[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is amazon purposefully bullying customers who choose free shipping?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12
File: cute anime pic 0677.png (268 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0677.png
268 KB, 800x800
Is amazon purposefully bullying customers who choose free shipping?

A few years ago, I could order something from amazon with free shipping and it would arrive in 2 days because I live 20 minutes from an amazon distribution hub.
The website claimed it might take 10 days, but it shipped out the same day I ordered it so I never waited that long.

Today, 10 days really does mean 10 days. They'll literally wait till day 9 to ship it.
And to make it worse, they'll make DHL/UPS/Fedex drop it off at your local post office which adds an inevitable 4 days to shipping time, and you might not even receive it because USPS is so shit.
>>
Just buy prime if you give these jews their money you won't have any problems.
>>
>>52708140
Amazon is garbage, this is not new.
>>
>>52708140
>cute anime pic 0677.png

post entire archive, thanks. also, no, I've had great experience with amazon (as a buyer, not as a seller) b/c I have amazon prime
>>
Amazon prime is basically express order processing.
They used to process all orders in the order received, now they put all prime customers at the front of the queue.
Even if you paid for standard shipping, you would still get shafted unless you're a prime customer.

And once more and more people get prime, all non-prime customers will get shoved into the back.
Amazon is fucking shit, I never order anything fulfilled by amazon because I shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for a package when all the marketplace sellers never take more than 2 days to ship.
>>
File: 1372292340198.png (306 KB, 975x1045) Image search: [Google]
1372292340198.png
306 KB, 975x1045
>>52708140
>Parents pay for prime
>They add my account as a family member
feelsgoodman, get some relatives to leech off.
>>
amazon is an evil company run by a legitimate, tyrannical sociopath. the company culture is literally purposefully molded to promote antisocial values. what do you expect?
>>
File: 1447471743984.png (416 KB, 1083x720) Image search: [Google]
1447471743984.png
416 KB, 1083x720
>>52708140
Please do not bully Akari.
>>
>>52708323
What companies aren't?

Amazon is amazing with prime.
>>
I don't order enough things from Amazon for the $100 to be worth it.
>>
File: 1454054768911.gif (148 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1454054768911.gif
148 KB, 340x340
>>52708140
b-but I get excited waiting for things in the mail
>>
They might not have the items you ordered at that particular warehouse.
If you ordered multiple items, they ship the items to the warehouse nearest to you that does.

i.e.

Warehouse A has item 1, and Warehouse B has item 2.
They'll ship item 2 to Warehouse A, then ship item 1 and 2 to you.
>>
>>52708435
i ordered something 6 days ago, a single item, and it still hasn't shipped
clearly, they're trying to keep their 10 day shipping promise, no early shipments for non-prime customers
fuck them
>>
is amazon the new Walmart before Walmart started paying employees a little more (and now shutting stores..)???

I've ordered once for stuff I couldn't get locally. I'll pay more at the local rather than support a shit company.

The whole "oh I check it out at the store and buy it on Amazon for cheap" shit won't work when there is no store.
>>
>>52708348
most are. not many devote themselves as wholeheartedly to it as amazon does.
>>
>>52708140
>Not having prime
Come on, anon. Amazon has made being a NEET that much easier. They have PrimeNOW which is like online grocery shopping and only takes an hour to get to your house. Fucking amazing.
>>
>>52708470
Business models that no longer work shouldn't be propped up because feelings.
>>
>>52708470
honestly i don't see the difference between supporting your local happy merchants and supporting a larger happy merchant with a website.
The only thing that should matter is how fast you receive your package because that's all that matters.
If it costs more to buy it locally, and you value your time, then buying locally is the better option.
Otherwise, just get it online and wait.
>>
>>52708500
but how do you have money if you are a neet?
>>
>>52708518
resell stuff on amazon from your home.
>>
>>52708547
how are you producing anything of value if you have no starting capital?

also i'm pretty sure you're not a neet if you're self-employed.
And if you're self-employed and still receiving NEETbucks, you're literally in violation of the terms of your disability benefits.
>>
>>52708518
>not knowing about NEETbux
>>
>>52708509
Guess I'm old fashioned and like to feel shoes and kick the tires.

I've just heard their warehouse workers were treated like criminals (maybe they are) paid crap, etc etc.
>>
>>52708517
Thankfully I have a Micro Center close by.
>>
>>52708567
you don't produce anything. you just buy things (damaged or returned stock e.g. gets sold in lots in online auction). then you examine each item, test as working or broken, label, and list.

that's just an example though, to keep to the "amazon" theme of the thread. lots of telecommuting/working_from_home happens now. I personally work from home as a programmer
>>
>>52708628
Maybe they should negotiate for better conditions if they're treated so badly?
>>
>>52708517
>The only thing that should matter is how fast you receive your package because that's all that matters.
if the literal only thing you value about a transaction is this narrow, then sure. but funding amazon's market grab has broader implications both economically and societally. amazon stomps all over smaller businesses -- both competitors and associates -- as a matter of routine, and that money doesn't feed back into the economy in any meaningful way. it fucks people out of jobs, because amazon doesn't create any meaningful opportunities where it destroys them. the most poignant lateral alternative is working for minimum wage in one of their forced labor camps.

every transaction you make with amazon goes directly to their coffers, rather than stimulating your local economy. amazon uses that money to consolidate more money and economic power, and as we've seen, trickle-down economics is turning out to be a pretty big joke.

but again, if all you care about is getting your package as fast as possible for the absolute lowest price no matter the consequences, nobody will be able to hcange your mind.
>>
>>52708669
They may get deported
>>
>>52708669
go ahead, try to unionize at an amazon warehouse. you have zero leverage -- every single one of you is not just replaceable, but eminently replaceable. even if they fired every single employee at a warehouse, they would have it up again probably within a couple days.
>>
>>52708700
Tough shit.
>>
>>52708364
it's $40 a year if you're a "student," which basically means if you're under 29, you can get it for cheap. I've been using it for 7 or 8 years at 40 bucks a year.
>>
>>52708669
unionizing only works when you're not a worthless unskilled scrub
notice how unions are all centered around industries that have specialized skills
there's no unions for walmart employees or assembly line workers because they're literally an expendable resource.
>>
>>52708711
>>52708731
I guess their low pay is what they deserve, barring the artificially high wage floor.

They know what they will be paid before signing on though, so there doesn't seem to be anyone to blame but themselves.
>>
yes

they jack up the price of something you've viewed recently so you think it'll be even more expensive, as to trick you into buying it now

and then on the weekend they lower the price again in case you haven't bought it yet
>>
>>52708518
>Thinking all neets are poor
Funnily enough, Amazon grocery prices are lower than local stores.
>>
Always comes ahead of schedule for me, and I've only used their free $25/35 shipping. The only issue I've had was when the carrier delivered the package to the wrong post office like two states away, which wasn't even Amazon's fault.
>>
>>52708814
>tfw end of route
>get package at like 7-8pm
>>
>>52708681
^^^right there

I like being able to go listen to speakers, check out fish, smelling the leather, etc. before buying.

I'll support my local business, and buy local food when possible.
>>
>>52708812
>Funnily enough, Amazon grocery prices are lower than local stores.
lol no they're not. Confirmed for never leaving the house.
>>
>>52708812
>look up milk
>just 1 brand
$74 a gallon
wow what the fuck
>>
File: 1453514658681.png (743 KB, 1384x1496) Image search: [Google]
1453514658681.png
743 KB, 1384x1496
As someone who lives in Israel, I literally CANNOT order anything from Amazon.
How else am I going to order my overpriced desktop equipment?
These stupid kikes...
>>
>>52708768
>there doesn't seem to be anyone to blame but themselves
i would argue that the worker is the absolute opposite of where you should be laying the blame. blame the educational system for not giving people more opportunities, blame labor law for allowing amazon's literally deplorable work conditions, blame amazon themselves for the sociopathic, dehumanizing assumptions they make on manual labors.

nobody aspires to work 8 hours a day in an amazon warehouse for minimum wage, they do it because they have no other options. the "nobody to blame but themselves" idea is a pretty complementary concept if you are in the business of self-serving glorification of personal agency, but the fact of life is that people are products of their environments.

a lot of people have had zero opportunity because of how they have been programmed by the summary of their life's experience to ever find themselves anywhere other than working minimum wage at a sweat shop so some chicken-head sociopath can jerk off on a bigger pile of money.
>>
>>52708768
If you are paying taxes in America, did you know you are also paying for minimum wage people and in turn providing corporate welfare? Nevermind, I know the answer.
>>
I can't even buy from Amazon

thanks third world
>>
File: 1441471112275.png (53 KB, 656x773) Image search: [Google]
1441471112275.png
53 KB, 656x773
>live in switzerland
>live literally right at german border
>could be in germany in 5 minutes
>could get prime shipping amazon neet heaven if I moved 5 minutes away
>instead the mountain jews take their taxes and make me pay between $20+ more per item, with half of the items not shipping at all
>because of a distance of 5 minutes
normies wärde nie sottigi gfüühl vrstoh
>>
File: melonpan flying waifu.jpg (336 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
melonpan flying waifu.jpg
336 KB, 1800x1200
>>52708959
i thought all swiss people were rich with boatloads of disposible income to do stupid and sexually liberating things in their free time
>>
>>52709029
See, there are two types of people in Switzerland. There are real people (usually the kind that live in cities and less-rich neighborhoods) and then there are fucking /swiss/ people aka old grumpy richfag mountain jews that live in suburbs and call the police when there's noise past 10pm or their neighbor's hedge is unruly.
I am part of the former and cannot afford to order my shit through amazon regularly when I usually have to pay $20-$50 on top. The latter group, of course, would be way too fucking stingy to spend that much either.
And regarding sexual liberation, you're probably thinking of Sweden. Fun is only allowed under very strict conditions between certain times outside of public view up to a certain noise threshold here in Switzerland.
>>
>>52708342
>>
>>52709029
I want to wear a maid dress too
>>
File: melonpan nico.jpg (86 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
melonpan nico.jpg
86 KB, 600x900
>>52709325
you can do anything when you're rich and have no taste
>>
>>52708895
>>52708910
Whoops, I guess I forgot to check my privilege.
>>
>>52708140
It's called logistics.

if they have 3 widgets and 4 people who want them, but 2 of them are willing to wait 4 and 7 days respectively, and there's more widgets on the way in 3 more days, then it makes sense to fill 2 widgets. And if tomorrow some other guy comes along and wants a widget, they can sell it to him, knowing that they still can meet all demands.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (419 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
419 KB, 1152x864
>>52708140
>>
>>52709348
>i'm intellectually lazy
>it's easier to just spout memes
>>
Honestly I'm worried because tracking service details stopped 23 hours ago at Cologne.

Amazon delivery is kinda fucky, but things arrive early around half the time for me. Maybe it's just the US.
>>
>>52708140
I work ups and I literally guarantee you that amazon is not trying to fuck you over. Amazon takes shit being on time more seriously than any other company we work for. If a box has prime tape, we better fucking get it there.

Your package was likely late because of the four inches of snow that crippled most of the eastern US recently.

It's also worth noting that you may have ordered from a private seller at amazon, who had to take the item to a local fedex/ups store themself. If that was the case this was the fault of the seller and not amazon.

Yes I know I sound like a fucking shill and I basically just shilled amazon for free. I'm not getting paid, fuck what you think. I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>52709558
>amazon doesn't even touch your order or charge your credit card until 7 days after I click order.
>it's the weather!!

you're a retard
>>
>>52709587
>no one can get to work
>nothing gets done
>woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>52709441
>>
>>52708959
Can't you get a PO box in Germany and use a VPN?
>>
What made akari sick?
>>
>>52710124
windows 10
>>
>>52710124
It looks like she got punched in the stomach so hard that she threw up.
I don't know why anyone would bully Akari though.
>>
>>52709891
Plenty of people actually do, you don't even need a VPN. But I don't have a car.
>>
The only reason we have prime at the moment because it was discounted, and we wanted to watch some of it's TV shows.

The delivery is just a bonus.
>>
>>52709558
>we can't even handle four fucking inches of snow anymore
I did not expect this feel
>>
>>52709558

nice try brown fag

i live in florida and watched you take a fucking package from Riverview and ship it up to fucking Orlando then back down to fucking Sarasota

all while waiting till the last of the 3-5 business days to "ship" it because i didnt pay for "express shipping"

meanwhile fucking Gamefly in tampa sends a game and its in my Mailbox the next day, which means it went thru atleast 2 USPS locations and got to my local branch early enough for the daily sorting

and they're working for fucking free unlike you brown fags
>>
>>52710219
she got punched in the stomach for not having amazon prime
>>
>>52710124

before
>>52709280
after
>>52708140
>>
>>52708140
They punish you because you don't pay for prime obviously.

Learn to be a better goy.
>>
>>52709346

pls post more

also Am/a/zon sucks ass cause they dont grey out a next day or 2nd day shipping option when you buy something on a friday or saturday when they know nobody ships on sundays and most dont ship on saturdays or by the time they start processing the return it wont start till monday
>>
>>52708873
>As someone who lives in Israel, I literally CANNOT order anything from Amazon.
>what is amazon.de
How jew can be so baka?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.