[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that indian $4 phone has better specs than my Xperia L jesus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: img_freedom251[1].jpg (50 KB, 486x488) Image search: [Google]
img_freedom251[1].jpg
50 KB, 486x488
>that indian $4 phone has better specs than my Xperia L

jesus christ what the fuck
>>
Poo
>>
in
>>
>Company president Ashok Kumar Chadha said the Android smartphone would have pre-installed apps that tie into Modi initiatives such as "Make in India" and "Clean India".

POO IN THE LOO
O
O

I
N

T
H
E

L
O
O
>>
>>53063216
KUMAR
U
M
A
R
>>
>>53063216
What ASHOK!
>>
>>53063185
That $4 phone is 120C of third degree burns and melting plastic case.
>>
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swachhbharat&hl=de
LOO
>>
>>53063185
It's a fake. Show's over. Move along please.
>>
>>53063265
sauce
>>
>>53063185
Shit I read that as 4" QHD at first, which would be insane
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
SHITTING
>>
HOTSPOTS
>>
File: scam.jpg (70 KB, 870x588) Image search: [Google]
scam.jpg
70 KB, 870x588
>>53063185
All memes aside, i hope that this thing sells like crazy and puts other manufacturers under pressure. I would feel scammed if i paid 600$ for a phone in a time where you could import that thing, or similar cheap phones that will do the job just fine.
This thing is clearly heavily subsidized by the gov, tho.

Also, has android 5.0 and seems to handle it pretty well. So tell me why are people on this boeard shilling for 2+ GB ram devices?
I have a 89€ acer with 1 gig and it runs really well, despite all that normie bs apps i have running on it.
>>
You do faggots realise that the cpu is utter shit and will perform worse than a pentium II since it's a 4$ phone, and the screen is made of plastic.
>>
Moto g were $10 on black friday. Wide availability too.

Why is this getting so much attention?
>>
>>53063185
>$4 phone

It's a $35 phone subsidized and they only sell 100k of it.
>>
>>53067497
>This thing is clearly heavily subsidized by the gov, tho.
Their government can subsidize a smartphone, yet they can't subsidize toilets and plumbing.
>>
>>53067518
>$4
>expecting ANYTHING
Come the fuck on,if they will be this cheap you could just get a new one every time it broke
>>
>>53067569
I was saying how some idiots think that other companies will get fucked by this phone since it's way cheaper. It won't, the performance won't be equal to a 300$ phone, manufacturers won't even notice that the phone is a competitor outside of poo in the loo country.
>>
>>53063185
>that indian $4 phone has better specs than my Xperia L
get an used nexus 4/5 it's quite dirt cheap
>>
>>53067552
I read an article on pol where the gov treid, but some of them started honoring the toilet like it's something sacred and holy spirits live there. They even made a shrine.

>Comedy gold

I think the gov calculated that it would be cheaper to subsidize a phone than plumbing and toilets. It has some apps about cleanliness.
But i highly doubt that this was their main concern. The most important thing for them was to make cheap com devices.
>>
>>53067631
Used phones are usually damaged and/or have shitty batteries, and you can't easily replace them in those phones
>>
>no smartphones available for even close to cheap here (here=USA)
The industry does realize that things are supposed to become insanely cheaper the more widespread they are used, right?

ALL smartphones should be less than fucking $50 by now.
>>
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/02/the-worlds-cheapest-smartphone-is-looking-awfully-shady/

POO IN THE LOO
O
O

I
N

T
H
E

L
O
O
>>
>>53067723
You can get Android phones for $9 at Walmart but they're usually stuck to one CDMA carrier like Straight Talk or something
>>
>>53067598
I also doubt that it will affect the high priced phones, because rich pajeed will feel embarrased to be seen with a 4$ phone.
But
This thing will def have an impact on the middle class, that bought their phones at around 100$.
Obviously they can't afford status symbols so a lot will think "fuck this, imma go as cheap as possible on the phone and buy myself some expensive clothes" or some shit.
>>
>>53067738
I have never seen any smartphone for $9 even at Walshit.

Ever.
>>
>>53067674
Ah, you've visited /pol/ and youtube?
You're practically an expert on India!
Please, tell us more of things you've become an internet expert on.
If there's one thing the world needs more of, it's folks that believe they have complete information because they knew some guy, or frequent 4chan.
>>
>>53067805
poo in the loo
>>
>>53067552
They actually DO subsidize toilets and plumbing, heavily, the natives just aren't using them...
>>
>>53063185
guess there's no jews in india
>>
>>53063185
did you see the article about it?

some poo in loos took a box of chinkphones and put white out over the logo and flashed a custom rom with iOS icons

lol
>>
>>53067674

>believing shit you see on /pol/

i did that back when it was /new/

would repeat absurd shit from there to my hs friends and they would crack up because i looked like a retard spouting off nonsense
>>
>>53067805
>says the curry thunder covered with sebaceous cysts
>>
>>53067688
Dunno about the Nexus 5, but it's pretty easy to replace the battery in a Nexus 4.
>>
>>53063185
Fuck off rajesh, no one is interested in buying that $4 piece of trash
>>
>>53067805
..... But he's right.
I've read the same article and got photos from travelling at home.
>>
>>53067730
What the kek
>>
File: 1453957814176.jpg (860 KB, 1952x1968) Image search: [Google]
1453957814176.jpg
860 KB, 1952x1968
>>53068979

I've lived in India, nobody shits on the street, that's straight up BS excuse the pun; the worst pollution in the city is disease from cramped, warm, humid conditions, lack of personal hygiene, and air pollution.

I ignore the banter of "Indians smell / Indians are irritating to work worth / Indians are cheaters" because:
1.) I'd rather Indians feel ashamed online because I don't want them embarassing me IRL;
2.) The sorts of folks that are convinced to distaste in an entire race just from hearing this sort of banter are ultimately the sorts you don't want to be your friend, so you're doing us a favor.;
3.) I love /g/.
4.) ultimately, the kind of thing that forms peoples' impression of a minority is their personal interactions, like havig a supervisor, or them being CEO of Microsoft and Google. If talking shit or glorification in media made significant difference then blacks in US would be better off than whites today.

But I also I see your threads every day, where you pick on the 60% of the population that is still backward-as-fuck dirt farmers.
Most of these folks have lived in poverty all their lives and have a very low level of scientific thinking, all their customs are informed by thousands years of cultural traditions before reason and suffer from stunted development, only thing going for them is they value secular education for their children.
You put so much effort into talking shit about them, well enjoy it, if you need to feel superior to someone that badly.
>>
>can make a $4 phone
>still can't poo in loo
>>
>>53069430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixJgY2VSct0
>>
File: 20140712_gdc954.png (128 KB, 1190x682) Image search: [Google]
20140712_gdc954.png
128 KB, 1190x682
>>53069430
Ok mr. Gupta, you kindly did the needful for today. Go to sleep now
>>
>>53063233
thank you for the keks, anon
>>
>>53067528
Because $4 is cheaper than $10 and is not in a limited sale period in a specific store.

Try harder next time you fucking moron
>>
>>53069430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeuypXP-HLw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLncHZj2Y0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z35_NQZpt-I
>>
>>53069493
>not per capita

India has one of the highest population densities in the world. If you did pizza consumption India would likley be on top just because of numbers alone. You can tell population density is fucking up your map because Nigeria has a positive correlation of population:defecation (unless a link between population density and open defecation exists). This isn't to say that open defecation isn't a problem in those places (as Europe has a negative correlation between population density and open defecation)
>>
File: 1455671938692.jpg (7 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1455671938692.jpg
7 KB, 250x248
>>53070515
>not per capita poo in loos
My sides
>>
>>53063937
India QHD = Quality High Definition
>960x540
1st world QHD = Quad High Definition
>2560x1440
>>
>>53070515
I would argue that per capita is not very relevant when measuring something like public defecation, as public defecation is a public health issue that gets worse as more people in a small area shit in the open. For example, a thousand people shitting in the open sounds pretty bad until you add that they're spread across a thousand square kilometers. One square kilometer per shitting person isn't that shitty. Now put a thousand shitting people in one square kilometer and you have a situation that is a thousand times shittier.
>>
>>53063937
qHD for that cheap, while isn't great, sis still a fuckload better than 320x240.
>>
>>53063233
Took me second
>>
>>53070579

qHD as in quarter HD, not QHD you dumbfuck.

They're not purposefully attempting to mislead people into thinking this is quad HD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_display_resolution#qHD_.28960x540.29
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.