[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one virtualize an exclusively 32 bit windows app and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: VMware_ThinApp_v4.0_icon.png (21 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
VMware_ThinApp_v4.0_icon.png
21 KB, 256x256
How does one virtualize an exclusively 32 bit windows app and enables it to run on a 64 bit system? I've tried VMWare Thinapp (with the wow64=0 option), compatibility patches and it still won't work. Apparently the problem is that the executables are located in the C:\Windows folder. Is there a way to make the application work from some other folder? I'm thinking hex editing, etc.
>>
Capture it in a 64-bit os?

Try spoon studio?
>>
>>52645897
Already tried that and it dosent work. I'll look into this spoon studio since i've googled it and it looks promising.
>>
What a pplication is it you want to make?
>>
>>52646003
An old Ubisoft game, Tonic Trouble. It's supposedly impossible to run on the Win 7 64 kernel (and above)
>>
>>52646037

oohhh I see. Isn't that the one that came out for N64 also? Why don't you run it in an emulator?
>>
File: 1141154-screenshot2.jpg (11 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1141154-screenshot2.jpg
11 KB, 480x480
>>52646037
Forgot image
>>52646063
that version is inferior and i really want to get this working. I've been trying for some time now...
>>
>>52646123

Did you try the PC version on here http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/tonic-trouble-3/?

I'm downloading it now, it'll take 20 minutes or so just to download but I'm very interested in if it works or doesn't.
>>
>>52646151
Yes, that's actually the one i have, it will just crash when you click play if you are on 64 bit. The setup is a clusterfuck too, it installs in C:\ and C:\Windows. What was ubi thinking?
>>
>>52646200

You run it in compatibility mode?

You can run it in a virtual machine of Windows XP?
>>
>>52646242
Yeah it runs in XP and no it dosent in compatibility mode.
>>
>>52646271

But I mean you can't run a virtual machine of XP and run it inside that?

I'm going to experiment a teeny bit in a couple minutes the download is almost done. I'll let you know if I get the error also.
>>
>>52646303
It runs ok in an XP vm but i guess i need a GPU passtrough in order for it to run at more than 2 fps and the objective is getting it to run on Win7 64 and above...
>>
>>52646372

I can't get it. I can't even put the crak in the right spot. I can't find any folder with Mai3dvr.exe
>>
>>52646445
Yeah the uploader is retarded, there is no crack, that one is for a shitty beta version that actually runs on Win7 64 for some reason. Just use the mounted image.
>>
>>52646508

I did and got the error. I give up already. I would just run the n64 version.
>>
>>52646526
Damn shame... It's a really good game. I'll try that spoon studio.. It might work.
>>
You should try kvm with pcie-passthrough.
>>
>>52646752
Do i need linux?
>>
>>52646786
Yes.
>>
Did you try this version? it is slightly different. Might as well give it a s hot.

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/tonic-trouble---special-edition-beta/
>>
>>52646820
That one actually works but it's very different. The game was initially a tech demo for the Rayman 2 engine and that's what that is. Then it was made into a full game that is the one with the issues. The N64 version is a really crappy one too so the only good version is unplayable.
>>
>>52646786
https://github.com/cmdrkotori/qemu-scripts is what I use.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.