and 8 have been tainted by Windows 10 data slurp so it really doesn't matter anymore.
Only a stupid normal like you would think this when you don't even know how to shut off updates.
>>
>>53150163
I don't use Windows. I assumed that would be evident from my post. Enjoy those unpatched security holes m8.
>>
>>53150244
>unpatched security holes
I'm not not him, but you really are retarded.
>>
>>53147903
I think it's better than 7 or 8...
>>
>>53147495
Botnet, CIA backdoor it's all the same to me.
>>
anon, i know that every fucking memer on this board will spout alk the fucking dumbass gentoo memes but i switched to linux 2 weeks ago after usung windows my whole life and im never fucking looking back. Its like it was actually made for a real person to use instead of the droves of facebook monkeys that fucking plague todays tech industry
>>
Three things:
1 I want to add custom shortcuts to the left menu because fuck tiles. Can't do that. And nobody has figured out how to force it.

2. I want to use no antivirus. Windows 10 refuses to allow the system to do this. It will either piss you off with a warning you can't disable every 5 minutes. Or automatically turn back on.

3. Stability issues. I've seen this shit fail out of the blue a lot. Update install. Windows no longer boots. And this is on fresh generic installs.

I'll move over when I can fix this shit.
>>
File: th.jpg (10 KB, 199x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10 KB, 199x300
>>53150339
Says the guy delivering all his personal info to the NSA courtesy of Pajeet Nadella.
>>
File: turn-off-protection1.png (20 KB, 599x321) Image search: [Google]
turn-off-protection1.png
20 KB, 599x321
>You can turn this off temporarily, but if it's off for a while we'll turn it back on automatically.

This is the point where I lost it and removed all traces of Windows 10 from my hard drive.
>>
>>53150244
Or you could look at what update you're installing before you install them
>>
>>53153102
Sure... If they actually provided a change log.
>>
>>53150085
So is basically any GNU/Linux distribution?

Also free as well as being free.
>>
>>53153334
yeah. that is correct.
>>
>>53153334
but windows can play games better. and less tinkering.
>>
>>53153089
Pretty damn easy to disable that function. Google is your friend.
>>
>>53147903
8.1/Classic Shell > 7 > Vista > 8 > 10
>>
>>53148875
>we are not sharing our data NEVERERVER.tif
>we provide user data to gov if law bullshit
>nsa call "muh national security"
>google gives whatever the nsa wants

he is a retard with a 2 digit IQ..
>>
>>53146291
Windows 10 sends way fucking more data directly to Microsoft. Way more; look at the news articles about it.

Add this to MIcrosoft's business practices being infinitely shittier than Google's. They both have your data, but Google is better about not doing shady shit with it.
>>
>>53156011
>Add this to MIcrosoft's business practices being infinitely shittier than Google's. They both have your data, but Google is better about not doing shady shit with it.
[citation needed]
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.