[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you will defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: CZssaViWwAAKtqR.jpg (122 KB, 1023x849) Image search: [Google]
CZssaViWwAAKtqR.jpg
122 KB, 1023x849
you will defend this
>>
No, I won't.
>>
>flying for more than 5 hours
>going cattle class
>>
>>52644804
>2 nights in Chinatown
>$30.00
hot damn
>>
>>52644864
>Implying it matters when you're a drunk, retarded Australian
>>
>>52644804
Why should I care about your shit country and their practices?
>>
>>52644804
singapore has 7% sales tax that you didn't include. and legally you need to pay 10% in GST. that brings the total to AUD$4600
>>
>>52644804
buy same performance laptop for half of the price

$2000 in pockets.. thailand 1 month getting blowed every day
>>
>>52644923
this, and it's also called relative pricing.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-textbooks-so-expensive-in-Western-countries-while-the-same-books-are-cheap-in-the-Indian-subcontinent

>But you asked why this happens, when it does. So here's why:
1) The book is more or less equally affordable in India as it is in the US / UK. When you compare the price itself by doing a strict currency conversion, you're not taking into account the fact that people have a lot more money in the US / UK than they do in India.

2) Because it's cheaper to print / distribute in India. There's a lot that goes into a book even after it's written / edited / designed. You have to actually print and distribute the book. This involves purchasing glue, paper, and ink, and then paying people to actually run manufacturing firms to print. All of these are cheaper in India.

This means that publishers actually have lower costs in India for printing and distribution. They're not dropping the prices to be nice. They're dropping the prices because they can afford to, and doing so will maximize their profits (see the next point).

2) Because, like any business, you charge what people will pay. If I charged the same amount in India as I charged in the US, no one would buy the book. It's just too expensive. If I charged in the US what I charge people in India, I couldn't afford to live (or, for that matter, even print the book). Publishers cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, afford to sell books in the US / UK at the same prices as they do in India.

In fact, they only reason that they can afford to even sell in India at all is they're already making enough money off the Western market to compensate for their fixed costs (editing, layout, etc). The India market just has to be good enough to offset printing / labor costs for each sale.

Remember that every business aims to charge for the maximum profit.
>>
>>52644804
Terrrible example.

However taking holidays, having suits tailor made while on holiday and returning is a common enough thing.
>>
Can you really stay in a hotel in Singapore for two days for $30?
>>
>>52644804
but what type of keyboard layout will you end up with?
>>
I know someone who took out a credit loan to buy this exact laptop and an iPhone 6s.
He's fucking a poorfag apple drone thinking that apple is the best thing ever. He studies computer science with me and bought the fucking laptop so he can use swift yet can't code for shit so he's now trying to make his own 'start up' on an idea and asking people like me to code his app idea for him. Man, I fucking hate apple drones.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.