[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >people still use VLC It's just as bad as old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
>2016
>people still use VLC
It's just as bad as old people buying shit from Best Buy
>>
it just works
>>
>>53053783
you're right. We should all be using windows media player
>>
back to /a/ you fuckin weeb
>>
Can you explain why VLC is bad? It does exactly what I need it to do.
>>
>>53053783
What's wrong with VLC? It supports almost every single video format without having to tinker with things. What do you suggest? Windows built in media player?
>>
>>53053842
>UPDATING FONT CACHE, PLEASE WAIT
>Ugly ass UI that was an embarrassment 5 years ago and is only aging more
>>
>>53053870
MPV/mplayer
>>
>>53053889
Litterally havent had to do the font cache thing for the last year or so.
>Implying Linuc looks any better than VLC.

I guess you're the kind of guy to hate on Foobar aswell?
>>
Yea, because vlc is the best
>>
>>53053783
WHATS WRONG WITH BEST BUY FAG?
>>
>>53054042
Nothing. Buy beats with your store discount and make some dosh on the side
>>
>>53053889
>caring how a media player looks
>not watching in full screen
>giving a fuck
>>
mpv masterrace.
If you use anything else, you are mentally challenged.
>>
>>53054272
mpv is shit, it doesn't even have a UI

MPC-HC maste race
>>
>>53054300
>needing UI

stick to VLC 2.0 kiddo
>>
File: 1455423439011.jpg (57 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
1455423439011.jpg
57 KB, 500x463
>>53054087
>Beats
nonetheless I have been offered a word on a job at one...
>>
VLC is the best media player I have ever used, and I have used quite a few, on multiple OS configurations.
>>
>>53054510
could you try to be, you know, less obvious?
>>
>>53054617
It's the truth, though.
It runs on linux-based OSes, Windows and plays almost anything out of the box. Plus it's fucking perfect for streaming and that's why I love it.
>>
>>53053783
VLC is superior to any of you linuxcuckware
>>
>rebuilding font cache
>>
>>
>>53055354
I like the aesthetics of the middle one the best.

It's all subjective though. Try not to lose sight of the forest for the trees when selecting technology - colour reproduction is not as big a deal as people make it out to be when it comes to appreciating art.
>>
>>53053783
>using vlc instead of mpv
>but muh gui
mpv has a GUI now. There's no excuse.
>>
Is MPV better than MPC?
>>
>>53055566
Let me reword that.

Is MPV better than MPC+KCP
>>
It just werks
>>
What about QuickTime
>>
>>53053783

but i use cvlc and --vout caca to watch ascii video
>>
>>53053783
but VLC can do video backgrounds.

MPV can't do that shit
>>
>>53053783

yeah. how else am i supposed to watch webm on ipad?
>>
>>53053889
never seen an updating font cache thing. also you know you csn change the way it looks right?
>>
>>53053913
Sure... I'm going to spend 2 hours configuring a media player.
>>
>>53057350
and android, MXPlayer rendering is so disgusting
>>
MPC-HC master race checking in.

I had VLC on my old laptop but decided to skip it on my new computer. I don't see the point in having installed multiple media players when they all do the same shit.
>>
>>53053889
when i watch movies, i dont give two shits about how the player (that i do not even see most of the time because fullscreen) looks. sounds like autism to me.
>>
>>53053783

are you the weeaboo who watches animu in mpv at 1.50 speed?
>>
>>53053828
>>53057704

Honestly these weebs now a days are like little girls with sore pussies. This thread belongs in /a/ with the rest of the elitist princesses fighting over what to watch anime files on. They are all the fucking same.
>>
God I hate weebs, they are the biggest sheep. A handful of vocal faggots say ____ is a good media player, they then all jump on it like brainless niggers. Fuck your chinese cartoons.
>>
File: spyro.png (69 KB, 746x690) Image search: [Google]
spyro.png
69 KB, 746x690
>>53053783
>2016
>not watching all video as animated ascii art
>ishygddt
>>
VLC is good enough for me and it does just what I need. Supports most of the video formats and generally is pretty fast. Haven't had any issues while using it over years now. Why should I care about some other program, I don't need fancy UI because after all functionality > aesthetics. I wouldn't buy a keyboarf which has LEDs with less functionality than that other keyboard with media controls and macros.
>>
>>53053889

>muh it doesn't look cool

Get a second monitor so you can full screen media you absolute pleb.
>>
>>53057838
>functionality > aesthetics
you should be using mpv, then
>>
>>53053783
VLC just works. free and open source. That's all I need. Fuck off
>>
File: 1446066075561.jpg (211 KB, 1511x797) Image search: [Google]
1446066075561.jpg
211 KB, 1511x797
except for streaming, MPC-HC is far better
>>
>>53053889
>>UPDATING FONT CACHE, PLEASE WAIT
Kek, VLC is garbage anyway but this is just fucking ridiculous
>>
>>53057838
>is pretty fast
No, it's slow as fuck. You obviously have never even tried a good media player.
>>
>>53053783
>anno domini 44*(45 + 9/11)
>not using Light Alloy
it's just like you hate yourself
>>
>>53053783
I started using VLC ages ago and have not had problems. It does start a bit slow, but I wait like 5 seconds(or less than 15 if the rare startup crash) and set it to fullscreen and play. If I want audio-only, I just use foobar2000.

Only anime I've really watched is Squid Girl, grabbed from crunchyroll whilst letting the ads run(because I am only somewhat into anime, and so much of it contains things I dislike in one way or another).

I prefer open source if feasible(and VLC is decent, although flawed).

>>53055354
Huh, I always thought it was just about anime subs. What's the best open-source linux and windows one that's as hassle-free as VLC?
>but why not spend an hour configuring
Hassle-free is actually important, BTW:
Even Linus said
>And the thing about an operating system is that you're never ever supposed to see it. Because nobody really uses an operating system; people use programs on their computer.
>>
>>53053889
look at this retard... watching at ui while playing movies. that must be some quality time, provided you have some sick soundtracks for background when you watch the ui.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.