[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More like eunics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 17
File: Implying.png (758 KB, 1098x442) Image search: [Google]
Implying.png
758 KB, 1098x442
Alright /g/, it's game time.

Give me a reason to use GNU/Linux over Mac OS X. Consider the following.

-> You're paying $0.00 for what is essentially a hybrid kernel, the BSD userland (and everything that comes with it), and the Apple UI. Paying nothing for a very polished and stable certified-Unix system seems reasonable, considering how well Apple seems to integrate everything in their OS.

-> You're not really missing out on anything in Mac that you wouldn't in GNU/Linux. You've got the same version control software, gcc, a packaging system, and the same IDE's as GNU/Linux if you develop that way. Much of the underlying structure of OS X is rooted in Darwin, which is basically BSD, meaning that it's free and open source. You can literally look at the source inside the OS.

-> Let's also consider the proprietary side of things. Sometimes, the open source drivers and plugins the community has can be... a little lackluster. You have every streaming service available, the Microsoft suite of productivity software, and a whole host of other software available through the Mac App store, a great way of unifying all the programs available for OS X and providing them to the user.

-> The UI is very well done and responsive, and anything that it really wanted to hide from the user, can be found if they really wanted to. If you're someone who can't live without all the rice, it's not like you can't slap a tiling wm on it, make some modifications, and call it a day if you're so inclined. Once again, it's the best of both worlds.

-> "But Anon," you spurt out through your cheeto drooling mouth, "What about all the 'excellent' command-line tools that Linux has?" There's nothing that isn't already on OSX that you can't just compile anyway, since you were already going to do that on Linux.

So tell me /g/, what's the point, or even the benefit of using an often unstable, often untested OS made mostly by graduate students and old fogeys who bang on bongos?
>>
>>52627435
>Give me a reason to use GNU/Linux over Mac OS X. Consider the following.
Stopped reading there.
>>
Don't use linux, you'll give it AIDS
>>
enjoy your cultural marxism
>>
File: applelprivacy.png (356 KB, 673x888) Image search: [Google]
applelprivacy.png
356 KB, 673x888
>>52627435
>OSX
>get spied on apple AND microsoft

Literally CuckOS.
>>
>>52627435
>You're paying $0.00
The price of the operating system is included in the hardware.
>>
>>52627435
>certified-Unix
>this was only ever a selling point in the 80s when unix was the dominant OS
>thus being unix actually meant compatibility and interoperability with what everyone else uses

>2016
>99.999% of the world is windows, gnu/linux, android/linux
>caring about having compatibility with an ancient proprietary closed source AT&T OS

UNIX is a dead meme.
>>
>>52627562
AMG EVERY TIME YOU DO A GOOGLE SEARCH THE SEARCH TERMS ARE SENT TO GOOGLE!!1 BOTNET!!1

>being this retarded
>>
>>52628567
>spotlight
>google search

Literally every keystroke you type in your OS since Finder is pure shit and forces you to use spotlight to look through and analyze all your files before sending it all back to apple. That's even worse than jewgle.
>>
>>52627435
Wrong!! I can't believe how many retards get this wrong. You're laying for the OS when you buy the computer. Simple as that.

Also, this isn't freaking Linux or Windows, support will be dropped in 5 years, and after that, you can either use the aforementioned two, or bug a new Mac. There is nothing special about this shiny turd.
>>
>You're paying $0.00
More like I'm paying $500 extra. If OS X was actually good, I'd be able to buy it for any machine, just like Windows.

The only reason to use Windows is for games. If you're not using Windows, you use Linux. There are ZERO benefits to using OS X.
>>
- No native aero snap
- Broken implementation of Samba
- Leaves hidden directories everywhere

I'd sooner use Shitbuntu
>>
Actually, all OSes fucking suck.

I've got a rickety-as-shit Hackintosh that I've turned into a Linux machine because I didn't want to stress over updates and fixing shit anymore. Yeah, I switched to Linux because I don't like fixing shit. Isn't that fucked up?

Apple's latest media software is fucking garbage. FCPX is a clusterfuck, what with the magnetic timeline and precipitous reduction of features--it's just iMovie+. I've had the most bizarre bugs on the thing too--shut-downs when hovering clips over the timeline, etc. I'd have to waste a fuckton of money on Adobe's subscriber-based trash, which I could just as easily run on Windows...
even if the fucking font rendering of Windows was done by a pack of unwashed Indian undergrads and the OS is a cynical, poorly-veiled spy-tastic gaming machine for technologically illiterate fucktards. Windows 10 literally looks worse than stock xfce. How the fuck do you even FUCK THAT UP? It's like the fucking interface was designed by a pack of fat fucking moms with sociology degrees. Jesus fucking christ. Hang yourself, Windows fanboys.

Not saying Apple is any better, ever since they wheeled out that fucking retina-searing flat design and soldered the fucking Mac Mini shut, hiding the fucking system Library directory and pimping iOS onto everything.

Meanwhile, you've got Linux, which is ass too, because nobody makes good software for Linux.
GIMP is not good software. Holy shit. The fucking algorithm for stroking layers doesn't even work. How long has that been in the fucking program? A decade by now? The algorithms for every tool fucking suck. GIMP simply doesn't have a shit ton of money to blow on a bunch of malnourished and overpaid Chinese immigrants to make anything fucking decent like Adobe does. Video editing? Forget kdenlive. Yeah, you can use Lightworks, I guess, but editing takes forever because you literally have to rewind and rewatch footage in order to make the simplest of cuts--it's imprecise as shit. FUCK.
>>
>>52627435
mac os runs like shit on my 2006 macbook pro
>>
>>52628567
spotlight is way different than a google search idiot
you don't use a google search to open an application on your computer
>>
>>52628836
So you could get a fucking Mac and they'll charge you TWO HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS FOR 16 GB OF RAM. Fucking NOBODY pays TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS for 16 GB. Are you fucking HIGH? You can't even buy the fucking RAM after the fact, because the fucking case is sealed.

You can't even upgrade the piece of shit like you used to be able to, and even when you could, upgrading Macs was a fucking chore.

It's an aluminium planned-obsolescence box. They just keep pushing updates onto your fucking fashion accessory until it's slower than the decay of fucking Vladmir Lenin--which is exactly what Microsoft does, except you can upgrade a Windows machine.

Linux gets away from obsolescence clean, but it's still fucking filthy with balkanization abound and Canonical's attempt to become a viable consumer OS. fuck don't even get me started on libreoffice and abiword jesus babyfucking christ

Fuck. All you fucking OS fanboys need to guzzle some fucking bleach and blow it out your fucking ass.
>>
>>52627585
Hackintosh desu
That way you can have any OS installed on your computer if you need to
>>
>>52628598
>disable spotlight suggestions
Gee that was fucking hard.
>>
>>52627435
>Give me a reason to use GNU/Linux over Mac OS X. Consider the following.

Compiz
>>
>>52629508
>even uses same damage control MS shills use
>thinks that does shit besides not show you the suggestions
topkek
>>
File: osx-btfo.png (433 KB, 1295x1632) Image search: [Google]
osx-btfo.png
433 KB, 1295x1632
>>52627435
>OS X
>>
File: osx--btfo.png (200 KB, 1062x1518) Image search: [Google]
osx--btfo.png
200 KB, 1062x1518
>>52629728
>>
>>52629540
>Compiz
Spinnan' cubes?
>>
There is none. OSX beats Lunix in every way except maybe if you run a server or some shit.

>>52627562
>using spotlight

Well I hear it's pretty okay I guess so if you MUST use it, just block outgoing traffic from it.
>>
>>52629728
Who the hell is GEOFF Wozniak?
STEVE Wozniak I know of.
>>
>>52627435
Mac OSX is actually better than Wincuck. But I do not appreciate their philosophy "Buy our shitty hardware only"
>>
>>52629816
>if you MUST use it
It's a requirement since Finder is complete utter shit.
>>
>>52629854
Or maybe you're just a non-power user?
Spotlight offers zero advantage if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>52629728
>>52629740
>Yosemite
Yeah no.
>>
>>52627435
I know this is a troll but I'll bite.

OS X is a poor Unix. Yeah the core BSD is still there but the distinguishing features that make it OS X are loaded with a bunch of nonsense that isn't remotely Unix-like. Resource forks? Plist files? Framework bundles? Monolithic proprietary APIs with some of the worst documentation known to man? Ugh, please get it away from me.

The UI is the usual flat design bullshit we're all sick of. It has the typical outdated desktop metaphors, kludged together with random iOS-type features such as an app store and a bizarrely useless home screen.

The app store, do not get me started on the app store. Unless you are a developer then this is basically the solution for "package management" that you are supposed to use. Hey guess what, you know that basic OS feature that you wanted to use? Well we didn't include that, but you can buy it on the app store for 5 bucks. And then you can do it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day...

I am typing this from El Capitan and overall I would say that from a user experience perspective it is thoroughly mediocre. But the fact that large portions of the OS are proprietary is a good enough reason to ditch it in favor of GNU/Linux or a real BSD.
>>
>>52629903
Why the fuck wouldnt you use Spotlight? Just turn the web search off it it bothers you that much.

>>52629854
What exactly dont you like about it?
>>
New apple hardware is TERRIBLE.

Hackintosh is alright, but annoying in that iMessage doesn't work, and the appstore can fail, because of motherboard IDs and serials.

If you need professional apps, use OSX, if not, use linux or whatever suits your fancy.

I'm a long-time hackintosh user, or was, until about a month ago. Using linux full time (again)--as I don't need pro apps at home anymore.
>>
File: 1453443127977.jpg (15 KB, 227x200) Image search: [Google]
1453443127977.jpg
15 KB, 227x200
>>52629953
>turn the NSA backdoor off
>>
>>52629953
I do'nt use it.

I don't understand why someone —would— use it.
Open apps: Use the Dock
Find a file: Command-F
Cycle through Windows: Command-<
Access menus: Ctrl-F2
Access already-open apps: Command-tab
Get unit conversion, calculator, etc: see above

Can someone mention something that Spotlight is useful for?
>>
alright well i love macs and apple and steve jobs and all that

but the thing is
i go to buy a laptop from them, right?
im gonna buy thems laptop
and im looking at their laptop, like im lookin at the laptop i wanna buy right?
well the thing is, you can get a $2000 macbook pro that dont even have a graphics card in it, and the hard drive is pretty small too, so you'd probably have to upgrade that yourself, costing you more money and voiding the warranty
you could pay them about $500 more upfront to upgrade to a SSD worth about $100 more than the default one, too, i guess, but that's pretty fucking demeaning to have to do that on a laptop that already costs $2000 for a pile of nothing just because you're buying apple
isn't the markup enough? there's like $1k of hardware in there, tops, why do they have to rip me another $400 just to have more than 256GB on my hard drive like jesus fuck ass piss

oh yeah and im reading about the other 15" macbook pro model, the one with discrete graphics. i was wondering how they take such a small and thin thing and put a discrete graphics thingy in there, how they keep all that cool
evidently if you run any kind of high workload on the gpu OR EVEN THE CPU, it overheats and downclocks everything
yeah, that's right, you can't even play video games on microshaft wangblows on your macbook pro because they put in a monster graphics chip that overheats and makes the entire fucking system downclock after a few minutes

literally the entire point of this fucking brand is supposed to be that you pay a large % markup to get a solid fucking laptop that is powerful, small, light, and without any serious faults like not even being able to use the fucking hardware it comes with

needless to say i bought this gaudy piece of shit $1000 MSI pile of shit instead and i look like a fucking nerd faggot but i guess you can't win them all
>>
>>52630002
All the things you listed for example. How about opening an app that isnt in the dock?
>>
also wait hold up what the fuck you guys talking about? spotlight IS for power users, you just press command-space and type in the first few letters of the name of literally whichever file or program you wanted to open and press enter and bamo good to go right?

you guys don't like, fucking navigate to the shit you want to open like some kind of grandma right?
>>
>>52630002
>Open apps: Use the Dock
Pointless. I just hide the dock and use spotlight to open apps.
>>
>>52627758
>what is POSIX
moron
>>
>>52630022
Wew, I didnt even read more than 4 lines of this autistic rambling, I really hope this is a pasta.
>>
>>52630002
open an app that's not on the dock?
or how about find a file like 9999% faster than the retarded method you just described lmao

opening a file using spotlight in 3 easy steps:
1. command-space to open spotlight regardless of what you are currently doing
2. start typing name of file
3. enter

opening a file using your retarded method:
1. press command-tab until you are in finder
2. command-f
3. start typing name of file
4. press tab fucking twice just to get the UI to actually put your focus on the search results lmao fuck this is stupid
5. enter
6. OH WAIT HAHA ENTER DOESNT EVEN OPEN SHIT IN FINDER
7. command-o
>>
>>52630063
u mad applefagot???
>>
>>52630035
Click any app while holding command so I get thrown to the Apps folder. I have to do this probably once a month because all the apps I typically use are in the Dock.

>>52630043
The dock is hidden. When I move the mouse to the left, it shows up.
>>
>>52627435
a few reasons to not use os x:
>HFS+
>XML based init system
>structure of the conf system is a hellish nightmare
>has tons of shit i never use (launchpad, notification bar, dock, all the installed-by-default software) and is thus way heavier than i need it to be
>absolutely everything has GUI sugar coming out the wazoo
>many of the coreutils and other *nix utils you mentioned don't work as expected
>many of the features i use in development are simply not or not easily available

i'm not saying os x is bad. it's just a trade-off, and while this trade-off has favored os x for a large part of my life because of the reasons you pointed out, this is changing for me. FOR ME.

pick your weapon. it's a free world.
>>
>>52630103
>open an app that's not on the dock?
1. command click a program in the dock so I get to the apps folder
2. start typing name of file
3. cmd-down

>or how about find a file like 9999% faster than the retarded method you just described lmao
>1. command-space to open spotlight regardless of what you are currently doing
>2. start typing name of file
>3. enter
That opens the file in the default app. I don't always want to do that.

>7. command-o
living in the 90s?
>>
>>52630159
>command click a program in the dock so I get to the apps folder
>clicking
hahah
HAHAHAHA
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YOU
CLICK
TO OPEN SHIT?
NO FUCKING WONDER YOU TALK AS IF YOU'RE RETARDED
YOU'RE ACTUALLY FUCKING RETARDED
L M A O
M
A
O

>That opens the file in the default app. I don't always want to do that.
yeah, luckily you can just command-enter to open the file in finder and then open it with whatever you want still using less steps than finder's search. pleb
>>
>>52630191
You still have to click to open in another app.

But if you insist on using le simple elegant botlight then be my guest :^)
>>
>>52630228
wrong yet again, plebanon. you can set up a keyboard shortcut or a trackpad gesture for opening the context menu with bettertouchtool. but i wouldn't bother, you're clearly not a power user so should probably just keep clicking on stuff like you're an 80 year old.
>>
>>52630273
> you can set up a keyboard shortcut or a trackpad gesture for opening the context menu with bettertouchtool
You can but you won't
You can pretend to be an elite hacker by throwing your mouse out of the window but to be a true super user you must learn a balance of mouse and keyboard
>>
>>52628885
Cant u afford to buy a new one faggot
>>
>>52630342
>you wont
i already did, although i definitely do click if i specifically want to open a file in some nondefault program, because that's faster than navigating the context menu with a keyboard

also like jesus christ you think fucking bettertouchtool is elite hacker business? it's not even advanced level power user business, it's like mac osx basics 101 for being able to do the basic stuff effortlessly without having to reach for the mouse
>>
>>52630390
If you have bettertouchtool then why do you even use Spotlight then? Like I said, NO ADVANTAGE
>>
File: 1453612341524.gif (338 KB, 538x572) Image search: [Google]
1453612341524.gif
338 KB, 538x572
>>52630043
>I just hide the dock and use NSA search to open apps.
>>
>>52630423
I mean, generally I don't? just found the notion of someone using cmd-f in finder hilarious, after talking about being a power user
>>
>>52630465
Command-F can be faster and more diverse though
Depends really what you're looking for
>>
>>52627435
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as OSX, is in fact, NSA/OSX, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, NSA plus OSX. OSX is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another locked down component of a fully functioning NSA system made useful by the NSA corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by the government.
Many computer users run a modified version of the NSA system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of NSA which is widely used today is often called “OSX”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NSA system, developed by the NSA.
There really is a OSX, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. OSX is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. OSX is normally used in combination with the NSA operating system: the whole system is basically NSA with OSX added, or NSA/OSX. All the so-called "OSX” versions are really versions of NSA/OSX.
>>
>>52627435
You're getting a modified version of bsd made for macs, so i'm sure that's figured into the huge price of your macintosh.
Enjoy it macfag.
>>
File: NsaOSX.png (365 KB, 748x900) Image search: [Google]
NsaOSX.png
365 KB, 748x900
>>52627435
>OS X
>>
>>52630050
>POSIX
stop cursing before your mom beats your ass in
>>
>>52628681
underrated post
>>
75% Unix start is fine senpai:

>>52627435
>el capitan
OpenNext -> sys v
Darwin/Mach kernel
FreeBSD -> 4.4BSD-lite2
Old Apple
>plus some 4.2BSD

FYI, only some filesystem & networking stack is left of fbsd in the kernel, very limited at that.

kernel & OS apl level is mostly rewritten, with a thin BSD layer for posix compliance and unix usability.

Userland is FreeBSD & GNU, with apple modifications to both (plus outdated).

Why would you use Linux?

> visualize linux dual boot install (plus same with windows)
integrate into docker/launcher

USE ALL THE APPLICATIONS & PROGRAMS
>>
File: Double Cuck.png (437 KB, 691x1268) Image search: [Google]
Double Cuck.png
437 KB, 691x1268
DOUBLE KEK
O
U
B
L
E

C
U
C
K
>>
>>52631041
>>
>>52631063
>not following nsa guide lines pdf
hosted on their site
>>
File: 1453520355053.png (686 KB, 992x874) Image search: [Google]
1453520355053.png
686 KB, 992x874
>>52631080
>nsa guide lines
>>
>>52628905
Underrated post
>>
File: 645876876234.jpg (23 KB, 680x405) Image search: [Google]
645876876234.jpg
23 KB, 680x405
>>52630022
double dubs of truth
>>
>>52631071
>luser
kek, at least you're being honest
>>
>>52629997
>Hackintosh is alright, but annoying in that iMessage doesn't work, and the appstore can fail, because of motherboard IDs and serials.
Use clover or whatever the hackintosh bootloader of the month is to fake the motherboard IDs and serial number.
>>
File: 1437870561440.jpg (80 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
1437870561440.jpg
80 KB, 570x587
>>52631331
>fakes motherboard IDs and serial number
>connects his credit card to appstore
>>
>>52631359
Except you literally don't need to connect your credit card to the app store.

You can get away with using iTunes gift cards if for some bizarre reason you want to actually make a purchase on the App Store.
>>
File: 1431274454595.jpg (28 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1431274454595.jpg
28 KB, 400x267
>>52631380
>still downloading it through the same interface
>just use gift card, duh
>>
>>52631380
what's the point? you still can't connect xcode or publish anything on that piece of shit setup
>>
>>52628885
a decade old piece of hardware
>>
>>52631420
>if for some bizarre reason you want to actually make a purchase on the App Store.

Hell, you don't even have have an Apple ID/use iCloud to use OS X. You could even never connect to a network, and it will still work fine.

>>52631430
If you're successfully faked your hardware IDs and serial it should work, unless Apple has a more strict check for connecting Xcode than they do for shit like iMessage.
>>
>>52630144
>HFS+
>XML based init system
>structure of the conf system is a hellish nightmare
>has tons of shit i never use (launchpad, notification bar, dock, all the installed-by-default software) and is thus way heavier than i need it to be
Try listing things that actually matter in any way.

>many of the coreutils and other *nix utils you mentioned don't work as expected
>many of the features i use in development are simply not or not easily available
like what feature?
>>
>>52631430
I use XCode without ever listing any credit card ID, you are obviously doing something wrong.
>>
Don't get Linux, nobody who uses it on /g/ has any tech knowledge and actually thinks it's good.
>>
>>52631380
>bizarre reason
Not being able to install BTT/BST and Bartender for basic DE functionality that should've been built-in (instead of that notification bar, mission control and launchpad bloat) is enough reason to never use that shitty OS
>>
>>52627435
>You're paying $0.00

OS X have shit driver support and can't do anything useful. The only point of using OS X is to signal to other homosexuals that you are homosexual as well. But most mac users have no technical knowledge so you need to spend Money on the hardware as well if you want to advertise Your homo preferences.
>>
>>52631583
Pretty sure the Bartender devs allow you to purchase Bartender directly rather than through the App Store. That's how I got it.

Don't know about BetterTouchTool, and I use Spectacle for window snapping.
>>
File: 1452515004357.jpg (287 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1452515004357.jpg
287 KB, 640x480
>>52631583
>things I know from windows are basic DE functionality
>things I don't know from Windows are needless bloat
Seems like you just have a strong case of baby duck syndrome.
>>
>>52631583
>>52631626
What exactly does bartender even do? You can already remove and move top bar icons by pressing CMD.
>>
>>52631618
>shit driver support
list some

Not baiting, genuinely interested
>>
>>52631555
>>52631507
>can't install any updates on his patched kernel without breaking it
>can't run latest version of xcode
>can't publish anything
>can't use icloud
>2016
>You could even never connect to a network
lol
>>
File: 1441126559706.jpg (14 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
1441126559706.jpg
14 KB, 300x245
>>52631734
notification bar - action center and windows sidebar
mission control - windows gadgets
launchpad - metro
BTT/BST and Bartender functionality is still missing in os x
>>
File: 397.jpg (63 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
63 KB, 447x400
>>52631799
>mission control - windows gadgets
Thats not what mission control does, did you ever use OSX?
>>
>>52631799
>mission control = windows gadgets
The Windows equivalent to MC would be that multiple workspaces feature that Microsoft finally added to Windows, several years after OS X and literally almost every Linux DE had already done so.
>>
>>52631101
yuppers, that is what i was implying. But, let me help you. Why not do their baseline plus the manufacturers, then your own additions? Seems more thorough than following a guide.
>stupid

>>52631306
i'll luser u

>>52631331
>>52631359
>>52631380
not just opening a terminal emulator up and using softwareupdate. Why ever would you use an "App store" outside of a mobile market?

>>52631507
above

>>52631555
my nigga tenminutemail apple dev account

>>52631848
>
zozzle, like i have mission control. not turning off sip and removing all useless OS X applications then turning it back on.

literally only have launchpad
>>
>>52627435
you posted this in the wrong location but you're right from every standpoint other than that of a high-end developer that focuses on something based around linux etc or a systems admin, or servers etc. it's just that mac hardware that is super trash for the cash. (; hackintosh works gr8 though.
>>
File: 8567623490870.png (473 KB, 780x488) Image search: [Google]
8567623490870.png
473 KB, 780x488
>>52631799
>not mentioning the lack of calendar in menu bar, and the retarded finder, which can't perform basic "merge and replace" properly other systems could do decades ago.

>>52631848
Implying that fugly dashboard is not a part of it
>using pic related unironically
kek

>>52631851
Existed since at least '95 and also implemented much better on Windows. OS X still can't into user-friendly snapping.

I'm forced to use OSX everyday, while I'm waiting for a proper laptop and it is literally shit tier.
>>
>>52632102
>Existed since at least '95
Having the support and actually implementing it are two different things.

I'm aware multiple workspace support has been in Windows, unused for quite some time.

>implemented much better on Windows
I've tried the Windows 10 implementation and it's more or less a clone of Mission Control and Exposé.
>>
>>52632305
>clone
I wouldn't use that word given that Spaces/Expose are missing some basic UX features implemented in Win10
>>
>>52632539
Basic UX features such as?

The only benefit I found was being able to select windows with the arrow keys while in the fake-Exposé view.
>>
>>52630103
im a music producer with 24k audio files, and being able to command-space name enter to find them is useful.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.