[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the 6s worth it? Is there a better phone out there?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: iphone-6s-2-29.0.jpg (372 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
iphone-6s-2-29.0.jpg
372 KB, 2500x1667
Is the 6s worth it? Is there a better phone out there?
>>
>>52553479
There are comparable phones for 1/3 of the price out there. You just have to do a little research. Dedicate a few hours this weekend towards it, and then never buy Apple's overpriced shit ever again.
>>
>>52553531
like?
>>
File: power .png (688 KB, 1440x951) Image search: [Google]
power .png
688 KB, 1440x951
>>52553756
I recommend having a look at the ulefone power if thickness isn't an issue. It's around 1cm thick iirc, but has a 6kmAh battery so battery life should be pretty insane.

But feel free to do your own research and find what you like.

IPhone is just a trophy phone, most cases sold for it have a hole in the back for the apple logo, which should give you some kind of idea what group it's targeted at.
>>
>>52553479
6p, galaxy note 5, galaxy s6, etc
>>
>>52553817
this, i saw a woman in a restaurant with a cheap case with that hole for the logo.
Why? That single part is going to get dusty as fuck and dirty the logo like a shit halo around the apple.
Fitting tho
>>
>>52554001
IPhone is mostly used as a symbol of wealth among poorfags these days. Majority of iPhone users are either poorfags, or tech illiterates who believe all the android memes and haven't heard of windows phone.

Kinda sucks 2bh, iPhone 5s was a really beautiful phone but since then apple has fallen to the shit and their userbase has degraded too.
>>
>>52553479
Yeah just get an LG 4G. . . . .
>>
>>52554201
>iPhone 5s was a really beautiful phone
It still is, anon! Overall the 5 and 5s are the fucking last and best iphones ever put out. Remember, Tim C u c k did said that was the iPhone Steve would've wanted to present to everyone
>>
>>52554279
Sorry, age hasn't reduced it's beauty, you're right.

But it is 2 years old now, next year the gimping through software updates will truly begin.
>>
File: iLag.webm (3 MB, 263x476) Image search: [Google]
iLag.webm
3 MB, 263x476
>>52554501
>next year
>>
>>52553479

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6555765?tstart=0

1434 posts
fuck that piece of shit
>>
>>52554201
>who believe all the android memes
what android memes
>>
>>52553479
the only reason you shouldn't get the 6s is if you already have a 6
>>
Great one-handed size
Great, fast camera
Great build quality
Amazing DAC
Vibration motor is pleasing, easily felt yet quiet
Display accuracy is great, gets very bright
Actually decent SOT despite tiny battery
Amazing standby (Doze is a step in the right direction, but not quite up there)
NAND performance is amazing
UI and games almost never hiccup
RAM management is amazing, apps hardly shut down despite "only" 2 GB

Great phone overall, only shitty part is the screen resolution is somewhat low, and the bezels are fucking unacceptable. People recommend budget Android phones, and they're good value but there are always a shit ton of caveats in performance, UI and UX etc. iOS at least is much more consistent
>>
File: M7-knockoff-vs-real-M7.jpg (73 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
M7-knockoff-vs-real-M7.jpg
73 KB, 600x544
>>52553479
Get the original instead of some shitty cheap knockoff.
>>
>>52555097
>HTC started metal phones
>>
>>52555077
Wow an actual non-autistic post in a thread about iPhones
>>
>>52555097
>BEATS AUDIO

JUST
>>
>>52555148
the ironic part is that it actually has great speakers and dac compared to other phones
>>
>>52553949
this.
>>
File: 1433725651407.jpg (68 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1433725651407.jpg
68 KB, 720x720
>>52553479
get the 6p
>>
>>52555203

Of you don't need a phone, I highly suggest you wait.

The LG G5 is going to be every android enthusiasts wet dream. Best or close to best in class camera, all metal premium construction, removable battery, microSD and maybe even sub-phablet size in the 5.2-5.3" area and nearly non-existent bezels (with the V-series becoming the dedicated phablet line).

Failing that, you know that Samsung is going to fix everything that's wrong with the S6 when the S7 drops.
>>
File: Lumix CM1.png (213 KB, 696x915) Image search: [Google]
Lumix CM1.png
213 KB, 696x915
>>52555921
>Best or close to best in class camera
topkek
>>
A camera that's also a phone doesn't really count.
>>
>>52554696
I have a 5s, works great on 9.2.1.
>>
>>52553479
What do you plan on doing with this phone? And I really HOPE it's not your everyday functions...
>>
>>52553479
I bought an SU 6. 7 hours SOT, 1080p IPS screen, 13MP camera, Quadcore 1.4Ghz & Quadcore 1Ghz, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage.

And it's £115.
>>
No it isn't. Anyone who says otherwise and anyone who believes it, is autistic and isn't worth any time.
>>
>>52555921
LG G? = FTW!!! >.<
>>
>>52553817
isnt gearbest kinda shady?
>>
>>52554241
LG? The washing machine manufacturer?
>>
>>52553479
No. Wait for the all new iCuck 7
Then youll really be eating shit out of your own hands my friend!
>>
>>52558611
They also sell on aliexpress
>>
There is not a chip on the planet that even comes close to the A9. Until its performance is matched in another device I can see no phone touching it.
>>
I use 6s Plus, and it's amazing, if maybe a bit unwieldy. I like some android phones better design wise, but the battery and ecosystem makes up for it.

If android had regular and fast updates I'd consider switching, but as for now iPhone is way more solid.
>>
File: DSC02117.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3333) Image search: [Google]
DSC02117.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3333
>>52558899
This is the correct answer, 6s plus is goat
>>
yes, its worth it
everything else is pajeet-tier
>>
>>52553479
Dont listen to fedora faggots who are just there for specs, any piece of hardware specs might be less important than other things.
But anyways why would you need such an expensive phone ?
>>
It's a good phone. If you plan on doing simple stuff like browsing the web, taking pictures, and texting. iMessage is really nice and iOS looks nice. You can jailbreak most little problems away.
If you really don't wanna go with iOS, the Nexus 6P is really good.
>>
>>52559497
Same poster, just wanted to add this. My only complaint with the iPhone is the fact that the 16GB model is $200. It's juuust barely enough to get by. It's up to you if the extra $100 for 32GB is worth it.
>>
>>52553479
No it's not worth it because chipgate and yes there is a better phone coming out in September, the iPhone 7
>>
>>52553817
Qualcomm is to Intel, as Mediatek is to AMD.
One is great! The other is terrible. You be the judge on your own.
>>
>>52559541
>there will always be a better phone around the corner :(
>>
>>52559572
I honestly hate how fast technology advances such as smartphones. DO we really NEED a new one every year? Or even every few months from shit tier manufacturers. Why not just build a great product and improve off that one device rather than keep upgrading hardware. There's much more work to be done on the software side.
>>
>>52559598
I get a new one every two years as part of my plan, but pass the old ones on.

My Mother now has my old 5s and my cousin is using my old 3Gs.

My old Nokia E63 that my dad used died last year as well as my old Sony Ericsson K810 which my mother had until the 5s

If you look after things, they tend to last
>>
>>52553817
Link? I've wanted this phone but couldn't remember the name
>>
Apple is for normies.
>>
>>52553479
6s plus
>>
File: IMG_0190.png (132 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0190.png
132 KB, 750x1334
>>52555077
I'll add to this post (6S owner):
Pros:
- Touch ID is very fast
- Good battery life (though im not on my phone that much)
- No lag
- Good speaker

Cons:
- Vibration is a little weak, most times I cant feel it or hear it when its on a flat surface
- 3D touch is mostly useless
- No integrated Google services (might be a pro for some people)
>>
No phone is worth more than 250, tops
>>
>>52553531
You're dumb
>>
>>52553479
>the only hardware difference between iphone 4 and 4s are the screw positions on the midframe bezel around the glass
>INNOVATION
>only hardware difference between 5c and 5s is one has TouchID and a 1cm longer LCD cable
>CREATIVITY
>only difference between 6 and 6s is a slightly longer lcd connector and the separate 3d touch panel
>INGENUITY

It took Apple like 4 years to start giving their $900 cheap pieces of shit more RAM. That should be enough to tell you how awful they are.
>>
Bought a 64GB 6S yesterday. It's the best in the market tbqh.
>>
>>52561515
I think TouchID has been surpassed in speed in many cases. Don't get me wrong, it's nce and quick but it's not really a positive point these days.

That battery life is impressive.
>>
>>52555077
>>52561515

A couple of constructive points against the 6S. I had one for a few days and didn't like it because the price/value ratio compared to a iPhone 6 didn't seem like it was worth it to me.

The only thing a 6S has over a 6 is an improved TouchID, 3D touch, and a better camera.

An improved TouchID isn't substantial, because the previous version of TouchID is great as is.

-3D touch is mostly useless.
Indeed it is, it's a cool technology, but I can't think of any practical application for it, especially one that justifies the price.

Better Camera, as per normal conventions, it's marginal upgrades, nothing ground breaking.

Either way, I just picked up an iPhone 6 and I'm really happy with it.
>>
>>52555932
These have dropped to £400 on amazon now... They were £900 when they came out. They also run Lollipop and have almost stock android; why aren't they more popular??
>>
>>52561515
>No integrated Google services (might be a pro for some people)
This is my number one complaint about my iphone. I came from Android and still use Google for my core services(gmail, calendar, contacts etc)
The lack of true integration of Google services is a problem. I am fairly conviced that it is Google's fault and not Apples(expect for Google Now). Gamil used to push(on exchange) but Google took that away. Apple's stock mail client supports push and providers besides Apple have implemented it(Fastmail), so the reason it doesnt work is Google is being asshats. The gmail app gets the job done, but since it isnt system integrated the experince isnt optimal.
I would consider moving to Apple services, however they are no where near feature parity with Google. In fact, that are quite simple and basic. This may appeal to some, but its not enough for me.
Otherwise, I am pretty content with the iphone over all. While not perfect, it has less friction points than Andorid, at least for me.
>>
>>52561769
Because people don't want to carry a fucking brick and have no use for the massive camera portion on a daily basis. Not all of us carry our phones on a belt clip.
>>
>>52561849
I don't see why people complain about Google integration besides Google Now. I use Inbox on my 6S and get notifications instantly as emails come in. Sure, there's no Google Now integration, but I never saw that as a big deal since I hardly use it, and all the other Google apps work fine on iOS, smoother than they have on my other Android devices in fact
>>
>>52561769
Because touch screen cameras are retarded and impossible to use.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.