[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a new ASUS laptop and I'm trying to install Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: windows_10_0.jpg (310 KB, 2000x1124) Image search: [Google]
windows_10_0.jpg
310 KB, 2000x1124
Got a new ASUS laptop and I'm trying to install Windows 10 on it via an USB. I partioned the USB and added the Windows ISO on it using rufus. I tried using the file format FAT32 but Rufus complains that the ISO requires NTFS format, so I used that. But my BIOS can't detect my USB when it's partitioned with NTFS.

So I used another partition software that allowed me to override the NTFS restriction and partition it with the FAT32 format. Now the BIOS detects the USB and I can start the installation. But after completing the first step of the installation the computer restarts (as it should do) and boots on the new Windows partition on my SSD to continue the installation but now it fails and says: INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DECIVE.

I'm stuck. I feel like I tried every BIOS setting to make it work but I've yet to find one that works. Any ideas how to solve this? Or any other way I can install windows on my machine? Would removing the SSD and putting it in another machine with a BIOS that can detect NTFS be the easiest solution?

I'm kinda green on hardware issues like this and I would appreciate any help I can get
>>
>>52650237
Stop using Windows, dumbass
It sucks as a desktop OS for a power user
>>
>>52650257
Gee, thanks for the response.

I'm planning dualbooting Linux with Windows because I do light gaming on the go and I prefer Windows rather than Linux when it comes to that.
>>
Bcdboot

Google it.
Its 2am here and i cbf typing the steps sorry.

Need to copy boot files using cmd and put them in another location.

Google bcdboot
>>
>>52650356
Ok, thank you. Will do
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.