[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ANDROID USERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
where were u when apple finally cucked the tablet market?
>>
>Tablet
>Market
>>
>>53116262
>no one owns a tablet
>2016
>>
>>53116170
>That gay topbar
You literally can't make this shit up
>>
File: Capture.png (151 KB, 1286x126) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
151 KB, 1286x126
This is a bait, right. Fuck you OP
>>
>>53116346
>get a mac
>can run windows, osx, and nearly every linux distro flawlessly

git gud
>>
The only thing i would use a tablet for is loads of PDF and ebooks.
Why in the fuck would i then bother with that shit there when i can get an e-reader that will at least last me a good week of constant use without having to charge it?

Get the fuck out. That shit doesn't even have good palm rejection.
>>
File: 1388748647715.gif (833 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1388748647715.gif
833 KB, 200x150
>>53116170
>>
>>53116365
>>get a mac
>>can run windows, osx, and nearly every linux distro flawlessly

>get a normal PC
>can run windows, osx, and nearly every linux distro flawlessly
>can have any hardware replaced instead of having to replace the whole computer, and has proper airflow without shit throttling and house fires springing up
>>
File: 1281087326083.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1281087326083.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>53116416
>>53116400

mfw poorfags BTFO
>>
File: 1317966877301.gif (2 MB, 393x306) Image search: [Google]
1317966877301.gif
2 MB, 393x306
>>53116537
>mfw an Alienware user
>mfw more money than Applefags
>mfw my computer may costs more, but it is also capable of more and at least won't burn my house down
>mfw even Applefags are objectively beneath us Alienware users despite the bad rep we get

KEK, get rekt.
>>
>>53116416
>osx
>flawlessly
k
>>
>>53116580
>>53116416
>thinking hackintosh is comparably stable & will receive updates like an actual mac

wtf am i reading
>>
>>53116713
Uh, Hackintosh does easily update and it is in fact stable.
Not that a Mac user would know.
>>
>>53116844
>being unable to upgrade graphics drivers & bios firmware is a bragging point
>spends more time tinkering/jacking off than actually using the OS

i can guarantee you that logic pro x runs like shit on your jerry-rigged setup
>>
>>53116882
Last i tried it, i could upgrade easily.
I don't spend time tinkering the OS, as i've moved to using a sum of Win 7 and openSUSE; one mainly for gayming, work, and some programs; the other for the web (because security through obscurity compared to OS X and Windblows that both have the full attention of malicious cunts) and basic media consumption. I had no reason whatsoever to use OS X beyond trying it once, and i still don't.

>using an OS that is neither gaming capable nor has the security of a Linux distro as bragging rights

Oh, and if you think Apple is secure. Check again:
http://www.cvedetails.com/top-50-vendors.php
>>
>>53116580
>mfw alienware has crap builds
>mfw building your own desktop can give you even more power for the same money
>mfw alienware laptops are either super bulky and only used as desktops
> or ultrathin and not capable of gaming at all compared to a rMBP for the same price
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 492x339) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 492x339
>>53116957
This is a more fair chart, thanks.
Also:
>osx as a whole bundled up (i know, i know, same vulnerabilities arent counted)
>windows os es spreaded (again same vulnerabilities not counted)
count up all the windows versions and it still has more vulnerabilities compared to osx.
>>
>>53117013
>Apple products
>gaming

>Applepoorfag siding with poorfags (desktop builders) he constantly makes fun of, for the purpose of arguing against an Alienwarefag

Applefags truly are like the middle-class faggot buying a Mustang because it looks like something a richfag would drive, albeit it's all they have money for.
Like buying a fedora and trenchcoat to look classy even though they have no money for actual class.

Sad days. Sad days for Applefags.

>>53117036
It's a good thing i don't use Windows for any Internet related tasks and merely use Linux for that then.
Though i wouldn't pride myself with Apple being 3rd on the list of worst.
Comparing yourself to Windows to avoid shameful display is like comparing a chicken turd to dog turd. It's turd all in all in the end.
>>
>>53116170
iPad Pro is as the name suggests, mostly for professionals (because of the pen tilt) anybody else buying it, is a fucking retarded who gets milked.

>>53116580
Nigga, Alienware idiots are literally worse than consolecucks.

>>53117036
How many of these are from iOS though?

Besides, simply better hardware is a good reason to use OSX.
>>
>>53117128
>Nigga, Alienware idiots are literally worse than consolecucks.

If Alienware idiots are worse than consolecucks, and Applefags are worse than Alienware idiots,
then what does that make Applefags?
The "Star Wars Phantom Menace" of the computer industry?
>>
>>53117169
That would be reserved to "mobile gaming"
>>
>>53117063
>thinking apple products can't play games
you do know bootcamp exists right?
you do know metal exists right?
>>
>>53117238
>metal

Nice OpenGL 2.0-tier adoption rate
>>
>>53117238
Or one could simply not use Apple hardware that throttles and overheats more than a gaming console by installing Windows to run games,
and instead use a normal built computer with proper airflow and replacable/upgradeable components without having to replace a whole computer.

>metal
Nigger the fuck you doing?
>>
>>53117267
>tfw my rMBP mid 2013 has never ever throttled before
>can play gta v on medium-above average settings (720p@30fps)
>tfw it does get really hot but just use a controller
alright dude.
>>
>80 dollars for a sillicone case
Is anyone gullible enough to fall for this shit?
>>
File: 2016-02-22_122857.jpg (246 KB, 651x821) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-22_122857.jpg
246 KB, 651x821
>>53117333
It's a good thing you are lucky enough that your rMBP doesn't break.
Because Apple Trashcan users with the 2013 trashcan model have to deal with shit like pic related.

Apple releases a piece of shit broken product at least once every year. Most of the time, they are marketed for professional use, yet you can't use them professionally because the throttling fucks your shit up.
A problem PC builders don't have ever. Ever.
>>
>>53117355
can't afford perfection anon?
>>
>>53117368
apple still extending warranties & fixing shit from 3 years ago

if it was a pc manufacturer you'd be out of luck bb
>>
>>53117419
In case you haven't noticed, it took 1 year for Apple to initiate the program.
Users had to waste a year of their time waiting.

A PC builder would instantly replace that shit, and most component warranties go beyond 5 or even 8 years if you know who to buy from.

Try again.
>>
>>53117375
Isn't the manufacturing cost somewhere between 15 to 20 dollars
>>
>>53117355
Anybody buying a case is pretty retarded, might as well go full retard and spend 80 bucks for something that is barely worth 50 cent.

>>53117368
Innovative and compact design is something pc builders don't have ever either.

Though trashcan mac is still pretty silly. Great idea, shitty execution.
>>
>>53117850
>Innovative and compact design is something pc builders don't have ever either.
For the uninformed, that is a correct statement.

If i wanted innovative, creative, elegant, luxury, and compact design,
i'd buy an InWin compact case faggot.

As far as really compact shit goes that's normally priced, has proper dust filtering, has better looks than that LEGO Block look of the trashcan,
and that at least can have its parts replaced without waiting a year for Apple to respond,
there's plenty of case manufacturers out there for that with those simple elegant designs with aluminium and shit.

Get your shit together.
>>
>>53117883
>that's normally priced
Nobody cares about that. Trashcan isn't made for casual users but for people who make money with this crap. If you even have to look at the price, you're not the Trashcan target market.

>parts replaced without waiting a year for Apple to respond
You can do that with trashcan too, depending on the parts. Besides, Apple support is one of the best and they got their gay bars or genius bars almost everywhere.

> InWin compact case
They all look like pure shit sans BQ695.

>there's plenty of case manufacturers out there for that with those simple elegant designs with aluminium and shit
Link any others, I am curious myself and would love to replaces muh desktop.

Besides, the problem with the very small ones are the mainboards, that couldn't handle the same hardware the Trashcan does. Well ... neither can the trashcan sometimes but that's it's only problem. Once they perfect the cooling and powersupply, the shit will be based.
>>
>>53117981
>Nobody cares about that.
Ergo InWin exists. Though other compact manufacturers also build cases that look better and have better airflow.

>You can do that with trashcan too, depending on the parts.
>depending on the parts
Emphasis on that.

>Besides, Apple support is one of the best
BULLSHIT. Apple Support is no worse or better than any other PC manufacturer out there.
>>53117368
being a prime example.

Or better yet when Apple was fucked by a class action suit in 2008 for graphics chips dying which required Apple to provide support.
The support? A diagnostics disc test to warrant replacement as a passing test, EXCEPT YOU CAN'T SUCCEED THE TEST OF A DIAGNOSTICS DISC IF YOUR GRAPHICS CHIPS DON'T WORK AND NOBODY CAN SEE THE FUCKING RESULTS.
Quality support there.

Oh and iPhone 4 support for the antena. It ain't the phone's fault for having faulty design and hardware. It's your fault for holding it wrong.

>Apple support
>best out there
Get the fuck out of here.

>They all look like pure shit sans BQ695.
Richfags would disagree with you. The Apple Trashcan looks like LEGO Block plastic shit, and shiny plastic is objectively not a luxry look. One of the rare few objective aesthetic rules.

>Besides, the problem with the very small ones are the mainboards, that couldn't handle the same hardware the Trashcan does.
Argument invalid unless you have gone through all cutting edge mainboards currently being manufactured. You are now just spouting empty words and latching onto straws.
>>
>>53118079
Their support is one of the best, all the cases you mentioned doesn't change anything about it, since the shit is common for all manufacturers. Big companies just get more media flack for it.

>Richfags would disagree with you.
Too lazy to look for the numbers and comparing cases with computer would be ... not optimal but do you really think they outsell the Trashcan?

>objective aesthetic rules
Nice oxymoron.

>you have gone through all cutting edge mainboards currently being manufactured
Could you name one iATX one with multiple PCIe slots?
>>
>>53118161
>Their support is one of the best
>you being right that all manufacturers are the same including Apple doesn't change that i say their support is the best
Whatever you are smoking/snorting, i want some of that. Is it Steve Jobs's ashes? And no, there is no case in existence of the shit with the 2013 trashcan example happening ever with any other manufacturer. Ever.

>Too lazy to look for the numbers and comparing cases with computer would be ... not optimal but do you really think they outsell the Trashcan?
Do you think Lamborghinis outsell Mustangs?
Do you think Aston Martin cars outsell Mustangs?

Luxury isn't defined with how much something is sold you idiot.

>Nice oxymoron.
It's not an oxymoron since plastic as a material is objectively the lowest common denominator among all building materials. And in aesthetic sense, you don't associate luxury with a lowest common denominator material. It's design 101.

>Could you name one iATX one with multiple PCIe slots?
You mean this chaotic jumble in pic related?
Why don't you go to prpartpicker and see.

Your fucking Apple hardware isn't for professional use, it's insulting to professionals on performance and build functionality levels.
Professionals don't gobble over miniaturization of hardware because any professional wants fucking airflow, and they want the capability to upgrade and replace that shit instantly without having to replace whole computers because some part replacement can't be done due to Apple fucking them over.

If the argument is aesthetics, i have already argued showcase shit that makes Apple design look like a god damn toilet.

If the argument is looking like you have money, InWin and shit like that enter the stage.

If the argument is gaming, no idiot will want a heated compact piece of shit only so they will be forced to install Windows besides OS X to get a proper gaming library.

Apple has a superior alternative in all aspects and arguments that makes you look dumb for using it.
>>
File: mac-pro-main-640x480.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mac-pro-main-640x480.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>53118298
>>
Yes I am totally on suicide watch. 9000% markup
>>
>>53117036
fuck Adobe god fucking dammit
>>
>>53118161
>Their support is one of the best

>they are the only manufacturer out there with a special sponsored repair store that charges $100-$300 on repairs that can be done for $30-$90 in private repair shops

>the only documented manufacturer that ever defied a class action suit judgment and fucked over their customers

>the only manufacturer that waited a year before pulling up a repair program for flawed hardware

>the only manufacturer that doesn't provide information on the user of computers in cases of reported stolen computers being turned in by the police themselves to find the users

m8... even their warranties suck ass.
>>
File: 1456147662518.jpg (5 KB, 160x122) Image search: [Google]
1456147662518.jpg
5 KB, 160x122
>>53116170
I know this is b8, but I can't tell what your pic related is getting at. You spent +$200 on iPad accessories? I don't get it.
>>
>>53118298
>Luxury isn't defined with how much something is sold
>Luxury
Nigga, we talk about basic computer shit. InWin doesn't put diamonds on their cases.

>objectively the lowest common denominator among all building materials
By what criteria? Also quite ironic to shit on plastic so bad while pretending that aluminium isn't cheap ass material too.

>Your fucking Apple hardware isn't for professional use
Yet professionals loved the trashcan and it sold fine, weird. It's like they have different priorities than you. It's like professionals rather want an aesthetic trashcan than some boring case because of muh upgradebility.

>Apple has a superior alternative in all aspects
Gaming, obviously. As for the rest, the market disagrees with you.
>>
>>53118435
Not even saying that's a lot of money for some rubberized plastic and a stylus. Just saying.
>>
File: hang_yourself.jpg (158 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
hang_yourself.jpg
158 KB, 608x1070
>>53116580
>ayylmaoware
>>
>>53118443
>Nigga, we talk about basic computer shit. InWin doesn't put diamonds on their cases.
Compared to Apple they do.

>By what criteria? Also quite ironic to shit on plastic so bad while pretending that aluminium isn't cheap ass material too.
Alluminium has heat properties that make it functional unlike plastic. Children's toys aren't made out of alluminium, they are made out of plastic. Plastic is shit by structural criteria as well as being the most commonly use material in "want to be cheap" cases.

>Yet professionals loved the trashcan and it sold fine, weird.
Not according to all the bitching and whining i hear from professionals about it on forums.
And it certainly didn't sell as much as built PC components did.
Apple shit certainly doesn't sell for servers either, and Apple computers don't sell in business because the 80% of the economic input/output in a country that is constituted of small to mid size businesses pirate software like crazy and opt for cheap pre-built computers that are easily repaired for office work rather than wasting net-profit margins on Apple shit.

You are going to have to lay out a graph for us to see how many professionals have Apple shit in this world, because just like with the server space and business space, professionals are part of those spaces and Apple hardware constitutes a minority out of them.
Might as well say that the Applewatch is something richfags want because it sold, except it sold poorly and there is no richfag in sight having one because luxury in the watch sector is defined by old-school mechanics and 17-18-19 and early 20th century design.

Though sales aren't the argument here. The argument is what is richfag hardware. Apple it ain't.

>Gaming, obviously. As for the rest, the market disagrees with you.
The market disagrees with you son. Apple has no lead in any segment on the market. None. Even with all the billions they have.
>>
>>53118443
>market numbers define what is functional and what isn't
>basic physics doesn't
So EA makes the best games out there and are the best developer/publisher, while Justin Bieber makes the best music out there?
You can't argue all those points in one post so you are miniaturizing it to such low quality arguments that cover as wide as they can, that are stupid and don't even make sense now?
>>
Apple is shit and yada yada yada, but god damn i am thankful for them pushing retina display and high res ips panels into the tablet market. I love my chink x98 air iii tablet with ips and 2048x1536 res, it's a god damn beauty to look at (in fact my desktop 1080p tn screen hurts to look at in comparison).
>>
>>53118593
Apple didn't create its own retina displays.
They are only capable of screen tech manufacture on the mobile phone level, but even then they depend on outer sources.
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-04/04/why-samsung-makes-retina-displays
>>
>>53118619
Yeah they didn't create them, but they created the market drive and fast adoption since despite being highly expensive people bought mac tablets in droves and created a demand for huge res screens.
>>
>>53118632
True that.
>>
File: 1450749240488.jpg (30 KB, 472x315) Image search: [Google]
1450749240488.jpg
30 KB, 472x315
>>53116537
>eating shit from your own hands
>>
>>53117036
mircosoft doesn't look bad in that graph if you take into cobsideration how many products they have and how big their marketshare is.
>>
tablets are good for the desktop industry.

tablets have replaced desktops for most average users, which leaves the market for desktops less skewed towards the "i only use the computer for email and facebook" crowds, which means they'll have to cater to more advanced users than they typically have in the past decade or so
>>
>>53118742
>tablets have replaced desktops for most average users
Most average users have actually gone desktop because of tablets.
They went desktop because a saturation of portable device shit needs a main computer with proper HDDs to sync and manage all that shit.
Desktop that can run 24/7 without having to care about battery life dying (and degrading over time by having it plugged in constantly), plugging shit, and adapters, on account of a sophisticated hardware piece call the "PSU".

You are fucking retarded. And this is coming from a Tablet user who mainly uses Desktop-Tablet+Mobile as his daily work hardware.
Desktop for home and Tablet+Mobile for outdoors which is less clunky than a Laptop, and where doing equations on a tablet is easier than having to deal with keyboard dicking on a laptop and specialized programs for math/physics/chemistry symbols.
>>
>>53116170
>1280x800
nice try pajeet
>>
>>53116170
>2014 + 8 - 6
>tablets

nice try granpa
>>
>>53118303
>literally a garbage can
Into the trash it goes...Oh wait.
>>
Wow. For the low price of two cases and a stylus I can order a fucking 6 pack of Amazon tablets, run a script to debloat and remove ads on all of them, and hand them out to my friends and family like it's nothing.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.