[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all free video editors crap? Why can't just one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Video Editor.png (331 KB, 800x483) Image search: [Google]
Video Editor.png
331 KB, 800x483
Why are all free video editors crap?

Why can't just one of them be as simple to start and use like Sony Vegas?
>>
>>52629835
>why are all free video editors crap
I use Blender. It's fine, and does everything a video editor should.

Why are you so crap at using video editors?
>>
>>52629881
Blender runs like crap on my machine and doesn't look anything like a functional video editor from the get go, I don't want to have to spend hours learning from tutorials on how to get it working well
>>
>>52629835
>Why are all free video editors crap?

Ikr? Why the fuck is it so common that people want me to pay for quality products? Unbelievable.
>>
>>52629944
I was more testing out my options before I switch to full time GNU/Linux, Looks like I'll have to figure out how to run vegas well from within a virtual machine
>>
>>52629835
Make one yourself.
>>
>>52630166
Too busy
>>
File: Capture.png (111 KB, 900x318) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
111 KB, 900x318
>>52629835
It crashed as soon as I opened your shit thread
>>
>>52630213
Not an excuse.
We still expect you to develop a quality product for free.
>>
>>52630320
Vegas Suddenly stopped working for me, reinstalled it and nothing, going to reinstall windows and that should clear things right up

attempting to run it in a VM is giving me issues, I can open an MP3 file, but the files that used to open fine won't open under the virtualized vegas even after converting them to a few formats and installing K-lite
>>
>>52630334
But I already bought vegas pro 9
>>
>vegas
megapleb detected

After Effects or death
>>
>>52630357
AE is just complicated trash.
>>
>>52630357
>After Effects
minorpleb detected

PremiƩre or death
>>
File: fag.jpg (766 KB, 2915x2000) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
766 KB, 2915x2000
>>52630368
>complicated
pic related - you

>>52630372
>premiere
It's okay but afaik doesn't support expressions
>>
>>52629835
Because it's fucking free.

See
>gimp vs Photoshop
>>
you could write a shell script that does everything that shit flame/flint clone does
>>
>>52630401
Ya but even like fucking CS2 is better than GIMP, GIMP doesn't even try. And there's an online browser based photoshop clone that works better than GIMP
>>
>>52630052
Kdenlive is bretty gud. Stable and probably the closest you can get to Vegas on Linux.

>>52630401
GIMP's UI is the biggest problem.
>>
>>52630393
I find premiere is a lot more better for longer sequences, while after effects is better for complex short ones. I think that's actually a design thing, too.

>>52629881
Blender is great if you've got the time to learn it. Flexible too.
If you post on /g/, I imagine that your time is worth nothing, so I'd give it a go.
>>
you're all stupid...you can't compare vegas with blender or ae...for vegas there is kdenlive or edius under windows but it is not free.
>>
Just use emacs you fool.
http://1010.co.uk/gneve.html

Actually, I sorta think that emacs might be getting a bit on the nose if you can use it for video editing.
>>
File: Movie Maker.png (72 KB, 1347x1011) Image search: [Google]
Movie Maker.png
72 KB, 1347x1011
This is how low my quest for a simple free video editor has brought me
>>
Hitfilm 3 Express is what I've been using and it's great. idk if its always free or if it was only free for a limited time, but i got it for free of their site is w/e
>>
Git good pleb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWCqMgBIhYQ
>>
>>52630814
Holy shit that looks like total trash
>>
>>52630874
Of course it's free what did you expect
>>
>>52629897
If you want to do anything besides merging some clips with a pop song at the background, you'll have to read tutorials regardless of the editor.
>>
Blender is good.
>>
>>52630458
emacs is the only program you have to run after starting X
terminal, browser, media player, pdf reader -- all there
>>
>>52631025
I pretty much learned vegas all on my own
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.