[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else not understand company marketing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1453059293430.jpg (44 KB, 646x335) Image search: [Google]
1453059293430.jpg
44 KB, 646x335
Seems like companies randomly make up words, never define them and then use them over and over again in conferences. No one seems to know what the fuck they are talking about.

Every year there is another buzzword and the entire company eventually adopts it. In these conferences the presenters say nothing but bullshit with buzzwords. So by the end of it you have no idea what the company is doing but it SOUNDS GOOD!
>>
>>52633353
For the same reason anything else company does
Because it sells
>>
>>52633353
Using buzzwords makes a product seem more special to those who know the words meaning or pretend to know it. The. When they buy the product they have words to use to justify their purchase in addition to their sense of superiority
>>
>>52633353
I absolutely hate this.

Tell me in concrete terms what the product/service is about and stop trying to fill my ears with the word groundbreaking, top of the line and other words that have no substinence
>>
THAT'S MARKETING
>>
>laptop listing
>only GPU VRAM amount is listed
>not the actual GPU itself
So fucking annoying.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.