[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey g. Is anyone here using the 5x? Im thinking of getting it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11
File: Google-Nexus-5X.jpg (12 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
Google-Nexus-5X.jpg
12 KB, 235x235
Hey g. Is anyone here using the 5x? Im thinking of getting it but it only has 2gb of ram and all search results only show having like apps running and there always super light weight. If you have the Nexus 5x does it lag at all? Is it worth it? (450 Cad for the 32gb)
>>
>>52668463
2gb is not enough. 3gb is the standard and 4gb is a must.
>>
>>52668493

That's what I was thinking but the phone uses the 808 and I hear that the cpu and the display don't take much ram. FYI I'm mostly gonna use it for clover,Snapchat,texting and music
>>
>>52668463
SHIT PHONE
Sold mine and bought iphone 6s plus.
The vibration motor is really weak and the speakers is horrible. IF you don't like apple i'd get the 6p atleast
>>
>>52668463
i have it, i only have few apps but there is no lag
>>
>>52668493
>2gb is not enough. 3gb is the standard and 4gb is a must.

Listen to this person. You need to buy the most expensive phone possible. You are a power user, and very intelligent. You'll need that much ram just so the Facebook app keep up with your hyper-advanced posting techniques. Personnelly, my phone has 8 GB of ram because Facebook just couldn't handle how smart I was. Feels pretty great being a genius.
>>
>>52668493
>tfw i never go over 2gb on my desktop
>>52668463
i heard it can run that KDE phone OS, pretty cool imo.
>>
>>52668493
retard
>>
>>52668463
Don't forget to upgrade to the 32GB version! 16GB of storage for only $50 extra is such a steal! Much better than a micro SD card.
>>
>>52668463
My galaxy s5 is running lollipop just fine so I don't see why you need ass tons of ram
>>
>>52668463
Nice phone, no regrets
>>
>>52668984

I'm getting the 32gb. 16 ain't enough agree
>>52669052
Does it lag when switching between apps when you have more then like 3 tabs?

>>52669082
Is the front can good? I'm gonna be using Snapchat a lot. Main reason from upgrading my phone actually my current one plus one front cam is shit
>>
>>52669113
No it runs smooth but I did have to clear the cache like 5 months ago because touchjizz

It sits idle at about 1.5GB used.
>>
>>52668463

Didn't the Moto X Pure kill the Nexus 5X off before it even got started?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160129-041644.png (82 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160129-041644.png
82 KB, 1080x1920
>>52668463
works for me
i have a whole lot of shit running, to be fair
>>
>>52669113
iv got the 16, and its fine for me. but im not one to save much on my phone anyway, aside from pictures and the ocasional video.

never had much problem with lag to even notice it, i usually remember to close my tabs/apps (usualy about 5-10 running in background)

front cam is good enough for me, its 5mp, and is more than clear enough for video calls and what not
>>
>>52668493
>4gb is a must
What is this meme where phones have to have more RAM than a desktop PC typically uses?
>>
>>52668463
Fellow Canuck, I was about to get the Nigger5X and went for the One+ X. Cheaper, looks better and even works on Wind.
>>
I have it and its fine no real lag just a average battery
>>
I've been using a 5X for a couple months and its a pretty great phone for its price. Alot of people don't like the plastic and soft back but I like it. It makes it feel really comfortable and durable. The phone is extremely light. As far as lag goes there is some lag but from what I've experienced it's the apps fault not the phone. Google Music and Chrome are choppy and laggy as shit. Other apps are fine. It's not really a big deal unless you use Google music a lot. I would say in most cases its just as fast as my 6S. The camera is just as good too except it can be slower to snap shots from time to time. I'm running stock and no root.
>>
>>52668829
My vibration motor is annoyingly strong lol.

>>52668463
I have it. I have very rare and very minimal lag, but I had much more lag on my 4gb RAM OP2, so fuck it.

It's a great phone, got mine for $350 for the 32gb ameribucks a couple months ago.

My main complaint is the battery. It's fucking mediocre. But I came from a Z3 Compact, and I suppose the days of amazing battery life came and went before anyone even noticed them.
>>
i have one and it's fine. it's just a phone man
>>
Why not a OnePlus One or X?
>>
>>52668463
2GB is fine. My old Galaxy S3 may have been really slow, but it almost never had to reload apps or tabs.
>>
>>52672816
Warranty support is 1 good reason.
>>
>>52668713
2GB is fine. Snapchat is shit no matter how much RAM you have and how fast your processor is. It sucks battery like nobody's business.

>>52672816
OPX has poor support for US/CA LTE frequencies, other than that and not having an official CM port yet, it's a good phone.

I'm happy with my 5X and would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a phone. Works great, just like an updated Nexus 5 with updates for two years.
>>
>>52673360
I really want to get a Nexus 5X but i think that in the long run those 32GB won't be enough. Even just thinking about music, although i don't listen to many songs, it will drain the memory
>>
>>52668493
>2gb is not enough
I live with 512MB and I'm doing alright.
>>
>>52673416
it is what it is. theres a lot of storage solutions like cloud storage but physical storage is obviously easier. ive had my 16gb 5x for a few months now and iv used 9gb of the 10.7 available. so ill prob need to do some cleaning soon.
>>
>>52668493
Tell that to my 6S that fucking runs circles around your android flagships with 2 cores and 2gb of ram.
>>
File: cute-girls-texting-cute-things.gif (1 MB, 213x169) Image search: [Google]
cute-girls-texting-cute-things.gif
1 MB, 213x169
>>52674195
Too bad you're running a locked down OS that can't do many things that Android can.

Enjoy your walled garden, hope Apple allows you to run the apps you want on your device. Otherwise you're shit outta luck unless you make your phone vulnerable by running a jailbreak exploit.
>>
>>52674244
>can't do many things android can
Give me a list of five useful things. 99.9% of the time the only reason give two shits about the customizability of android is so they can get the shitty rom off and flash a stock one or better one.
>>
>>52668463
Browsing with it... Not for long cuz battery is at 15%. I used it for 1h30 GPS then a bit of browsing during the day that's all :/
>>
>>52674274
1. Blocking ads systemwide including in app ads
2. Installing programs from outside the official App Store (walled garden)
3. Access to the filesystem, including torrenting
4. Root without relying on Chinese botnet exploits
5. Widgets on your homescreen instead of rows of generic icons
>>
>>52674281
What's your average SoT?
Thinking about getting this phone, I have a OPX usually getting 5hr with heavy shitposting medium brightness data WiFi location always on
>>
>>52674349
>Blocking ads systemwide
possible
>Installing program outside the app store
also possible, but this is mainly what I was talking about. give me useful apps that wouldn't be found in the appstore. emulators are not one of them.
>acess to the filesystem + torrenting
Don't really see how this is useful at all except the rare case of a computer without internet needs a network driver so you use your phone.
>root without relying on chinese botnet exploits
Benefits of root besides epeen reasons?
>Widgets on your homescreen
Anyone who uses widgets on their homescreen is a child to begin with.
>>
Okay back from my lecturers. Generally everyone is saying its a decent buy. My next question is it worth spending 600 canuckbucks to get the 6p 32g? I'm a poorfag and I make like $90 a week so this is a Lotta money for me.
>>
>>52674403
If you're gonna shill your apple products find a different thread
>>
>>52674452
>I cant refute his points so he's a shill!!
Look, I know you android users are generally poor and uneducated but i'd figure you'd be able to use some rational thinking.
>>
File: applerainbow.png (243 KB, 401x280) Image search: [Google]
applerainbow.png
243 KB, 401x280
>>52674403
>blocking ads systemwide is possible
only with the help of chinese exploits that by definition mean your phone is insecure

>give me useful apps that wouldn't be found in the appstore. emulators are not one of them.

4chan apps. Emulators ARE useful, just because you don't use them doesn't make them not useful. Better than most shitty mobile games with microtransactions.

>Don't really see how this is useful at all except the rare case of a computer without internet needs a network driver so you use your phone

You can actually access the filesystem. It's an important freedom to have unless you enjoy locked down shit. You can't even put music on your device without using iTunes unless you jailbreak.

>Benefits of root besides epeen reasons?
ad blocking, setting kernel parameters. actually useful things that you can dismiss as "epeen reasons" because your phone can't do them.

>Anyone who uses widgets on their homescreen is a child to begin with.

Go to a homescreen thread and see how many iPhone screenshots are there. Spoiler: very few, because iPhone homescreens are 99% generic, boring rows of icons with maybe a wallpaper.

>>52674483
>rational thinking
>spends $1000 on a $200 device because of a logo
>said device does less than an Android phone that is 1/10th the price

real rational, macfag.
>>
>>52674483
This thread was about me asking if its worth the 450. Why should incare about a base min 16gb $800 phone? I like android for how I can customize it. The A9 is a great CPU no doubt I just don't like IOS
>>
>>52674553
>go to any homescreen thread and see how many iphone screenshots are there
Not even an iCum guzzler but this is just retarded. So what, you miss out being able to brag about your riced out homescreen on an imageboard? If it aint broke don't fix it, the layout is good the way it is and doesn't need to be crowded with halfway useful widgets.
>>
I had a Nexus 5X that I returned because of a janky power button.

Good phone, plenty fast.
>>
>>52674604
>is on /g/
>defends shitty locked down non-customizable proprietary phone that can't run apps not approved by the ghost of Steve Jobs
>>
>with virgin mobile
>looking to upgrade my nexus 5
>5x and 6p are $699
>lg g4 is $500
does this make sense? i went with g4 obviously
>>
>>52674553
>4chan apps
It's called the web browser. Why the fuck would I play an emulator on my phone? You legitimately do that out in public? Controls are going to be shitty anyway.
>Its an important freedom to have
For such an important freedom you really gave a huge list of reasons there.
>setting kernel parameters, ad blocking
So 1 useful thing
>iphone homescreens are generic
What you said literally does nothing to better your point. Who gives a shit if nobody posts them in an online forum?

>spends 1000 on a $200 device because of a logo
I did it because there are no viable competitors plain and simple.

>>52674646
Not really sure what your point is. I'm defending a phone that is leagues above every other android "flagship".
>>
>>52668829
SHIT PHONE
Sold my iPhone 6s plus and bought a s6 Edge plus.
The phone is bloated with slow crappy Apple apps, the screen is fucking terrible for the price, It made me a generic cunt.
>>
>>52674708
The nexus 6p beats out the 6s in benchmarks tho.
>>
>>52674674
Sounds like you dun fucked up living in Australia anon, enjoy not being gunned down in shopping centers faggot
>>
>>52674553
I'm an android user too, but stop. Your arguments aren't strong, for useful apps you could've easily used DriveDroid or externalSD in general.

It he wants to use an iPhone, let him and stop sperging out at his choice of mobile OS. You look pretty stupid arguing with an anonymous shitposter when neither of you will ever change your mind.
>>
File: iphone-emulator.png (11 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
iphone-emulator.png
11 KB, 300x250
>>52674708
>>
>>52674754
canada actually

not even mad though, I wanted the g4 but was expecting to leave with a 5x, so I'm pretty happy
>>
Also guys is the 6P worth the other extra 150?
>>
File: peagoq.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
peagoq.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>>52674786
>tfw you use android and emulators
>tfw you will never be autistic enough to take time out of your life to make an image like this
>>
>>52668713
Used the nexus 5 for a few days normally I keep spotify inbox my messaging app and 3 other open no lag
>>
>>52674736
Uh huh.
>>
File: 1372830967973.png (35 KB, 261x227) Image search: [Google]
1372830967973.png
35 KB, 261x227
>>52674762
if he wants to use an iphone he can go create a thread for iphone users, since he's shitting up a Nexus 5X thread posting about his glorious walled garden expect some pushback.

>>52674816
If you like phablets yes. If you don't want a huge phone the 5X is great.

>>52674823
took about a minute since i already had the fox and grapes image. convert to RGB, add text and stroke effect. photoshop was already open so why not?
>>
>>52674874
Kek.
>>
>>52674889
Jesus dude you are seriously one autistic fuck.
>>
>>52674889
>he's shitting up an android thread
Because you keep replying to him
>>
>>52674892
>caring about talk/screen on time
>not being able to hotswap a new battery in
>>
>>52675100
Can only do that with 1 phone on that list. I realize you don't actually use your phone or talk to people but screenon/talk time is important.
>>
>>52675100
Nobody with a phone with a replaceable battery even does that.
>>
>>52674553
>keeps complaining about chinese
>supports the 6P
>>
>>52668493
2GB is more than enough for a smartphone
>>
Nexus 5X owner here, I can recommend it. Shit just werks.
>>
I would love a phone that has parts interchangeable like a PC. I'd be all for do it yourself phones and a company that would support them. if this exists already, please let me know.
>>
>>52679294
That's project ARA
>>
>>52668463
2gb with stock android is great OP. But it will lag a bit if only you heavily multitasking. 3gb of RAM if you really want the ultimate smooth experience. Hence, Nexus 6P.
>>
>>52674889
hey man idk if you're still here but i just wanted to let you know i really liked that fox + grape image

p good stuff def gonna save it for posterity
>>
File: fox.gif (3 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
fox.gif
3 KB, 300x250
>>52681215
thx bb, here is the original if you ever want to make more versions of it
>>
>>52681234
omg
ur the best

i was literally just thinking "but man i shoulda told him that it would have been beneficial to the memetwork if he had kept the text easily changeable"

thx again govnuh
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.