[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had LASIK 2 years ago I went from +2.50 on my left, -1.75
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: received_10153227114467172.jpg (20 KB, 566x375) Image search: [Google]
received_10153227114467172.jpg
20 KB, 566x375
I had LASIK 2 years ago

I went from +2.50 on my left, -1.75 on my right, and i had astigmatism on both.
Now i have fucking perfect vision

>using glasses/contacts in 2016

Are you fucking inbred and retarded?? Why do you use contacts/glasses in 2016??? its fucking stone age technology. Fucking grow up

>hurrdurr its expensive
Get a new jobb
>hurrdurr ur cornea will fall off meme
No its a fucking meme lie
>>
>>52933273
my mother did it something like 10 years ago and now she's going back to glasses as it's often not a permanent solution

anyway if I had those probs I'll consider it for sure, you did good anon
>>
Do you shave, OP?
>>
>>52933303
IT is a permanent solution

Proof: https://www.realself.com/question/fast-eye-surgery-results-deteriorate-time-source-answers-please
>>
I saw Final Destination and changed my mind.
>>
>>52933273
Shit the last time I say this pasta was on /b/.

How else can I get the cute optician chick to fondle my face anon?
>>
I've had 20/16-17 since birth.
Suck my diiiiiick
>>
>>52933316
so they probably voodooed her or something, right?

It will come back but not as bad as before, just relax and enjoy the time with no glasses
>>
>>52933316
>proof
>links directly to a private medical companies website
Well glad you bought the rock solid evidence mate off to my nearest LASIKā„¢ clinic!
>>
Ive used both glasses and contact lenses, my biggest complaint about contacts is that using my phone close to my face doesn't feel right, like when using it as a ghetto tv. Whereas with glasses I'd just take them off. I'd have to really think about altering myself permanently, considering that it's not something you can just take off.

Then again, there's a reason I use my phone like a tv, I won't have the money for corrective eye surgery for a long time, so I can't still think about it. Congratulations op.

>>52933303
Probably just inefficiencies in the early technology, so earlier on they only had a 10 year warranty etc. Surely it'll last ~50 years later on.
>>
the horror...
https://youtu.be/0V4I2xzwGd4?t=111
>>
>>52933273
>Why do you use contacts/glasses in 2016???

They cut open a flap in order to get access to your cornea.

That flap never heals.

I had a coworker who had LASIK. One day, he was riding his motorcycle and opened the visor to clear some condensation. FLOOP the flap opens up and his vision goes blurry. He closes the visor, blinks, and PLOP it's back to normal.
>>
>>52933316
I've talked to optometrists about it. It depends on the person. Sometimes you'll have to go in for a readjustment every 10 years or so.
>>
>>52933349
Isn't PRK like LASIK but you don't get the eye flap thing?
>>
>>52933352
>Sometimes you'll have to go in for a readjustment every 10 years or so

Assuming the average person here is 20-25 and lives in the first world, that's only 5 times in your life based on life expectancy for those born in 1990.
>>
>optometrists
Stopped reading There. Its like trusting a nurse over a doctors advice. Stupid as fuck
>>
>>52933273
I can see relatively fine without glasses and if anyone would avoid talking to me because I wear glasses they're not worth talking to to begin with
>>
>>52933273

I typed a long post and lost it so I'm just gonna greentext

>have severe astigmatism in one eye
>20/20 in the other
>would be legally blind if both eyes were like the bad one, that's how bad we're talking
>have managed fine all my life, it's not a big problem really, never needed glasses to see or anything like that
>started getting headaches years ago
>optician suggested that it was because of the strain on my strong eye and prescribed me glasses
>actually worked at the time
>headaches have gotten progressively worse over the years to the point that i can't deal with it any more
>went to see eye doctor who confirmed it's because of my eyes
>said don't get laser eye surgery because my weak eye can be improved in future if i lose sight in my strong eye but laser eye surgery can fuck all that up
>i'm starting to get pretty sick of living with something that can be fixed with about a week's wage
>probably gonna enquire about laser eye surgery soon

What should I do, /g/?
>>
>>52933371
>Stopped reading There. Its like trusting a nurse over a doctors advice.

You have no idea what an optometrist is. Optometrist != optician.
>>
Planning to since my boyfriend keeps pressuring me to ditch my glasses, but can't afford it just yet.
>>
Get your shit genetics out of my board you nearsighted mongoloid
>>
>>52933349
Bullshit.

>>52933358
Yeah but it takes long time to heal. I took PRK umm.... holy shit 8 years ago on summer sale ("two eyes for prize of one!!!!1" no kidding) since it was way cheaper than LASIK back then. No ill effects whatsoever to this day. My vision has gone from -3.5/-4.0 to perfect to -0.5/-0.5 it is today, still not needing glasses. Best purchase I've ever done.
>>
>>52933396

Uh. Get contacts.

Accuvue Oasys are amazing. I could wear them for weeks at a time, never taking them out, with zero discomfort. I'm on Ciba lenses right now, but the Accuvues were waaaay better.
>>
My prescription has changed every two years over the last 8 years. You're not going to tell me that LASIK is going to stop this degradation and that I won't have to have it redone in short time.

I'll wait.

>>52933398
Vision Council of America estimates that 75% of adults use some sort of vision correction.
>>
>>52933403
>Bullshit.

Nope.

Go type in "does the lasik..." and behold, the first Google suggestion is "ever heal".

It never heals.
>>
>>52933389
Yeah its a fucking retarded profession. A eye surgeon knows a hell of alot more than a sub-tier profession
>>
>>52933418
Excellent.

This world would be perfect with 25% the current population.
>>
I have -7.50 in both eyes and I wear contacts and glasses. I want to get surgery eventually, but doc said to wait until 22-23 for my eyes to settle and then think about it.
>>
File: IMG_20160212_180046.jpg (84 KB, 572x520) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160212_180046.jpg
84 KB, 572x520
>>52933273
>his genetics are so bad he needs surgery to see
>>
File: 0htibZJnlLY.jpg (22 KB, 290x316) Image search: [Google]
0htibZJnlLY.jpg
22 KB, 290x316
>>52933273
>Hey neede corrective surgery at all
Feels good being 20/20 master race.
>>
>>52933428
>Yeah its a fucking retarded profession.

Again, you have no idea what an optometrist is.
>>
>>52933451
Optometrist is a profession for People that are to stupid to go to medschool to become a eye doctor. So its a sub-tier profession
>>
Not sure why you're so upset people use glasses and contacts. How does this affect you in any way whatsoever?
>>
>>52933461

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you have no idea what an optometrist is.

Tell you what, since it's quite a well-paying career, and is obviously easy since it's for stupid people, how about you go become an optometrist?

You can't. You're nowhere near smart enough to make it through optometry school.

The only thing you can do is shitpost on a Chinese manga fanfic board.
>>
>>52933435
A lot of eye conditions are not hereditary. I have astigmatism in one eye and literally everyone in my family has perfect eyes. You're not going to eradicate eye problems by eradicating people with eye problems.
>>
>>52933461
>to stupid
Ironic that you should be identifying others as 'too stupid'
>>
Having lasers in my eyes are a scary thought, anon.
>>
My eye doctor refuses to refer me to anyone for lasik, -4.0 left eye -4.5 right eye
>>
File: 1442078806121.png (173 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1442078806121.png
173 KB, 640x400
>>52933479
>assmad optometrists detected
Hahahaha pathetic. Enjoy your sub-tier education

Third year medschoolfag here
>>
>>52933379
Wear a monocle. Yours is a valid use case.
>>
>>52933409
I already wear contacts but can't keep them in 24/7 without destroying my eyes. I'll check out the ones you suggest.
>>
>tfw have to use hard lense contacts
You fags don't know my auffering
>>
>>52933530
I wear glasses and I don't have a problem with wearing glasses but no type of lens would solve the problems I'm having now.
>>
>>52933273
fuck off LASIK shill
>>
>>52933606
Grow up
>>
File: 1318966681524.jpg (655 KB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
1318966681524.jpg
655 KB, 3500x4194
>go to da doc after several years since my eyesight got a lot worse, old glasses were -1.25
>-3 or something plus some astigmatism, I was blinder than before I got my first glasses and didn't even notice it
>he recommends contacts and offers a free test drive
>it's a fucking pain to put on and I'm tearing up like crazy
>when it's finally done my vision is fucking perfect and I literally cry of joy, good thing I was already tearing up because of the contacts so no one notices
>everything looks so big and immersive, it doesn't look like I'm watching the world through a widescreen monitor anymore
>cry again when I see the starry sky
>the contacts were good for only one day only so I had to remove them
>it was a fucking pain the ass to remove so I decide to buy glasses instead
>even tho the glasses were supposedly more accurate for my eyes they still were a far cry from what I experienced with the contacts

wat do
the doc said LASIK was not good for me because my eyesight is not stable yet, only when I'm 30+.
>>
>>52933273

My BFF got this done.

He said recovery was a month of misery (vision took a few weeks to actually improve, nd he has to wear some annoying as fuck contacts during that time), but that it was totaly worth it.

I am really tempted, but a complete pussy. Plus I moved out of the states and dont speak thelnguage here well enough to get a surgery.

Maybe in the future.
>>
>>52933667
Have you looked into PRK?

Last year went to see if lasik would work for me but the first doc said astigmatism wasn't compatible with lasik.

So I ended up getting a second opinion from a doc that did PRK and he said it would work for me.

So I had the procedure done last April and my vision is close to 20/20. so far the side effects are dry eyes and some ghosting buts only noticeable at night.
>>
>>52933273
>Are you fucking inbred and retarded??

no i'm not, that's why I have great vision right from popping out the womb
>>
I did Lasik in oktober. My vision isn't perfect, according to the tests, but I can see everything so I'm very happy with it. I'm especially happy I can see people now, jog without my glasses on my nose and lay down with a book without ruining my glasses.

Downsides:
- My eyes are still a bit dry. So I still use eye drops every 3 hours. But they say that could blow over in a couple months. I don't notice the dry eyes unless I don't use eye drops.
- My doctor has assured me multiple times that I can do martial arts again. And he says after a year you can't distinguish lasered eyes with unlasered eyes. But the American government reports about lasik in the military have their doubts and claim your eyes are extremely vulnerable after surgery. So I'm not sure if I should start doing it again or not. I want to, but don't want to take the risk.
>>
>>52933273

I'm a diabetic, I'd get it done otherwise. Increases my chances of complications of retinopathy
>>
>>52934008
Also, I was extremely afraid of the surgery and a difficult patient who looked away, but you really don't feel a thing.
>>
>>52933273
You will STILL need to use glasses after 6 years, just with lower graduation, stop shilling this meme
>>
File: 1259250022064.jpg (11 KB, 289x319) Image search: [Google]
1259250022064.jpg
11 KB, 289x319
>>52933316
>proof
>website of people trying to sell you the same shit you are trying to prove
>>
>>52934042
This guy here >>52934008

I had -6 / -6 or something. My eyes cannot possibly get as bad as they were before.
>>
>>52933461
In my country they are doctos that made up an specialization of 5 years...
>>
>>52934058
Come back to see me in 6 years with your new glasses.
>>
ITT: blind rodents
>>
>>52933667
Get contacts if you like them. I use contacts daily. After a while you figure out how to put them in / take them out in ~2 minutes.

Protip: Don't dry your hands inbetween, or dust particles from the towel will get on your hands and from there on the contacts and in your eyes, at which point you'll have to reapply the contacts.
>>
>>52934008
>I don't notice the dry eyes unless I don't use eye drops.
I forgot to add. If I do notice the dry eyes after not using eye drops, I can barely open my eyes anymore as my eyes will feel like you have 10 hairs in them. It's an intense pain.

So if you have dry eyes before surgery, absolutely do not do lasik. They say abut 2% have permanent dry eyes and I can imagine their life is over.

I am still recovering and I have no real issues with doing eye drops every now and then, so I'm okay though.
>>
File: feels_gud.jpg (14 KB, 408x545) Image search: [Google]
feels_gud.jpg
14 KB, 408x545
>>52933273
I had lasik last year, went from - 4 and - 3.75 to 0.0

>feels gud
>>
>>52933316
This is like asking Nvidia if their graphics cards start housefires you moron.
>>
IĶ¢t'Ģ·s aĶcĶ¢tĶuaŅ‰lĶ¢lĶ€y ĢØaĢ” Ķžwell Ķ knoĶ˜wĢ•nŅ‰ ĢøfaĶ¢ct ĶœthĶžatĶ aĢ”nĶyĢ•bodyĶŸ who gĶeĢØtsĢØ Ģ•lasik surgĶ¢eĶœry evenŅ‰tĢ¢uĶaĶlly Ņ‰sĶ˜tarĶ”tĢ›s tĶ¢oĶž hĢ·aveĶ˜ tĶ€inĶyĢ§ ĢµaĢ¢ndĢ› Ģ·sŅ‰oĢ”mĢ·etĢ”iĢ“mesĶ” Ķ unĶœnĶ”oĢØticĢµeĢ§aĢµbleĶ¢ Ģ·eĢ§rĢµrĶ”orĢ¢sŅ‰ iĶ”n thŅ‰eiĢ•r Ģ¶visĢ”iĶ¢oĢønĶ”, ĶaĢ”ndĶ€ Ģ›tĶœheĶžy oĢ•nlĶ¢y ĶŸgeĶ˜tĢ§ wĢ›orĢ›se Ķ€andĢ“ wĶžoĢ•rsĶ€e Ģ›aĶ˜s Ģ·tiĢØmeĢ› goeĶœs bĶ˜yĢø. Ģ”WĢØheĢØn it Ņ‰dĢ¶oĢ¢eĢ·s hĢ¶aĢøppenĶ Ķ¢iĢøt Ģ›hapĶpenĶ˜sĶœ qĶ uiĶ˜cĢØklĢ”yĶ, anĢ¶dĶœ thŅ‰e fĢøirĢ§st ĢØsĶ¢iĶŸgĶ˜n ĶŸiĶŸs Ķ¢usalĢ·lĶŸyĢµ dĶeĶžsĢ¢cĶ¢riĢ›bedĢ¶ aĢ¶s "Ķ”wĶŸeirŅ‰d odĶdĶŸlyĢ› plaĶŸcĶes Ķ lĶinesĢ¢"Ģø Ģ¢whenĶž vĶ˜iĢ•eĢ”wĢ§ingĢ¢ Ģ·teĶœxĶ¢t.Ķ€
>>
>>52934164
Nah mate, it's actually when you start typing texts and it turns out blurry that you have to worry. Because you could have goloritus, which is very, very dangerous.
>>
>>52933338
The procedure is permanent, your vision is not. It deteriorates with age, LASIK does not stop this from happening.
>>
File: gnome say what again.jpg (80 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
gnome say what again.jpg
80 KB, 600x800
>>52933273
So, why all ophthalmologists/oculists were glasses?
Checkmate, lasikfags.
>>
File: dudewhat.jpg (102 KB, 642x713) Image search: [Google]
dudewhat.jpg
102 KB, 642x713
>>52934173

oh ok
>>
>>52933446>>52933439
Getting older / eye injury / bad environment?
>>
>>52934141
I have the problem that my lensen flop together when I try to put em in, fucking annoying.
>>
>>52933335
Nice
>>
>>52933611
You grow up and go get your lasik
>>
>>52933273
I got LASIK and now suffer from permanent halos in my vision and its uncorrectable.

On top of that I still have to wear glasses.
>>
>>52934224
Do you notice that in your every day life?
>>
My step dad got lasik eye surgery, it fixed his distance vision but anything up close is blurry, so his option became "put on glasses every time I need to read something" or "go get a perm new pair of glasses for the newly fucked up vision"

Expensive surgery so he could buy expensive new glasses. Waste of money, huge risk, why both? Glasses are NOT that much of a burden. Holy shit you gotta put them on in the morning?! It takes a whole quarter of a second! And sometimes, you have to wipe them off?! HOLY SHIT, BETTER CUT INTO MY EYES AND LET SOMEONE SHOOT A LASER IN THERE, but it's ok and it's safe, the guy asking me for money said so.
>>
>get Lasik
>permanently damage your eyes and see distorted lights
sounds good

I will wait for retinal implants. They are maybe 10 years away.
>>
>>52934337
I truly hated my glasses desu. They press on your nose, impede your sport performance and they look like shit.
>>
mods mods mods
>>
File: 1454825613824.jpg (53 KB, 400x494) Image search: [Google]
1454825613824.jpg
53 KB, 400x494
>>52933273
Doesn't LASIK wear off after a while or some shit?
>>
>>52933273
>being born with genetically inferior eyes

in 2016?? grow the fuck up and evolve already
>>
File: s5k8kgqytqz8sxphc9cd.jpg (87 KB, 772x397) Image search: [Google]
s5k8kgqytqz8sxphc9cd.jpg
87 KB, 772x397
>>52934379
see >>52934177
>>
>>52934349

>press on your nose

Were they made of some super dense metal that made them heavier than the like 1/8th of a pound they should weigh? You bought some fucked u p frames

>impede your sport performance

I'll give you that but contacts and shit you know? Not having proper vision is a disability and sometimes when you have a disability you have to adjust to things. That means trying contacts or some shit.

I'm diabetic. A TON of shit goes into managing that. Glasses are nothing in comparison. But I'm not going to go out and get some invasive unnecessary surgery that could either maybe fix the diabetes or make it MUCH worse. Not worth it. Expensive, invasive, unneeded. I'd never put my eyes up for grabs while gambling. The tech is getting better though, I'll deal with glasses until perhaps things improve.
>>
>>52934379
no
>>
>>52934390
diabetic
why do you have so shitty inbred genes?
>>
I have a slight astigmatism on my right eye and I've been thinking of getting LASIK done to fix it but I actually enjoy wearing glasses and dark shades.

I can't go outside anymore without dark shades seriously.
>>
>>52934409

So I guess you've got nothing to say if you're reduced to that?
>>
>>52934429
please dont get kids
if all With the shitty gene die out, diabetic People With be a thing of the past. do Your part
>>
>>52934449
I'd agree if we didn't have entire continents of bad genes breeding.

As long as leftists still exists that don't want to wipe out everyone besides North/West/South Europe it's a pointless endeavour only damaging to the upcoming war effort.
>>
>>52934449

I'm gay actually so I guess that works out.

Though from your way of thinking we can "breed" out "imperfections" leads me to think you don't actually know too much about genes or biology for that matter.

Did you know there is a reason eugenics was a bad idea ASIDE from the fact that it's immoral? I'm guessing you didnt huh?
>>
>>52933273
I'm afraid of something going wrong desu.
>>
>>52934008
>But the American government reports about lasik in the military have their doubts and claim your eyes are extremely vulnerable after surgery. So I'm not sure if I should start doing it again or not. I want to, but don't want to take the risk.

I thought the U.S. Gov disliked Lasek, not Lasik.

One is approved for pilots, and one is an instant grounding, but I can't remember which.
>>
>>52934491
Lasek is approved for the military, because it doesn't create a flap. But it has a longer and more painful recovery period.

Lasik is also gives better results for eyes with thick cornea, as you have a larger chance to get bad eyes again with lasek. But lasek is more suitable for thin cornea, because you don't have to cut into the eyes.
>>
>>52934527
>The U.S. Air Force approves the use of PRK and LASIK.[15]
According to wikipedia. LASEK and PRK are the same thing.
>>
>>52933273
Thanks for beta-testing. I'll wait till the 2020s.
>>
>>52933273
call me when there's a procedure that doesn't involve razers cutting my eyes
>>
>>52934419
yeah I like wearing glasses

And voluntary bad vision can be handy sometimes.
>>
>>52934603
These days they just use lasers to cut. It's all computer controlled.
>>
>>52933409
Holy shit anon, are you b8ing or just stupid? You know why your vision gets blurry sometimes? Because your eyes are drying out if you don't take out your lenses for at least 6 hours a day.
>>
>>52933396
break up with your boyfriend
>>
>>52933273

I was almost thinking of looking into it. Then I played Dead Space 2 and that was the end of that idea.
>>
>>52934603
ReLEx SMILE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKCS4Lncuhs
>>
>>52933389
I understand what you're saying anon, optometrists are medical doctors that can give eye advice and prescriptions.
But even then it's like comparing a general practitioner to a surgeon.

You want an ophthalmologist operation on your eyes (like Bashar Al Assad or Rand Paul)
>>
>>52933409
My eyes are too big for 14.2mm lenses and I lose all peripheral vision. I have to use 14.4mm or higher; the only ones on the market are from coopervision and they suck.
>>
>>52933273
Speaking of eyesight, does the whole 'using your computer ruins your eyesight' meme hold?
I've been spending an average of 5 hours a day in front of a screen since I was 6 and 20 years later I only have mild near sightedness.
>>
>>52934891
Focusing on the same object for too long causes fatigue, be it a monitor or a book for example.
Typical monitor light doesn't cause any damage, you are far more likely to get eye damage from sunlight than a LCD screen for example.
>>
>>52934891
Well, I have been gaming since I was 3 or something and I'm 30 now. Spend entire days behind the computer.

My eyes were fairly stable from 0-10. Then my eyes went to shit from 11-17. Then my eyes stayed stable for 18-30. So I think it's bullshit.
>>
File: 20160212_081414-1.jpg (382 KB, 879x805) Image search: [Google]
20160212_081414-1.jpg
382 KB, 879x805
>>52934868
Pic related.
If anyone can suggest me a better contact I will be forever grateful
>>
>tfw -11 in each eye with astigmatism in both
get on my level nerds
>>
>>52934971
Isn't that legally blind?
>>
>>52933273
>being blind

shit why didn't they just cast you out at birth. birth defects should be bred out
>>
My eyesight has only just apparently stabilized after year after year changes. Doc says to wait at least one more year to make sure my vision is stable so I'm not changing prescription in less than a year.

With my prescription (close to ten diopters and over +2 on astigmatism) he said I may not get full correction anyways. Just not be worse than useless without glasses.
>>
>>52934993
Not the guy you're replying to but legally blind as a standard is 20/600 or worse. He would be legally blind without glasses but as a standard it's what you are after correction.
>>
>>52934997
>IQ 130 or less talking about birth defects
>>
>>52934997
It's very common for eyesight to only get worse during and after puberty.
>>
File: 1416611639289.jpg (41 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1416611639289.jpg
41 KB, 375x375
>>52933273
Needing lasers to burn better eye sight into you.
Yea no thanks asshat my vision is perfectly fine.
>>
>>52933273
Ive never worn glasses in my life,I'm 24 and I usually spend my days in front of a books or monitor.
Im sorry op for your shitty genes.
>>
>>52933303
Well, duh. 10 years is a very long time. Her eyes might just have gotten worse with age, unrelated to the surgery.
Few people go 10 years without a change in prescription.
>>
>>52933273
What are some good alternative to LASIK?
>>
>>52935173
glasses
>>
>>52933273
I'm poor, also i live in a 3rd world country.
>>
>>52935173
Glasses
>>
>>52935192
>>52935195
Aside from clunky glasses and contacts.
>>
>>52935173
PRK, contacts, stabbing your eye out with a fork.
>>
>>52935173
See >>52934814
>>
>>52935205
You could get a monocle.
>>
>tfw able to remove glasses anytine for instant calming blurriness
>wanting to be stuck seeing everything in detail
>>
>>52935279
It must be hard living without eyelids.
>>
>>52933273
i have +2.50 as well
but i don't want to have issues or get random pain that might happen or anything
i don't want to risk it fuuuck
>>
File: 1450183173288.jpg (116 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
1450183173288.jpg
116 KB, 331x319
>>52934337
>HOLY SHIT, BETTER CUT INTO MY EYES AND LET SOMEONE SHOOT A LASER IN THERE
KEEEEEEEEEEEEK
>>
>>52933273
are you also balding and short of stature?
>>
>not waiting for the synthetic lenses that will last a lifetime
>>
>not waiting for nightmare vision glasses
>>
>not waiting for the sweet embrace of death
>>
>not building the engineering goggles
>>
my grandma did that and after the anesthesia she got dementia
>>
I did that and I'm blind now
>>
>>52935554
My little sister did that and after anesthesia she got pregnant.
>>
>>52935577
it's a fun thing

protip: only oldfags will remember
>>
>>52933667
>it's a fucking pain to put on and I'm tearing up like crazy
Damn. When I wear contacts it's perfect and comfy as fuck. It's like you have a perfect vision back. In fact it's so comfy and perfect that I instantly forget them and have to put alarms and reminders everywhere to not go to sleep with them.
>>
Can you tell us a bit about the operation? I'm considering getting a LASIK. As much details as possible please.
>>
>>52935632
>forget to remove them for a single night
>get blind
no ty
>>
>tfw look really good with glasses but can't wear them because sight is too good and wearing non prescription glasses makes you look like a massive tool
>>
>>52935587
My big brother did that and after anesthesia his pee-pee became a wee-wee.
>>
>>52935663
stare at the sun for a bit every day until you need glasses, problem solved
>>
>>52933667
Go with contacts. It's only difficult before you get used to it, I slap mine on in like 5 seconds now.
>>52935653
nice b8 m8, I pass out drunk with mine all the time. In a pinch I can go on wearing them for another day, otherwise I'll just wash them for a bit and they're good to go again.
>>
If I had the money to do it every 5 years I would. It's not a good solution though, because people will keep breeding with the same shitty eye genetics.

There needs to be a way to fix it permanently at the source.
>>
>>52933273
I think my glasses are stylish and I love using them.
>>
My main issue is if I decided later on to do contact sports or if I did anything simple like tumble and fall on the floor, I would be at increased risk of going blind.
>>
File: nerd.jpg (124 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
124 KB, 1600x1600
>>52935738
Did your mom tell you that?
>>
>>52936086
Nah my mom wanted me to get a lasek and because I'm a rebellious manchild I decided fuck that.

And my wife likes my glasses.
>>
>>52933335
i'm 20/15+
>>
I only use glasses when I go somewhere important because it makes me look smarter, even if only a little bit, to the beholder
>>
>untermensch faggots that haven't got 20/20 vision and are either short or far sighted and or colour blind

Can't believe I share this board with you inferiors
>>
>>52936150
>colour
>surrender monkey thinking hes superior to anyone
>>
I had both LASIK and PRK.

>get lasik
>vision goes nearsighted again in 6 months
>wait 3 years
>get prk
>vision perfect and no dry eye problems

The recovery on PRK is a shitter but its better in the long term than LASIK.
>>
>go to eye specialist
>does tests with me
>says I have 20/19.5 vision
I use glasses because anything after 10m is a little blurry for me.
Can't even read road signs unless I'm seconds to pass them.
>>
>>52935653
Ive slept with my contacts dozens of times
Worst thing that happens is mega eye crust so i clear that out

Besides that, no issues, webt to the eye doctor after 2 years of this, he said nothing was amiss
>>
>>52935279
>tfw removing glasses while walking through a crowd of people.
>tfw their faces become invisible and the crippling anxiety goes away.
>>
>>52933379
Get a second opinion. If the new doctor advises against it as well, can the idea.
>>
>>52936424
Haha, some girl once said it's nice how I always look people in the eyes.

I don't see any eyes. I just look in the general direction of their head.
>>
File: 1448664184012.jpg (245 KB, 500x1522) Image search: [Google]
1448664184012.jpg
245 KB, 500x1522
>go to LASIK
>all doctors around me with glasses
>no thanks
>>
>>52933667
Nigga take contacts for a spin for a month or so. It gets better, trust me.
>>
>>52934449
Jesus christo
>dont get kids
>Get
What like in the kids store? Dont go to the kid's store and just 'get' some kids
>if all With the
If all what? Horses? Bananas?
>shitty gene die out,
The one shitty gene?
>diabetic People With
Suddenly, CAPS?
>be a thing of the past. do Your part
>With be
>With be
>>
>>52933273
>lasik

It's on my agenda, but first i'm finishing fixing my fucked up teeth. Maybe i'll even get a nose-job, it's fucking pinting to the left.
>>
>>52935279
>>52936424
Lasik and 20/20 fags dont know what theyre missing
The sweet relief of instant anxiety
Free half blindness
>>
>>52933439
Once youll have a proper job and itll affect your sight I will laught at you demonically
>>
>>52936691
Not everyone has crippling anxiety m8.
>>
>>52936659
>first i'm finishing fixing my fucked up teeth
What are you doing for that? And is it just straightening or whitening too?
>>
File: invisalign.jpg (186 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
invisalign.jpg
186 KB, 1024x768
>>52936734
This crap - it's far faster than braces, costs a buttload more and hurts like crap.

Also i'm going to change all the old black fillings for new white ones and change 2 or 3 beyond-repair teeth for some new ones made out of super hard ceramic.

I can afford it because i have a job and
>no life
>no hobbies
>no gf
>>
Is there any procedure out there that will help someone with -13 astigmatism or do I have to keep waiting?
>>
>>52936849
I'm pretty sure they figured out lasik/lasek for astigmatism years ago.
>>
>>52933273
I'm honestly just grossed and impressionable, and the idea of having my cornea cut just makes me shiver.
Basically I'm a pussy.
>>
>>52936917
I don't see how it's any grosser than taking a shit.
>>
>>52933409
Don't stop wearing glasses for someone else.
He's a dick for pressuring you on an aesthetic stupid thing like that.
If my girlfriend asked me to use contacts instead of glasses I'd probably ditch her.
>>
>>52936956
Shit doesn't come out of his eyes, I hope.
>>
>>52933273
>shilling this hard

Seriously, there is no reason to shill this fucking hard.
>>
>>52936956
Maybe gross wasn't the right word.
But just the idea is enough to make me go nope, never.
Also I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong, that the operation can't be done while completely anesthetized.
The idea of seeing them cutting my own cornea seems something straight out of an horror movie.
>>
>>52934481
dont adopt children, cyŠŗa
>>
>tfw strabismus/esotropia
>tfw still 20/20 vision

sucks to be you i guess
>>
Anyone here get IOLs (intraocular lenses)? I like the fact that they can be upgraded later in life if better technology is available or my vision gets worse.

>pic related

my ophthalmologist, love getting my eyes checked out
>>
>>52936306
>be 25
>have perfect vision until about 6 months ago
>suddenly left eye starts getting blurry for no fucking reason
>progresses slowly worse over a few months
>print myself a proper scale eye test last month

>20/19.5 in the blurry eye (might have gone to 19.25 at this point)
>can't read road signs beyond 3-4 seconds at 55mph
>car lights from 200+ meters a progressively expanded tangle of lines

Jesus fuck all you -2, -2.5, -3, -6 (diopter) people how do you fucking do it?

I am never allowing myself in a car with a driver who "forgot" their glasses/contacts, triple so at night.
You people are a fucking menace.
>>
>>52937118
-5.75, -5.75 masterrace

using my uncorrected vision is basically just instinct at this point

>>52937094
good lord, fuck lasik
>>
>>52937152
I got the numbers horribly wrong too, fuck,

My left eye scores 20/25 and the right eye still scrapes by at 20/20

20/25 is awful, and tons of people are 20/60 and worse.
>>
>>52933316
Lasek can't prevent future deteriorating, however someone who has had Lasek will be able to see way better for the entire rest of their lives.
>>
>>52937094
Been looking into it a bit lately and I do like the idea but from what I'm seeing its also about 50% more expensive than LASIK is. Probably worth it in the long run because as you said its something can can be removed and improved unlike burning out parts of your cornea.

My mom had PRK done and a little over a decade later she was back in glasses again as her eyes got worse. If the same happens to me and I could just swap out my lenses that would be awesome.
>>
>>52933273
-12 myopia here. Corneas too thin for Lasik.

Guess I'm sticking with glasses for now
>>
>>52937249
Check out IOLs, they work with thin corneas and they correct -3 to -20.
>>
>>52933409
This. I pay like $100 for 12 pairs and that usually lasts 6 months. Wear them 2 weeks straight then swap, wearing glasses a few days inbetween.

They are seriously comfortable. Can't feel them at all and I work outdoors 50%of the day around dirt and dust.

>hurrduurrrr take them out
Been wearing them for 10 years and vision has not been affected aside normal and ever so slight degrading with age.

Fuck cutting a flap into my eyes.
>>
>>52933461
You mean not master race enough to become an eye surgeon. Shit dude, med school is expensive and favors people with connections.
>>
>>52933667
Truck with contacts is you have to make sure they're not inside out, you can tell because when they are the edges will curve up a bit.
>>
>>52937232
yeah the thing i'm not too keen on is the laser iridotomy that is required so your eye pressure doesn't get too high

the idea of blowing holes in my eyes is a little weird
>>
>>52933409
The Oasys are good but the reason they are so comfortable is that they retain a ton of water which produces halos for me at night, makes it really difficult to drive in the city
>>
>>52937364
Its a small hole between the two chambers of your eye so it can equalize pressure as needed, not some sort of external hole in your eye.
>>
glasses are comfy
-12/-12 is great fun
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>52937422
good lord, are these your glasses?
>>
>>52933273
>Are you fucking inbred and retarded?? Why do you use contacts/glasses in 2016???
Corneal scarring from an infection 20 years ago. Can't have laser correction.
>>
File: 1450151746792.jpg (34 KB, 552x468) Image search: [Google]
1450151746792.jpg
34 KB, 552x468
>>52937446
>>
>>52937392
You would think they could eventually create an IOL that permits osmosis so that step was unnecessary
>>
>>52933273
I'm poor and like my glasses
>>
>>52933273
I never had it don't because I prefer contact lens. Now you can never wear these.
>>
>>52937446
well i do get the lenses thinned, and i dunno how thick they would be otherwise
>>
Anyone know where to get cheap glasses online? I'm looking at some of those chinese ones on ebay
>>
I know of three people that had it.

> One had it last year and is so far satisfied
> Other is wife's coworker in early 50s, the surgery uncovered some imperfection in her eye and when she looks left down now she "sees something in the way" (just like dirty glasses except it's in her eye)
> also her vision is not 20/20 anymore, she almost needs reading glasses again
> third is a friend my age (26) who had -4D, went to 20/20 and now, 5 years after the surgery, is at -1,25 again.

So no thanks, I look better with glasses anyway.
>>
File: 1439049670338.gif (125 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1439049670338.gif
125 KB, 126x126
>>52933273
>Implying LASIK doesn't install Zionist organized optical monitoring chips into your eyes when done
>>
>>52937325
>12 pairs lasting six months
Fucking wat. I use a shittier brand of disposable contacts and i switch them out like... every 6 months. I just dont see a reason to buy/replace them that frequently if the ones im using are perfectly fine. Plus that shits expensive.
>>
>>52937598
enjoy your eye blindness thanks to infection and lack of oxygen (your eyes need to breathe too and cheap contacts block out the oxygen)
>>
>>52937529
>>52937422
Are you me?
>>
>>52937598
That peroxide based cleaning solution stuff is great, getting 3+ months out of monthly wear contacts is easy. I started using it due to protein buildup issues from seasonal allergies and found it makes contacts feel like new practically forever.

I honestly only change my contacts as often as I do due to some sort of guilt or something for stretching them that long.
>>
>>52937654
yeah sure

wait, who said that?
>>
>>52933379
Pirate patch
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 575x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 575x416
>>52937598
enjoy your retinal vein occlusion

>>52937665
what is the best soft contact lens cleaner?
>>
My co-worker knew someone who got lasik and they botched it in both his eyes and now he's near blind.

My best friend got lasik and her far vision started degenerating over the course of a few months. She had to go in for another treatment (not lasik, something else) and now she's good but her vision is not 20/20.

>Not just eating carrots everyday like me
>>
File: 1453511025625.jpg (95 KB, 829x687) Image search: [Google]
1453511025625.jpg
95 KB, 829x687
>>52933273
Because my eyes are too bad for LASIK.-27.5L, -6.0R with cataract lens replacement with a power of -21.
>>
File: clear-care-solution2[1].jpg (281 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
clear-care-solution2[1].jpg
281 KB, 1200x900
>>52937684
I have been using this stuff for years, its great.

Only downside is they say if you put your lenses in it you have to leave them in there for 6 hours while the peroxide deactivates.
>>
>>52937741
is that any better than a multipurpose solution, say optifree express?
>>
>>52937757
BOSCH & LOMB SENSITIVE EYES MASTER RACE
>>
I was 20/20 until high school. Optometrist said I had slight astigmatism and got glasses, but I never wore them. I haven't visited one in over 7 years and I can see up close just fine. It's a meme profession. Excuse me for blogging.
>>
>>52937598
Maybe it's just me, but I feel the need to switch them out.
>>
>>52937757
Yes, it works FAR better and even when stretching a pair of lenses out to 6 months they felt just as good as the new pair I put in as a replacement.

The case is also awesome, unlike flat cases it holds the lens in place nicely so they are REALLY easy to pick out and there is no need to manhandle both side of the lens to put them in. This means less chance of finger gunk, dead skin, dust, whatever getting on the inside of the lens while you are installing it.
>>
Bionic eye memeplants where?
>>
>>52933316
>puts emphasis on wrong word
It should be 'it IS' not 'IT is' you fucking mong.
>>
If contacts are this much of an annoyance for you. You can choose crt lenses that you wear overnight that gradually fix your cornea. In the day you will see 20/20 and not need lenses to see.
>>
>>52938275
I can't fucking wait, man. My eyes have been suffering all my life, cataracts, retinal detachments, glaucoma, high myopia...

Docs say I'll be blind by 50 (24 now) and I really hope they arrive to a stable state by then
>>
>>52933461
>go to optometrist for exam
>told to need glasses
>pay hundreds for a pair they sell
>loose vision in the corners of my eye after wearing them
Am I doing something wrong?
>>
I can't, my doctor said that if I did it my vision would become shit again, something about my eyes having a strange shape.
>>
Don't care enough. My vision sucks, but it's just fine for looking at a computer screen. Why should I try to fix it?
>>
>>52938441
Keratoconus?
>>
>>52938461
Because sharp vision is enjoyable
>>
>>52936150
20/20 is below average. Most people have 20/15 or better.

Who is an untermensch now?
>>
>>52938441
Asian?
>>
>>52938475
No, it's not apparent for the naked eye, but it appears on exams.
>>
>>52938501
My vision is truly awful. I wore contacts for a few years and it improved it dramatically. But it didn't improve my life in any way. I wasn't happier or more productive.

It isn't enjoyable to me.
>>
>>52933314
Somewhat underrated
>>
>>52938551
Alrighty then
>>
>>52938551
Maybe for you. I'd kill to be able to see 20/20 without inch thick glasses or RGP lenses
>>
File: 1423090390922.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1423090390922.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
Doesn't Lasik only last about 10-15 years, and then you'll just be back to glasses again? I'm fine with doing it, but I don't know if I should wait until I'm 30 or something to get it performed
>>
>>52933273
I like my glasses, they make my gigantic nose look less obvious.
>>
>>52938875
I think it mostly depends on how old you are when you get it and how stable your eyes are in the first place.

Its pretty common for people to get corrective surgery done in their mid 20's and early 30's to end up having their eyes deteriorate with age and need glasses again in their 40's to 50's, just as it is common for people who have never had issues with their eyes to start needing glasses as they get older.
>>
>>52933273
How does it work for someone with -20?
>>
-1.75/-1.75
not blind enough to get one
>>
>>52939465
>-20

Holy shit. Do you wear both contacts and glasses at the same time?
>>
>>52939465
That's pushing the edge of ICL correction and I want to say LASIK normally only goes to maybe -12.
>>
I got lasik 6 months ago so I could pass the Navy flight physical. Went from 20/200 in both eyes to 20/10. First week sucked a little bit, but it's been smooth sailing ever since. Best decision I've ever made. Went to one of the best eye surgeons in the world, and it only cost me $3400 ($2800) of which my mom convinced her insurance company to cover.
>>
>>52933349
That's complete bullshit unless he got lasik like 10 years ago. Modern Lasik, the flap heals in 6 months. That's why it's approved by the Navy for aviators and seals. It used to be only prk was approved for seals, because HALO jumps were a risk factor. No longer.
>>
>>52939465
That is impressively bad.

LASIK won't correct your vision, but it might let you get by with less thick lenses. I'm sure you have either coke bottles or uncomfortable contacts right now (if not both). No one will correct -20 diopters, but they might get it to -10.

There are other surgeries you could consider.

With vision that bad, I'm sure you have an optometrist. Talk to them. They'll know better than us.
>>
It's been like a year since I got contacts, and now I'm starting to see a lot of floaters... Especially with this snow
They piss me off.

Anyways, in 5 years or they will have probably have worked out all of the remaining issues with corrective eye surgery.

Then, if they could get to work on tinnitus....
>>
>>52939518
not me, but someone in my familly. Actually they should wear even stronger glasses, but 20 is pretty much the maximum you can get on the market. (at least in my country.)

it's just glasses, but they're strong enough that with a frontal look at the face, you can see the ears through the glasses.
>>
I would do laser eye surgery if I found someone I can trust to tell me about it, what results to expect, the risks short and long term, what you can and can't do afterwards, what guarantee they offer if shit fucks up, new technologies coming, examinations on MY eyes if they are good for it or borderline etc.

I just can't find that person and I simply won't believe a word a clinic doing laser surgery themselves or online website have to say about it. I'm also really bothered by the most common risk, getting dry(er) eyes. I've used contacts a few times and they are absolutely useless when I'm in front of a computer. Feels like my eyes dry up really fast, can't focus properly and overall straining all the time. I've tried at least two different contact brands and both did the same. If a laser surgery did something similar I'd be really fucked up.

Anything less than 98-100% perfect vision for at LEAST 10 years is not worth it.
>>
>>52940283
>if I found someone I can trust to tell me about it
Your doctor can give you a great deal of information and can refer you to a specialist.
>>
-9 in right eye and -8.75 in left

Wanted to get it, but I've got chronic dry eye and HORRIBLE aberrations. I can't drive at night because there's so much trailing, starbursting, and halos around lights. Doc said that the aberrations would get worse with LASIK. I'm waiting for bionic eyes.
>>
File: Filterkrillkils2.gif (486 KB, 279x415) Image search: [Google]
Filterkrillkils2.gif
486 KB, 279x415
is it possible to get night vison if they use a infrared laser to do the correction?

is it possible to get better than 20/20 like could they laser on a permanet 5x if you close one eye, for a permanent lupe vision?
>>
>>52933343
I couldnt stop blinking.

that said, it actually makes me want to have it more. shit seems pretty controlled.

I had a relative that had eye surgery like, back in the 60s and they left like a wrinkle in one eye that fucked with his vision
>>
File: 23675665967.jpg (62 KB, 634x284) Image search: [Google]
23675665967.jpg
62 KB, 634x284
>>52933273
>Why do you use contacts/glasses in 2016???
I'm waiting for bionic eyes to be a thing. Fuck the human eyes, we can barly see shit compaired to what other animals can see.
>>
-3.75L/-4.0R, I've been thinking about surgery and correcting my vision but I was born prematurely and already had too much of my retina lasered away. I'm 25 now and well I'm scared as fuck of any side effects it may have in the future.
>>
>>52940984
Indeed. I'm not letting a fucking laser near my eyes until there is a technology to prevent me from going permanently blind.
>>
>>52933273
Enjoy your color fringing, nerd
>>
>>52940396
I don't know where you live but I don't have a personal doctor, at least not anymore.

Still the point to go to a doctor instead wasn't bad, thanks.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.