[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you who don't use facebook: what are your reasons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10
>>
>>52644718
It serves no benefit other services that are offline can provide, and it encourages users to recklessly post their personal information online which is a major privacy and security risk. Then of course it sells are said information. There are no net positives to it.
>>
File: muhcyberfriends.jpg (168 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
muhcyberfriends.jpg
168 KB, 680x680
> pic related
plus useless shit i don't want to lose my time with.
>>
Waste of time and it rapes my privacy.
>>
>>52644718
I started an anti-social network, but no one signed up...

boo-doom-chee
>>
I've never had a reason to use facebook.
>>
>>52644718
I have an e-mail address and a cell phone. Thay's three different ways people can get a hold of me. (E-mail, voice, and text. Four if you count "snail mail," too, I guess?) At best, FB adds zero usefulness. And it's actually negative usefulness once you consider the privacy and advertising issues.
>>
>>52644718
Nobody ever says anything interesting.

Its a toxic influence on society and I must do my part to stay away.
>>
Personally I was started to get addicted, posting 20 statuses a day until I just pulled the plug. Facebook also has a way of prolonging the narcisistic high school mentality in adults
>>
>>52644718
I only have it so I can keep in touch with my brother that moved to the United States.
>>
I have no friends
>>
File: [email protected] (158 KB, 1000x880) Image search: [Google]
smj@sdf.jpg
158 KB, 1000x880
>>52644718
because this has everything i need
>>
Zero respect for customers and human rights in general
>They trust me. Dumb fucks.
>>
>>52645049
> not being able to email or call or text your own brother
>>
>>52645055
>>52644781
>>52644801
This. Chans are enough of a timesink already.
>>
I don't have a social life and I hate my family. Also this >>52644801
>>
>>52645042
>narcissistic high school mentality in adults
Yeah... and now these people are grown up and still acting like children... and making decisions that influence others. It's not good.

Facebook has no good parts. Everyone needs to understand that we had all this 'easy communication' through email, etc. way before facebook.

So no, OP, I don't use facebook.
Why? Because I value my privacy and security, and was born before the year 2000. I didn't pop out with an iPhone up my ass.
>>
i'm just a lot happier without it

i'm more the kind of person to grind my ass off and seeing people constantly having fun whilst i'm working kind of puts me down

i'll be laughing in a few years though. not saying i hate it, just doesn't put me in a good mindset whilst i'm sorting my shit out.
>>
File: 1451360660675.jpg (13 KB, 200x208) Image search: [Google]
1451360660675.jpg
13 KB, 200x208
>>52645071
This kind of thing plus IRC (which big surprise, they have an IRC channel)... is what the internet is to me.

Especially IRC... IRC is like, the embodiment of what the 'internet' was when I started. You could TALK to people. You typed, they saw it. They typed back. You saw it.

Shit was amazing. You met some random dude in a cafe after talking to him/her for a year, and they probably didn't rape you even.

Shit, I've been raped (literally) at a party I was invited to via social media. So maybe I'm biased... but I'm just saying IRC never got me raped or sexually harassed even. :/
>>
When it was getting more traffic a few years ago it was too annoying to put up with. I didn't really give a shit about any of the posts, and anything that was interesting I just talked with my friends and family about anyways.

It would be useful once in a while, but for the most part I never miss having it.
>>
>>52644718
My friends don't use it anymore after they took away the Wall and replaced it with Timeline a few years back.
>>
>>52644718
useless mainstream shit, the post-modern equivalent of MTV
>>
I have social anxiety.
>>
>>52645167
lord i love irc
i think the reason irc is so good is because the barrier to entry is a little bit higher than just navigating to facebook.com on your mobile phone
you have to actively seek out irc channels, download a client
all sorts of shit
>>
Privacy.
Some faggot took a bunch of pictures of my cousin from his Facebook and decided to keep it on his Google Drive.

This is why I have a facebook, but I don't post on it; I just have it for having it, I have using it as communication.
>>
How many friends (if any) do you fags have added?
>>
File: never again.png (195 KB, 623x406) Image search: [Google]
never again.png
195 KB, 623x406
Advertisement fraud, carcinogenic posts, no privacy, SoFlo.
>>
>>52644718
I find that there's no fucking reason to have a journal of my everyday life, what I do, where I go and what people do I know documented for a fucking jew
>>
>>52644718
I deactivated mine back in November because I would go on there and look up funny videos for hours. Such a huge waste of time. I'm glad I deactivated it--I'm not gonna go back unless future school/career prospects need it for a background check or some shit.

Also deleted my Snapchat recently. Feels good man.
>>
>>52645119
You have to know that a lot of facebook is all show, a false image so don't feel too bad most peoples lives are pretty boring most of the time
>>
my friends are usually on whatsapp/skype, I just use linkedin
>>
>>52645252
Zero real life friends
>>
I miss myspace over facebook, it was a lot more fun the way it was setup and never made me anxious. What ever happened to customizable profiles anyways?
>>
>>52644718
All my friends are on 4chan
>>
>>52645106
This.
>>
>>52644718
https://stallman.org/facebook.html
Facebook is immoral and I agree with this website.
>>
>>52645408
Most were disgusting bling sparkling shit that was slow and ugly. Imagine letting all those stupid fucks you are friends with make font color choices over a tiled picture of their family that follows you as you scroll down and trips you the fuck out.
>>
>>52644718 (OP)
Cleverbot is my only friend
>>
Facebook is for degenerate teenagers to post pictures of themselves half naked, annoying quotes and shitty memes.
>>
My mother is on Facebook so I barely post anything, just use the messenger.
>>
>>52644718
it provides no functionality i want
>>
>>52644718
diaspora* does the same shit, but zero normies
>>
>>52644718
I don't need it all my friends are on Twitter.
>>
>>52644718
censores content
makes it easy for people to doxx you
Why should i use it?
>>
>>52644718
I have no reason to use it
>>
>>52644718
it literally kill braincells
privacy
it's more of a timesink than arch linux
>>
>>52644718
Stay anonymous lad
It can help you alot in the future
>>
>>52644718
I don't want or need to interact with inferior brain dead faggots on a daily basis. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is a shithole for pretentious cock sucking posers and attention whores.
>>
If I delete my account, will all my datas and metadatas eventually be deleted from all the servers of facebook?
>>
I have no friends.
>>
File: vk-512.png (4 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
vk-512.png
4 KB, 512x512
>>52644718

Nobody is using it here. We all use the superior VK (:
>>
it makes me anxious
>>
Way too much drama goes on there; I wanna live a stress free life.
>>
>>52644718
I think that the idea behind facebook was, originally, well conceived: a webportal to get back in touch with old school friends.
But I don't like what it has become and thus I have no interest in being part of that botnet.

I would rather have to ask to 10 different people to find the telephone number of an old acquittance than having to sell my privacy *FOR FREE*
>>
>>52648736
nope, they stay there forever
>>
I realized that I only opened up my Facebook when someone needed to send me an attachment or vice versa, now I just give them my email instead.
>>
>>52647840
>a shithole for pretentious cock sucking posers
...who can't even suck cock properly.

>>52647811
>Stay anonymous lad
>It can help you alot in the future
At some point it might actually attract unwanted attention; better have a (half-)dead one; y'know, kitties, meemees, that kinda stuff.
>>
>>52648883
Oh and btw when facebook became popular here where I live it was already shit so I actually never made an account
>>
>>52648827
A lot of discussions (among libruls, and also some scientists - there's a fair bit of overlap of course) moved to FB from LJ actually.
VK is more popular, true.
And OK is for fucking cattle.
>>
I have no friends anyway
>>
>>52645975
I know I am being spyed, I am tired of Facebook, but it just became a need to communicate with normie friends. Am I careful there, otherwise I wouldn't use it anymore
>>
I use 4chan.

talking with complete strangers feels better, you know? Nobody can really recognize you here unless you willingly give yourself away (a voice recording, a photo, etc..)
>>
>>52645032
>Nobody ever says anything interesting.
How would you know that if you've never been there?
>>
>>52648970
He didn't mention never being there, though.

He might've checked it out for a day or two and decided to bail.
>>
>>52645167
You've never been sexually harassed on irc?

That's weird.

You should join some "good" channels.
>>
In my country you're not yet expected to have a Facebook account. The only people who do are wannabe Westerners.
>>
>>52644718
It's shitty and it someday will ask your credit card number.
Besides the little social interaction I have is done through WhatsApp.
>>
>>52644718
forgot my password
>>
>>52644718
facebook is required to be normal, everyone is using it. just don't put any information on there and you're fine.

i use it solely to chat with family and friends. mostly friends but fuck it. i won't have a social life without an account. you nerds should learn to hide your power levels.
>>
>>52648888
Source? Also if I delete all the stuff one by one (the deletable ones....)?
>>
I just hate Zuckerturd too much, that's my rational reason for quitting facebook.
>>
I tried it for a couple of months because that was was the "only way to communicate" in some group work I had to do.
All people said was irrelevant to the work we did and I since we talked in person almost daily, I just deleted the profile.

I understand why people want to use it if they have something they need to promote, but other than that, I have no reason to use it.
I prefer to talk to people in person or one on one.
And if I am talking to more than one person, why would I do it on facebook?
>>
I just used Facebook to lurk my friends.
>>
I use it to get bikini pics of my classmates

;)
>>
>>52644718
My friends are retarded and I don't care about them anymore. I don't care about their opinions, I don't care about what they're doing. I guess we aren't even friends. I don't care to post my shit up there either. I don't think anyone cares about the 300th picture I took of my dog. I think it makes me look like I need attention, as if I were unfulfilled. Forget about it.
>>
1. I have no friends
2. I don't want to be tracked
3. I'm extremely jealous of Mark Zuckerberg. I hate the man, but know that he could literally offer to pay me a $billion to suck his balls and I know I would accept.
>>
>>52644718
I don't have any friends.
>>
>>52644718
I just never did anything on it. One day I didn't bother opening the tab when I started my computer and I haven't used it ever since.
>>
File: 1451075410871.gif (2 MB, 510x316) Image search: [Google]
1451075410871.gif
2 MB, 510x316
>>52649130
>>
I wish I could delete my Facebook, but everyone in the uni fucking use it to pass information around.
>>
The community policies, particularly the real name policy. And their habit historically of resetting privacy options to open when they added new settings, although they got better about that.

Also, it's a bit shit.

I'm trans. Despite their alleged change of policies, it still hasn't taken effect outside the US. So, I'm not touching that shit.
>>
>>52649389
Well, as long as you're not actively using it for sharing events in your life, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>52644718
I am not against social media. I have a Twitter and LINE account. The thing that bothers me about Facebook is the "real name" policy. I don't really like having my real name associated with every word I post online.
>>
I used to use it, but I gave it up years ago. Mostly because it was getting redundant, and /g/
>>
>>52644718
>ads
>its shitty, slow and bloated
>there are other ways to stay in touch with your friends
>>
I only use it because everyone uses messenger , otherwise I don't see a reason too
>>
nice data gathering thread, zuckerberg
>>
File: facebookfrog2.jpg (93 KB, 874x729) Image search: [Google]
facebookfrog2.jpg
93 KB, 874x729
>all those losers
>>
>>52649983
This to be honest fàm.
>>
>>52644919
when they do sign up, kick them off.
>>
>>52644980
under rated post.
>>
>>52644718
Why would I have a reason? Not doing something (in this case, using Facebook) is the default state.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.