[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that if you support Apple you support a collaborative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: iphone-terrorism.png (474 KB, 730x430) Image search: [Google]
iphone-terrorism.png
474 KB, 730x430
Daily reminder that if you support Apple you support a collaborative terrorist organization and if you have given them your money you will be charged with aiding and abetting
>>
File: 1444679243282.jpg (24 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
1444679243282.jpg
24 KB, 375x305
>>53126449
...th..thanks, I guess.
>>
hopefully pedophiles don't discover this. It will make it even more sick.
>>
>>53126449
>Tim Cook
>This sets a dangerous precedent!

The precedent of cracking open domestic terrorist's phones to potentially save lives and/or bring other terrorists to justice? That's fine by me
>>
>>53126777
>justice
nice meme
>>
>>53126838
nice edge
>>
>>53126777
>The precedent of cracking open dead domestic terrorist's phones to potentially save lives and/or bring other terrorists to justice?
Fixed.
Nice try. Could do better.
>>
Im personally praying for Fappening 2: Electric Boogaloo, featuring everybody you know with an iPhone
>>
>>53126449
Ha ha! You fell for the media's bullshit.
>>
>>53129130
That too.
>>
This is easily the most ridiculous issue in circulation in the last decade. Let's build a backdoor cause only good guys, read law enforcement, who want to protect you, will use it. Bad guys like terrorists and criminals will promise never to exploit it. And we can be sure that something so valuable will never be leaked. Let's all just trust each other hey? Start by putting all your passwords to everything as 'password'
>>
File: 1453437545980.png (82 KB, 219x280) Image search: [Google]
1453437545980.png
82 KB, 219x280
>>53126449
Daily reminder that if you don't, you've forsaken your own personal freedom. Literally off yourself.
>>
I support freedom. If bad people use freedom to their advantage that doesn't make freedom the problem, it's the bad people that are the problem.
The US only caress about this one case because it's on their soil, not actually about ISIS. They could get rid of ISIS in a week if they wanted, but it's easier to just stop them from doing any damage.
>>
>>53126449
Daily reminder that you need to stop thinking like a psychpath.
>>
>>53129787
Only a gen z could write something this stupid.
>>
File: we care about customer privacy.png (99 KB, 489x839) Image search: [Google]
we care about customer privacy.png
99 KB, 489x839
>>53129781
>owning apple shit
>thinks he hasn't forsaken his own personal freedom

Literally off yourself.
>>
>ITT libertards in charge of knowing anything about this issue

The FBI and White House have both dispelled SPECIFICALLY the idea that they want a back door into all their systems. All they want it Apple to open up the ONE DEVICE

Read the fucking news for once you bunch of misinformed faggots
>>
>>53130759
>muh liberals

go back to /pol/ where tools like you will conveniently ignore that your savior trump is all for the nsa and backdoors
>>
>>53130759
It was posted on the Internet, that must make it true.
>>
>>53130782
was that supposed to be a rebuttal? Sounds pretty defensive

Let me guess, you saw every Silicon Valley dipshit jumping on the muh intrusive spying government and didn't bother to actually read the news or what the FBI and judge are telling Apple to do
>>
>>53130910
It is within Apple's legal rights to not do shit about the government's problem.
>>
>>53126449
>if you support Apple you support a collaborative terrorist organization

So, China?
>>
>>53131171
Not when a judge rules it in the name of public safety

Why do you think car manufacturers are forced to make seatbelts in cars? Do you think they want to spend millions in R&D just for the hell of it? No, judges ruled that in the case of public safety seatbelts are mandatory.

So no, it's actually the opposite, it isn't within their legal rights to refuse a court order. The only reason Tim Cook isn't in jail right now is because they are going to appeal it to the highest courts possible and drag it out so Tim Cook can leave his legacy on the history of tech security and make his shareholders happy
>>
>>53126449
bedding*
>>
>>53131259
no
>>
>>53130759
Opening up one means the same technique can be applied to any
>>
>>53131357
I fail to see the difference between a judge ruling that a company must hand over various legal documents as evidence if there is probable cause and a judge ordering that a phone belonging to two dead terrorists be opened to collect evidence

Once again, no one has asked Apple to make a backdoor to their iOS or anything of the sort, all they want is to have Apple make available the data on one device

If this were the FBI trying to get them to open the phone of some random person in a more ambiguous case I could maybe see the apprehension, but this isn't an ambiguous case. Domestic terrorists used that phone and the FBI has every right to the data on it as specified by a judge and will be specified by all the judges in all the appeals in this bullshit Apple is pulling
>>
>>53126449
>>>/pol/
This is not technology related
>>
>>53131448
This is about as tech related as you can get
>>
>>53131454
The case between Apple and the FBI, but not this thread which is only meant for them GuaranteedRepliesâ„¢
>>
File: 1451992979723.jpg (31 KB, 697x480) Image search: [Google]
1451992979723.jpg
31 KB, 697x480
>>53131252
i wonder how would you react when they take your guns for the sake of public safety
>>
>>53131475
>people in the thread have opposing viewpoints on the issue
>immediately thinks one side must not actually believe their stance
>>
Good thing I installed gentoo
>>
>>53131510
They'd have to amend the Constitution first, I don't see that ever happening
>>
>>53131522
I didn't even read the thread KEK.
OP is enough to know that it'll be pol shit tier posting anyway
>>
>>53131533
so you come into the thread, don't read it, and demand that it be taken down with your shitposting

How about you expend your apparently worthless time somewhere else
>>
The terrorists already destroyed 2 personal cell phones and a hard drive, so why would they leave a company phone undamaged for the police to find if it had any useful evidence in it?
>>
>>53131551
how about you and your poo in the loo niggers fuck off back to >>>/pol/ so that tech discussions are not drowned out by some shit posting
>>
Unlock the phone already apple you fucking tech niggers
>>
>>53131565
Let me guess, you're an applefag

Tech security is a completely valid subject on /g/

Now fuck off back to your parents basement
>>
>>53131620
Rajesh, pls, I hate iCuck devices but this thread is about politics and not about technology.
>>
>>53131620
>Daily reminder
>supporting apple
>muh terrorism meme
>buying iCuck devices means you are aiding and abetting --- WAT???

It's such low tier shit posting that it belongs nowhere else but >>>/pol/

It's not meant to open ip discussions on tech security etc. It's a ruse thread so that he gets many (you)'s
>>
>>53131429
Such nievity. You said it yourself, you just don't see the implications of what they're asking. If you want to unlock one iphone by bypassing the 'homescreen' locking mechanism, you're going to be able to use the same technique to unlock every iphone out there. Once that's created, the FBI will be going to apple all the fucking time for probably internationals iphones. I hate apple with a passion but Tim Cook is making the right move for once.

Speaking of international, from a business point of view how does it look if the FBI can just open up anybodys phone with a court order? Overseas sales will decline since governments such as China will actively promote competing brands. This is not just a political move, it's a business move.

>>53131532
>what are ammendments
>>
>>53131791
whatever.
the constitution was so perfect that they never had to do any amendments.
its perfect just the way it is.
>>
>>53131838
Except they did. Now please >>>/pol/
This is not tech discussion
>>
>>53126449
>Daily reminder that if you support Apple you support a collaborative terrorist organization and if you have given them your money you will be charged with aiding and abetting

Like how people support gun companies
>>
>>53131791
Yeah, an amendment to the Constitution will do it

Now what makes you think an amendment like that would ever get the votes to overturn a 227 year old amendment that is one of the most strongly supported ideas in American rights?

It will literally never happen
>>
>>53131866
Like how people buy petroleum products
>>
>>53131984
No, a guns sole purpose is to kill.
>>
>>53131429
I can't believe how stupid you are. There should be a test to allow people onto /g/. Literally the dumbest post on forchin today.
>>
>>53131791
>FBI
>Internationals

Someone needs to brush up on their Bureau knowledge

Even if you're right and the FBI uses this inevitable supreme court ruling to keep coming to apple for help with data recovery off their devices each case will be treated separately. If the judge rules that the FBI has probable cause then that's that, if not the phone stays locked

There is literally zero difference between this an a judge ordering hard drives seized for ongoing cases, just that Tim Cook has decided to use this situation to crawl out from the shadow of Steve Jobs
>>
>>53132027
Good feedback, thorough, concise, rich in information and a proper retort
>>
>>53132049
gb2>>reddit
An actual response would go over your head. You probably had a zoolander moment and thought the files where 'inside the phone' so propose hitting it with a hammer.
>>
>>53132086
You've resorted to Zoolander insults, good job
>>
>>53132029
Ordering the seizing of hard drives is not the same thing as asking for a master key to literally every single iphone out there.

>Someone needs to brush up on their Bureau knowledge
Okay, well their site actually says, "For nearly seven decades, the FBI has stationed special agents and other personnel overseas to help protect Americans back home by building relationships with principal law enforcement, intelligence, and security services around the globe that help ensure a prompt and continuous exchange of information."
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/international_operations
So again, what's going to stop them from getting court orders for 'national safety' reasons on internaionals phones?
>>
>>53132224
Jesus I am tired of dispelling this already

After Tim Cook got on his soapbox both the FBI and the White House released open letters saying they are NOT asking for a backdoor to ALL apple devices, just for them to unlock the ONE device in question

Read a goddamn newspaper
>>
>>53132279
What a dense motherfucker
>>
>>53126449
I support Jewgle and I hope they would do the same thing if the phone was an Xperia or Galaxy device
>>
>>53132324
Again with the top notch responses, keep it up, you're really starting to make a case for the opposing view
>>
So... the FBI are now the niggers of the tech world. "How do I unlock this iPhone?"
>>
>>53132279
Apple can't unlock the phone.
The FBI wants them to write an exploit or modify the software that protects the contents by deleting it when somebody is trying to brute-force their way in, which is what the FBI wants to try and do.
>>
>>53132279
Yes, and the director of the NSA testified in front of congress saying that they were not collecting all telephone metadata in the United States but that turned out to not be true.
>>
>>53132368
>So... the FBI are now the niggers of the tech world. "How do I unlock this iPhone?"
kek, someone should edit the activation lock infographic
>>
>>53132376
Yes, for the one phone, not make it a universal software upgrade
>>
>>53132382
Apples and oranges man, all they want is potential evidence on ongoing terrorist activities, not cast a net over every device in the world
>>
File: 1447761540489.gif (372 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1447761540489.gif
372 KB, 499x281
>>53132366
first time I'm replying to you
>>
>>53132435
The phone in question was the terrorist's work provided phone, the deceased terrorists had personal phones they destroyed and a hard drive from their computer that they destroyed. Do you honestly think they left sensitive information on the phone that was left in their car?
>>
>>53132448
>do you really think a couple of retarded mudslimes would overlook something that one of the top investigative institues in the world might pick up on?

They caught Whitey Ford by tracing his girlfriend's breast implant surgery and her penchant for feeding the neighbor's cat, yes I think there could be something on there
>>
>>53132482
The FBI could have accessed the phone had they not left its iCloud account under the control of the city of San Bernardino, they're not nearly as competent as you think.

also
>failing to catch someone who was an FBI informant for 30 years is somehow evidence of your competence
>>
>>53132366
Since you're an encryption expert tell us how YOU would do it?
>>
>>53132733
Why not just destroy it too then? If they bothered to do any level of hiding what is on that phone that should tell you that there might be some sensitive info on there. If you remember the attacks were quite spur of the moment. Best guess is that they were planning on doing a larger attack but the dude flipped at the workplace, left, and returned to carry out the attack. If you remember they found a whole lot more weapons and explosives than used and were probably going to carry out further attacks

Also, failing to catch an untraceable income millionaire who has connections all over the planet is harder than you might think, not even INTERPOL could find him
>>
>>53132814
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
People are going on about this like knowing how to access the backdoor will be common knowledge.

It makes a weakness in every device only if the backdoor is broken if it is a private key held by the letter organisations, what problem is there. They protect far more vital information, they could store the private key off network or even off a computer system and only use it when they need to.
>>
>>53132877
After spending a few minutes here I can easily say that all of are lacking of any wit or intelligence whatsoever. You all believe yourselves to be better than everyone else, and I can tell you right now, that that is not the case in the slightest, you pseudo-intellectuals. I am much better than all of you. Clearly I am because I am neither pretentious, long-winded, asinine, discourteous, nor are my tastes quite as bland as yours. No, I am quite concise, and I would never stretch beyond that of my means or what I am designated to.

I'd have to say that this board is full of anonymous lurkers, attackers, and trolls, who have nothing better to do than throw their elitist opinions around in an attempt at misguided show-boating with people they'd never ever meet.

None of you build any persona or stand by anything remotely attached that I can feel some sort of personal connection to. You lack any sort of direction and I can't have that. You're analogies are far too complicated, linear, and they're rather contradictory. Why, there's never even any variety here!

I give this image board, masquerading as a message board, a 1/10.
>>
File: origin.jpg (13 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
origin.jpg
13 KB, 256x256
>>53132987
>>
>>53132279
you really are a fucking spazz
>>
>>53134368
thanks for your input
>>
>Trusting the FBI with anything
>Believing that they wouldn't just get the unlock software/modification and use it to unlock Iphones whenever they want to without asking for permission

American law enforcement and in particular the FBI, NSA and such never care about the rules. They always lie to your face about what they are doing.

>We totally didn't collect any data on your phones :^)
>We totally didn't actively try to document everything on your phones and computers
>We swear we didn't torture any "terrorists" in prison or other holding facilities

Come the fuck on. How can you realistically think they wouldn't do everything in their power to make sure they get the exploit and start opening every single goddamn phone they get their hands on. And all in the name of "public safety"
>You want to catch the terrorists right?
>You love freedom don't you? :)))

Trusting americans not to overstep their reach, in particular when it comes to "security" and "safety" is the dumbest fucking thing you can do at this point. I'm not saying that we should all wear tinfoil hats and that the US government is harboring aliens in their secret facilities, but all you have to do is look at their track record to know why unlocking one phone is a terrible idea.
>>
So if Apple turns over an iPhone backdoor, will O be able to see the nudes my friends have on their phones?
>>
>>53132279
It doesn't matter if they want one device unlocked. What matters is the fact that they want it unlocked. The technique applied to unlock this one device will be applicable for any iDevice
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.