[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck does Youtube crash every other load? Its 2016.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: youtube-error.jpg (43 KB, 467x363) Image search: [Google]
youtube-error.jpg
43 KB, 467x363
Why the fuck does Youtube crash every other load? Its 2016.
10 years ago if a site did this we'd all dump it and find another. Now its just a way of life.
>>
>>52627823
Because JAVASCRIPT IS THE GODDAMN FUTURE STOP QUESTIONING IT AND JOIN A BAY AREA STARTUP
>>
>>52627823
>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR! WHY IS ____ STILL NOT WORKING?
When will this meme die.
>>
>>52627891
What's the solution then
>>
It works for me
>>
>>52627823
Stop clicking around in the video like a spastic and it won't do that.
>>
>>52627891
the implication is that human achievement, knowledge, wealth, technology, etc have all progressed significantly and are at an all-time high in the history of the world and yet there still are stupid problems which could be easily avoided or solved.

this duality stands as an affront to the logical balance we all so deeply desire, and the inherent generosity of the human spirit
>>
File: nothing works.jpg (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
nothing works.jpg
96 KB, 400x400
>>
>>52628075
just rewatched the movie because of this post. that screenshot is from the wrong part of the movie
>>
YOUTUBE on linux is terrible. TERRIBLE. But's it's pretty terrible on win/osx too.
>>
>>52627823
>not forcing the flash version
>using html5/js video player
that's why
>b-but muh flash hate
that's why
>b-but muh steven jobsy
that's why
>>
Works perfectly fine for me without any problems what so ever on my Microsoft® Windows™ 10 Professional x64-bit PC which uses Google® Chrome™ Canary™ 50.0.2631.0 x64-bit browser. :)
>>
Install mpv+youtube-dl
>>
>>52630134
how can you fuckup to install youtube?
Install firefox, chromium or youtube-dl.

I honestly just have a few channels which I watch regulaly and I just download the new files from them. As I watch the longer content (1-2h podcast-ish stuff) this is a good model for me as I can pause, leave the computer for a while and resume without having to load the video again.
>>
>>52630134
Huh?? I've used it on Linux for ages and it was never any more problem than it was on Windows where is works almost every time. Maybe your browser is set up stupid or your ISP is bad.
>>
>>52627823
youtube-dl it all.

it's also probably an issue with your ISPs link to google.
>>
>>52632923
Another option is VLC. Strangely it has grown the ability to play, save or re-stream Youtube videos. Media->Open Network Stream..., and paste the whole youtube ?v= URL into it.
>>
>>52632985
are you able to choose which audio/video quality to play or save? last time i tried vlc this was not possible.
>>
>>52633053
Not as far as I can tell, unless there's a URL parameter you can use or a thing to put into the options box under advanced.
>>
>>52633179
youtube-dl has won this round.
>>
>>52633218
doesn't work with playlists
>>
>>52633290
downloading playlists?
>>
I can't even remember the last time it crashed for me. Sounds like something on your end. Linux much?
>>
>>52627823
Nothing wrong here. Using firefox. The only browser that shows me that particular error is meme moon.
>>
>>52633290
youtube-dl -f 18 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZVkseJlphu88w_1QTxkQn7KmI4NPyZcr
[youtube:playlist] PLZVkseJlphu88w_1QTxkQn7KmI4NPyZcr: Downloading webpage
[download] Downloading playlist: Armored Warfare Gameplay
[youtube:playlist] playlist Armored Warfare Gameplay: Downloading 6 videos
[download] Downloading video 1 of 6
>>
>>52627823

it crashes for me about every other time on a regular unmodified browser (Firefacefuck)

ive been using that other site lately can't remember its name -- no problem at all usually on the other site
>>
File: 1381786633_katya-ryabova.jpg (28 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1381786633_katya-ryabova.jpg
28 KB, 250x250
>>52631531

YOU STONE COLD KILLA
>>
>>52631550
this

no youtube video loads for me, but i don't bother even finding out why because why the fuck would i use the in-browser player when i can play them directly and instantly from mpv?
>>
>>52631439
im using html5 and it hasn't crashed
>>
>>52627823
do you have dig command on your machine?

dig youtube.com

paste results.
>>
>>52633714
I'm using the HTML5 one as well. It eats a bit more CPU than the Flash one, but it doesn't crash if you look at it crooked.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.