[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /g/ ever injured themselves badly on tech stuff before? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: received_203720153307549.jpg (69 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
received_203720153307549.jpg
69 KB, 960x540
Has /g/ ever injured themselves badly on tech stuff before? I fell over my cable management today and sprained my ankle.
>>
nothing more than cuts and a broken nail thankfully
>>
I sliced my finger installing my 212 EVO. Didn't notice till after I finished mounting it. There's blood on some of the fins, didn't bother to clean it up though, it adds character to my rig
>>
>>52687983
>Has /g/ ever injured themselves badly on tech stuff before?
Pretty much everyone who's ever unplugged a Molex power connector
>>
I dropped a soldering iron and instinctively caught it by the hot end and couldn't use my left hand for a month
>>
>>52687983
Once I cut a finger with the whip of a Beyblade. that counts?
>>
>>52687983
I've developed horrible tendinosis in both hands due to too much shitposting and vim.
>>
>>52688057
Ouch, how big a cut? And did it actually affect your system?
>>
>>52688073
> /thread
Somehow I never fail to scratch up my hands when working inside a case. Especially my server which is in a mITX case.
>>
>>52688080
Its tech, so sure.

Accidentally cut my finger playing with a friends butterfly knife, never again. Hurt way too damn much for a small cut
>>
>>52688109
It was one of those long shallow cuts where not much blood b came out unless you move the skin in a position where v it opens. No blood on the MoBo fans or CPU or anything but some left of the v fins and a drop or two on the center of the hinge thing that you screw on to mount it.
>>
>>52687983
Spastic fuck.
>>
>>52688075
>instincts
>>
I'm instictively not retarded so no, how the hell you tripped over something you put there....

I will never umderstand
>>
>>52688073
This.
Those fuckers are in there tight...
>>
>>52688057

It's not a real build until you shed some blood for it!
>>
Sliced 3 of my fingers wide open on bare sheet metal when working in an ultra-poor build for a co-worker. This was the kind of case that was like $15 including a "500w" power supply. The expansion slot covers weren't even held in by thumbscrews. They were like tack welded in place. You had to rip them off. Blood EVERYWHERE. I actually had to take the pc apart and blow the pcie slots out with compressed air because I dripped blood on the motherboard and didnt know if blood was conductive.
>>
>>52687983

I cut myself once while installing a heatsink
>>
File: IMG_20160129_152515.jpg (164 KB, 1481x1428) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160129_152515.jpg
164 KB, 1481x1428
I removed a piece of my finger on a small hard drive I was trying to destroy. The part at the top of the nail, its still deformed.

It bled a lot but that's about it.

I have more injuries from my job though, HVAC can be dangerous.
>>
I cut my finger in a cpu fan while it was working(stupid yeah?) because some piece of a sticker fell ik it and made noise i i tried to take it out. Another thing that happened to me is with molex plugs (almost destroy pc when i took it out) and the 24 pin connector in a small case (i made some cuts on my wrist)
>>
Had a deep cut on one of my first cases' HDD enclosures, it was a cheap case and the drive got stuck, cut myself right above the nail on my index finger, flesh was literally hanging by a small thread of flesh, put it back together quickly tried to stop the bleeding and put a bandaid on top.
Now I got a massive scar above my nail that actually goes in to the section where the nail connects to the top skin, I think the nerves got damaged because I can barely feel anything in the area behind the scar, but it seems to have regenerated properly beyond that.
>>
>>52687983
Yep, really bad.
When I was 6 the sysadmin at my school used to give me old PC parts to look at and use, littles did he know I took them home to smash them up.
One day he gives me his 1000w psu and says "this is actually mine but its broken so you can have it"
>OH BOY
>go home
>unscrew housing
>go to snip off capacitor
>receive the worst ectric shock I've ever felt
>have to go to hospital to make sure my heart wasn't fucked
Dad taught me about capacitors when he got home later, was mad at mum who didn't distinguish that PSUs are dangerous.
I continued to collect and break it guys stuff and eventually pretended to build a pc from the stuff, I never snapped any of the sticks or boards so the connections were intact enough to figure out where shit went.
A year later from that experience the it guy started actually teaching me about computers.
And so my love for computers began.
>>
File: xray.jpg (154 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
xray.jpg
154 KB, 2048x1152
I once stamped on a wireless router so hard it got stuck in my foot.
Had to go to A&E to get it out, hurt like a bitch, but got some cool x-rays.
>>
File: xray2.jpg (226 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
xray2.jpg
226 KB, 2048x1152
>>52691329
Another x-ray.
Got some laughing gas whilst they pulled it out though, which was kinda nice.
>>
I've come pretty close:

One time I was swinging my keys around and as I went to flick a light switch on they hit the exposed light switch, and the keys exploded. Luckily it was just my keys though, and not my whole hand.
>>
>>52691329
>I once stamped on a wireless router so hard it got stuck in my foot
why would you stamp on something barefoot?
why was your router on the floor within stamping distance?
why would you ever have a wireless router on the floor?
>>
>>52691329
>>52691350
why
>>
>>52691329
>>52691350
You are a wonderful human being.
I love you.
>>
Only meckbearded pc faggots have cables problem. My iMac has only 1 cable
>>
Holy shit you're a bunch of faggots. I knew people who worked in officers were queers, but holy shit you all take the biscuit. I cut my finger!!! that is what 2 year olds cry about.
>>
i almost went blind staring into a microwave that had faulty circuits and operated when the door was open
>>
>>52691491
I think blindness might be the least of your concerns.
>>
>>52691376
>they hit the exposed light switch, and the keys exploded

Wat
>>
>>52691488
Macfag spotted
>>
>>52691329
>>52691437

>********************STOMP
>>
>>52691437
I wasn't barefoot, it went through my sock. really fucking hurt.
There were 9 copper pins on the router as a sort of heat sink for a chip which protruded about 2cm.
Because there were 9 of them, they held on really tight, and we though something hook shaped had gone in, and so we couldn't just pull it out and had to get it x-rayed to see what it was that was stuck.

FYI: the router still worked for a few days when we got back.
>>
Dropped my laptop on my foot the other day. Only hurry for a few minutes. Ultrabooks >
>>
File: 1449831876977.jpg (15 KB, 540x402) Image search: [Google]
1449831876977.jpg
15 KB, 540x402
>>52691520

Basically the same result as pic related
>>
Cut my finger unplugging some old ass dvi. I don't even know how, probably one of those PCI back covers was wrongly removed, leaving bits of twisted sharp metal.
>>
Does soldering count? If so then several burns.
Well, you know what they say, the trick is not minding.
>>
You mean you fell over your lack of cable management, OP? Still a faggot.
>>
>>52687983
Rammed a screwdriver in my hand, that was probably what hurt the worst, followed by a dropped screen on my foot because the handle of the box it was in broke.
What lasted the longest was a burn by molten glass, although that was more /sci/ and not /g/ related.
The most dangerous was an electric shock.

Cuts on sharp edges and burning myself with my soldering iron also happen quite regularly.
>>
I slicrd my finger open while replacing a hot swappable SAS drive on a DL380. It's the newer Gen 8 design with the small form factor drives. The leaver is sharp apparently. I clipped my finger tip on it and didn't notice I cut myself until I saw blood on the floor.
>>
I once tried to put a fork in a toaster and the fuse went off, does that count ?
>>
>>52691672
But light switches are completely insulated.
>>
>>52687983
I like those cute little lenovostations, but why windows 7?
>>52688075
Same for a hot air gun, wasn't as bad a burn as yours though.
>>
>>52692039
This one wasn't, it was an exposed one inside an unfinished garage
>>
>>52691329
>>52691350
Fucking fantastic.
>>
>>52692092
Your electrician must be a retard for leaving an energized circuit uninsulated.
>>
>>52687983
>I fell over my cable management today and sprained my ankle
What the fuck? If your cables are managed they should be out of the way. If you tripped over your cables then clearly your cables weren't managed.
>>
Had to remove the fan from a Cpu cooler Fan combo to turn around for better cable management. Ripped open 4 fingers on the cooling shit as it went off
I still fucking hate those things
>>
>>52691329
>>52691350
Android SmartShoe™, now with WiFi
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.