[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
say i have a decent idea for a piece of software but im only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 2_jew_4_u.png (359 KB, 538x385) Image search: [Google]
2_jew_4_u.png
359 KB, 538x385
say i have a decent idea for a piece of software but im only entry level programmer.
what can i do to take my idea further without sneaky jews monetising it asap?
>>
tell me and I'll tell you if its as good as you think
>>
File: 1452463823430.png (141 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1452463823430.png
141 KB, 439x290
>>52648309
>>
Get good at programming
>>
>>52648317
where do i start senpai
>>
>>52648291
Learn programming by implementing your idea. You'll probably throw away the first version, but you'll learn a huge amount.
>>
>>52648334
what language do i do this in?
no memes please
>>
You could always start trying and post stuff on stackoverflow, they are always a great help or ask people around you that know how to program
>>
>>52648291
Implement it.
Get a team if you have to.
Start with outlining the project and figure out how to solve the subproblems later.
If you can't do that, make a business plan explaining how it will work, who you think will buy it and how many would do that.
Take that plan to a company and get funding.

It is not any different than if you had a great idea and had a degree.

If you think you can do it while getting your education, make your own courses so you have time for it and use it in your bachelor/master/phd
>>
>>52648349
If it's a web application, Ruby on Rails is easy to learn and does lots of the work for you. Use these to learn
http://railsforzombies.org/
https://www.railstutorial.org/book

Mobile app, iOS if you have access to Apple hardware or a hackintosh, or Android if you don't. No memes, I work in these platforms everyday.
>>
>>52648368
what about server/client applications
>>
>>52648376
I'd go with rails or node.js for the server, and maybe prototype the client (assuming desktop) in Java, and then pick a platform-specific SDK when you know what you're building better
>>
>>52648361
where does OP gets the money for all that? what if it fail?
>>
>>52648349
Language should depend on the product.
If you talk a lot with the hardware, c.>>52648349

If you want efficient, c++ or Java.
If you want fast mockup, script it.
But don't focus on language.
Focus on the algorithms and the data structures you use.
Learning a new language is easy once you have a grasp of one.
Learn how to document your application and how to turn that into code is a better method.
>>
>>52648376
If it's desktop, go with C#. Basically like java, but more modern and less annoying. And LINQ in C# is awesome if you're going to use a database (and you probably are).
>>
>>52648395
>But don't focus on language.
Best advice in the thread, just start coding and failing, doesn't matter what language, writing as much code as possible is how you learn. You'll be pro in no time
>>
>>52648386
We all have to take risks.
Presenting an idea to a company and ask for funding is common enough that it will work if he can present a good case.
>>
>>52648411
>>52648386
>>52648361
im not actually interested in monetising it
i just dont want anyone else to either
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.