[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any chance that /g/ got an OVH dedi storage code?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: OVH.png (40 KB, 1192x818) Image search: [Google]
OVH.png
40 KB, 1192x818
Any chance that /g/ got an OVH dedi storage code?
>>
>>52756708
If I could get that per year instead of per month...
>>
>>52756708
>>52757272
>$155/month
Why don't you buy your own server? In less than a year it would be paid. Or are you trying to cuck your wallet m8?
>>
>>52757418
I have my own at home. But I'm cheap
>>
>>52757418
an own dedi srv which is just hosted (colocated) somewhere? yeh, that could also work out i guess, just don't know of any companies like that.
>>
>>52756708
Does this affect the OP

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30563219-rCable-Slow-speeds-to-OVH-QC-datacenter
>>
Sorry, not aware of any live discount codes for anywhere interesting.

Wouldn't mind it if Scaleway has those tiny ARM servers available again soon, but they've been out of stock for months.

>>52758356
There are plenty of hosting companies which will do that, but it's not always cheaper than leasing elsewhere. Depends on the peering, etc. OVH, especially their Kimsufi and SoYouStart brands, and Online.net are fucking cheap (but you get what you pay for when it comes to support, you have been warned).

LeaseWeb (NL) will still colo I think. So will Rapidswitch, not that you want to host anything in the UK anymore.

Maybe you're suggesting a home server, but t depends what you want it for. You won't get decent upstream that way.
>>
>>52759438
Yeah, i need like 20-30TB of storage for a popular website so no way of locating it in my bedroom with my shitty 8MBps upload.
>>52759178
hmm, well shit. i didn't knew OVH is so shitty in CA. I wonder how they are in France.
LeaseWeb is also ok in general, they got similar prices, just no idea which one is better in comparison.
OVH does offers 500mbps line, which decreases to 250mbps if i abuse it too much (over 85% for 3 days of the current month or smth like that) while LeaseWeb offers 100mbps line only (well they do got 1gbps but it's expensive af)

Actually all I need is a balance between great service and price for hosting a website with 12tb+ of images and having 300-500 simultaneous users and 1mil. pagevisits a month....
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.