[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I dislike Java
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: meh.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>I dislike Java
>>
>>52637533
That's an insult to the guy in the picture. People who dislike java look far more disgusting.
>>
>>52637533
I like assembly, C and C++. Also dislike Java.
>>
>I do not care what you dislike
>>
File: 456456.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
456456.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>>52637845
>>
>>52637898
I'm not a kid
>>
>>52637845
high-level plebs will never be able to understand low-level haxors like us. I bet they don't even use "startx" to start their xorgs LOL
>>
>>52637936
C and C++ are both high level languages.
>>
>>52637936

Not writing directly in machine code. Pissing away all those precious CPU cycles.
Using a language without pointers must be regarded as a criminal offense.
>>
>>52637971
>C and C++ are both high level languages.

Not sure if bait or just pointerfag
>>
>>52637971
Oh really? Teach me more, redditor.
>>
>>52638011
By academic definition they are, but nobody is nitpicking like that redditor in real world and we all know what people mean by "higher" level.
>>
>>52637994
> Still getting cucked by the pointer-jew.

Meanwhile in the 21. century, people enjoy gargabe collection.
>>
>52638040
>Taking an obvious bait.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (32 KB, 600x649) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
32 KB, 600x649
>mfw I'm both smarter than a compiler and a JIT virtual machine
>>
>>52638040

no we don't enjoy them. you pistonface weebreath
>>
>Garbage collection is terrible
>Look at all my smart pointers! I'm so clever
>>
>>52637533
Literally me rn in class
>>
>>52638065

lol I remeber been this spup
glad I'm more like real now
>>
File: avicii.jpg (289 KB, 1179x1584) Image search: [Google]
avicii.jpg
289 KB, 1179x1584
>>52638099
you know, there is a reason Java was so hyped up in the beginning, because people were sick as shit of pointers and generally C and C++
>>
>>52638037
My experience is that beginners are confused by the meaning of high level /low level, because they don't have experiences with many languages.
Everytime people say C is high level I chuckle a bit.
Ok, it is compared with assembly, but now it is considered middle level language.
>>
>>52638126
Pointerfag here.
With pointers I can share one object as data container + no inheritance == not defragmented data in memory == much less cahe misses == much faster code.
>>
>>52638126

i dont even into pointers

its just pass by mem adress?
wat so troublesome
>>
What are pointers advantages over refereces?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 290x174
>>52637533
>I enjoy using an intentionally gimped language
>>
>>52638207
You failed the test
>>
>>52638199

you can manipulate them
also a disadvantage
>>
>>52638199
You can't rebind references
>>
I dislike forced OOP. So now I'm a fedora?
>>
Pointers are like nunchucks, the slightest error and you loose the ability to pass on your genes.
>>
Pointers are fun
>>
>>52638199
Reference is something like a variable that defaultly gives address instead of the value. You can make the reference on some address, but after it's creation you can't change address of reference anymore; same like you can't change adress of any variable. Pointers only pointing on some address (they don't store any value, only address) or they are pointing to nothing (NULL pointer). Hope you got it.
>>
>>52638354
implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>52638337
nobody is forcing you to use OOP if all you do is trivial shit. You can just do that in 1 class in java and not use OOP.
>>
>>52638573
Doom 3 is in C++ and is like C with classes
>>
>>52637533
Working in sociology. I heard a person who was using Java for HP today, she said she know C++ to be taken in an engineer school so she's been in a hurry to learn C++. Now she's disgusted people want here to use Java, because muh pointers.

She roughly said she's been told it was so cool and easier, because it does everything for you, but that she prefers the programs does shit because of her instead of an obscure way Java has to deal with anything she would do.

Also 0-days.
>>
>>52638040
I had a buddy enjoy it when his webserver stopped every few minutes to do "garbage collection" and stopped serving requests.
>>
stop falling for b8 you fucking retards
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.