[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD fully releases GPUOpen 1.0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: gpuopenglogo.png (92 KB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
gpuopenglogo.png
92 KB, 332x332
And it's full of all kinds of cool shit

>SDKs
>DX12 shit
>Vulkan shit
>TressFX
>HSA shit
>all kinds of shit

http://gpuopen.com/

https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs

https://github.com/GPUOpen-Effects
>>
>>52644291
neat.
>>
>>52644291
>directx 11 library
>directx 11 library
>directx 11 library
How open of them
>>
NVIDIAFAGS BTFO
>>
>>52644291
Does this mean we get to make our own drivers?
>>
>>52644847
S U I C I D E
W
A
T
C
H
>>52644847
>>
>>52644839
>Let's open source this so the community can begin building well-optimized versions for all APIs and Operating Systems
>"UGH! IT'S NOT ON EVERY API AND OS YET. YOU'RE API IS SHIT AMD LOL"
>>
>>52644851
It means you get to take AMD's existing ones and help optimize them

Their Linux drivers are going open source soon, see "AMDGPU"
>>
>>52644291
Cool.

Good to see at least one company in this god damned oligarchy is doing something nice.
>>
>>52644910
>Their Linux drivers are going open source soon
What Linux drivers?
>>
>>52645195
>hurr durr ebil corporations is why I not rich
After you're done making my order-- yes I want fries with that-- go climb into the dumpster out back and kill yourself.
>>
>>52645239
But you're a neet who hasn't left the house in weeks anon, why be mean?
>>
>>52645239
Just by the fact that you ordered fries in this dumb fantasy just shows how much of a fat fuck you are.
>>
>>52645664
Not him but I like French fries, should I stop eating them? I'm only 99lb/43kg and I eat fries whenever I can
>>
Here's to hoping that more games will be made with this and none with nvidia shillworks
>>
>>52646316
Devs aren't using Nvidia GoyWerkz because its good, they're using it because they're paid to. The games using it are sponsored titles.
AMD's attempt to combat this dishonest nonsense is valiant, but its probably not changing anything.
>>
>>52646288
enjoy dying of heart disease you greasy little fuck
>>
>>52646344
N-no bully pls...
>>
This will most likely not work.

It's not because it's AMD or the code base is not good. It's because gamedevs are lazy shits. The solemn reason why gamewrecks gets implemented is because nVidia sends engineers to the studios for implementation, they'd never do it on their own if it's not some brand deal
>>
File: 1446798653084.jpg (4 KB, 232x302) Image search: [Google]
1446798653084.jpg
4 KB, 232x302
go amd go
>>
AMD for the poeple
>>
>>52646366
sorry, I didn't read the
>Not him
My bad, you're fine homie
>>
>>52646339
is the hope that multiplat titles will build off of GPUOpen shader libraries and that devs will literally have to go long out of their way to shoehorn GameWorks in?

Nvidia will really need to up their sabotage shekel payments if basically every effect they offer in their blackbox middleware is available for free in source form.
>>
>>52644291
>only available for GCN
>r9 285 and newer only
>>
>open sores
top kek
>>
>>52644900
Yeah no shit. Its only on ONE OS and ONE API. DirectX is the antithesis of Openness. They actively try to sabotage OpenGL at every opportunity
>>
>>52646469
He looks like a not fat version of Penn Jillette
>>
>>52645239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF36_qMd8M
>>
>>52647895
Mostly because it is a non-fat version of Penn Gillette.
>>
>>52646288
43kg is emaciated, either this is a lie or youre the ugliest motherfucker out there
>>
>>52646288
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Don't you love how amd hides their zero-worth software behind the guise of free software so the dumb gaming community puts pressure on Nvidia in the hopes of some day they can leech off good licensed software like physx?

It also comes with the bonus of working on your software for free, because we know how poor you are amd.
>>
>>52644910
AMDGPU is already open source. We're just waiting for them to kill their slow proprietary OpenGL implementation to focus on the open source Mesa stack and to release their open source Vulkan driver.
>>
>>52649615
Vulkan impl will be closed source for a while. Fucking cancermd.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.