[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /g/, after being on iPhone for like a decade now I finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 200px-Android_robot_2014.svg.png (8 KB, 200x235) Image search: [Google]
200px-Android_robot_2014.svg.png
8 KB, 200x235
Well /g/, after being on iPhone for like a decade now I finally made the switch to an android phone after years of hearing what a retard I was for liking an iPhone.

So far it's alright but one thing that's really bugging me is when you are in the phones browser there's no way to instantly scroll back to the top of a page by tapping the top edge the way iOS let's you. Is there any way to do that that I'm missing? Cause it's a feature I used all the time on the iPhone and I have to be honest I feel more like a retard swiping my finger a billion times to scroll back up than I ever did on iPhone. It seems like a fairly basic feature to have, I can't believe a mobile OS everyone seems to rate so highly doesn't have it.

Also, tapping the close button on the reply box on 4chan doesn't do anything on Android but it worked fine on iOS. Any suggestions there?
>>
>>52632708
>Is there any way to do that that I'm missing?
Not that I know of, there's probably a root app or something for that, though.

>tapping the close button on the reply box on 4chan doesn't do anything
It does work, the click area is just really small. Zoom in a bit and it should work.
There are also a bunch of 4chan apps you could try, the mobile layout isn't that great.
>>
>>52632809
Thanks bro, I'll have a look into the 4chan apps.

Got the close button to work after all, cheers for that. Shame about the scroll to top thing, that was a genuinely useful feature. Guess I can live without if need be.
>>
>>52632948
Get Clover.

You can try other browsers than the default. Chrome is pretty good, and there are many other choices for free on the store.
>>
>>52632982
Clover seems to be gone I'm afraid, the only thing called Clover is a game of some sort and the other 4chan apps have reviews saying they aren't as good as Clover. RIP in pieces.

I'll try other browsers.
>>
>>52633052
https://github.com/Floens/Clover/raw/dev/releases/Clover_v2.1.2.apk
>>
>>52633060
Yeah, just found that, cheers for the help man.
>>
>>52632982
Clover is gone right now, but its coming back. The dev added /a/ as a default board, which isn't allowed. Everyone needs to redownload it tho. Clover got a remake.
The dev browses /g/ quite often, i wouldn't be surprised if he was reading this right now.
>>
>>52632708
I recommend giving TouchPal keyboard a try.
It's just a trace keyboard like swype, but the wave messaging just got me hooked.
>>
>>52633165
chinese botnet.
>>
Firefox did something like tap to top, but also giving one or two good hard flicks up usually gets you to top of page
>>
>>52632708
>switching to shitdroid because people called you a retard.
You're an idiot
>>
>>52633435
Retard.
>>
Don't you miss the swipe from the left to return? It has been something like a full year since I changed phones but I'm still swiping from the left to return occasionally. Back button is so stupid compared to it.
>>
>>52633410
Flicks down*
>>
>>52633448
implying I have an Iphone. Bitch im on a BB
>>
>>52632708

Try clover for browsing 4chan. Its way better
>>
There's an xposed module for that tapping feature. (Author: Mohamedag) Sorry I forgot the app name.

I don't use the feature so I don't really know how good the app is.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.