[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had to choose between a job at Apple, Google, Tesla or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
If you had to choose between a job at Apple, Google, Tesla or Microsoft: Which one would you decide for?
>>
>>52677848
I choose my master Elon
>>
>>52677848
Microsoft. I know nothing about programming but I bet I could do a better job than those useless fucks.
>>
>>52677848
Apple.
>>
>>52677848
Tesla

desu probably Google because their so relaxed, also
>last place they'd look is inside the botnet itself
>>
Apple, maybe Microsoft
>>
>>52677848
I've already made the choice. I work at Microsoft.
>>
I would take a job with Tesla, but I wouldn't make it so I'd go work for Apple
>>
Tesla.
>>
>>52678461
That's no good, anon. You could be working towards bettering the world. Instead you are working on some bullshit OS for some bullshit corporation.

I wish you luck, anon, I really do. I know you will find your path someday.
>>
Apple or Microsoft, they seem like pretty tame places to work comparatively.
>>
>>52679023
>working at Microsoft means working on Windows.
try harder faggot
>>
Nintendo, so I can work alongside my father.
>>
>>52679703
The only possibly worthwhile thing Microsoft does is that cloud service of theirs, Azure or whatever.
If you're not working on that, my point still stands.
>>
I work at Google now. I interviewed at Microsoft and you can tell they're a more traditional company trying to be hip and young. Their flex-time means you can come in as late as 10, and they have free drinks. That about covers their day-to-day perks. At Google I show up whenever I want (rarely before noon) and food and drinks are both free. I also can't imagine Microsoft serving alcohol (maybe they do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't) the way Google does.

I haven't seen the Apple or Tesla offices, but rumor is that you get worked to death at Apple. Especially when Jobs was there, because he had really high standards. In contrast, Google's super laid back.
>>
>>52677882
nope. the issues are systematic. you can't move the needle on anything, the second you do, a bunch of ego-fags with fancy titles will swoop down and kill whatever spirit you might have had for such a shitty corporation.
there's a reason m$ and amazon give such insane stock packages: they know you'll probably leave in less than a year.
>>
>>52677848
>>52679867
>I haven't seen the Apple or Tesla offices, but rumor is that you get worked to death at Apple. Especially when Jobs was there, because he had really high standards. In contrast, Google's super laid back.

>work at google
>everyone uses macs to mac android products

>work at apple
>everyone uses windows to make apple products

>work at ms
>everyone uses windows to make windows products

Microsoft if I had to because I don't want to be a cuck.
>>
>>52679899
that's not true. you choose your laptop during orientation, either a macbook or a thinkpad running google's custom linux distro.
>>
File: 1453081431608.jpg (87 KB, 410x416) Image search: [Google]
1453081431608.jpg
87 KB, 410x416
>>52677848
Apple or Google, Apple is based and solid but google seems comfy as fuck, so it's a hard choice.

>>52679703
Holy fuck I miss that time when games were actually good
>>
>>52679899
also you're not allowed to have source code on laptops anyways. all development happens on desktop linux machines.
>>
>>52679867
Can confirm the apple thing. Two former classmates of mine got internships at apple as engineers and both reported they got worked to the bone.
>>
File: 1452173475504.png (104 KB, 749x773) Image search: [Google]
1452173475504.png
104 KB, 749x773
>>52680087
Apple, not even once.
>>
neet
>>
>>52680107
i'm still not convinced that's true. google/apple offer above market packages, and if you're good enough to work for them, you're good enough to interview elsewhere and prove that i'm right.
it's probably for rare cases like core android/ios devs, where it could seriously hurt the project if the other company offered a huge salary. neither google nor apple have anything to gain from such tactics.
>>
>>52677848
Microsoft, since I'm not a Linux or Mac user
>>
>>52679867
>yfw hooli is google
>>
>>52680232
yes, but if you don't have stock in pied piper, you'd make more money at hooli.
>>
>>52679815
>The only possibly worthwhile thing Microsoft does
Xbox
Live
Office365
Azure
Exchange
SharePoint
Lync (Skype for business)
I believe a major Open Computer contributor
Active Directory
Exchange Online Protection (EOP)
Outlook.com / Hotmail / etc
Windows server
Powershell

It's like you're not even trying. I mean fuck, I work for the company. I can think of lots and lots of reasons to hate them, but that's not one of them.
>>
>>52679867
> traditional company trying to be hip and young. Their flex-time means you can come in as late as 10, and they have free drinks

Can confirm. Also, when Microsoft says they pride themselves on work / life balance, what the mean is that they own you. Er, well, depending on group I guess. PSS support is REALLY FUCKING TERIBLE.

Pockets of MSIT are pretty cool, and MTE was awesome.
>>
>>52680413
All broken too. Faggot probably spends his time on fourchin instead of fixing his assigned lync bugs
>>
>>52680631
Broken? Really? No.

And no, I spend very little time on a Mongolian cave painting board at work. I usually helping people fix transport rules that they fucked up in Exchange...
>>
>>52677848
Microsoft or Google.

Google for youtube and Microsoft for improving their app store and xbox division.
>>
>>52677848
I'd suck Bill's and Nutella's dicks any time of the day
>>
File: Happy (1).jpg (28 KB, 330x357) Image search: [Google]
Happy (1).jpg
28 KB, 330x357
>>52677848
>not smart enough to work at Tesla.
>not dominant enough to work at Microsoft
>not jewish enough to work at Apple
>just dumb enough to work at Google
>>
>>52680204
>this delusional
>>
File: 1400478563899.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1400478563899.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>52680631
>>
>>52679929
>either a macbook or a thinkpad running google's custom linux distro.
Guess how many of them choose the chinkpad?

About as many as you would see on a typical lib arts college campus.

Would you seriously take a thinkpad over a macbook when both are free?
>>
>>52678461
This, already accepted my offer
>>
File: Awww! _3 sad face! — Catmoji.jpg (15 KB, 480x309) Image search: [Google]
Awww! _3 sad face! — Catmoji.jpg
15 KB, 480x309
>>52678461
ok mr I work at microsoft why did you have to kill windows for what reason tell me
>>
Microsoft.
>>
NSA
>>
>>52677848
Microsoft.
Probably Tesla would be the lesser devil but I don't really think I would find a job that satisfies me in that industry
>>
>>52680413
>, I work for the company
I dont know if your that other guy so if you're that guy or not its up to you why did you kill windows
>>
>>52680631
>All broken too
Do you even have a IT related job?
>>
>>52679717
Your dad seems cool.
>>
>>52677848
Tesla would definitely be the coolest. no question that i'd pick working at Tesla than any of those other places.
>>
>>52677848
Tesla...

Because I am a civil engineer that only pretend to know anything about computers. I would be more useful at Tesla
>>
>>52677848
Apple, just steal other companies work and class it as our innovation

EZ PZ.
>>
>>52678033
industrial sabotage, anon?
>>
>>52680413
>>52683551
yep

>SharePoint
are you even trying?

>Lync
I'd rather teach my users how to use IRC rather than let them use that fucked up shit again
haven't had the chance to try out skype for business though

>Exchange
when you get more help off some lone blogpost after 3 hours of googling because microsoft support couldn't help shit (several times)

>AD
ehm.. it's.. ok

>Win server
same as exchange

>Powershell
one of the few things M$ did good (for sysadmins anyway)
>>
>>52680413
All complete shit. Only worthwhile things MS has ever done is OneNote and Excel.
>>
>>52677848
Apple expects you to work 60 hours a week and drink the company Kool-Aid. MS doesn't pay very much and has too much of a corporate culture. Tesla expects you to work 80 hours a week and you're fired if you take time off to attend your child's birth. I chose to go with Google because they have a relaxed environment and actually pay a decent salary.
>>
as a web dev Google seems the obvious choice and is probably the best choice objectively anyway
>>
>implying I'm qualified to work for any of them
>>
Tesla. They're the only non-evil one.
>>
>>52684605
>Musk told us that he works seven days a week, and his employees, well, they have to work hard, too. Other companies might ask you to just work 40 hours a week, he said, but atTesla, "the minimum is really a 50-hour week and there are times when it'll be 60- to 80-hour weeks." He said he recognizes that working seven days a week is not sustainable, but he does think that 50 hours makes "a good work week."

>Musk even scolded a Tesla employee who missed an event to witness the birth of his child, Vance's book says.

>Here's the email Musk reportedly sent to a Tesla employee who wasn't identified by name in the book:

>That is no excuse. I am extremely disappointed. You need to figure out where your priorities are. We're changing the world and changing history, and you either commit or you don’t.
>>
>>52684663
Fuck off Appleshill. You've just modified, Steve Jobs letter into Musk's.
>>
>>52683896
Skype for business is literally just rebranded lync. Pidgin-sipe and the old lync client both work perfectly still.

I wonder if they'll ever fix the issue with multiple devices being logged in, or the issue with calls and video over VPN. Or the issue with unplugging headphones during a call causing a crash.
>>
>>52677848
>Tesla

Have fun working to death and still get fired, because your retarded CEO will never get the company in the black in the longterm.
>>
>>52677848
Tesla
then if I fail, I will get a job at Apple
>>
>>52677858
Lol, I like how you worded that. But I totally agree.
>>
File: 1448475168798.png (382 KB, 750x1127) Image search: [Google]
1448475168798.png
382 KB, 750x1127
which one to get?
as a minority i deserve job by law
>>
its obvious... google then tesla then apple and finally microshit
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.