[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone played Hacknet? It's a very accurate representation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: hacknet.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hacknet.jpg
571 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone played Hacknet? It's a very accurate representation of 1337 haxxing, it's very addictive. >Get mission to delete a database file from a rival haxxor's server
>break open 3 ports with my 1337 hax tools, >break through the proxy by flooding it with my botnet of shells
>analyze the firewall and pluck the password and solve it
>delete database
???
>haxxor emails and says "gg im deleting ur x-server"
>oh fuck, no graphics
>boot up, scan my network, find a surrounding linux pc, break into it, download it's x-server, using nothing but terminal and cd, ls, scan, connect etc
>reboot with x-server back

10/10 game
>>
install poo :^DDDDD
>>
>>52645917
Looks like a clone of Uplink
>>
Have fun when the FBI kicks down your door, kiddo. Sick fucks like you turn misguided young minds to a life of injustice and hopelessness.
>>
How is this different from uplink?

Oh wait you made it op and are now shilling it
>>
>>52645917
>>haxxor emails and says "gg im deleting ur x-server"
>>oh fuck, no graphics
>>boot up, scan my network, find a surrounding linux pc, break into it, download it's x-server,
yeah, totally realistic.
>>
This looks a lot better and more realistic than uplink. Uplink was OK, better than most shitty "hacking" games, but at the end of the day it was a point-and-click skiddy adventure game. If the description in the OP is actually true then this seems like a cool game, and could be actually used to learn more about Linux, networking, security, etc.
>>
>>52645917
>thinking this is anything like real hacking

pajeet go back to shitting on the streets
>>
>>52645917
actually does sound fun but it being a daily deal brings bit suspicion of marketing shill
>>
>>52645917
Are you being serious about the the part the rival hacker deletes your X server?
>>
File: hacknet2.jpg (614 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hacknet2.jpg
614 KB, 1920x1080
This is the hacking screen where you deduct which tools you need to penetrate. Occasionally you race against a tracing program, to which if happens. You have to hack into your ISP and renew your IP before you're traced, to which you'll lose connection to all the shells and compromised systems in your botnet.
>>
>>52646207
>could be actually used to learn more about Linux, networking, security, etc.
pls stop
>>
>>52646309
stop shilling and/or shitposting faggot

no one cares
>>
>>52646309
I'm going to try it already god damn, stop shilling so hard.
>>
File: bye xserver.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bye xserver.jpg
355 KB, 1920x1080
>>52646286
I torrented it.

>>52646296
Yes.
>>
thanks op
i hope they pay you for your work
>>
>>52646391
Not my game, I just thought you guys would be interested.
>>
>>52646352
oy vey muh i3
>>
>>52646352
Just unplug your internet as soon as you get the message, clean everything out, close ports refresh ip, and relax
>>
>/g/ - video games
oh wait that's /v/ now fuck off and stop shilling faggot
>>
What license?
>>
>>52646538
not op, the *nix port uses a mixed proprietary/open source framework -- fna
https://fna-xna.github.io/
>>
>>52646097
uplink is a tad bit too casual imo
>>
>>52646529
Are you Implying video games aren't technology?
>>
>>52647524
The anon is saying that theres a whole fucking board for "video games", so just fuck off.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.