[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /g/'s worst nightmare?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 33
File: 1454960029137g.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1454960029137g.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
What is /g/'s worst nightmare?
>>
>>52981264
A non tech related by post that contains a fucked up retard posting fucked up looking images, while asking what is /g/'s worst nightmare?
>>
>>52981264
botnet
>>
File: parveen gupta.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
parveen gupta.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>52981264
The loo
>>
>>52981264
An OS that spies on you, shows ads to you, is closed source...

Oh, wait.
>>
>>52981264
Windows 10
>>
>>52981264
Losing contact with
>>
>>52981264
waking up and finding a weaboo like you in bed with me
>>
>>52981264
consumerist tech posts and off topic posts

kinda like yours, OP
>>
>>52981264
When someone uses HW/SW I do not like
>>
facebook exposing my searches
>>
Not finding a job when I get out of college. Not having a qt Korean wife in 10 years
>>
RFID Chips in ID Cards
>>
File: 81NvrqLZDUL._SX425_.jpg (22 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
81NvrqLZDUL._SX425_.jpg
22 KB, 425x319
>>52981264
Forgot to put this
>>
>>52981264
browsing threads i've never seen and seeing (you)'s
>>
Data loss
Getting outed as a lolicon
>>
>>52981264
Data loss. Yes I'm lazy with backups.
>>
>>52981475
>getting outed as a lolicon
Locked and served, enjoy your 10 years, sick fuck
>>
>>52981264
Finding out how many hours i waste on /g/
>>
Getting outed for my political views
>>
>>52981264
Chimpanzee ripping my face and arms off.
>>
Download nightmare on a slow internet.

Slow internet connection, use MediaCreationTool to download Windows 10 to my USB drive (more than 6 hours). Lightning storm happens, so my electricity was cut off by the safety device that detect sudden surge in voltage. When I restart windows, everything is reset to zero, I need to redownload everything. The last few hours that I spent downloading is wasted.

If Microsoft add resume feature to MediaCreationTool I could save these few hours of download and not restart from beginning.
>>
File: shitpost.jpg (96 KB, 640x483) Image search: [Google]
shitpost.jpg
96 KB, 640x483
That someone is watching everything I do on my PC.
>>
That the second half of my twenties will pass away just like the first, browsing sites like this and dreaming of actually doing something but not knowing why I'm not just doing it.
>>
>>52981264
Waking up with Linux on my machine.
>>
>>52981628
anon there is something you should know..
>>
>>52981412
Google.
>>
A human based root kit designed by the government to monitor people personally.

>YFW can't clean install human O.S.
>>
File: 1453846350489.png (332 KB, 530x345) Image search: [Google]
1453846350489.png
332 KB, 530x345
The continuation of the balkanization and ruination of the internet due to authoritarian sjw-tyrants, government subversives and corporate merchants. I still have mixed feelings about something like Brendan Eich's new browser Brave because, if successful, it sets a precedent for effectively making future browsing of the internet as shit as playing any modern console or pc game - dlc charges slapped-on absolutely everything. What's that? You want to go one link deeper? That will be .003btc please. Want to watch this related video? That will be .04btc thank you very much.

Fuck. I have a cold sweat just thinking about it.
>>
>>52981264
Torture, diseases and death I guess.
>>
>>52981722
?
>>
File: indija1.png (925 KB, 1294x1230) Image search: [Google]
indija1.png
925 KB, 1294x1230
>>52981286
>>
File: 1437456132138.jpg (32 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1437456132138.jpg
32 KB, 300x375
A man made synthetic/biological agent more lethal and contagious than the black plague being released accidentally/intentionally in the public. It could lie dormant in our bodies for months while it infects everyone and then causes rapid deaths. By the time we find out it even exists it will be too late and more variants of it might be released to target those who have developed immunity against.

We would all fucking die and be completely powerless to stop it.
>>
My skills in IT becoming irrelevant.
>>
>>52982160
Thanks. This is helping me with my anxiety!
Better pop another pill now
>>
>>52981296
>shows ads to you
Where does this meme come from? There are no ads in win10. I understand the telemetry thing, but people claiming ads are retards that never actually used and and have no clue what they're talking about.
>>
File: 1402324037537.jpg (6 KB, 244x238) Image search: [Google]
1402324037537.jpg
6 KB, 244x238
>>52982160

Just wait until Zika hits Africa and then it mutates with both ebola AND the new drug-resistant aids virus. Wew, what a time to be alive!
>>
>>52982234
Windows advertises Microsoft office and candy crush in it's start menu.
>>
File: windows8-desktop[1].jpg (29 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
windows8-desktop[1].jpg
29 KB, 620x400
>>52981966
>windows 8
>no freely resizable/movable windows
>>
>>52982234

Windows 10 is effectively like all mobile OSes. You're tracked out the ass by the system itself in order for the company to sell your info to the highest bidder. You see ads targeted towards you in the browser.
>>
That microsoft decides to upgrade my windows 7 to 10. With updates disabled.
>>
>>52982292

>implying i made the original image
>>
That I'll still be posting here when I'm like 35 or something.
>>
"SJWs! Internet getting mainstream! Touch interfaces! tech is too good now!"

Aha, no. These are all flesh wounds forgotten about 10 minutes later when compared to something that makes /g/'s piss boil so hard it comes out as steam as it would pedal a steam powered bike through a raining night after a jet aircraft over two continents.

/g/'s worst nightmare is sitting in a room full of children who are going through a huge box full of old shitty 80s and 90s tech and hearing them comment about how shitty it is.

It's also worth noting that adding to the nightmare it would make it worse if /g/ was behind a glass screen and tied down, so it couldn't scream at them. Keep in mind that paradoxically, if there was no glass and /g/ was allowed to move and scream back freely, it would choose not to out of its own free will thinking it was being smugly superior by not saying anything.
>>
>>52981264

Affordable Macs.
>>
File: 1275655238168.jpg (29 KB, 299x303) Image search: [Google]
1275655238168.jpg
29 KB, 299x303
>>52982365

What a loquaciously vapid and pointless post. Your posting privileges have been revoked.
>>
>>52982273
Ok, I guess the "get office" and "get skype" apps could be considered advertising of their other products. But you can easily unpin and/or uninstall those in a couple seconds.
Candy Crush isn't advertised, it's preinstalled (just like on 7 games like chess, minesweeper and solitaire are preinstalled). How is that any different. In fact, it's even easier to uninstall Candy Crush right from the start menu than on 7 to go to control panel > programs > programs and features > install or uninstall windows components, and turn off the games (which doesn't even uninstall them, they still take up space on the hard drive).

>>52982293
>You're tracked out the ass by the system itself in order for the company to sell your info to the highest bidder.
That's a conspiracy theory. You're tracked to hell on Edge and Cortana by using Bing, just like you're tracked to hell by using Google on Chrome, or using Google/Bing/Yahoo on Firefox. You're not tracked on the OS, you retard.
>You see ads targeted towards you in the browser.
Seriously, are you retarded? Edge doesn't override other ad networks to show bing ads. If you go to a site that used Google AdSense, you're still seeing Google ads. If you go to Amazon, you see Amazon ads. If you go to Facebook, you see Facebook ads.
Seriously, get out of here. You can't be on the technology board without having basic knowledge of how technology works.
>>
>>52981475
Hey, those are my fears too!
Are you me?
>>
>>52982327
didn't mean to imply that, but whoever made the image is a clueless idiot
>>
>>52981264
OP making another dog shit thread.
>>
>>52982471
>That's a conspiracy theory. You're tracked to hell on Edge and Cortana by using Bing
>You're not tracked on the OS, you retard.

Well, retard, what operating system does Edge and Cortana come preinstalled on? Well, which is it, moron? I'm waiting.

>Edge doesn't override other ad networks to show bing ads. If you go to a site that used Google AdSense, you're still seeing Google ads. If you go to Amazon, you see Amazon ads. If you go to Facebook, you see Facebook ads.
Seriously, get out of here. You can't be on the technology board without having basic knowledge of how technology works.

Well, you monumental museum-grade fucking spastic, I never said nor implied Edge overrides any ad networks did I? Can you not read you fucking burger-flipper? What do you think data-harvesting companies do?

Stupid turd. Take some of your own advice - fuck off and don't come back.
>>
/g/'s other furious nightmare, and also at the very same time most lucid dream, is to actually be allowed to write software.

At some point in time /g/ would be asked to write software to help or improve or change something that is already there and making money. It will of course be in some mainstream language and in some mainstream license or a commercial one.

It is /g/'s nightmare to be asked to actually write any software or any thing, instead of engaging in shitty smelly arguments over politics. This would turn into a vicious cycle where it would be a high to sperg to your boss about how everything they are doing is wrong, and a low to get the inevitable "I don't really give a fuck, make it work and make us money please" e-mail, another high to regurgitate all the FSF garbage verbatim right in the middle of meetings, another low when they zone out and don't care or just get up and leave, etc.

Just in case they actually allowed this in the case of /g/ fooling them with their games, or just not knowing any better for example if they hired /g/ as the head of the department, it is /g/'s double dog dare nightmare to actually be free to write the software in any way they choose. You can billow out a hello world into 1,000 lines if you want and within a few weeks even the most simple tasks will have been exploded a billion trillion times out of proportion using dead hipster 80s coding languages and standards. The project will consume itself turning into some kind of klein bottle as they reinvent every single component of things that already work and if /g/ was allowed to continue the project for 100 years it would not be even 1% complete. In summary, /g/'s worst nightmare is to exist
>>
>>52982569
>Well, retard, what operating system does Edge and Cortana come preinstalled on? Well, which is it, moron? I'm waiting.
What? The OS itself doesn't track you, you fucking retard. Bing only tracks you if you use it by opening Edge or Cortana and search for stuff through Bing. You don't open Edge or Cortana to make searches on Bing, Bing has nothing to track, you mongoloid.
What I mean is that those idiots that keep saying Windows 10 reads the contents of your hard drive and sends it all to Microsoft are retards and should kill themselves (and if you believe this, then so should you).

>I never said nor implied Edge overrides any ad networks did I?
>"You see ads targeted towards you in the browser."
I literally quoted you saying exactly that on my previous post.
No, you do not get targeted ads on the browser spontaneously. You get targeted ads if you go to a website that uses MS's ad network. If you don't go to sites that use MS's ad network, you'll never see a MS targeted ad. Exactly like Google's network. exactly like Amazon's network. Exactly like Facebook's network.
But you do not get ads on the browser itself (as in, outside the normal ad networks that sites normally use), you idiot.
>>
>>52981264
wake up
>>
>>52982776

>What? The OS itself doesn't track you<SNIP>

Just completely never answered my question you fucking mong. You chose to ignore it because you know you fucked up and jumped to conclusions, didn't you? I'll tell you since you're about as smart as dogshit - Edge and Cortana come installed as part of Windows 10 - they are practically part of the operating system - they will harvest information, which, according to Microsoft's EULA, will send information back to Microsoft for them to do with as they please. Clear enough?

>"You see ads targeted towards you in the browser"
>I literally quoted you saying exactly that on my previous post.

Yes, which means any browser, including Edge, that you can access the internet through which is capable of displaying ads. You jumped to another conclusion because you're not very bright and suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect.

>But you do not get ads on the browser itself (as in, outside the normal ad networks that sites normally use), you idiot.

I never said this either. Show me verbatim where I said that - you can't. You are a real special kind of retard to not shut up right this instant but instead keep on digging that hole bigger. I feel pity for those that can't own up to their own mistakes - it shows your insecurity and inadequacy.
>>
>>52982160
Such agent is more likely to kill some thousand people in a 3rd world country. Of course media everywhere else will make a circus of misinformation around it.

With modern medicine a black plague or a Spanish flu just can't happen, m8.
>>
File: 1455319364036.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455319364036.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>52982068
>>
myself
>>
File: 1451947117627.jpg (41 KB, 394x353) Image search: [Google]
1451947117627.jpg
41 KB, 394x353
>>52982995
>With modern medicine a black plague or a Spanish flu just can't happen, m8.
Because most are immune to it. He was talking about a man made deadly agent. I'm pretty sure the ones who could make it won't just take black plague DNA, scramble it a little and call it a day. We have made fucking hydrogen bombs capable of wiping out entire countries with a single nuke, remember that.
>>
>By default Windows 10 Home is allowed to control your bandwidth usage, install any software it wants whenever it wants (without providing detailed information on what these updates do), display ads in the Start Menu (currently it has been limited to app advertisements), send your hardware details and any changes you make to Microsoft and even log your browser history and keystrokes which the Windows End User Licence Agreement (EULA) states you allow Microsoft to use for analysis.
>even log your browser history and keystrokes which the Windows End User Licence Agreement (EULA) states you allow Microsoft to use for analysis.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#11218dc42f4a

>Microsoft uses the data we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the services we offer, (2) to send communications, including promotional communications, and (3) to display advertising.

And:

>Advertising. Many of our services are supported by advertising. We use the data we collect to help select the ads Microsoft delivers - whether on our own services or on services offered by third parties. The ads we select may be based on your current location, search query, or the content you are viewing. Other ads are targeted based on your likely interests or other information that we learn about you over time using demographic data, search queries, interests and favorites, usage data, and location data - which we refer to as "interest-based advertising" in this statement

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/

But apparently you can "Opt-out".
>>
>>52983172
Should the common cold ever decide to somehow mutate in a deadly way we're done.
>>
>>52981264
Trump elected just for some faggot's lolz
>>
>>52983215
>But apparently you can "Opt-out".

Somewhat. And only on a corporate licence if I recall right.
>>
File: 1409902240171.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1409902240171.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>>52981264
>segmentation fault on a 300k line of code project
>>
>>52981264
>>52981264

applel macs becoming >50% market share
>>
File: Firefox-Wallpapers-.jpg (376 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Firefox-Wallpapers-.jpg
376 KB, 1600x1200
>>52981264
firefox becoming botnet. its already on the way. guess its like knowing a family member is dying before they finally kick it.
>>
File: 1455303472032.png (145 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1455303472032.png
145 KB, 500x281
>>52981286
kek'd
>>
>>52982926
>Edge and Cortana come installed as part of Windows 10 - they are practically part of the operating system
Wrong. Both are standalone applications.
Windows is not one 10 GB .exe file, you retard.
>they will harvest information
They (or any software, for that matter) can't harvest anything when they are not running, you retard.
>which, according to Microsoft's EULA, will send information back to Microsoft for them to do with as they please
No, it does not say that. You don't even know what you're talking about to begin with, there is no "Microsoft EULA". There's one EULA for Windows, and another for a Microsoft account. The Windows EULA says nothing about passively harvesting information about things you do on the OS (like handling files or running third-part programs). The MS account EULA, which covers cloud applications like OneDrive and Cortana, is essentially the same as the ones for Google and Apple accounts, for example. And again, that part has literally nothing to do with the rest of the OS. (which is where those retards took the section regarding OneDrive where they say MS is sent the content of the files, obviously because they keep it on their servers, and ran with that as if it mean literally any file that is in your HDD)

>"You jumped to another conclusion because you're not very bright and suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect."
>"You are not very smart, but I am very smart. Look guise, look how smart I am"

>"Show me verbatim where I said that"
>"There is no such thing as verbal implications, the entire spectrum of human communication consists only of literal word-for-word interpretation of sentences"
>proceeds to say the expression "but instead keep on digging that hole bigger"
You implied it, regardless of whether it was intentional or not.
Or if you want to argue that, then show me where is this literal hole I was aledgedly digging.
>>
File: 1273100962618.png (824 KB, 753x755) Image search: [Google]
1273100962618.png
824 KB, 753x755
>pic related
>>
>>52983305
Easy if you're not an idiot using a command line text editor.
>>
>>52983215
>and even log your browser history and keystrokes
Oh, just like Android then?
Fearmongers are getting more retarded each passing day.
>>
>>52983429
this tbqh familia
>>
>>52983427

I'm guessing at this point you are trolling, but I will point out your lies just for my own amusement.

>Wrong. Both are standalone applications.

No. Wrong. Both are part of Windows 10 from a fresh install.

>They (or any software, for that matter) can't harvest anything when they are not running, you retard.

You're arguing with yourself here. I even congratulate you own calling yourself a retard.

>You are not very smart, but I am very smart. Look guise, look how smart I am

Not intended nor implied. Do you see how you project your own insecurities onto others? Don't go all tu quoque now. That would be predictable.

>You implied it, regardless of whether it was intentional or not.

Nope. You jump to conclusions and then attack because you're damaged.

>Or if you want to argue that, then show me where is this literal hole I was aledgedly digging.

Nope. Answer my question honestly related to my first post which you attacked and then acknowledge I am right. You can't because you are wrong. You try to argue everything but my original point because you aren't intellectually honest enough.

Plus >>52983215

Get bent, moron.
>>
>>52983172
Turn your tripcode back on coward
>>
>>52983585
What?
>>
File: 1399421996391.png (90 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1399421996391.png
90 KB, 300x240
>>52981264

I'm living my worst nightmare /g/ check it out

Going from someone who could barely figure out how to install a graphics card into pre-made computer to having an associates degree in networking, an A+, my CCNA, and Net+.

All the time during college grinding through a user-support networking job and climbing up the ladder in order to support me and my girlfriend going to school. I lifted 3 days a week to look good, I'm not making decent money, she's almost finished her degree to be a nurse but the ungrateful bitch goes and smokes weed with her friends while I'm working hard even though she quit so she could find a job.

I come home on MY lunch break and she asks me to make her lunch and then asks me to troubleshoot her damn printer. Stressed at work, stressed at home. It never ends, 26yrs old now and at this rate the stress will kill me by 35.
>>
File: 1448399463012.jpg (56 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1448399463012.jpg
56 KB, 640x800
Personally mine is this:

>go drinking with friends
>get blackout drunk
>wake up hungover as fuck the next day with hundreds of missed calls, texts, etc.
>Facebook notification
>"Congratulations, you successfully added 1,362 photos to your new album "4chan Pics!"
>mfw
>>
>>52983742
why do you accept her bullshit?
>>
>>52983891
Funny, shes high and playing video games instead of doing homework (her only responsibility).

We've been together for a long time and there was once upon a time when she supported me for a couple months in a time of need. While in college too her family was very helpful.

I really don't want to leave her or kick her out. I just want her to pull some more weight.
>>
>>52981264
Linux being userfriendly and normies starting to use it.
>>
Living my nightmare too
>working with most basic software creation
>can't get fired for incompetence cause its gov work

dont have the balls to quit cause its 2 gud
>>
My cheap chink electronics ignite and burn down my house with me inside.
>>
>Your team inherits a 100,000 lines of code Java project from India and now you have to clean it up

>Everything is in one class
>>
>>52984061
Never change
>>
File: sad_picture.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sad_picture.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>52981264
> wake up
> now I work in a startup
> boss is a "designer" and wants me to make amazing websites using Adobe Muse and HTML5 games.

wew lad
WAKE ME UP
>>
>streaming
>get swatted
>they shoot my dog
or if nvidia lives up their meme and burns down my house.
>>
>>52981264
>waking up to windows 10 installed on my pc
>backup drives getting destoryed
>data loss
>yahoo mail ever ending
>google ever dieing
>aol ever dieing
>>
>>52984243
Better start looking for another job
>>
>>52984383
Stream with your dog beside you and quickly lock him in a crate when you hear the door break down desu

Or just use something that isn't Skype.
>>
Time travel
>>
That cispa is gonna be used to nail anyone who has ever torrented anything
>>
Love Live Sunshine gets cancelled
>>
Cryptolocker.
Cousin stayed the night a month ago and wanted some movies from my media server. All gone, 10TB of it.

Yes, I understand it was my fault for not taking precautions and keeping off-network backup, but I had just bought 2x 4TB Reds the week before for exactly that and hadn't got around to it yet. I am now going full guest-autism on it next time.
>>
>>52981264
School blocking 4chan :(
>>
>>52986572
Stick the reds in an encrypted 2 Bay NAS with a Linux based OS and do backups to your old drives. There is NAS software that allows you to configure easy backups by only plugging in an external hard drive. Store backups off site to avoid RL ransomware
>>
File: grrrrr.png (664 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
grrrrr.png
664 KB, 1280x720
>the "cloud everything" meme really takes off
>Apple, Google, Microsoft, and other vendors all release hardware that's basically a thin client to connect to a virtual desktop in the cloud
>users have no privacy, everything is subscription based
>normies eat it up because computers are hard
>a positive feedback loop of fewer sales, less new development, and higher unit prices kill the consumer hardware market
>the server hardware market focuses entirely on the large enterprise, offering little to nothing within the price range of average /g/ents
>few to no choices but one of these thin clients, which are designed to be difficult or impossible to root and install your own OS
>>
>>52981264
installing gentoo
>>
Dying a virgin.

I'm not even fat or ugly, just quiet and slightly awkward.
>>
>>52986864
Thanks. Bookmarking a couple tutorials and shit now.
>>
CATHETER
IN
URETHRA
>>
Having my fetishes exposed to people I know.
>>
Adblock
>>
>>52986959
This familia
>>
I have two worst nightmares, wew.

The first is data loss of critical data, despite backups and redundancies.

The second is if AMD fucks up ZEN and we'll suck jewtel's CPU cockmongling penis forever...
>>
>>52987165
you like scat?
>>
>>52986959
If that happens ill keep shitposting from my P4 senpai
>>
to live in India
>>
>>52981264
Connection issues in the middle of my wank session.
>>
To be tortured to death after my family is tortured to death, then it all posted on a webm for a 4chan gore thread.
>>
>>52982365
Underrated post
>>
>>52981264
Heart attack in the middle of fapping with all the tabs open. All of them.

The family rushes in, sees it all, paramedics come, they see it all, and you survive.
>>
>>52982234
Yes there are.
>>
File: 1445129581043.png (464 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
1445129581043.png
464 KB, 1275x1650
>>52984024
you gotta bring that up with her man. don't just let it fester in you. bring it up or kick her out. one way or another, don't make yourself the worse for not choosing.
>>
To have something to lose.
>>
File: 10636011.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
10636011.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
my family finding all my furry porn

advertisements on/in things i pay money for

interaction with police

zionists
>>
>>52981264
Technology related board filled with autistic fedora wearing neckbeard anime loving fucks claiming that it's technology related
>>
File: c7f.gif (1 MB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
c7f.gif
1 MB, 500x425
>>52988424
It is!
>>
File: fuckmen.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fuckmen.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>52981264
>What is /g/'s worst nightmare?

Falling for the marriage scam,
getting divorced and having to pay for my ex wife bringing up Jamal's kids.
>>
>>52982234
>There are no ads in win10
the only reason you'd be thinking of windows 10 here is because you know that what anon said is true in windows 10.
>>
>>52981700
Fuck man, i feel you
>>
>>52981628
Don't worry.
>>
>>52983172
such a weapon exists already. russia engineered an ebola - smallpox hybrid back in the '80s
>>
>>52981264
grills
>>
File: 1448237599666.jpg (32 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448237599666.jpg
32 KB, 640x640
That every stupid fucker will get a programming job till i graduate and no job offers will be left for me
>>
>>52989481
but that happened 5 years ago m8.
>>
>>52982569
>>52982776
Holy shit I'm laughing what a fucking spastic.
>>
>>52989501
no it didnt
>>
>>52982627

Kudos. Well argued my friend.
>>
>>52981296

My worst nightmare is having to install that in order to play vidya on a superior platform. It's so wrong that you buy a product and you're still spied, you're still sold for advertisers. Fuck microshit to hell.
>>
>>52989481
>job offers
>>
>>52989801
what?
>>
>>52986959
This is the only legitimate fear in this thread. I dread of such a future.
>>
Running into an error and not being able to find a solution on StackExchange.
>>
1GBPS internet with a 300GB data cap
>>
>>52981264
I keep feeling like I do and achieving nothing and then kill myself drunk and alone.
>>
File: 1446902533760.gif (602 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1446902533760.gif
602 KB, 500x370
>>52989481
mate the golden age for easy it jobs was the 90's, it's been and gone years ago. every autist and his mum has a cs degree, since they play videogames and realised 'omg computers are my calling' because they got praised as a genius for knowing what a fucking hard drive was.
>>
>>52981264
Leaving the basement
>>
>>52981264
ISPs with 150GB datacaps being the only option.
>>
>>52986959
Holy fuck, this. I was just thinking about this on my walk home. I would rather kill myself if this happened.
>>
>>52983427
>Wrong. Both are standalone applications.
>Windows is not one 10 GB .exe file, you retard.
Operating system is a collection of software. It doesn't have to be one .exe. Whatever comes preinstalled is technically part of the operating system.
>>
>>52989912
I used to be a "genius" when I was a kid because I could reinstall Windows XP every time it got cucked.

Good times.
>>
>>52981264
can't understand programming
>>
>>52986959
It's already happening anon. Just enjoy the few remaining years that we have left. Not even being fatalistic, it's the fucking truth.
>>
>>52981412
Cutting myself with this.

Or losing data and my backup doesn't work.

Neither my backup of my backup.
>>
Microsoft Linux.
>>
File: carlos002.jpg (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
carlos002.jpg
86 KB, 400x400
>>52990345
>Microsoft Linux.
Ubuntu?
>>
>>52990357
No. They, in fact, have their own distro for switches, but I'm talking about them obtaining all rights for a kernel.
>>
>>52981264
SWAT team kicking down my door
>>
That my kid may be born with microcephaly
>>
>>52982160
This makes me wonder if the zika virus out right now was man made.
>>
>>52981264
Dead phone battery?
Power supply dies with no backup?
hard drive crash with no backup?
Meeting a girl in real life?
>>
File: niggayoudontunderstand.jpg (236 KB, 782x720) Image search: [Google]
niggayoudontunderstand.jpg
236 KB, 782x720
>>52990408
>if
>>
>>52990402
As long as you're not a spic I don't think you have to worry about that too much. The zika virus is only affects central and south america.
>>
>>52990345
Microsoft did work on a Linux operating system but dropped it.
>>
File: 1448385581214.jpg (198 KB, 774x1033) Image search: [Google]
1448385581214.jpg
198 KB, 774x1033
>>52990054
I have a secret I haven't told anyone.

I have never installed an OS.

I'm still using XP that was installed around 2005.

I'm good at not fucking shit up mayne
>>
File: clss[1].png (322 KB, 595x461) Image search: [Google]
clss[1].png
322 KB, 595x461
>your worse nightmare
>>
>>52981264
Going outside.
>>
>>52990479
My worst nightmare is I would be stupid enough to fall for one of those...
(I did have it happen at work though, I blocked all zip and exe files after it happened...)
>>
>>52981317
underrated
>>
>>52990590
worst thing is that at work it spreads through network shares

so you're fucked because Lynda from accounting clicked on a random email
>>
>>52990479
Also this.
>>52990590
Imagine if your parents would.
> But anon, what about our photos? Are they lost now?
>>
>>52990602
Yeah, we use old ERP software mix that with not the brightest users, so we have multiple drives mapped, so we lost our Shared drive, and out ERP database... All because a sales guy clicked the most obvious link ever... (unknown customer, email address, and website, unknown fax or voicemail attachment... with exe extension... there were so many warning flags...)
>>
>>52990608
My dad basically taught me computers, however my mom might click on it if they said you get free farmville stuff or whatever she plays now...
>>
Knowing that spending countless hours on my computer and learning about programming, networking and technology related stuff will never fill the void and loneliness in my life, it's just a temporary fixation. I constantly have to tell myself that my life is fulfilling but in reality, deep down inside, I feel that it's not. I love my family, my parents are getting old and it seems like I can only be truly happy thinking about the past. I remember my father buying me NES, SNES, PS1, a Pentium 1 computer, then a newer Pentium 2 even though we weren't a really wealthy family (progressively bought obviously), so that my brother and I would be happy and because he felt that technology was the future and we would benefit from it. I pretend to be happy around my family because I know it makes them happy to see me happy, I fear that when my parents die I'll have nothing to live for, I'll be even more empty than I am now. I have a girlfriend but it feels void, we fuck all the time and tell each other we love each other but it feels so fuckin empty. I wake up, go to work, afterwards see my girlfriend, fuck, work out, go on my computer, sleep, repeat. On the weekend, I either spend time with my family or girlfriend. Repeat. It's repetitive. I have a place of my own, a vehicle, and enough to provide for myself and my girlfriend. It all feels empty and repetitive. I know feel really joy when I think about the past, and when I see my parents happy, but they are getting old and will be leaving me soon. I know all that I can do is make them happy until the fact but fuck, everything feels so empty. I'm grateful to my father that he paved the way for my career in getting me introduced to computers early, but he's leaving soon. My fear is that when my parents are gone, I'll feel even more fuckin empty, and even more void. Shit's fuckin pointless. Shit's fuckin temporary. Fuck you, fuck the world, and fuck computers. We're fuckin slaves to society you empty mother fuckers. IPv6 niggers.
>>
>>52982327
If you don't agree with it, why post it, fucknut? Why do you have it saved?
>>
Ransomware

I don't have the money to buy a backup of my entire RAID, so if some randsomware managed to encrypted my entire raid, then im completely fucked. My internet connection is too slow to ever consider online backups.

I actually did the math. It'd take about 3 years to upload, going 24/7 at max speeds.
>>
>>52982350
Remember, you are here forever
>>
>>52982350
whats wrong with that?
you think you will do something meaningful when you are 35?
Don't be ridiculous
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.