[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if all of /g/ got together and made a network based super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 303635_lair_031211_2.jpg (147 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
303635_lair_031211_2.jpg
147 KB, 1024x768
What if all of /g/ got together and made a network based super computer.
Think about it, we could use this network to preform complex tasks in a matter of seconds.

We could allow anons to submit computation requests and then a council of /g/ods who get together would pass judgment on what requests gets filled and what get ignored.

any ideas?
>>
The staggering and timing would be horrible.
>>
Think of the most complex task you need to do right now and see if your current machine cannot handle it.
>>
Now that, is a battlestation. I'd totally knock up my girlfriends in a cutty spot like that.
>>
>>52644612
calculate pi to the ten trillionth digit
>>
>>52644441
>We could allow anons to submit computation requests and then a council of /g/ods who get together would pass judgment on what requests gets filled and what get ignored
oh boy a /g/ bureaucracy sounds great nothing could possible go wrong
>>
>>52644786
we could have a voting system then.
>>
File: beyblade.jpg (66 KB, 960x662) Image search: [Google]
beyblade.jpg
66 KB, 960x662
>>52644441
>he doesn't know aws exists
>>
>>52644807
>or folding@home
>>
>>52644441
There already is one.
We didn't invite you.
>>
>>52644441
>>Distributed Computing

That is the term you are looking for.
It exists, it is used.

Seti@home is probably the most notable project using that concept.
>>
>>52644441
>implying it wouldn't end up being a cuck cluster of Pentium 4 meme machines, raspberry pis and discarded 6 series chinkpads
>>
>>52644971
I forgot the name but yes, I was talking about a /g/ distributed computing system
>>
>>52644985
naw man, that is why we convince /v/ to join with their 7.0 GHz i7s and do the work for us
>>
>all of /g/

>8 peopl
>>
What if /g/ found the next biggest prime number?
>>
>>52647475
what if /g/ found the last prime number?
>>
>>52647675
>the last prime number

There shouldn't be one.
>>
>>52647694
not if the /g/ super network is so fast that it leaves all the other computers in the dust
>>
>>52647694
>There shouldn't be one.

There absolutely isn't one.
>>
>>52647709
I have a name for it: "The Dustifier"
Can someone make a logo?
>>
>>52647903
brb on it. think of a quote we can use
>>
File: THE DUSTIFIER.jpg (75 KB, 986x1300) Image search: [Google]
THE DUSTIFIER.jpg
75 KB, 986x1300
>>52647903
>>
>>52647903
>Can someone make a logo?
:^)
>>
It is called a Botnet and you are already running it,if you don't run open sources operating systems
>>
>>52644441
You do realize that most computers in the civilized world have faster internet connections than the intranet connections between the nodes of the first bearish beowulf cluster. Maybe a slight exaggeration. The first beowulf cluster had 10BaseT Ethernet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds.

Second to last column on the right is %above 10Mb/s.

So the computers in the world are already setup to all work together. And the mostly don't. Because there are two types of problems to work on: ones I'm interested in, and stupid problems.
>>
You mean...like a p2p botnet?

Somebody's gonna find a crazy command that will push all the computers to the max in less than a week after it's up.

>>52644807
>beyblade

that was the fucking shit
>>
File: dasuto banne.png (21 KB, 835x649) Image search: [Google]
dasuto banne.png
21 KB, 835x649
>>52647903
FUCKING DONE
>>
>>52644441
>2003 bash.org messy desk contest
this was 13 years ago?
damn, I feel old
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.