[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree that the Z5 Compact is the new /g/entleman's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: xperia-z5-compact-a.jpg (23 KB, 630x406) Image search: [Google]
xperia-z5-compact-a.jpg
23 KB, 630x406
So we can all agree that the Z5 Compact is the new /g/entleman's phone of choice?

>sleek
>no-nonsense
>fast
>small form factor
>32GB storage + SD
>makes girls drool
>>
>>52650239
Overheats, crashes regularly, glass randomly cracks.
>>
So we can all agree that OP is just an underpaid brown smelly chinese consumer garbage shill?

saged and reported
>>
>>52650253
Inb4 "no ur wrong u must be macfag REEEEEEEE"
>>
>>52650253
>only when running 10 synthetic benchmarks in a row
>had 0 (zero) craches
>it does not
>>
The design is horrible. I don't want to carry around a box. Which is a shame because Sony makes good phones and I might have gotten one if they didn't look so shitty.
>>
>>52650294
I like it. The material on the back barely leaves any fingerprints and it being a small boxie phone makes it easy to hold on to.
>>
>>52650294
You carry around anal dildos instead
>>
I'm gonna be honest with you senpai, it's too small. I have an LG Volt (4.7" screen) and I always feel somewhat cramped. A larger screen would improve touchscreen touch typing and I would better enjoy watching movies and whatnot in bed.
>>
>>52650294
in a sea of phones adding speed lines and random shapes and being forced to add antenna lines cus they couldnt get around it, compromising the design with bulging cameras, lack of strap holes, and not even being water resistant

i find something cleaner and at the very least symmetric to be refreshing
>>
>>52650315
I'm sure the design is very functional and efficient. I just think it looks ugly and so has everyone I've showed it to.
>>52650316
So?
>>
>>52650239
sorta reget getting a oneplus 2, wish I had gone for this instead

also the z5 looks sexy af
>>
I have never tried the z5 compact (4.6 in), but I have tried the Moto x 2013 (4.7 in), which I had trouble typing with because of the screen size, and I don't have fat sausage fingers, how do you /g/entooman do it?
>>
>>52650381
I use the Google Keyboard. Works pretty well, just don't use any keyboard with an additional number row.
>>
It would be perfect if it had one more GB RAM and not that heating oven 810
>>
File: 1441393045950.png (60 KB, 255x282) Image search: [Google]
1441393045950.png
60 KB, 255x282
To all the people saying the only thing keeping them from buying is it's too small
You are aware there is a standard version of this called just Z5 right?
It even has some better specs like higher res display and bigger battery
>>
It's so tiny.
>>
>>52650445
But we's not taulkin bout da Z5 nyugah
>>
File: gabagoo.jpg (62 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
gabagoo.jpg
62 KB, 1024x576
>we want smaller phones

>no no not this small
>>
>>52650381

I have a 4" Motorola RAZR and huge hands, and type with barely any issues. You're not supposed to push the keyboard like they were actual buttons.
>>
>>52650460
im gunna nyugah ur yugiohs if u don dingdang doo diddly yoogidoo
>>
>Snapdragon 810
>>
I own this phone and have since launch basically. I imported it to the US.

It was laggy and hot on the first month, by they have released two system updates since then and it runs great now. Really happy with it. Also the phone is getting Marshmallow this week, based Sony.
>>
>>52650515
Didn't now about the 6.0 update coming. Great.
>>
prefer my z3c to my brother's z5c, we both have devilcases on our phones. really helps with the grip, with z3c being sleeker than the z5c and all that

still a solid phone, but I see no point in upgrading
>>
>>52650239
Does it still require a satanic ritual to root Sony Xperia phones and flash CM?
>>
>>52650239
>no-nonsense
>sleek
pick one.

>no-nonsense
>makes girls drool
pick one.

Buying a flagship phone because it looks "sleek" and you think it will help you impress women. You know what women like? confidence. Like not worrying about what fucking phone girls would like you to have.

That said, learn to hold a bigger phone. It's not hard.

And buy the phone that's the best phones, not the "sexiest".
>>
>>52650531
>Didn't now about the 6.0 update coming. Great.
Sony software support everyone.
>>
>>52650239
2nd gen moto e here
Screen size/resolution is a bit low. Except for that, perfect
>>
> not carrying a dtmf generator in your pocket to use your walkie talkie connected to your land-line

wow it's like you don't know /g/ at all...........
>>
obviously no on in this thread can afford a lg v10 otherwise this thread never would have happened.
>>
>>52650732
You know what people like? People that understand jokes.

I don't have the need for using a bigger phone. That's is why finally we have a phone that is both fast and small.

I don't care how a phone looks when it comes down to it. I've been using a moto g before because of it's cost, speed and form factor.

So please don't try to impose on others what you think is normative for you.

Also suck a dick.
>>
>>52650790
>I don't have the need for using a bigger phone.
You don't have a need for a smartphone. But having a better phone would obviously be better.

>I don't care how a phone looks when it comes down to it.
Oh? Are you op or just someone else? Because the op, and most of the thread is mostly talking about the aesthetics of it.
>>
>>52650743
http://www.justaboutphones.com/sony-xperia-z5-z5-compact-z5-premium-z3-marshmallow-6-0-update
>>
>>52650239
OnePlus X blows this Sony garbage out of the water.

Sony phones are immediately poorly designed, and the OS is loaded with bloatware.
>>
>>52650841
Well the thing is that my main priority is a reasonable small size phone combined with high speed specs. That it happens to be flagship fast AND small AND looks nice (which is subjective) makes it a great purchase for me. The looks are a nice bonus.
>>
Design wise it's quite nice, but everything SD810 touches turns into a flaming pile of shit. The chip is also the reason why it doesn't have as good battery life as Z3C.
>>
>>52650863
Yeah. I'm just saying that not "based sony", that's pretty bad. The flagship better get mm soon, it's late. LG and even samsung got theirs in december
>>
>>52650920
They trimmed the bloatware down. Most things can be uninstalled and others can be turned off.
>>
>nonremovable battery

garbage
>>
>small form factor
>being a manlet

Life must suck for you
>>
I see no reason to upgrade my Z3 21mp camera 3gb RAM and 2.5 quad core. Unless my screen cracks or the battery shits itself I don't need more power.

Only upgraded from Nexus 4 because of battery, double glass is no problem if you have a case and don't treat your phone like shit
>>
>>52651133
I have TINY hands, no problems using 5.5"+ devices.
My gf is 150cm tall and has smaller hands, no problems for her either.

Not only are they manlets, they make excuses.
>>
>I want to get a slim, "sexy" device with glass all over
>put a case on it so you can't experience it
>>
>gentlemen phone
>not iPhone 6
>>
Japs can't make smartphones. This isn't the 80s. Information and technology is moving too fast for them. Can't have ten meetings about other meetings.
>>
>>52651031
Battery is removable, but you need to buy a new backcover.
>>
>>52650239
I've been wanting to get this one for a bit but the price is just too steep
I like the design and the materials though
Finally some not too round corners
>>
>>52651133
I'm 6'1" and I fucking hate phones bigger than 5"
>muh phablet not fitting in my pocket
fuck this trend
>>
>>52651474

Yeah, I looked up the price and it's ridiculous.
>Finally some not too round corners
Exactly the reason I still use my old Moto
>>
>>52650239
>make girls drool
I'm sorry, girls won't look at you unless you've got an pink iPhone and a 5000$ MacBook.
>>
>>52650253
>overheats
Never had it overheat on me. It does get a bit warm at times, but nothing to actually throttle the thing.
>crashes regularly
The only time I've had mine crash is when I opened a shittonne of Chrome tabs at once.
>glass randomly cracks
I got two cracks in my Z3 Compact, but my Z5 Compact is still perfect. Haven't seen any reports of cracked Z5 backs, though. Frosted glass > clear glass.
>>
>>52651550
I finally went for the one plus x...
>>
>>52650676
Wut
Rooting and installing custom roms on an Xperia have always being ridicously easy
In fact they are the easisest of the main manufacturers (samshit, lg, etc)
>>
Aren't these phones kinda heavy? I have a z3v (Verizon's bastard version) and it was pretty dense and hefty. Didn't like it in my pocket.
>>
I really can't stand huge phones, and it seems like that's all verizon offers now, at least if I want to buy something new. Contemplating switching services for this one when it comes out
>>
>>52650239
>Fast
>4GB RAM
>64GB storage + SD
>Biggest phone that can possibly fit in a normal pocket
>Plays vidya
>>
>>52652667
That's not a phone.
>>
>>52650294
The bigger versions looks better in my opinion. It looks less boxy when the length/width:height ratio is different.
>>
File: 1365650467326.jpg (418 KB, 627x647) Image search: [Google]
1365650467326.jpg
418 KB, 627x647
>>52652691
It fits in a pocket and it has an LTE radio. It's a phone.
>>
>>52652752
>It fits in a pocke
It absolutely does not.
>it has an LTE radio. It's a phone.
So apparently my 15.6" Thinkpad is a phone. All right then.
>>
>>52651018
They're slow, but at least they give it to their older models, too.
>>
File: P1010031.jpg (940 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
P1010031.jpg
940 KB, 1920x1440
>>52650239
Neat toy, anon.
>>
I'm so glad the Xperia Z Compact line exists, and I feel terrible for having bought none of the phones. The timing was just always bad. Now the Z5C is out and looking better than ever (except for the battery life), and I even need a new Android phone for work, but I just can't justify the price.

I seriously hope these phones will be successful and encourage other manufacturers to make compact flagships, meanwhile I'll give the Oneplus X a shot.
>>
>>52650239
>
It basically has no design whatsoever. It's just a rectangular shape made of glass and whatever material they used on the edges.

It's minimalism done wrong.
>>
>>52650253
I actually own(ed) one unlike 95% of faggots in this thread and I can actually confirm it's shit. it overheats from watching video (rather, it gets warm and because shit material choice you feel it and it's annoying), and the battery life is AWFUL. I get about 1.5 times as much on my custom rom moto g WITHOUT disabling wakelocks

great on paper, sucks in practice
>>
>>52653006
>wit
>>
>>52653006
>you will never know wit wat
>>
>>52650253
ayyt anon
>Overheats,
eh, mine hasn't. then again the most resource intensive thing i've run on it is hearthstone
>crashes regularly,
no it doesn't. what the fuck are you doing with it?
>glass randomly cracks.
agreed, there are some articles on it and mine cracked out of the blue, no idea how or when but i had used it for about a month.
that's the backcover glass, the screen is the same unbreakable shit every other phone uses
>>
>>52650294
Bezel is my only problem with the xperia line
>>
>Compact

MANLETS
ANLETS
NLETS
LETS
ETS
TS
S
>>
>>52650239
>2016
>720p

lol could be good for my grandparent's shitty eyes but I'm sure even them would throw up with this disgusting "design"
>>
>>52654557
I'm 199 cm and love this fucking phone so much.
>>
>>52653006
I had a win 7 phone a long time ago it was a nice os but ha
>>
>>52654653
You'll love it more if it was bigger
>>
>>52654622
Beacause 4k on a large phone is such a useful feature.
>>
>>52650239
Yes
>>
>>52653006
>no apps

Neat toy, anon.
>>
>>52654557
I could see wanting a larger screen if I watched vids/streams/etc on my phone, or if I used it for tasks more complex than posting on 4chan, but I don't do either of those so what's the point? I have to wear a suit to work and I don't always keep my jacket with me, don't really want to walk around with a phablet in the pocket of my slacks.
>>
>>52656238
>Needing shitty facebook games on your phone
Can you be a bigger manchild ?
>>
>>52650277
dunno if this is the case with z5, but my z3 did overheat when recording 1080p. Good thing I was able to put it in a glass of water to keep it cool enough.
>>
>>52650239
I like the design and specs, but I wish it had better band support. So few phones have support for multiple carriers in the US, which is disappointing. Currently running a Moto X Pure, which was the best compromise I could find.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.