[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Transfer data from SSD to SSD >Blazing fast, doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1300558222439.jpg (237 KB, 642x1430) Image search: [Google]
1300558222439.jpg
237 KB, 642x1430
>Transfer data from SSD to SSD
>Blazing fast, doesn't take much time
>Transfer same file to my HDD
>Shit takes forever

But yeah, I fell for a meme. How can there be people who actually think SSDs aren't great?
>>
>>52639367
All this meme shit going around is just poorfag excuse for sitting in moms basement with no income so they have to stick with IDE drives.
>>
>>52639367
Safety of data
Size of storage
Price per gigabyte.

I love my ssd, but I can be objective about my tech decisions.
>>
why not use both?
If you have something that you need to be able to store, use a hdd and just keep the system and the often used files on your ssd.
most laptops have a m.2 for your ssd and 2.5" for you hdd.
>>
People want to compete in nature. And when you post something that pretends to be flawless they will simply pick a flaw and pretend its the only reason stopping them from a purchase just to rustle your jimmies. But in all reality both parties are correct.

TL;DR Buy shit move on.
>>
>>52639557

I am using both. Because I already have a 1tb and 750gb drive I don't want to just throw them away those drives. They are infuriatingly slow, though. Was thinking of maybe replacing the 750gb one with a 1tb drive and running the setup in raid 1.
>>
>>52639367
>Leave HDD off for a year
>Turn it on
>"Hey, my data is still there!"

>Leave SSD off for a year
>Turn it on
>"Lol what data?"
>>
>>52639448
price per gb and storage is the same con, you do realize there are 4TB ssds, right?
and modern ssds have a longer life expectancy than hdds, meaning they're more reliable storage.
you're not being objective at all.
>>
>>52639367
I've got a 160 GB HDD.
Life is good.
>>
>>52639367
you're saying you got faster sequential write on an ssd than a hdd

what state was the hdd in?
>>
>>52639859
Arkansas.
>>
>>52639722
>Things that don't happen
>>
>>52639367
Just a bunch of poorfags who don't realize how ridiculously fast SSDs really are.
>>
>>52639859
SSD's beat HDD's in every type of data transfer...
>>
>>52639367
This thread doesn't even talk about Microsoft or Crapple wtf?
>>
>>52639367
>8 sec load times
>super fast performance
>apps open within the blink of an eye

You faggots are being idiotic. SSD's are the future. I keep all my movies and other junk in a 1TB and another 500GB HDD. OS and all my games are in my SSD. Never had any problems in the last 5 months. SSD is the Samsung EVO 850 512GB.
>>
>>52639448
These things have literally NOTHING to do with r/w speeds. The SSD meme is all about "the only difference you'll feel is because of its placebo effect" though in reality SSDs are way faster than HDDs. And thats all that matters, because no sane person would use SSDs for mass storage yet.
>>
>>52641854
Underrated post tbqh family.
>>
>>52646784
There's no 512gb samsung 850 evo.
>>
>>52639722
This was debunked though, my fellow shitposter
>>
>>52641854
[laughs]

>>52639367
Sadly I don't have 1k of my country's money to spend on that shit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.