[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best text editor and why is it GNU Nano?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What's the best text editor and why is it GNU Nano?
>>
It is nano for console. There is no need for a "pro" editor.

For sure there are some good editiors with gui, and without meme "learning curve".

And don't tell me: "you are coding so much faster anon". Implying you just type and type without thinking.
>>
>>52624284
w-what?
>>
>>52624144
>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer
>>
>>52624477
you could have just said "mu" and gone on your merry way

anyways, we all know vi is the best editor
>>
Depends on the language
Java: Ellipse or intellij
C/C++/C#: Visual Studio
Web: Sublime
Lisp/Scheme based: Doesn't exist
>>
File: 1443217160816.jpg (11 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1443217160816.jpg
11 KB, 320x272
>>52624144
>>52624477
Double dub autist rekt you OP and your puny single dub
>>
>>52624144
>GNU Pico
>>
>vi has keyboard shortcuts
>they will save you so much time!
>have to remember what the shortcuts are
>spend more time bumblefucking around trying to figure out vi than doing the task
>>
elvis is the best text editor. If it's good enough for minix then it's good enough for you.
>>
Ed is the standard text editor.
>>
>>52627708
i love how this took 3 hours to be deleted.
>>
Notepad.exe
>>
>>52624144
cuz you don't know how to use vi
>>
>>52624784
For real this
>>
Vim
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.