[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you use for your work email? Lastname.firstname@emai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
What do you use for your work email?
[email protected]?
Firstname.lastname?
FLastname?
LFirstname?
>>
[email protected]
>>
cock.li
>>
>>53033551
So dot io?
>>
>>53033673
different one, but yeah best i could do since the .com was taken, and didn't feel like buying it from whoever owns it.
>>
[email protected]
>>
Does it matter how you word your work email? do the employers even care?
>>
Furthermore, is it better to use your name for any email or just a moniker because I've been using my 2001 moniker for work for soo long. And vpn email bundle.
>>
im.not.firstnameL@gmail
>>
>>53033530
[email protected]
>>
firstname-socialsecuritynumber-houseaddress-bankaccountnumber@cock.li
>>
>>53033530
FLastname but not the first letter of my last name because my first name is retarded and counterintuitively spelt.
>>
>>53034441
>not the first letter of my last name
not the first letter of my first name*

Goodnight /g/.
>>
>>53033530
[email protected]
>>
[email protected]

But I'm a bit hesitant to use my own domain for email because of the odds of domain theft and the publication of my name in the whois.
>>
>>53034697
>what is cloudflare
>>
>>53033530
flastname
>>
>>53034717
I have no website connected to this domain. Just email.
I'm more worried about someone social engineering my registrar.
>>
>>53033530
[email protected]
>>
>>53034744
Like this
https://blog.fastmail.com/2014/04/10/when-two-factor-authentication-is-not-enough/
>>
>>53034756
Or this
https://medium.com/@N/how-i-lost-my-50-000-twitter-username-24eb09e026dd#.wl7qa5sx7

These days the human factor is the biggest vulnerability around.
>>
>>53034744
What use would there be in that? I mean I'm not trying to be a dick here, I just don't think it matters. The public registrar is not going to give any info away. Unless the person is either govt or posing as such or has a valid warrant.
>>
[email protected]

>6102
> not owning your name on as many tlds as possible
>>
>>53034788
It's a three letter domain. It has enough value to be attacked.
>>
What do you do when your firstname lastname is taken in email? I don't want to add numbers in, Wouldn't that make it look unprofessional?
>>
firstinitialmiddleinitiallastname@email
>>
File: Screenshot_20160217-084150.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160217-084150.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
[email protected]
>>
>>53034823
Well yeah I suppose this is true. But why would an experienced social engineer take the time for this? There was other motivations for @N in my opinion. I could be wrong but idk it doesn't seem cost-effective.
>>
>>53033530
[email protected]
>>
FirstName.MiddleInital.Lastinitial@(email).com

Do people care if you still use Hotmail? I can't be bothered transferring to outlook.
>>
For my work email?

[email protected]
>>
>>53035154
Transfering to outlook? You can just add an outlook alias and keep your hotmail.
>>
>>53034998
You might be right and perhaps I'm just paranoid.
>>
[email protected]
>>
[email protected]
>>
how do you guys have [email protected]?

Is it a domain or something? Sounds interesting
I currently am using outlook, not sure if that's proffesional.
>>
>>53033530
>for your work email
well... [email protected]
>>
me or first @firstlast.net
>>
>>53035663
company? how terribly generic
>>
>>53033530
Currently in my last year at uni looking for jobs, so no actual work email. I use [email protected]
>>
Lastname.Firstname

One time I had a poo in loo think my first name was my last name because it was at the beginning
>>
>>53035089
>The owner of www.gravy.tv has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.
Haha fag
>>
>>53036482
You just dodged a bullet mate.
>>
[email protected]
>>
>>53033530
>What do you use for your work email?
Whatever scheme my company uses. What kind of retarded question is this?
>>
>>53036492
Eh, I used Tor anyway
>>
>>53036482
>What is self-signed cert?
>>
>>53033530
[email protected]
When did it start being okay to use your actual name online?
>>
>>53033530
If you work in a company, then [email protected]

If you are cool, then [email protected]
>>
File: yIdMM7U.png (6 KB, 522x199) Image search: [Google]
yIdMM7U.png
6 KB, 522x199
>>53036482
I dunno, you tell me
>>
>>53036524
>not using the lets encrypt cert

come on son
>>
>>53036529
It might surprise you, but you can have multiple email addresses.

Work email should look professional. Nobody will work with [email protected]

But yeah, you should also have at least 3 for registration to sites you care about and use temp email accounts for everything else.
>>
>>53036555
>trusting large CAs
You know they sell MITM certs to the NSA, right?
>>
Mine is [email protected]
>>
>>53036598
https://letsencrypt.org/

educate yourself.

if you don't trust them, then you might as well get rid of your computers.
>>
>>53036804
>he doesn't know how X.509 certs work
Here, educate yourself.

Your browser comes automatically trusting a handful of large CAs. Those CAs sign Let's Encrypt's cert, and Let's Encrypt signs your cert. When you use that cert, all browsers that trust the large CAs also trust your site.

But the large CAs sell out to the NSA. So the NSA also get a trusted cert for YOUR site, then MITM your connection, and everyone using a browser that trusts the large CAs also trusts the NSA owning "your" site.
>>
>>53033551
dot codes
>>
>>53033673
>>53036904
fine, it is a xyz domain. shit i know, but don't care.
>>
>>53034368
lastfirst-social-mommaiden-homeaddr-employer encoded in base64
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.