[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Disable Wangblows 7 automatic updates >A few months pass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: fuck them.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fuck them.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Disable Wangblows 7 automatic updates
>A few months pass
>15 updates install automatically
>Check the details
>Some of them were not labeled “important”
>Telemetry
I can’t believe this level of botnet. You wangblowers are truly the worst. You are retarded enough to support a product that flat out lies to its user and to believe you can “debotnet” it by unchecking a few boxes. Take your faggotry back to >>>/v/ and Reddit you underage kiddies. The only reason you use this horrendous fucking piece of shit is muh gaymes although WINE exists and many Steam games and emulators have a native GNU/Linux port. There’s
Z E R O
E
R
O
reasons to even consider using this ungodly turd that is Wangblows, be it 7, 8 or 10. You have no fucking excuse. GNU/Linux works just as well out of the box as Wangblows (it’s 2016 you retarded submongoloids) and even Gentoo is so user-friendly that I was able to use it as my first distro with few problems.

As for the so-called “professionals” who work on Wangblows, I might believe it once this fucking uncustomizable garbage stops telling me there is a problem with Intel Wireless Bluetooth − which I never used. Even with telemetry they can’t fix their broken shit.
>>
I disabled updates in September 2015 and it never installed anything

I think you're retarded
>>
>wangblows
i fucking lost it I'm sorry i can't read this any further anon
>>
I for one love Windows 10.
>>
Why not just have two systems. One Linux box for everyday use and one windows system for gaming?
>>
>>52956902
also, disabled windows update service and never had a single update for a year straight on 8.1, same goes with 10.
>>
>>52956933
thats the best way to go. I dualboot windows and linux and only ever switch into windows for the duration of my gaming session
>>
>>52956843
Shit blog. Unsubscribed.
>>
>>52956843
>not using windows 10
kill yourself
>>
File: nop.jpg (127 KB, 1123x663) Image search: [Google]
nop.jpg
127 KB, 1123x663
the only update i've gotten for years was C runtime when installing dragon dogma

maybe you didnt disable updates properly
cum on step it up
>>
>ZERO Reasons
>bad driver support
>horrible interface
>building programs in terminal = totallyfun
>steamos is literally shit.
>horrible support of any "software"

Should I keep going?
>>
>>52957293
>things I pulled out of my ass
Driver support is excellent on linux. Enjoy reinstalling USB drivers everytime you plug in something.
>>
Am I reading this wrong? The same happened to me a few weeks ago, I had disabled automatic updates and only selected the option that notifies you of potential updates on win7, then, all of sudden, the option of automatic updates was turned back on, I thought it was really strange.

Either way I can't stop using win7 because it is required for my work, I use several proprietary GIS software packages and photogrammetry programs, there are FOSS alternatives but they're not fine grained enough for what I do.

I do have muh dm-crypt and Debian on another drive though.
>>
>>52956843
Why are updates disabled in the first place you aspie fuck
>>
File: IMG_20160212_195035.jpg (163 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160212_195035.jpg
163 KB, 960x720
>>52957312

I wish I was anon, I wish I was...

You can keep denying, but I believe my job here is done.
>>
>2016
>still using OS that doesnt support your privacy
OSX is the way forward OP
>>
>>52957397
PEBKAC
>>
>>52956843
>has "wangblows"
>insults people who have "wangblows"

Never change, you autistic monkey
>>
>>52957473

Thanks, I'm sure that was useful.

You could always teach people how to fix shit you know?

So we get less ID-10-T'S
>>
>>52957560
>doesn't state the problem
>expects a solution
>>
>>52957659

>Expects me
>"I HOPE MY POST DIDNT SOUND LIKE SHIT"

Anyway, the issue is the fglrx drivers being fucking shit. I've already tried like 10 distros to see if its global. (It is)

I'm running Linux Mint at the moment since I'm more familiar, and no fuck Ubuntu. I hate the Unity bs.

Anyway, It tried using the fglrx-update and the normal branch. Both don't do shit, went to the site and similar errors. If not, worse.
>>
>>52957728
>fglrx
Found your problem. Use the open source drivers.

>b-b-but muh 3D
Should have used nvidia.
>>
>>52957764

Its a laptop you dumb fuck, I have NVidia drivers on my pc rig you cock.

Sauce for source drivers, or let me guess... its X.ORG?
>>
I don't understand how can you be so retarded that you can't even disable updates.
I installed 8.1 and disabled updates more than a year ago and it never bothered me, never installed anything without asking me.
>>
>>52957782
They just use the open source ones. They'll work great for your purposes. What's the problem exactly? And yes, it's xorg.
>>
>>52957805

From what I know, its forced since the global casual faggotry doesn't know what updates are.

Windows is now Linux as in updates too.
>>
>>52957829

The laptop acts funky, battery is abysmal if drivers aren't install.

Its a fucking APU, its going apeshit without drivers at times.

I need the additional VRAM too, so it can perform better.
>>
File: 1455331868917.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1455331868917.gif
3 MB, 350x263
>>52957805
I'm starting to feel the same about this on Windows. Because let's face it: Windows is fucking full of security holes, no matter if you install updates or if you don't. Installing windows updates is like installing a new lock on the door when the door in reality is made out of paper.

And when I had my Windows install fresh, it worked, then I installed updates and it stopped working withut errors. I wish I was kidding, but it's like that.
I did not download virusses on that machine (can't confirm that nobody else did, although I'm the only user of the machine, but it's full of holes anyway, so there's that.)
>>
File: 1079_3e6c_758.jpg (268 KB, 758x663) Image search: [Google]
1079_3e6c_758.jpg
268 KB, 758x663
>msconfig
>disable windows update
>>
>>52956843
>Zero reason
Cool story troll
>>
Linux...is filled with a toxic group of asswipes like OP...good luck getting questions answered without dealing with shit like this constantly.

Linux drivers blow...do not even attempt to say otherwise you filthy liars.

Terminal commands...its not the fucking 80's anymore and unless it's a specialized command that is rarely used this is not acceptable.

Software installation. Get online and download software NOT in the download center. Now install it WITHOUT using any command line. This is a rare occasion in Linux and keeps many users away. Software installation is a nightmare.

Linux does however win big in customization and security. In these regards it is the best hands down. No contest and no debate. I wish I could run fluxbox on every OS. If you haven't found a desktop you love then you merely haven't used enough Linux.

However this is assuming you can even INSTALL Linux in the first goddamned place. That's to uefi bullshit many people cannot in the first place...that shit is an absolute nightmare for normies and oftentimes enough to make them say fuck it before they've even really gotten started.

It's absolutely no secret the world HATES Windows and Microsoft. But that is a proprietary software that makes MONEY...if something is fundamentally unusable for the average user it gets fixed... Generally.

Linux is a free software that doesn't make any money outside of the server market... If its unusable for the average user they are told to fix it themselves or 'get good'. My greatest wish at times is that Linux was commercial software. Money and capitalism adds impetus to make shit work for the user in a way that cannot be overstated. As it stands the pressure to improve simply isn't there.

I assure you, the world wants desperately to love Linux... Linux just doesn't give a shit...you will ignore this and you will never address any problems ever...you will never address complaints... You'll stay in you little delusional bubble forever
>>
>>52957916
>muh gaymes
>>52958150
nice b8 m80
>>
>>52958150
>Terminal commands...its not the fucking 80's anymore and unless it's a specialized command that is rarely used this is not acceptable.
Yeah, have fun clicking through a bazillion-tabs interface. Whatever suits you.
>>
Look sorry if my giant post isn't the normal 4chan shitpost. But until Linux is normal person friendly its going nowhere... And as long as you guys keep shitposting about how dumb everyone who doesn't use it is you keep it in obscurity.

Instead of bitching about how the user isn't doing shit right (you will never get anywhere with that argument EVER) actively LISTEN to feedback and criticisms. It's important, perhaps more than you realize.

Don't bitch...fix it. Apply pressure on others to fix it. Make a big deal out of listening to the users. Then and only then will the situation improve.

Or you could type 'wangblows' a few more times...that accomplishes so much right? Call people stupid too...that works.
>>
>>52956843
>doesn't know how to disable updates properly

the only update I installed was SP1 and I haven't had a single update download and install itself since
>>
>>52958195
That wasn't bait man...that was a sincere post. I know you're not used to them. But I have no interest in shitposting. I'm being real with you.
>>
try again when linux has reached the point where you need to use the command line as often as you do in windows.

sperglords like OP just can't seem to accept that most users don't want to memorize commands when they can have all the information they need for a certain task right in front of them with a GUI.
>>
>>52957829
Nouveau performs substantially worse than nvidia's drivers. Why should he gimp his hardware?
>>
>>52958236
Actually that does suit me...it suits EVERYONE. The world at large fails to see why you are unable to grasp this.
>>
>>52958447
shit man, did I write you HAVE to use the command line and you're totally forbidden from GUI?
if you prefer GUI, use a more gui-oriented system or look for a frontend for whatever program you're using. I find it faster to use the terminal, that's all. I'm not gonna sperg and shout "GTFO NORMIE" at you just because you prefer clicking.
>>
>>52958236
As opposed to remembering useless shit like "tar -c xvzf" just to extract an archive, yeah, I'll take the GUI. I have more important information to store in my hippocampus.
>>
>>52958479
You got very defensive very fast, and I think it's clouding your judgement. Using the command line is unavoidable in linux and you know this.
>>
>>52958516
>Using the command line is unavoidable in linux and you know this.
..and?
>>
>>52957449
>OSX
>supporting your privacy
LOL that's a good one
>>
>>52958524
>shit man, did I write you HAVE to use the command line and you're totally forbidden from GUI?
>Using the command line is unavoidable in linux and you know this

Think.
>>
>>52958440
Read buddy; we were talking about amd.
>>
>>52958516
No, it's not, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>52958573
There's the problem.
>>
>>52958150
>Linux does however win big in customization and security
prove it, you cant
>>
>>52958546
I wouldn't be on 4chan if I was able to think properly
good heavens, so many precious hours of life wasted on shitposting here
>>
>>52958479
But we do not have this option in gnu/Linux...its all command line all the time...you can't really choose otherwise especially if you wish to install software
>>
>>52958624
Actually I can...DE off the top of my head are...KDE, gnome, unity, cinnamon, fluxbox, black box... List goes on. Customization is supreme is Linux. Windows and osx have exactly ONE DE.

So yeah point proven
>>
>>52959101
youve got to be fucking kidding me, what part of "and" do you not understand

taking a shit in a bucket has more customization than linux, who fucking cares
>>
File: 1446743920499.png (1 MB, 2646x4560) Image search: [Google]
1446743920499.png
1 MB, 2646x4560
>>52956843
>He thinks he can disable updates
>>
>>52956843
I kinda liked windows 7 but 8 was a real abomination. I started dualbooting.
Windows 10 made me switch to Linux permanently.
 There is no way I will be cuck'd by the poor decisions made by an indian CEO
>>
>>52956843
You speak truth. That is why I switched to GNU/Linux.
>>
>>52956843
>Z E R O
>E
>R
>O
>reasons to even consider using this ungodly turd that is Wangblows

User error.

Also, what is Active Directory, for $800, Alex?
>>
>>52960278
>Alex?
Will you people lay off of me already.
>>
XP master race, now what faggot?
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.