[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready to get cucked out of your job by Chad, Stacy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
Are you ready to get cucked out of your job by Chad, Stacy, and DeAndre?

http://archive.is/JIWWD
>>
That would require people actually be able to program, provided it's not just a "show up to class and pass" class. Judging by the dropout rate of my CS class I don't think it'll succeed.
>>
>Implying that Chad, Stacy, and DeAndre can code for half a shit.
>>
>>52985070
But they can code for half your pay. And that's the point isn't it?
>>
>coding on tablets
>>
>>52985079
Program what? FizzBuzz in JavaScript? CS at these schools will end up just as useless to these kids as foreign language.
>>
>JavaScript
>python

Yeah I'm pretty safe

Who COBOL here?
>>
>>52985175
What's it like knowing your archaic language is archaic?
>>
>>52984822
after being a TA for the intro to CS classes (and this is at one of the better universities), I can tell you right now more than half those kids are going to fail out of it.
>>
>>52985079
They can't though?
They'll probably have the equivalent of or less than the experience gained by a code academy course. Easily regurgitate the material to get a passing grade.

The only people they'll be competing with are tier 1 helpdesk people.
>>
When I was in high school(class of 05) we had a CISCO class.
I never took it.
>>
Not even 80 % of the people who actually study this shit can produce good code,
how the fuck is a high-schooler going to cuck me out of my job (which isn't coding anyway)?
>>
>>52985196

Feels pretty good man. How does it feel to have 1mln pajeets than can code on c++ better than you for half the salary?
>>
Florida trying to push their kids into fields with price competition with India.
Good idea morons.
>>
>>52984822
>Foreign languages
>Programming languages

Teach those idiots to speak English correctly..

>>52985173
This.
>>
File: ayyyy.jpg (195 KB, 545x520) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
195 KB, 545x520
>>52985220
>codeacademy
>understanding concepts
>not just memorizing the lesson only to copy paste the code into the test and move on
>>
>>52985173
I believe 2 things will happen:
1% of them will be genuinely talented and a start a career as dev.
the rest will realize, that coding is hard and when they are grown they will treat their tech-guys with more respect.
>>
>>52984822
because teaching kids a foreign language worked so well
>half the people i took spanish with cheated
>>
File: 1445011727106.jpg (120 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445011727106.jpg
120 KB, 1080x1080
>>52984822
>on an iPad
(chromebooks would be a good choice)
>>
File: dicks.png (79 KB, 404x527) Image search: [Google]
dicks.png
79 KB, 404x527
>>52984822
>>
>>52984822
>JIWWD
>JEWED

I wonder who's behind this.
>>
>>52985774
o fuk thats a picture of me
>>
>>52985220
Exactly this. If simply knowing how to write a shitty javascript program was enough to get a CS related job the field would be flooded. Knowing how to think about solutions to problems is far more important than being a code monkey
>>
>>52984822
Fucking normies think "coding" is just learning a language. kek I think we're fine
>>
>>52986910
It's closer to a language than it is to mathematics.

Prove me wrong, nigger.
>>
>>52984822

>learn coding
>>
>>52985774
>actioninja.jpg
jej
>>
>>52986700
>If simply knowing how to write a shitty javascript program was enough to get a CS related job the field would be flooded.
The field is already flooded in the US though.
>>
>>52985731
Tech.guys are treated with less respect BECAUSE computers are difficult and esoteric. The 'IT guys' are considered a group of warlocks, when something is wrong with the computer (for example when the internet don't work) then it's because some of their dark arts.

when i pushed my computer off the table (the IT guys kept calling it "the monitor" and called the box "the computer", LOL) they said it could not be fixed, they refused to fix it. And then they made the computer smaller, you know how I know it was the same computer? Because when they plugged the computer into the box it had everything that usually was on the computer. It was just smaller. I am frightened that they will make me smaller one day due to their technical knowhow. best if I never had to have anything to do with them and I don't want people to become friends with them so I can avoid them so I often make up rumors about them.
>>
>>52987126
>that second part
where the fuck did you even find that/make that shit up
>>
File: 1419435890097.png (210 KB, 548x294) Image search: [Google]
1419435890097.png
210 KB, 548x294
>>52984822
>having a job
>>
So lets teach kids something that will probably be useless in their everyday life? Good idea Florida. At least learning another language can be useful at some point in your life.
>>
>>52987135
A little bit of truth (people insisting that the monitor is the computer and the computer tower is "the box" and has nothing really to do with their computer. And being very suspicious if the other "computer" contains the exact same thing and have trouble believing when you claim it's because everything is in "the box") and some assumptions (that they make up rumors because they want to avoid people making friends with the tech guys so they can avoid being deleted or what ever magical powers they think tech guys have.)
>>
>>52984822

I saw this on Reddit and it pissed me off, but not enough to actually log in and comment.

Anyone who promotes programming languages as a substitute for foreign spoken languages if a FUCKING IDIOT who doesn't understand either.

This is *bullshit* being pushed by:

1) Educational material shills.
2) Fucktard school admins who want to put "forward thinking" systems on their resume.
3) Fucktard politicians who want to look like they're with it.
4) BigCo that wants an endless supply of drones to integrate web APIs for minimum wage.

That's about it. Computer Science is babby mathematics. Software Engineering is about professional, competent software creation. Programming is about making a computer do things. None of these things have anything whatsoever to do with learning foreign languages.

Source: software engineer for, I dunno, 15 years, who speaks (at least moderately) three languages.
>>
>>52984822
>coding
Jesus
fuck
it's programming
reeeee
>>
>>52987249

By the way, young people, tell me, what is computer education like in schools today?

I took a basic computer class in 7th or 8th grade. We wrote programs on the Apple IIe. IIRC, before you could take the computer/programming class, you had to take the typing class. Our teacher made us write out -- by hand -- all of our programs before we were allowed to enter them into the computer. To this day, I think that's stupid, but whatevs, people 20+ years older than me thought it was a waste of time to let the compiler debug for you. Maybe that was true when you're talking about a time-shared mainframe where you pay by the minute.

In high school, a new teacher came along when I was in 10th grade. He taught full-blown computer science. I ended up taking the AP tests. 4/5 on the first, 5/5 on the second. They were of absolutely zero value at any school I attended (community college for one depressing year, then a local state school for the rest) because "we don't use Pascal". Nevermind that it was COMPUTER SCIENCE (algorithms + data structures), not the fucking 'tard language of the day.

Oh, and BTW, I learned to touch-type proficiently in 9th or 10th grade. I was the last year that used the IBM Selectric typewriters (the ones with the sphere of letters).

Anyway, what's it look like these days?
>>
>>52987278
C O D I N G
>>
>>52985623
>tfw in school to be an English teacher
Oh lord I hope I can find a job in a white area
>>
>>52987309
In grade school I remember learning how to use Windows and Word. We also learned how to use the internet by going to websites that were written down for us.
In middle school, I had a typing class to improve my typing speed and we were taught Powerpoint and Excel.
For my first two years of high school we used Microsoft word, powerpoint, and excel to do assignments, but in 11th grade they started using Google Drive for everything and I did everything on there because I didn't know any better.

Now, the school that I went to gave all Freshman and all upcoming Freshman a chromebook to do assignments on. It's a fucking travesty IMO.
>>
>>52987392
Oh, and I graduated in 2014
>>
>>52985196
>implying cobol programmers arent making bank because of banks
>>
so what are they gonna start doing the whole "everyone can be a programmer" shtick

come the fuck on, everyone knows that's not true
>>
First, they took the arts. Now, they take the STEM fields. This is only the beginning.
>>
>>52987473
They'll try, but subhumans can't comprehend simple logic, so it'll just fall flat on its face.
>>
>>52985667
>Not using code acad for code reference then learning terminology from other resources.

>Retard people
>Reading easy resources
>Complains that it teaches nothing
>Never compares two snippets to one resource

Do you learn maths from one book and one book only, or 2 or more? apply this to everyone. Nothing will teach you everything.
>>
>>52987392
>they started using Google Drive for everything

Heh. That's probably really nice for the teachers, but the kids don't learn any meaningful skills.

Then again, in 2016, I guess traditional word processing skills are virtually useless.
>>
>>52984822
Kek all this will do is make interviews more expensive for the employer since they now need to test hundreds of candidates just to find those who can actually do more than fizzbuzz
>>
>>52984822
>coding
>on a fucking ipad?
Kids these days...
ios == fisher price os
>>
>>52986928
Say "what is your name" in ARM.
>>
>>52988857
>what is context
>>
File: 1439042207158.jpg (110 KB, 554x680) Image search: [Google]
1439042207158.jpg
110 KB, 554x680
>>52984822
>mfw this is how the world is
>people thinking programming languages and national languages are exchangable
I can't wait to see what kind of shithole of a world we're gonna have in about 30 years.
>>
>>52984822
I wish they did this at my school I have about 4 years of spanish including uni and don't remember shit about it
>>
>>52984822
>foreign language or computer language
do both things, fucking lazy shitskins
>>
Most jobs require one to know at least 2 languages.
If anything, this lets people choose their favorite language and learn it on their own pace, which is more effective than forced classes with limited choice in foreign languages. And they will need to learn it by taking on a private course no matter what, as they can't do shit without a 2nd language, or more.
It's good to substitute it with basic programming in school.
>>
>>52984822
Im black and this shit just bothers me. Coding is not like learning how to use a computer. Its tedious and not for everyone. Furthermore, whats the benefit of practically everyone having experience with coding? How is that going to make the world a better place? Allow people to find their own paths. This meme is just a misplaced humanitarian gesture.
>>
>>52987126
What in the fuck are you talking about? Seek help man.
>>
>>52987205
dude.
>>
>>52991603
Well nigger jigaboo melonbelly,
coding by learning a whole fucking language is indeed useless.
But coding in terms of studying the languages that exist in a general manner, learning some basics about how programs work, the different types of programs, using code to portray how websites are built and what security is in terms of code.
It does help for the time everyone is fucking connected, and for when someone has a need to learn some coding which is helped by having a general outline on what languages to seek and what to learn.

It's in the same manner a college fag who has forgotten all of the math from highschool can take a month to re-learn everything that previously needed 4 years or so,
because he has an outline already in his head on what each segment of math connects to and what to prioritize based on a table of contents in his brain so to speak.
>>
>>52991694
> mention Im black
> racial slurs immediately thrown

Your post was shit btw.
>>
>>52991748
>Your post was shit btw.
Thanks. I tried to make it look like your skin, and i made great success.
>>
>>52991694
>Tech.guys are treated with less respect BECAUSE computers are difficult and esoteric. The 'IT guys' are considered a group of warlocks, when something is wrong with the computer (for example when the internet don't work) then it's because some of their dark arts.
>when i pushed my computer off the table (the IT guys kept calling it "the monitor" and called the box "the computer", LOL) they said it could not be fixed, they refused to fix it. And then they made the computer smaller, you know how I know it was the same computer? Because when they plugged the computer into the box it had everything that usually was on the computer. It was just smaller. I am frightened that they will make me smaller one day due to their technical knowhow. best if I never had to have anything to do with them and I don't want people to become friends with them so I can avoid them so I often make up rumors about them.

Im also guessing you were this idiot.
>>
>>52991776
You are guessing incorrectly.
>>
>>52991771
You win man. Not going to stoop to your level.
>>
>>52991804
Hey, i'm not the one who had the urge to stuff my skin color into a reply.
You make your bed, you lie in it. Also, return those bikes to their owner m8. Stealing transportation means from other people ain't cool.
>>
>Learn to code
What the fuck is this supposed to mean?
You don't just learn a programming language. You must get a grasp on formal logic, architecture, and technology.
>>
>>52984822
Why not both?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.