[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nootropics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: nootropics.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
nootropics.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
Nootropics were popularized by cyberculture, does that make them /g/?
>>
File: is he actually this inane.png (2 MB, 514x989) Image search: [Google]
is he actually this inane.png
2 MB, 514x989
>>52680246
Ah, another drug addiction thread on the tech board.
>>
Vapin' n working thats the MAJOR key to more success
>>
coffee brewing equipment is considered technology
>>
>>52680270
>Nootropics
>Addiction
Not schway.
>>
I like nootropics but they don't belong here.

Try another chan instead.
>>
Do these even work? How different are they to coffee or adderall? I prefer coffee nowadays even though I have a ton of adderalls left over.. I just hate the way I feel and feel like I don't do any actual work on them and just feel really really good, like everything is gonna be okay.
>>
>>52680350
Coffee gives you jitters and shits, then you crash. L-Theanine and Caffeine are a popular combo that won't give you any of that, basically a concentrated version of the effects Green Tea has on your brain.

I really like Piracetam + Alpha-GPC myself, I haven't had another combo work for me that well.

Nootropics are cheap and legal if you're ever interested in trying them.
>>
File: 1442865687379.jpg (76 KB, 300x898) Image search: [Google]
1442865687379.jpg
76 KB, 300x898
Every single Nootropic beside amp and caffeine literally do fucking nothing.

Just stick to caffeine and call it a day. amp is very addictive and causes damage to your heart, mental health, and actually reduces cognitive function and causes memory problems in the long-term.

I know because I used to do heroin with a few high school friends in abandoned buildings. One of them found a steady supply of amp and one day just stopped coming to our get togethers. Turns out he died from an smp overdose and his heart failed. The weird part was a glock and a bunch of loaded magazines. None of us know how the fuck he got access to that firearm or who he was after but he sure as hell wanted to go balls out if he took so much amp. He wasn't like this before he started using amp, he was a pretty chill guy who kept to himself in school and had good grades.

Anyway, just get enough sleep and stop eating fucking garbage.
>>
>>52680246
So is there actually a trend of micro-dosing LSD as a nootropic in Silicon Valley?

Would that make it /g/?

Can I believe any response I get?
>>
I've been taking various nootropics for well over a year. The effects of each compound are different on everyone. But they do fucking work. Anyone saying otherwise is a just a tryhard who is into being all natural, or has taken so much adderall that they are trying to find a non-prescribed alternative. That's not the point of nootropics. Now for those interested, I'd recommend that you spend at least $40 initially on different samples sizes before you go and drop $30 on a single tub of a compound that you don't get any affects from.

My personal stack for getting shit done:
DMAE
Vitamin D3
Piracetam
Noopept
Bacopa Mon.
Caffeine + L-Theanine

I re-up on Caffeine + L-Theanine and Piracetam twice a day.

My stack for feeling good:
Tianeptine Sulfate
L-Theanine
Phenibut HCL
Ashwaganda
>>
>>52680805
How are you supposed to take this stuff? Should I be doing it daily, or can I just take some when it's time to get shit done.

I'm looking for a non-addictive alternative to caffeine that I can take when I need a boost. Not something I need to consistently take just to operate normally.
>>
>>52680696
Recreational doses of amp will fuck you up. Clinical doses of Adderall of Vyvanse should be fine long term.

>>52680782
I don't know if there's a trend, but a lot of people have reported that microdosed LSD works wonders. Problem is that you build up a tolerance to it very quickly so it's not practical to do it for any extended period of time.
>>
>>52680868
>Clinical doses of Adderall of Vyvanse should be fine long term.
Indeed but people in this thread want superpowers not treat a mental illness. They are going to eventually up the dosage as their tolerance grows.
>>
>>52680851
It depends.

You won't come close to how you feel on Caffeine with much else besides other stimulants because caffeine is a stimulants. And all stimulants have a tolerance build up.

If you're really looking to feel less of the effects of being "addicted" to caffeine, I'd recommend you combo it with 150 mg of L-Theanine every time you have a cup of coffee or take a caffeine pill.

In terms of building focus or concentrating, most people recommend and I recommend you try out some 'racetams. Specifically try Piracetam first. With racetams there isn't a build up or period of having to take it before you feel effects. You should notice it the first couple times you take it. Most racetams come in powder form and have a short half-life, so you usually retake them multiple times a day. In my experience, there is no tolerance.
>>
Caffeine + L Theanine is literally better than 99% of nootropics.

And i've tried many of them. Sleeping/eating right/exercising has a much bigger impact than any nootropic.
>>
>>52680997
What about Noopept? I've heard it's much stronger than Piracetam.
>>
>>52681042
Not him, but I tried Noopept (both the OG Russian stuff and some American made stuff) and it did nothing at all. In fact, it sometimes made me feel slightly dopey.
>>
>>52681042
Phenylpiracetam is far and away the most noticeable piracetam.
I wouldn't bother with anything else.
>>
>>52680696
>Every single Nootropic beside amp and caffeine literally do fucking nothing.

Take 300mg of phenylpiracetam and try to go to sleep. Then tell me it does nothing.
>>
Phenibut is the shit. The Soviets used to give it to Cosmonauts to keep them level on missions. Just don't do it every day, you can get burned out.
>>
I take 5mg of melatoning most nights. Hope this helps.
>>
>>52681329
Ignore anyone who says "nootropics do nothing" and then tries to validate their position by saying, "I used to do hard drugs."
>>
>>52681537
But heroin isn't a nootropic.
>>
>>52681556
Exactly why it doesn't serve as a basis of experience or validation of knowledge on nootropics.
>>
>>52681522
Yeah but phenibut is basically a benzo. Not really a nootropic at all.
>>
>no one has mentioned modafinil yet

how does it feel being low productivity /g/
>>
>>52681572
Currently not enough research has been done on nootropics to conclude that they do enhance memory or cognitive function.

Therefore it is safe to assume they are snake oil until proven otherwise.
>>
>>52681694
http://www.gwern.net/Nootropics
>>
>>52681794
>Blogpost about a single user experimenting with nootropics counts as enough research
k
>>
>>52681681
feels adequate and my brain's gonna keep working for a while too
>>
If your mental health is great then you will mostly benefit from modafinil or caffeine+l-theanine.

If your mind is fucked up, have fun looking for your goldmine.
>>
>>52682035
>If your mental health is great then you will mostly benefit from modafinil or caffeine+l-theanine.
No you won't
>>
>>52681836
>Shitpost by a strung out "ex"-junkie experimenting with nootropics counts as proof that nootropics don't work
>>
>>52682087
I assume stimulants work for completely healthly people.
>>
>>52682159
He never said that you dense fuck, his friend died from an AMP overdose. AMP can literally improve mental performance at the cost of long term side effects so it's mostly shunned by the nootropic community.

Which is really weird because it's the only drug that actually fucking works at all for improved mental performance.
>>
>>52680805
>DMAE
"Centrophenoxine is to DMAE like Alpha-GPC is to Choline."
http://examine.com/supplements/centrophenoxine/

Taking it easy now on bacopa extract + ashwagandha and caffeine. I find theanine to be pretty wasteful in price/effectiveness as a supplement. If you're sensitive to anxiety, then look into learning how to breathe. Just a simple process of raising pH levels of the blood.

Nootropics makes me forget to fap for days. Less distraction, less moody, more productive, content for having a clearer understanding of things. Real helpful for those who need to get organizized. But no drug is going to miraculously make your life any better, it's what YOU decide to do during your time using them.
>>
this is relevant to my interests
>>
File: Drum-Original_lista_marchi.jpg (9 KB, 201x180) Image search: [Google]
Drum-Original_lista_marchi.jpg
9 KB, 201x180
you guys are a bunch of are a bunch of dipshits, if it's been good enough for the last 200 years, it's good enough now.
>>
>>52680805
>Piracetam
TASTES LIKE SHIT
how can you drink it twice a day?
>>
>>52684625
You are right, I just try to put the powder on the back of my tongue and wash it down quick.
>>52681042
Noopept is very hit or miss, as the other anon said, it is one where you will feel like you wasted your money if you don't get a sample pack first.
>>52682422
Good advice anon. Didn't read about that. Thanks.
>>52681681
Modafinal is prescription in the US. All of these other nootropics are not prescription.
>>
>>52680350
Try a low dose of meth. You'll get stuff done no joke
>>
>>52685165
Damnit Jesse...
>>
>>52682208

What is AMP? Amphetamine?
>>
I tried adrafinil and piracetum and both seemed like fucking nothing. Best thing I did for my wakefulness was start taking a short afternoon nap.
>>
Where do you edgelords find all this shit
>>
File: SJfFYou.png (2 MB, 1600x1587) Image search: [Google]
SJfFYou.png
2 MB, 1600x1587
>>52685418
>>
cheri oteri = the posters in this tread
john goodman = the rest of /g/
>>
>>52685418
Google, or the best resource is rebbit.com/r/nootropics wiki.
>>
>>52680696
>amp is very addictive and causes damage to your heart, mental health, and actually reduces cognitive function and causes memory problems in the long-term.
Bullshit. Taken at therapeutic doses it is quite safe. Your friend was probably taking ~100mg at once. Since he OD'd, he might have taken over 200mg at once. Most people take 20mg to 40mg extended release. That is a much smaller dose over a longer time.
>>
Never heard of nootropics before this thread.
Looks interesting, and I know I'll be checking out >>52685522 soon enough.
I've got so many classes where I have to basically teach myself because the professor does fuck all in the lectures.
Problem is (like I'm sure some/most of you have had here) that I can't seem to concentrate while reading. That and I have a severe motivation problem.

It's pretty reassuring to find out that coffee isn't my only option now.
>>
>>52685608
If concentration and motivation are the problem, get yourself some Adderall. Most nootropics have dubious efficacy, but EVERYONE agrees that Adderall works wonders for focus and motivation. When I'm on it, I feel superhumanly focused, motivated, and organized.

It is very easy to find on college campuses and not all that hard to get from a doctor. If this is going to be a long-term solution, I would definitely talk to a doctor rather than getting it illegally.

It also reduces appetite, so if you have weight problems (like many people on 4chan do) it can help with that.

It's powerful stuff, so be careful.
>>
>>52685608
>can't seem to concentrate while reading. That and I have a severe motivation problem
Yeah, talk to the doctor first, self-medicating is a bad idea. That might or might not be an ADHD/ADD.
>>
>>52685737
>Most nootropics have dubious efficacy, but EVERYONE agrees that Adderall works wonders for focus and motivation.
Kind of. Everyone agrees it is powerful, but it doesn't help everyone work effectively. Some people find themselves spinning their wheels doing useless work, e.g. cleaning their room when they should be writing a paper. You may very well find yourself manic rather than determined.

Basically, it's super-coffee. It can have the same exact benefits to focus and energy, but can result in the same jitters, racing thoughts, and irritability. It's DEFINITELY not a placebo, but not everyone find it useful.

But don't let that discourage you. For motivation and concentration, it is definitely the first thing you should try.
>>
>>52681681

Modafinil is prescription only in the U.S.

However, Adrafinil is legal to buy online in the U.S. and basically the same thing. It takes longer to get into your system and presents a higher load on your liver. No worse then Tylenol, but don't overdose it!

I also wouldn't take it more then two days in a row, less because of your liver and more because you body needs sleep and if you keep short circuiting that signal you will fuck yourself up.

If you're tired Adrafinil works. I only use it when I absolutely need it, but it does help you push through the day when you're exhausted from not enough sleep. You'll still feel tired, but not nearly as much, and you can focus.
>>
>>52681694

There's a lot of research on piracetam, phenylpiracetam, and some of the variations like aniracetam.

Unfortunately most of it involves impaired subjects. Just because it helps someone with dementia does not mean it will help a healthy adult.

That said, the research that exists for healthy adults does look interesting. I would say it's a sure bet that piracetam / phenylpiracetam have some antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects when dosed correctly.
>>
>>52685855
i feel you there, but theres also the people who enjoy being sped the fuck up.

I self medicate with it (too paranoid to see a psych), 15mg twice a week.

I have to take the shit after i start working, fuck me i cant take the shit when i wake up or else yea i'm cleaning the house and suddenly late to work.

BUT the big thing is i hate the feeling, i just enjoy the sensation from the amount of work i get done those days, like i cannot stand being hyped up on adderal, as soon as my work is done, i smoke as much weed as i can to come the fuck down.

But i know some people who LOVE the feeling, and will just space out and play video games and wouldn't even considering using it to do work.

Everyone handles every drug a little differently.

I also drink like a 6pack of Dr Pepper every day so caffeine has literally no effect of me anymore.Yet i only weight 150, even with all the junk i fucking shovel into my mouth.
>>
>>52685608
A lot of people are saying Adderall, but it can be hard to come by, and can potentially mess you up long term. I reccomend phenylpiracetam, easy to buy relatively cheaply online, most places in the world. It basically makes focusing on interesting things easier. Working on something while on it feels so much better. It's non-addictive, and it has a huge drop off in effectiveness if you take it consecutively, so it's as safe as can be really. You really need a scale to measure dosages though, if you don't have a milligram scale you open yourself up to a world of uncomfortable and potentially dangerous mistakes. Try 100-150mg doses of phenylpiracetam to start with, depending on how tolerant you are to things like that.'
>>
>>52685983
>i feel you there, but theres also the people who enjoy being sped the fuck up.
We aren't talking about enjoyment. If you want to take it recreationally, that's another matter. For recreation people take VERY high doses. Taking those sorts of doses on a regular basis to get work done would be dangerous and not helpful.
>>
>>52685887
>>52685055
>Modafinal is prescription in the US
OH, NO. The goverment won't let me take it. Let me take all this placebo herbal medications instead.
Fucking morons
>>
>lol dude drugs
Get lost.
>>
>>52686029
i couldn't imagine taking more than 30mg

>hey bro try this 50mg vivance its like the equivalent to 20mg adderall
took it at 8am, was still high as fuck at 1am, i thought i was going to fucking die.
>>
File: 1453561893258.png (278 KB, 706x412) Image search: [Google]
1453561893258.png
278 KB, 706x412
Reccomended beginner stuff for concentration and relaxation? The only thing I've ever tried was DXM multiple times up to 1200mg
>>
>>52686247
Caffeine and L-Theanine is pretty beginner.
>>
>>52680868
how the fuck do you micro dose LSD? i had 25mg at some time and it was not enough to trip hard but enough to stress my mind so much that it felt like waiting in the most literal sense to trip but never start tripping balls.

I call bullshit on micro dosing
>>
average /g/entooman:

> doesn't code
> is a NEET
> recommends you do drugs

see a pattern? ( protip: you can't ( b/c drugs ))
>>
>>52687169
Drug coding is an advantage for some people you dolt.

Most people abuse it, but think of it like a senzu bean.
>>
>>52680246
josh, pls

>inifinity never
jej
>>
>>52680246
Idk man.
Havn't done enough delving into nootropics. I just take good old fashion amphetamines.
>>
>>52687251
this legit made me think i was on /tech/ for a sec

top zoz
>>
>>52687061
>25mg
you ate 2500 tabs and didnt feel anything?
damn dude

put seriously, what i've read a "true" microdose is 5-10micro grams, 25 is to the point where you start feeling the mental effects and at that point your body expects to trip and wants it.

that being said i could never work on lsd that just sounds crazy.
Was fucking hard enough trying to skype the weed man to bring me weed tripping out.
>>
>>52687406
What's tech? Full4/inf/over...?
>>
>>52687448
missed the ยต

but thinking what a disaster that was, 5 to 10 should be horrible enough, let alone that dosing acid is a pain.

when i did the 25 i cut a 100 tab into 4 pieces which were more or less even in size, so i just assume it was around 25. smoked some hash to milden the potential mindfuck, still had an exhausting day and some hppd for the next few days
>>
Just get dextroamphetamine.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.