[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found a phone, fucked up bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5
File: Edge.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1026) Image search: [Google]
Edge.jpg
529 KB, 1920x1026
I fucked up pretty badly.

So, about a week ago I found phone pictured in a pile of snow. Luckiest day of my life. I immediately took out the SIM and factory reset it.

Here's where I fucked myself. I made a samsung account on it and I connected it to my home Wifi and tethered to my own phone wifi.

I posted on Snap saying "I found a phone", and one person told somebody I found a phone, and that lead to the owner finding out I have it.

If I had the phone on me, I would've given it then and there. But I stupidly said I didn't have it. And it doesn't matter if I give it back now, cause I'd be getting stabbed either way. I "proved" I didn't post anything about finding a phone and drew it as far away from me as I could. But again, connected it to my home wifi and my an account on it.

They're gonna try to track it now. I just realized tonight how fucking stupid I am so I reset it again and for now it's sitting in airplane mode. I need to know every way I could draw it even farther from me. How to get rid of the Samsung account, and what I can do about the Wifi thing.

I was thinking about going out and connecting to as many Wifi spots as I can to try to hide my home wifi, but I'm doubting how well that will work.

I really need help with this, if I don't find a way I'm absolutely fucked.
>>
jst say that you found a phone this arternoon and its probably his phone...
>>
>announcing finding a phone you want to keep
You're a fucking retard, give it back jamal
>>
>>52606694
They're a bunch of nignogs, if I did that I'd still get pummeled.
>>
Have you tried not being a dumb nigger?
You wrote it yourself, "I just realized how fucking stupid I am", surely you're aware enough to face to help consequences then, right?

Idiot.
>>
>>52606659
holy shit jamal just give it back
and next time don't announce that you stole a fucking phone you idiot
>>
>>52606807
Nigger I legitimately found it outside, not stole it.
>>
Sell it on Craigslist for $100 less than the lowest and either don't give them your phone number or use a burner. Set your location as the other side of town.
>>
>>52606814
thats stealing it dumbass
if it isn't yours and you took it (without the intent on getting it back to it's owner asap) you stole it
>>
>>52606820
I was planning on having to sell it now but that doesn't changed that the phone would still lead back to me because it connected to my wifi.
>>
>>52606843
How the fuck do you expect them to know it's your wifi?
They would need a warrant to get your address from your isp, just change your network name and you're golden.
>>
Stop stealing, Tyrone.

You should have easily found out how to contact someone who could relay it to him/her. Or hell, you could have posted on his/her facebook or other social media. But no, you decided to fucking factory reset it (losing all pics, vids, etc.) like a dick then try to sell it. That's theft. Go fuck yourself.
>>
You could say you lied because you thought the actual owner was lying when he claimed it was his and you didn't want some random dude to end up with it and ask for proof-- then, when he gives proof, give it back.
>>
>>52606659
You shoulda gave it back you faggot. Is it gonna do any good or is it gonna make you rich? No, but you could have been helpful to the person who lost it and gave it back.
>>
>>52606659

jamal steals phone

jamal brags about it on the internet

different jamal finds him

jamal needs to know how to cover up his tracks

all whilst simultaneously NOT throwing out or giving back the stolen phone

GIVE IT BACK JAMAL
>>
File: 1442743013079.png (74 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1442743013079.png
74 KB, 289x289
Jesus Christ, Tarquan. Did you really think any of this was a good idea? To just sell somebody's phone?
>>
Mail it to him you retard
>>
>>52606949
Wasn't the original intention, found a phone and thought I'd replace my pos phone with it.
>>
>>52606814
Holy shit I can't believe you exist
>>
>>52606963
Just mail it to him with no return address. Your wifi means literally nothing, some nigger is not going to go to police to get a warrant to go to your isp and get your info from your ip.
>>
Give it back, Jaboor
>>
>>52606659
You're going to die dude, get life insurance before they stab you
>>
>hey niguh its ma phone
>yeah man tell me how your phone is
>oh it's a samsung edge xyz nigguh
>sorry, the one I found is an apple whatever
Why do you have to be such an attwhore faggot that post that kind of shit online? You deserve to get fucked.
>>
>>52606659

Return it before you get "located", Tyrone.
>>
>Find phone.
>Throw it in a cabinet.
>Find a charger for it and charge it up.
>see texts asking for phone back.
>Text them back.
>Phone is disabled.
>Send anonymized texts and calls.
>No answer.

what do I do now. I haven't touched it since. Still has the sim and everything.
>>
>>52606829
Finding and stealing aren't the same thing. Ownership is not intrinsic to physical materials in any way.
>>
>>52606814
>Nigger I legitimately found it outside, not stole it.
>I immediately took out the SIM and factory Reset it.

Fucking retard kill yourself
>>
>>52607802
>oh i found an open car with car keys attached
>i didn't steal it officer, i found it, it's not the same!
>>
>>52606814
Fuck I hope they track you down and stab you. If I were the owner I would try to track your stealing ass down.

>find phone
>pull sim and wipe phone
>announce to public you found phone
>original owner hears about your announcement
>lie and say you didn't find phone
>...
>wait for owner to figure out your a lying piece of shit
>wait for him to hunt your ass down
>get beat up/stabbed/raped
>profit???

Do you understand how dumb you are? Like at no point did you stop for a second or two and think ' what the fuck am I doing?' You can't just give the phone back now because it's so painfully obvious you tried to steal it.
>>
>>52607779

Tell me what to do guys.
I've tried getting the phone back to the owners. Didn't work out.
Now what. Do I use it myself? Any chance of it coming back to bite me in the ass?

Honestly I've just thought about trashing it.

Also I am totally not OP. Not at all. Seriously.
>>
>>52608041
>announce you found phone
>guy looking to get a new phone hears about it
>"yo bro you got my phone"
>"dis lil bitch boy gonna give up this phone and I ain't got to do shit"
it's pretty simple OP should just reset it, pop back in the sim and hope the original owner contacts him and just blame the wipe on the snow
>>
>>52606659
make your wifi open to be able to say you weren't the one to create a samsung account over it.

get rid of the phone. if you don't destroy it clean the fingerprints off of it.

ideally get rid of the phone somewhere where the ower will find it so they are less inclined to press charges/look after you/beat the shit out of you

that's what I'd do. Also, stop stealing.
>>
Who the fuck does drop phones in snow piles in the first place? And not noticing it? And a phone worth shitload of money?
>>
>>52606814
>I legitimately found it outside, not stole it.
Honest question. Are you black? Why do you think that taking something that isn't yours just becauuse it is unaccompanied is not stealing? I was wondering if this was a culture thing.
>>
>>52607802
So if a mother left her baby for a few seconds to fetch an item from the shopping isle I can claim that physical material and sell it to pedo sex rigns because " ownership is not intrinsic to """physical materials""" in any way."
>>
>>52608650
Back in highschool my iPod touch 4 had broken. One day at the end of the school day I was at my locker getting my shit when a class had just been dismissed, as students walked past behind me I felt something thump between my legs
> mfw same exact iPod touch as mine and same amount of memory
> my other one was later replaced for frizzle by apple.
Never found out who the person that lost it was; people saw me pick it up but no one ever said anything.

I also found $20 on the curb at millennium park once too.
>>
This entire thread. Smh, senpai. OP, you're a huge nigger. This thread is the sort of thing that got you in trouble in the first place. Well, other than your general problem of being a nigger. Fuck, it's worse though, because at least most niggers have the good sense to hide their behavior from civilized people. You're even bad at being a nigger. You're like an ultra nigger or something.

>>52607802
See, actually, normal (read: white) people try to return the property of others when we happen to find it. It helps that most of us are actually employed. Protip: Welfare is not employment.

>>52607848
Niggers unironically do that. Have you ever lived in Chicago?
>>
>>52607802
Please see >>52608717.

Is that honestly what you believe the law is? Who told you that was true? Your parent? Gang?
>>
just factory reset it again then put sim back in then give back tiny little shit.
>>
>itt op is a nig and stole from some smart nigs who are gonna beat his ass in a time speed limit
have fun dying from stealing from gangs op.
>>
>>52607802
>>52608773
>Hey I found this bike chained to a fence.

The ultimate litmus test is this: if OP truly didn't think he was stealing, why did he immediately remove the SIM and wipe the phone?

I could find a rock on the side of the road and I wouldn't quickly grab it and hide it then brush it clean of anyone else's fingerprints.

The intrinsic ownership is SOMEONE'S FUCKING SIM CARD YOU FUCKING MORON.
>>
>>52606659
wow, you are a fucking idiot. this is why no one likes black people.
>>
time stamp of phone or bait
>>
>>52608859
this
>>
>>52606707
/thread
>>
>>52606659
why didnt you just call someone on the phones contact list to get it back to the owner? you total fucking shitbag, i hope your house gets broken into by negros and you get raped and all your shit gets jacked
>>
>>52606871
Stop helping Tyrone steel, give it back you cuck and apologize
>>
File: 1380431741621.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1380431741621.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
How did you even manage to get onto this website? This is a troll isnt it?
>>
>>52608772

Are you the kind of faggot who would call the police because you found $400 in a envelope with no name on the street?
>>
>>52607779
IMEI lock is one direction only and irreversible, you currently have the equivalent of an iPod, congrats.
>>
>>52608116

too late

this is a good life lesson about thinking before doing

you deserve what is coming...
>>
>>52611781
> White knights will stay out of prison
>>
>>52606659
why would you make some sort of account and post on snap anyway?
dumbass kids
>>
>>52606829
yeah youre a fucking retard arent you
thats not a question
>>
>>52611781
OP deserves a beating for the moron he is
>hurr durr found a phone that i can reset and use fuck the previous owner finders keepers amiright?? :^))))))
>ohsht owners found out i have their phone after my dumb ass posted about finding a phone and saying im going to keep it
>>
>>52606887
It isnt theft at all silly billy
>>
>>52611886
Kek
>>
File: Black-man-cell-phone-pf-371x414.png (199 KB, 371x414) Image search: [Google]
Black-man-cell-phone-pf-371x414.png
199 KB, 371x414
me find cel fone
me keep cel fone
>>
What is this shit faggots? Help OP and stop being obnoxious cunts. You know you would do the same. Flash a new ROM on it faggot. Then flash the original rom back. Prob fixes it.
>>
Or just keep the new ROM for better battery life and root.
>>
>>52612167
>Flash a new ROM on it faggot. Then flash the original rom back. Prob fixes it.
>because fuck the IMEI/SN and the cyberpolice, I am untraceable!!
dumbass
>>
Throw it away
>>
>>52606659
absolute retard.
>>
>find unlocked car in street
>take it home
>post about it on Facebook
>>
File: 1453708313264[1].png (106 KB, 291x385) Image search: [Google]
1453708313264[1].png
106 KB, 291x385
>>52606814
>>
>>52606659
hahahah is this real? do you think fbi will come for you? seriously stop being so panicked...

I've found an iphone 4 back in the days and sold it to a random guy for a new galaxy nexus... no problems whatsoever
>>
>>52606659
>I stole a phone
>>
>>52606659
Give it back Tyrone
>>
>>52606659
Nigger.
>>
>>52612167
For starters, I wouldn't post anything saying that I "found" a phone.

>>52612237
This is the only issue I can think of, if OP factory resetted it through the settings menu and reactivation lock and other security features are not enabled, the phone would be untraceable, apart from its IMEI.
>>
>>52606659
OOOOGGGAAA BOOOGAAAA
GIBSMEDAT
I
B
S
M E DAT
uranigger op
>>
>>52606659
Install CyanogenMod or a different stock android ROM on it, that'll get rid of those weird Samsung accounts.
Speaking of that, maybe completely wipe and format the SD.
After that, hide it and don't use it for a couple days/weeks. This isn't so that they can't track you but so that they don't find the phone on you.
Also, you're a fucking dumbass.
You're welcome.
>>
Dude give my phone back sheit
>>
>>52606659
Hahahahah, you really are fucked. Natural selection doing its job, I see.
>>
>>52606659
>announcing personal information on social media
>getting burned as a result

These things always bite you in the ass, you should have just quietly pocketed the phone and gone on with your life.
>>
>>52610603

Not the same anon, but I'm the kind of faggot that would call the police if I found an envolope with: "Property of XYZ" on it.
>>
sheeeeeeeeeeeit
>>
>>52606659
Why the fuck would you announce it too everyone op? Are you autistic?
>>
>>52606659
>samtards are literally subhuman niggers
lmao
>>
"if I don't find a way I'm absolutely fucked"
you should be, anon
>>
You found a phone and immediately decided that its yours now. I hope they find out, and I hope you get your ass beat. You retardedly posted it online, and the owner found it without you intending for that to happen. Thats how fucking easy it would have been to return it. Sorry buddy you deserve it.
>>
>>52612167
You the man.
>>
First I'd like to say I'm white.

Second, I didn't go on Facebook like some porch monkey and scream "OOGA I FIND PHONE HERE'S SPECIFIC SERIAL NUMBER BOOGA", I posted on my snap with seven friends saying "Found a phone, neat."

Should I track the IMEI here http://www.trackimei.com/ to see if they would know my location?
>>
>>52611313
not irreversible. He needs to buy a new motherboard for it. No problem.
>>
>>52619624
shut up jamal
>>
flash a new rom, change IMEI (google how to do this) and destroy any IMEI Number printed vor stamped on the phone/battery
>>
>>52619624
>http://www.trackimei.com

Stealing IMEI's is not okay Jamal.
>>
Currently rooting the phone so that I can change the IMEI, anything else I can do to prevent tracking?

inb4 nigger name, call me faggot at least.
>>
>being a nigger
>>
>>52620147
dindu nuffin
>>
>>52612167
/g/ never helped anyone steal a phone because we don't like niggers stealing our phones. Search the archive, it's true.
>>
>>52620086
>change the IMEI

You dumb nigger. The IMEI is built into the hardware, you cannot change it.
>>
>tfw WHITE
>>
>>52620086
>Currently rooting the phone so that I can change the IMEI
>being this retarded
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.